Struggling with creating Storylines

Hi i would like some help please i am currently playing as 1985 WWF i have made some contracts with wrestlers but i am struggling to create storylines and also wondering how im going to make my new wrestlers Debuts any ideas and suggestions would be very welcome.

Hi i would like some help please i am currently playing as 1985 WWF i have made some contracts with wrestlers but i am struggling to create storylines and also wondering how im going to make my new wrestlers Debuts any ideas and suggestions would be very welcome.

There are two things I would suggest for this. Number 1 is the Story Browser utility. It runs in Liberty BASIC and is essentially a compendium of the major storylines that were popular before chained stories were removed from the game. It contains some of just about everything you could ever want. Real world storylines ranging from the 60's to the 2000's, WWE video game storylines. Singles. Tags. Stables. Debut stories. I believe the download link was originally in the TEW 16 forum. But I can do some rooting around later and post the thread link in here to make things easier.

The other thing is to use what you know. That browser program also has a couple stories inspired by parables in the Bible that were in my Cappy Pack story mod circa TEW 10. My purpose in creating the Cappy Pack collection was to fill in content gaps in the story stock at the time. Things like tag team stories, Romance angles. Family friendly stories. To do this, I took from what I knew. Using stories from classical mythology, Bible stories and beloved kiddie TV shows like My Little Pony, iCarly, and Fraggle Rock. It made for a very eclectic mix but nonetheless was well received because it brought fresh and useful perspectives to the story pool.

I believe I still have my outline doc of all the storylines I've committed to screen on my hard drive. I haven't looked lately because this is one of the busy periods in my year. But I can root around on this computer and post that file as well if I can find it. Those were all put together on a computer that has since died. So I have to double check that it got backed up. However, if I'm remembering correctly and I still have that file, I'll happily upload that as well. I created those outlines to share after all.

The chained storylines had its faults sometimes I.e. forgetting to put someone in the precise role before running the show was annoying— but was it that bad a feature? I enjoyed the storylines that people came up with and it felt like another element of people modding the game for the better. I like the freestyle storylines too but cant they coexist or am I in the minority? :D

The chained storylines had its faults sometimes I.e. forgetting to put someone in the precise role before running the show was annoying— but was it that bad a feature? I enjoyed the storylines that people came up with and it felt like another element of people modding the game for the better. I like the freestyle storylines too but cant they coexist or am I in the minority? :D

Don't want to take this thread too far afield as your sentiment should probably be one of its own. But I'm right there with you. Not only for the reason you put put forth which is definitely true, but also because it was such a valuable aid for games you had to put on hold. It's been much harder to come back to unattended saves since storylines went solely freestyle. Seeing where you left off by where you were in the ongoing stories was a big help in moving forward.

Fair point on derailing the original intention. I would suggest reading diaries because they are naturally full of storylines and can really jumpstart your imagination and/or take you in new directions. For example, Historian made Riley McManus a star to me. Dark Raider made me a fan of QAW and opened the door to the women’s scene more generally— loads of ideas you can mine! Plus writing a diary yourself can get the creative process working too!

I also listen to a Stardom podcast and hearing people talk about their interpretations of storylines (Inc: debuts) gets me thinking about how to debut workers for my own diary (because they pick up on subtle things I don’t). Maybe there is something out there similar for real life promotions you like and again can give you inspiration.

I think in TEW stories start with building some meat around your workers; finishes, hometowns, strengths, weaknesses, alliances, rivalries etc.

As an example. I have the good luck to have hired Tommy Cornell Jr. as TCW and so far he has rejected his father's legacy and left The Syndicate and is blazing his own path. He is feuding with all the heels as he works his way up the card and learns something new from every feud. His last feud was against shallow midcarder Chance Fortune and he learnt that vanity can hold your career back. He currently teaming with Elliot Thomas who was the first to beat him, he is going to close that loop by beating Thomas for the TV title very soon. How will this end up? Does Cornell rejoin The Syndicate as leader or fight them with his own group, i'm not sure yet but stories like this are driving my game along.

I’m looking to get more familiar with Japanese styles of booking, particularly in CV97 mod. I was wondering some key differences of how to book PGHW or BHOTWG as opposed to the American style of booking.

Fair point on derailing the original intention. I would suggest reading diaries because they are naturally full of storylines and can really jumpstart your imagination and/or take you in new directions. For example, Historian made Riley McManus a star to me. Dark Raider made me a fan of QAW and opened the door to the women’s scene more generally— loads of ideas you can mine! Plus writing a diary yourself can get the creative process working too!

I also listen to a Stardom podcast and hearing people talk about their interpretations of storylines (Inc: debuts) gets me thinking about how to debut workers for my own diary (because they pick up on subtle things I don’t). Maybe there is something out there similar for real life promotions you like and again can give you inspiration.

Whats the name of this Podcast?

In the puro feds, it is generally suggested to run a lot of multi-man tag team matches, so the singles and tag team matches between big stars don’t get overexposed. When those matches do come, they need to be 20 minutes or longer, like a King’s Road style epic.

I’ll have to keep trying to utilize multiman matches. I struggle with them not feeling repetitive but that is something to work on by playing and learning.