Random Hiatus Question...

If a worker is on hiatus, can you edit this in game? I been trying to figure it out and feel like it's right in front of my eyes and I just can't see it lol

IIRC, I think you can only talk to them and ask them to return. I've never had luck with this though. It makes sense though, as far as realism goes. If someone has something important going on, they would leave for a while. I usually just treat it like a kayfabe injury. At least you didn't lose Jon Moxley for 3 years because he went into politics. Yes, this happened in an AEW game I had going.

It is my least favorite feature in the game. Hiatus and politics. Workers should give a warning.

I definitely agree. Especially the politics one. Realistically the booker would be notified if this was something coming up for a worker. A better system would be structured like MMA fights. They give a warning that they will be gone, they start campaigning, if they win they stay gone for longer, and if they lose they come back.

Thanks guys! And that totally sucks about Ambrose - prolly the last guy who would ever get into politics lol. I'm playing a WWF Aug 1996 game, and trying to sign Ken Shamrock. He starts on hiatus and I have no idea why :confused:

Shamrock fought in MMA in December of 96 so I would assume his hiatus in the game is to reflect him training for that fight

Thanks guys! And that totally sucks about Ambrose - prolly the last guy who would ever get into politics lol. I'm playing a WWF Aug 1996 game, and trying to sign Ken Shamrock. He starts on hiatus and I have no idea why :confused:

I ended up scrapping that save. It gets worse. About a month later Jim Ross died. So, before it happened in real life, I brought in William Regal to fill in for Good Ol' JR in the commentary booth. Less than a week later Regal died as well!! IIRC, you can edit starting hiatuses before you begin a new game, but not during.

• 2 weeks later...
Shamrock fought in MMA in December of 96 so I would assume his hiatus in the game is to reflect him training for that fight

Thank you for clarifying! Very helpful.

I ended up scrapping that save. It gets worse. About a month later Jim Ross died. So, before it happened in real life, I brought in William Regal to fill in for Good Ol' JR in the commentary booth. Less than a week later Regal died as well!! IIRC, you can edit starting hiatuses before you begin a new game, but not during.

Omg that's insane lol

If a worker is on hiatus, can you edit this in game? I been trying to figure it out and feel like it's right in front of my eyes and I just can't see it lol

Its a bit gamey, but you can just add a new player to your game and choose to control the worker who you want to return from hiatus. Have him take over some insignificant company and then have him step down immediately. Then you hit the "leave game" button to make him AI controlled again.