Question about Money In The Bank

I usually only play as WWF/E in older mods. Never really utilized the MITB concept. I thought about starting a new modern save. How do you properly book the MITB cash-in. Do you do another match after the title match? (I feel that a short 5 minute match after the main event would kill the overall card score.) Or do you book an angle and use the title changes hand road agent note? Just curious how you all use it. Or is it possible to book an 'interference' from the MITB challenger in the title match and have him walk away with it?

I usually only play as WWF/E in older mods. Never really utilized the MITB concept. I thought about starting a new modern save. How do you properly book the MITB cash-in. Do you do another match after the title match? (I feel that a short 5 minute match after the main event would kill the overall card score.) Or do you book an angle and use the title changes hand road agent note? Just curious how you all use it. Or is it possible to book an 'interference' from the MITB challenger in the title match and have him walk away with it?

I always book an angle with the title change road agent note.

I tried it with a short match after the title match, but the rating sucks and lowers the overall show rating.

This is what I figured would be the best route. I will most likely use this method. I guess my only other concern would be Title Prestige. Idk if you have checked on this, but when you book this method, does the title lose prestige? I would think not booking it in a proper match would drop the prestige. Especially a main event title.

I've never booked a Money In The Bank before, but I think you could make a triple threat, and have the person cashing in set as 'midway addition' in the road agent's notes.

This is also a good idea. I feel like, roleplaying in my head anyway, you are giving away the cash-in by booking it this way. But, if the title changing hands in an angle drops it's prestige, which I'm not sure is the case, this might be the way to go. Perhaps it's time to fall into a YouTube portal today and see what I can find. (Every time I look something up on YouTube, 3 hours later, I find myself on videos totally unrelated to why I got on there in the first place. On the plus side, I now know that otters don't like seltzer water. (Yes, there is a video of otters reacting to their owner giving them seltzer water, among other things.))

I always, very stubbornly, book it as a match although doing it as an angle would most likely be better.

My history and how I played around it (mostly not though). Apologies for writing a novel.

WrestleMania 31: Seth Rollins defeated Brock Lesnar to win the WWE Championship. This match got a 99.

Bray cashes in after the match, but I made it a longer than usual cash-in match at 11 minutes. This kind of simulated that I wanted Seth to be a fighting champion. It got a low 80 rating and the event got a high 80s rating. So, this absolutely did affect the rating, but it wasn't a huge hit. I also didn't want to make a "traditional" cash in as the Mania main event and deliver a huge blow to my Mania. That's the only reason I made it a longer cash in match.

This was me accepting the ding to my PPV rating, but trying to minimize it.

Survivor Series 2015: Seth Rollins defeated Bray Wyatt to win the WWE Championship. This got a high 90s rating.

Roman Reigns then cashed in on Seth to win the WWE Championship. This got a high 50s rating and was more along the lines of a traditional cash in, being 2 minutes. The WWE Title match was in the middle of the show as I had a Survivor Series match involving the Authority on last. With Reigns title win here, the Authority's team now had the WWE Champion, the IC Champion, the US Champion, and the Tag Champions. So, that why I put the WWE Title match in the middle of the show.

The event got a high 90s rating because I didn't put the WWE Title match in the main event, as I felt another match was justified over it.

TLC 2016: Dean Ambrose defeated The Miz and Rusev in a TLC match to retain the Universal Championship. This match got a high 70s rating.

Kevin Owens cashed in on Dean to win the Universal Championship. This, again, got a high 50s or low 60s rating. This absolutely hurt the PPV rating, as it got a low 70s rating. Although, it probably didn't hurt much cause the advertised main event didn't do so well, which is a shame since 4 previous matches on the PPV got over 90.

This was me just accepting the ding in rating as it wasn't one of my major shows.

Smackdown July 2017: Dolph Ziggler had been doing a weekly open challenge during his reign as Universal Champion. John Cena answered the call at the end of July. In the end, Dolph defeated Cena to retain the Universal Championship.

Sheamus then cashed in on Dolph to win the Universal Championship. Traditional MitB booking here with a 1-2 minute cash in match. Ended up hurting the overall rating quite a bit, but as this was a weekly show, I didn't care too much.

Summerslam 2017: Becky Lynch defeated Sasha Banks ©, Summer Rae, and Paige to win the Smackdown Womens Championship. This got a low 90 rating.

Alexa Bliss then cashed in and defeated Becky. As the four way was the PPV opener, the cash in didn't hurt the overall rating.

Money in the Bank 2018: Christian defeated Seth Rollins to win the WWE Championship. This match got a 97.

Randy Orton, who won the ladder match earlier in the night, cashed in. Christian immediately got disqualified, keeping the championship. This was another case of me just accepting the penalty that came with the low cash in rating, as the event would have did really well otherwise.

Summerslam 2018: Emma defeated Bayley to retain the Raw Womens Championship.

Nothing to really note here as Bayley did the honorable cash in, a la RVD and announced ahead of time that she was cashing in at Summerslam. She won the Raw Womens Championship from Emma the next month by turning heel and aligning with Sasha Banks.

This is also a strategy. Just have the holder announce the cash in.

Hell in a Cell 2019: Last one. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Daniel Bryan in a Hell in a Cell match to win the Universal Championship. This match got an 84.

Sami Zayn cashed in the Money in the Bank and defeated Shinsuke to win the championship. This match was 9 minutes and was another case of me making a cash in match longer to avoid minimize the penalty to the overall rating.

So, there are a few ways to play around the traditional cash in, or just accept the blow to the rating.

This is what I figured would be the best route. I will most likely use this method. I guess my only other concern would be Title Prestige. Idk if you have checked on this, but when you book this method, does the title lose prestige? I would think not booking it in a proper match would drop the prestige. Especially a main event title.

I just booked a MITB Cash In (via Angle) and the title prestige did not drop. The angle rating was 100, though, so I don't know if that plays a part.

I once booked a Cash In as a midmatch addition and that lowered the rating, as well, that's why I don't do it anymore.

I just booked a MITB Cash In (via Angle) and the title prestige did not drop. The angle rating was 100, though, so I don't know if that plays a part.

I once booked a Cash In as a midmatch addition and that lowered the rating, as well, that's why I don't do it anymore.

This has been extremely helpful. Thanks for your input!