WNBA Mod

This is a work in progress.

It currently consists of the 2021 WNBA season with no career stats, and base potentials.

Mainly, I wanted to see if I could get fairly accurate league-wide stats for WNBA, and I think I got close enough to show what I have as well as probably continue it later (NBA update has priority). I also simmed 20 years into the future and while overalls went up, the league-wide stats stayed roughly the same.

I cannot emulate the playoff structure of the WNBA, so I left it at 8 teams, best of 1-5-5.

Instead of a historical database, this will use excel outputs. When you start a new league selecting the WNBA league, on the second screen you will select the excel file as the initial player source. This is done because I edited the passing to be higher since the game's generation of the ratings made the passing very low. Because of this, I will likely just keep the same 12 teams across the entire league's history as well as the same amount of games as I won't have the game to assist with the volatility of WNBA structure. I will (assuming I work on it more) select a few seasons as starts, and the rest of the players will be supplied through draft classes. It will still have complete career stats for the starts.

I didn't use any WNBA assets, instead just calling it the USWBL.

While there is a height distribution file (which I did an educated guess on), there is not a weight distribution so all fictional women will be much heavier than they should be. I don't believe it affects simulations at all and can be fixed quickly by exporting, editing in excel, and importing the draft every season. If I work on the mod more, I'll probably post a quick guide. Probably takes me ~30 seconds each time to edit the weights, so it's fairly quick.

This cannot be used at the same time as the men's files. Either backup everything, or redownload the men's versions I uploaded in the 2021 update directory (just now added anything that will be overwritten by the women's version).

I think that covers everything. Cool!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15jcqrJj7IxeDXGhRJjhUWDo5bg0CdUix?usp=sharing

This is a work in progress.

It currently consists of the 2021 WNBA season with no career stats, and base potentials.

Mainly, I wanted to see if I could get fairly accurate league-wide stats for WNBA, and I think I got close enough to show what I have as well as probably continue it later (NBA update has priority). I also simmed 20 years into the future and while overalls went up, the league-wide stats stayed roughly the same.

I cannot emulate the playoff structure of the WNBA, so I left it at 8 teams, best of 1-5-5.

Instead of a historical database, this will use excel outputs. When you start a new league selecting the WNBA league, on the second screen you will select the excel file as the initial player source. This is done because I edited the passing to be higher since the game's generation of the ratings made the passing very low. Because of this, I will likely just keep the same 12 teams across the entire league's history as well as the same amount of games as I won't have the game to assist with the volatility of WNBA structure. I will (assuming I work on it more) select a few seasons as starts, and the rest of the players will be supplied through draft classes. It will still have complete career stats for the starts.

I didn't use any WNBA assets, instead just calling it the USWBL.

While there is a height distribution file (which I did an educated guess on), there is not a weight distribution so all fictional women will be much heavier than they should be. I don't believe it affects simulations at all and can be fixed quickly by exporting, editing in excel, and importing the draft every season. If I work on the mod more, I'll probably post a quick guide. Probably takes me ~30 seconds each time to edit the weights, so it's fairly quick.

This cannot be used at the same time as the men's files. Either backup everything, or redownload the men's versions I uploaded in the 2021 update directory (just now added anything that will be overwritten by the women's version).

I think that covers everything. Cool!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15jcqrJj7IxeDXGhRJjhUWDo5bg0CdUix?usp=sharing

• 7 months later...