[WIP] Chevron Skin

This is a WIP skin that I'm about 40% finished so far. Named 'Chevron' for the stylised background images used throughout.

It's been a while since I've been on the forums for an extended amount of time, and enjoying TEW2020 currently so I wanted to create my own skin. The skin's already available are so good and of such high quality that I genuinely felt challenged when coming up with ideas.

I'm posting this now as a WIP thread to help gauge interest and get some early feedback on the design elements used.

Promotions screen, with sidebar and lowerbars visible

XSoFUWW.png

Company tour screen

NPfZpCi.png

Company roster screen

MhDlcHY.png

Gimmick change screen

HVI1A9x.png

Some design choices I made to use throughout was removing as many borders as possible. For that reason only 'headers' tend to have borders. I also wanted to add screen titles to each screen, in the window bar. I've also avoided using block colours whenever possible and allowing text to sit over the background image, hopefully stopping any possible 'clunky' layouts.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts, opinions and improvements on this on-going project.

This is a WIP skin that I'm about 40% finished so far. Named 'Chevron' for the stylised background images used throughout.

It's been a while since I've been on the forums for an extended amount of time, and enjoying TEW2020 currently so I wanted to create my own skin. The skin's already available are so good and of such high quality that I genuinely felt challenged when coming up with ideas.

I'm posting this now as a WIP thread to help gauge interest and get some early feedback on the design elements used.

Promotions screen, with sidebar and lowerbars visible

XSoFUWW.png

Company tour screen

NPfZpCi.png

Company roster screen

MhDlcHY.png

Gimmick change screen

HVI1A9x.png

Some design choices I made to use throughout was removing as many borders as possible. For that reason only 'headers' tend to have borders. I also wanted to add screen titles to each screen, in the window bar. I've also avoided using block colours whenever possible and allowing text to sit over the background image, hopefully stopping any possible 'clunky' layouts.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts, opinions and improvements on this on-going project.

Some more progress done in the past 24 hours. Thought I'd show off a few more screens...

Loading screen

iHOYHm3.png

Hall of Immortals

*** CREDIT: Idolized for the frame ***

jrfAviR.png

Booking screen

VRRb9vW.png

Again, feedback, criticism and opinions are always welcome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Curious to know how this one is coming together? Love the work so far and can't wait to see the finished version

I'm curious what parts aren't finished. I really like the look of this, especially how the buttons on the left say what they are instead of me having to remember the pictures. If it's technically unfinished but actually usable I'd like the beta now please.

Is there an already existing dark skin that has the buttons on the left labeled with words instead of pictures?

Curious to know how this one is coming together? Love the work so far and can't wait to see the finished version

I'm curious what parts aren't finished. I really like the look of this, especially how the buttons on the left say what they are instead of me having to remember the pictures. If it's technically unfinished but actually usable I'd like the beta now please.

Is there an already existing dark skin that has the buttons on the left labeled with words instead of pictures?

So in terms of what is and isn't done, I've completed roughly 45% of the skin. I have unfortunately not had as much time to spend on this due to having to dedicate myself to other projects. I do hope to have this finished within two weeks, though.

It is possible that I could release a some sort of unfinished version, but it isn't quite there yet even for that. We'll see.

Thanks for the continued interest, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/19/2022 at 6:40 PM, Arber said:

So in terms of what is and isn't done, I've completed roughly 45% of the skin. I have unfortunately not had as much time to spend on this due to having to dedicate myself to other projects. I do hope to have this finished within two weeks, though.

It is possible that I could release a some sort of unfinished version, but it isn't quite there yet even for that. We'll see.

Thanks for the continued interest, though.

chevron looks too good, mister arber.
how is it going? 🙃