Loyalty too strong IMO

On 5/1/2022 at 11:16 AM, MrDefarr said:

The current loyalty never bothered me, but if you made it an internal statistic within the worker's relationship with the promotion, that could make things interesting.

As well, their loyalty could shift over time ("Dynamic Loyalty"), have it optional.

This is my favorite idea I've seen! It would be a very cool system. A worker becomes loyal to a company by the way they are booked in the company. If they win a lot, win lots of titles & have long reigns. A meter or bond should grow between the company & worker eventually forming loyalty. Then the loyalty should have tiers.

Stuff like

"level 1: Friendly. Likes the company but easily bought signed away if a better deal is offered."

"Level 2: Chummy. Worker is less likely to be signed away by other companies & it would take more to sign them away."

"Level 3: Affectionate. Worker has a strong appreciation for the company & is very unlikely to sign with other company, will come to the owner first to see if the company will counter offer."

"Level 4: Defender. Worker will actively refuse offers from companies that are at war with their company & wouldn't sign to another company unless the offer is too good to pass up, while still going to the owner of the company first to give them a chance to counter offer."

And it goes from there. I think that would be a diverse & creative system. Obviously Adam would be able to make it more realistic & give it better naming/descriptions. I just think that would be really good.

You could also add attributes so certain workers will be less likely or more likely to become loyal.

Honestly, the system could use an overhaul. I've always heard people say "Loyalty is just for Japan." But people did jump around there. Even the most loyal would eventually leave. I know most the time they were walk outs, but KENTA & Nakamura are the most obvious cases of people leaving because of money. Also, who can forget when NJPW Ace Kenzo Suzuki left the company to become the biggest star in WWE history? Ya, we could never forget that!

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 12:45 PM, nerodragomir1 said:

You could also add attributes so certain workers will be less likely or more likely to become loyal.

This caught my eye. There used to be a worker personality set called "Company Man", which always made me think of Kane in WWE (although far from the only example). Basically, if you chose this personality set of sliders, the worker would never turn down your request to put someone over, never complain about their momentum, never say boo to anything you asked them to do (there were probably limits to it, but I never found them). I think this would fit your tier system very well. Having "Company Man" as an attribute would make someone grow into this dynamic loyalty system very quickly. I wouldn't want that as one of the tiers, just because I think increasing the likelihood of such a relationship makes sense without making it just an automatic deal.

St.T