MAT MANIA WRESTLING: CATCH THE MANIA! (CVerse 2020)

MAT MANIA WRESTLING

6wvRLP2.jpg

Owner: Giant Redwood

Ei0zw3I.jpg

Referee: Dale Kenney

FPZlAPZ.jpg

ROSTER

JAVA

Z5HOWsT.jpg

Taheiji Konoe, Ozzie Goldstein

C1ypi0p.jpgEvCXiTt.jpg

Dreadnought, Pepper Pelton, Lion Heart, Prime Time Jack Pryde

IFz1sW7.jpgfuNEmp8.jpgkjdLu54.jpgNLjHXJT.jpg

Kalder Tagg, Wolfie Tagg, Fearless Blue, Danger Man

HfnlQOC.jpgDO22SON.jpgnFDOq8I.jpgiNlEB7Q.jpg

Champions

MMW CHAMPION: JAVA

MMW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: The Hot Taggs

MAT MANIA WRESTLING

6wvRLP2.jpg

Owner: Giant Redwood

Ei0zw3I.jpg

Referee: Dale Kenney

FPZlAPZ.jpg

ROSTER

JAVA

Z5HOWsT.jpg

Taheiji Konoe, Ozzie Goldstein

C1ypi0p.jpgEvCXiTt.jpg

Dreadnought, Pepper Pelton, Lion Heart, Prime Time Jack Pryde

IFz1sW7.jpgfuNEmp8.jpgkjdLu54.jpgNLjHXJT.jpg

Kalder Tagg, Wolfie Tagg, Fearless Blue, Danger Man

HfnlQOC.jpgDO22SON.jpgnFDOq8I.jpgiNlEB7Q.jpg

Champions

MMW CHAMPION: JAVA

MMW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: The Hot Taggs

AeWVsNb.jpgEi0zw3I.jpg

Vibert's Voice

Phil Vibert: If you're just tuning in, I'm joined today on Vibert's Voice by none other than legendary big man, and former USPW World Champion: GIANT REDWOOD! Now Red, before the commercial you were telling us about your new promotion...

Giant Redwood: Yes, yes, Mat Mania Wrestling.

PV: Can you tell us more about where this idea came from?

GR: Well, I was sitting home enjoying my retirement and watching wrestling. I noticed one thing, ya know? Across the board. And that is that everything out right now sucks. Then, I thought about all these jabronis running wrestling companies out there and ya know, who are they? Who are they even? Who'd they beat? Nobody!

PV: Soooo everyone...sucks?

GR: YES! They suck the big one Vibert! I couldn't stand it anymore. So I thought "Why not me?" and that is when I came up with Mat Mania Wrestling! MMW!

PV: Ok, ok, I think I'm following your train of thought here. *mubles* crazy as it is** What can you tell us about "MMW"?

GR: It's...what it is...It's the kinda wrestling I came into the business with. Hard men, fighting hard bloody battles, with killer angles and showmanship! Story telling Vibert! My guys are gonna tell stories!

PV: Got it...stories about hard men. Well we are getting the wrap it up sign from my producer but go ahead and give us your pitch Red!

GR: Well that's...ok. Our first show is coming the end of January, it'll be based out of the VFW in Detroit. Tickets are free with a canned good for donation to the food drive. We've got a great roster! My close personal friend Java from USPW will be there signing autographs!

PV: You heard it here folks, great roster of hard men! Thats all the time we have here with Giant Redwood but if you're in the Detroit area at the end of January check out Mat Mania Wrestling! Thanks again Red!

GR: *rushed and flustered* Mat Mania Wrestling Chapter 1: Catch The Mania! Sunday, January 31st! Bring a can! There's a championship series!

MMW Chapter 1: Catch The Mania

Attendance: 84

Ei0zw3I.jpg

Giant Redwood Promo

Giant Redwood makes his way to the ring. The massive man is holding a black case. Redwood tells the crowd that tonight will begin the MMW Championship Series. The series will begin with an eight man tournament that will culminate in a Fatal Four Way match for tonight's Main Event. The winner of that match will advance in the series.

Rating: 41

Championship Series Part 1

Championship Series Match 1

Dreadnought Vs Danger Man

IFz1sW7.jpgQQl4Vm1.pngiNlEB7Q.jpg

This one reads as a mismatch from the start. The massive Dreadnought manhandles his much smaller opponent, despite some efforts at mounting an offense. Dreadnought finishes him with a Dread Bomb

Winner: Dreadnought

Rating: 11

Championship Series Match 2

Taheiji Konoe vs Wolfie Tagg

8oKxUdM.jpgQQl4Vm1.pngDO22SON.jpg

This match pit two rough brawlers against eachother. The match almost immediately spills out of the ring and weapons get involved. We learn that MMW is evidently pretty loose with the rules. The more experienced Taheiji Konoe puts down the bigger Tagg with an Animal Driver.

Winner: Taheiji Konoe

Rating: 30

Championship Series Match 3

Lion Heart vs Prime Time Jack Pryde

kjdLu54.jpgQQl4Vm1.pngNLjHXJT.jpg

The two wrestlers start this one slow, with a lot of posing and false starts. Once the match gets going, Lion Heart takes control. Pryde takes a few cheap shots and utilizes underhanded tactics. Eventually Lion Heart prevails and pins Pryde with a Lion's Pounce.

Winner: Lion Heart

Rating: 18

Championship Series Match 4

Ozzie Goldstein vs Fearless Blue

EvCXiTt.jpgQQl4Vm1.pngnFDOq8I.jpg

Ozzie does not take Fearless Blue seriously in the early goings of this match and nearly pays for it. Blue gets the near fall with a roll up. The match becomes competitive back and forth. Goldstein gets the pin following a Golden Shower and a handful of tights.

Winner: Ozzie Goldstein

Rating: 30

Championship Series Fatal Four Way

Dreadnought vs Taheiji Konoe vs Lion Heart vs Ozzie Goldstein

IFz1sW7.jpgQQl4Vm1.png8oKxUdM.jpgQQl4Vm1.pngkjdLu54.jpgQQl4Vm1.pngEvCXiTt.jpg

The four men start off the match feeling eachother out. Initially all three competitors team up on Dreadnought but he overpowers the men and Ozzie turns his attention to Lion Heart. Midway through the match Prime Time Jack Pryde interferes and puts down Lion Heart in apparent revenge for earlier in the night. Taheiji Konoe gets the victory after tossing Dreadnought into Ozzie and pinning Lion Heart. Konoe will advance in the series

Rating: 26

EvCXiTt.jpg

Ozzie Goldstein Throws a Temper Tantrum in the Ring

After Taheiji Konoe finishes celebrating his victory and leaves, Goldstein remains in the ring sitting on his knees. Looking about the cry he screams and flings himself to the ground and begins to thrash about in the ring until Dale Kenney makes him leave.

Show Rating: 30

Notes from the boss: Decent turnout, my tickets are free to boost attendance and gain size while I lose money in the first year. Fans seem to really like Goldstein and Konoe. Fearless Blue also surprised me in the ring.

MMW Nexus Event

February Week 4

Championship Series continues

Opener

Exhibition Tag Match

The Hot Taggs (Kalder & Wolfie) vs Fearless Danger (Fearless Blue & Danger Man)

Grudge Match

Singles

Exhibition

Singles

Dreadnought vs Pepper Pelton

Main Event

Championship Series Battle Royal

Winner will face Taheiji Konoe at Climb to Glory in March to complete the Championship Series

Giant Redwood saying other people suck is reason enough to follow this.

Opener

Exhibition Tag Match

Grudge Match

Singles

Exhibition

Singles

Main Event

Winner will face Taheiji Konoe at Climb to Glory in March to complete the Championship Series

MMW Nexus Event

February Week 4

Championship Series continues

Opener

Exhibition Tag Match

Grudge Match

Singles

Exhibition

Singles

Main Event

Ozzie Goldstein

Opener

Exhibition Tag Match

Grudge Match

Singles

Exhibition

Singles

Main Event

Exhibition Tag Match

Grudge Match

Singles

Exhibition

Singles

Main Event

Ozzie Goldstein

MMW THE NEXUS EVENT

Attendance: 88

Opener

Exhibition Tag Team Match

The Hot Taggs vs Fearless Danger

0mwCkth.jpgS7zbJkK.jpgcYCPiP8.pnghppl5I2.jpgr9tJ6Kv.jpg

This one seemed pretty destined to be one sided. The Taggs have size and tag team experience on Fearless Danger and utilized that to their benefit. Blue got in some decent offense but in the end the rookie Danger Man takes the fall.

Winners: The Hot Taggs

Rating: 18

Grudge Match

Singles, One Fall Match Up

kjdLu54.jpgcYCPiP8.png1TRSBej.jpg

In a return match from last month, Pryde looks to avenge his loss and Lion Heart is seeking payback for Pryde's interference in the main event. Lion Heart dominates the majority of the match, whipping the younger Pryde around the ring with relative ease and beating him down to enjoyment of the crowd. Pryde gets a lucky break when the referee is distracted by a rowdy fan and levels Lion Heart with a low blow. Pryde gets the pin following a Pryde Fall.

Winner: Prime Time Jack Pryde

Rating: 21

Exhibition

Singles, No Disqualification

Pepper Pelton vs Dreadnought

Ghb0Edk.jpgcYCPiP8.png1FYg7He.jpg

It's not often Pepper Pelton is made to look small but standing across the ring from Dreadnought is going to have that effect on most mortal men. Nevertheless, Pepper is full of fire and charges his opponent at the bell. The two big men exchange ring shaking slams and crowd popping blows. Referee Dale Kenney tries to control the bout and keep the men in the ring but can't seem to get through to them. Frustrated, Kenney calls for the bell and has the match thrown out. Pelton and Dreadnought don't seem to notice or care as they continue to brawl all the way to the back.

Winner: No Contest

Rating: 15

Ozzie Goldstein Promo, Giant Redwood Interrupts

6kM1nBF.jpgXPH8gdw.jpg

"Pretty Boy" Ozzie Goldstein comes to the ring and takes a microphone. He complains that his booking was unfair last month as he had to go straight from his qualifying match to the fatal four way. Goldstein continues to complain about being treated unfairly in MMW until Giant Redwood interrupts. Redwood tells Goldstein that he and the fans don't want to listen to a bunch of crying. They want to see a fight! Redwood, concedes Goldstein's point however and tells him that if he can beat Taheiji Konoe in a match tonight then he will advance in the championship series and Konoe will take Goldstein's place in the battle royal. Goldstein tries to protest but Giant Redwood makes it clear this isn't up for debate. That match will start now.

Rating: 31

Semi Main Event

Grudge Match, Singles, One Fall

"Pretty Boy" Ozzie Goldstein vs "The Animal" Taheiji Konoe

6kM1nBF.jpgcYCPiP8.png0hGbiCw.jpg

Taheiji Konoe makes his way to ring, but gets caught by some stomps from Goldstein as the Animal slides into the ring. Konoe powers back and takes Goldstein out with a nasty lariat. The two battle it out back and forth before Konoe his the Animalistic Gore followed by a Savage Cradle DDT on the concrete. Konoe rolls Goldstein into the ring for the pin and picks up the victory.

Rating: 34

Main Event

Championship Series 10 Man Battle Royal

*Surprise Entrant* Conner Threepwood vs Danger Man vs Dreadnought vs Fearless Blue vs Kalder Tagg vs Lion Heart vs Ozzie Goldstein vs Pepper Pelton vs Prime Time Jack Pryde vs Wolfie Tagg

zKze0ZV.jpghppl5I2.jpg1FYg7He.jpgr9tJ6Kv.jpg0mwCkth.jpgkjdLu54.jpg6kM1nBF.jpgGhb0Edk.jpg1TRSBej.jpgS7zbJkK.jpg

Officials come to check on Goldstein who doesn't look like he is going to be in any condition to compete. As Goldstein is removed from the ring, Conner Threepwood makes his way and gets a nice reaction from fans. The rest of the competitors make their way to the ring and the battle royal begins. The Hot Taggs work together and toss out Danger Man, but then argue with eachother allowing Fearless Blue to eliminate both men. Blue is then immediately tossed out by Jack Pryde who himself is eliminated by Lion Heart. Dreadnought and Pepper Pelton are clearly not done with eachother as the two men brawl all around the ring. Pelton hits a big clothesline on Dreadnought sending both men over the top. They once again brawl to the back. Conner Threepwood and Lion Heart face eeachother, shake hands and then compete in a competitive back and forth. Threepwood eventually sides steps the aggressive Lion Heart and tosses him from the ring. As Conner celebrates his victory, Ozzie Goldstein slides in and tosses him to the outside. Ozzie Goldstein wins the Championship Series Battle Royal.

Winner: Ozzie Goldstein

Rating: 27

Show Rating: 28

Notes From the Boss: Thank you guys for your predictions. I hope you stick around to see what's coming. Attendance was up slightly this month. Fearless Blue continues to surprise me, I hope his pairing with the rookie Danger Man will be beneficial. Ozzie and Konoe are very solid workers. I can't believe they start unemployed. Hopefully I hold onto them for awhile. Dreadnought and Pelton are both green as grass but the hosses have huge potential.

MMW CLIMB TO GLORY

Opener

Kalder Tagg vs Danger Man

Hardcore Match

Wolfie Tagg vs Fearless Blue

Semi Main Event

Tag Team Match

Tornado Style, One Fall

Lion Heart and Pepper Pelton vs Prime Time Jack Pryde and Dreadnought

Main Event

Championship Series Final

Ladder Match

MMW Championship

"The Animal" Taheiji Konoe vs "Pretty Boy" Ozzie Goldstein

Opener

Hardcore Match

Semi Main Event

Tag Team Match

Tornado Style, One Fall

Main Event

Ladder Match

MMW Championship

MMW CLIMB TO GLORY

Opener

Hardcore Match

Semi Main Event

Tag Team Match

Tornado Style, One Fall

Main Event

Ladder Match

MMW Championship

Opener

Hardcore Match

Semi Main Event

Tag Team Match

Tornado Style, One Fall

Main Event

Ladder Match

MMW Championship

MMW CLIMB TO GLORY

Attendance: 92

Opener

2x0hQeS.jpgm5kTpI0.pnglzun1n1.jpg

Kalder Tagg makes short work of his smaller opponent, Danger Man. The Hot Taggs confidence has definitely been bolstered by this easy victory.

Winner: Kalder Tagg

Rating: 15

Hardcore Match

2tNzzKe.jpgm5kTpI0.pngl3QhzeY.jpg

Wolfie Tagg is laughing and joking with Kalder following his successful match when he catches a dropkick into a chair from Fearless Blue that sends him crashing into Kalder. Fearless Blue builds solid momentum up against Wolfie and gets the crowd solidly behind him. A missed moonsault puts Wolfie in control and the match has turned brutal. The finish comes when Fearless Blue gets a roll up victory following an assist from Danger Man in the form of a cookie sheet to the face of Wolfie. Fearless Blue picks up the win.

Winner: Fearless Blue

Rating: 20

Semi Main Event

Grudge Match, Tag Team, Single Fall

AkWEkuZ.jpgGvuuLIi.jpgm5kTpI0.pngEW2UeWW.jpglwrAAlv.jpg

Lion Heart and Pryde start the match up. The match is fast paced at the start but it's clear that Pryde can't keep the work rate that Lion Heart is setting. Pryde gets a tag to Dreadnought who takes the fight to Lion Heart. The double team takes place keeping the wind out of Lion Heart until he gets the big tag to Pepper Pelton. Pelton and Dreadought immediately begin slugging it out and have lost all sight of the match. Lion Heart and Pryde tag back in. Pepper Pelton and Dreadnought continue to brawl outside the ring. Pryde is distracted by his partner not being there. Lion Heart hit's the Lion's Pounce on Pryde for the victory.

Winner: Lion Heart and Pepper Pelton

Rating: 17

Main Event

MMW Championship

Ladder Match

Ubzj2yl.jpgm5kTpI0.pngzVQSlfK.jpg

The black case that Giant Redwood has been carrying is suspended above the ring. The two stars of MMW definitely have the crowd engaged. The matchup is solid and brutal. Konoe utilizes his experience as a death match wrestler to brutalize Goldstein but Goldstein shows he is capable of giving as good as he gets. The two men crash all across the ring as the ladder is turned into a weapon. Konoe hits the Savage Cradle DDT from the top of the ladder before descending and grabbing the case. Taheiji Konoe wins the match

Rating: 39

TVNpSzt.jpgGv6xCLh.jpgUbzj2yl.jpg

Giant Redwood and Java Interrupt Taheiji Konoe's Celebration

Taheiji Konoe wipes the blood from his face as he sits in the ring holding the case. He opens it but appears shocked and confused. The case is empty. A visibly upset Konoe shakes the case in the ring as Giant Redwood makes his way to the ring with a microphone and Java who has a championship belt over his shoulder.

Giant Redwood informs Konoe that he is here to clear up some confusion. The Championship Series was NOT for the MMW Championship but a number 1 contenders spot. Redwood clarifies that MMW already HAS a champion, Java. Konoe will Face Java next month at MMW Mania Challenge I for the MMW Championship

Show Rating: 33

Notes from the boss: Taheiji Konoe and Ozzie Goldstein continue to impress. Java adding to the mix will give the main event a boost of much needed legitimacy. Fearless Blue is carrying the feud with the Taggs. Hoping that everyone involved is going to benefit. Thanks again for tuning in. I hope I can keep your interest.

MMW MANIA CHALLENGE I

OPENER

I QUIT MATCH

LION HEART VS PRIME TIME JACK PRYDE

DOG COLLAR TAG TEAM MATCH

INNAUGURAL MMW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

THE HOT TAGGS VS FEARLESS DANGER

GRUDGE MATCH

LAST MAN STANDING

PEPPER PELTON VS DREADNOUGHT

MAIN EVENT

MMW CHAMPIONSHIP

TWO OUT OF THREE FALLS

"THE ANIMAL" TAHEIJI KONOE VS "SAVAGE BEAST " JAVA

MMW MANIA CHALLENGE I

OPENER

I QUIT MATCH

GRUDGE MATCH

LAST MAN STANDING

MAIN EVENT

MMW CHAMPIONSHIP

TWO OUT OF THREE FALLS

Big brawling double DQ methinks.

Opener

I Quit Match

Lion Heart Vs prime Time Jack Pryde

Dog Collar Tag Team Match

Innaugural Mmw Tag Team Championship

the Hot Taggs Vs Fearless Danger

Grudge Match

Last Man Standing

Pepper Pelton Vs dreadnought

Main Event

Mmw Championship

Two Out Of Three Falls

"the Animal" Taheiji Konoe Vs "savage Beast " Java

What a fun roster!

MMW MANIA CHALLENGE I

OPENER

I QUIT MATCH

GRUDGE MATCH

LAST MAN STANDING

MAIN EVENT

MMW CHAMPIONSHIP

TWO OUT OF THREE FALLS

Opener

I Quit Match

lion Heart Vs Prime Time Jack Pryde

Grudge Match

Last Man Standing

Pepper Pelton Vs dreadnought

Main Event

Mmw Championship

Two Out Of Three Falls

Opener

I Quit Match

Grudge Match

Last Man Standing

Pepper Pelton Vs Dreadnought

Main Event

Mmw Championship

Two Out Of Three Falls

Opener

I Quit Match

Grudge Match

Last Man Standing

Pepper Pelton Vs Dreadnought

Main Event

Mmw Championship

Two Out Of Three Falls

MMW MANIA CHALLENGE I

ATTENDANCE:108

vXZ59nj.jpg

GIANT REDWOOD HYPES MANIA CHALLENGE I

Giant Redwood welcomes the crowd. He thanks the fans for attending and runs down tonight's card. Redwood promises the crowd an unforgettable night and then leaves the ring as we get set for our first match of the evening.

RATING: 38

OPENER

I QUIT MATCH

kT4Z8Ts.jpgyCRqQgw.pngJrVC5ZB.jpg

Lion Heart and Prime Time exchange holds and takedowns at the start of the match, feeling eachother out. In singles competition they are one and one so this match will settle the score. Towards the end of the match it looks like Pryde drops Lion Heart hard. The referee checks on Lion Heart who says he is good to go. He hits a pounce on Pryde and thats the match.

WINNER: LION HEART

RATING: 19

BoKQFRg.jpgznup569.jpgyCRqQgw.pnggNR4IpU.jpgqlmBEUH.jpg

This one promises to be brutal. Kalder is chained to Fearless Blue and Wolfie to Danger Man. Almost immediately the bigger Taggs start using their size advantage to bully their small opponents. In a dangerous spot, Wolfie hangs Danger Man over the ropes by the shared collar. By the match end all four men have shed blood but it is the Taggs who walk away with the gold.

WINNERS: THE HOT TAGGS

RATING: 23

GRUDGE MATCH

LAST MAN STANDING

DREADNOUGHT VS PEPPER PELTON

6IZiLO1.jpgyCRqQgw.pngvfmVXi1.jpg

The two big men are once again engaged in a slugfest but this one has promised to have a winner. They trade power moves and poses in the early stages of the match with neither competitor gaining much advantage. A crazy spear by Dreadnought sends Pelton crashing through the ringside guard rails and has both men struggle to get to their feet. In the end a Dread Bomb puts Pelton down for 10.

WINNER: DREADNOUGHT

RATING: 14

MAIN EVENT

MMW CHAMPIONSHIP

TWO OUT OF THREE FALLS

"THE ANIMAL" TAHEIJI KONOE VS "SAVAGE BEAST " JAVA © w/ GIANT REDWOOD

57QAJrI.jpgyCRqQgw.pngrMBODQb.jpgvXZ59nj.jpg

Taheiji Konoe makes his way to the ring first. The Animal looks pumped and ready to do some damage. Java is out next with Giant Redwood in tow. The ring announcer makes sure to let the crowd know that Java is fighting out of Detroit to get the pop from the hometown audience. As the two lock horns, Java takes control with his superior size and strength. Throughout the match the two warriors trade off being on top and Konoe looks like he belongs in the ring with Java. Java picks up the first fall but Konoe answers back by hitting a Savage Cradle DDT on the big man to make it one to one.

bGuoWnx.jpg

Ozzie Goldstein makes his way to ringside. A confused Redwood has words with Goldstein but goes back to focusing on the match. After a near fall on Konoe, both Java and Redwood argue with the referee. Ozzie Goldstein uses this distraction to super kick Konoe. Java hits a Greetings from the Island on Konoe to seal the final pin.

WINNER: JAVA

RATING: 41

SHOW RATING:35

NOTES FROM THE BOSS: Lion Heart suffered broken ribs when Pryde botched during the match. Looks like he won't miss any time on my end though. Time for all of my under card to move onto different things and see if we can't produce some better ratings. Konoe and Java worked great together. I will have to get them back across the ring from one another down the road. Thanks you guys for being here and please stick around for more.

MMW CAGE OF RAGE

OPENER

EXHIBITION SINGLES

FEARLESS BLUE VS PRIME TIME JACK PRYDE

MMW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

OPEN CHALLENGE

THE HOT TAGGS © VS TBA

MAIN EVENT

CAGE OF RAGE

MMW CHAMPIONSHIP #1 CONTENDERS MATCH

(Cage of Rage is a multiman cage match. Initially the cage is locked and opponents are eliminated by pinfall or submission until the final two. Then the objective becomes escaping the cage)

LION HEART VS TAHEIJI KONOE VS CONNER THREEPWOOD VS DREADNOUGHT VS OZZIE GOLDSTEIN