[WWF 1991] Butterfly Effect

Background Information

Hello everyone. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to read this diary. As you already know, my username is angeldelayette. I am presenting my take on World Wrestling Federation beginning in the month of January and the year of 1991. I have been working on this diary in secret and I already have everything up to the Royal Rumble written out.

I love this time period as it brings me back to my childhood. It is a wonderful time when The Ultimate Warrior is the king of the WWF, Sgt. Slaughter is an Iraqi sympathizing turncoat and Hulkamania is still running wild. I will be bringing my unique take to the time period while keeping some things as they were in real life.

Format

I will be using an abbreviated format for the shows. I write my own angles in when I play in the game so I will be mostly doing that. I will have two shows. WWF Superstars will be my 'A' show, while Wrestling Challenge will be my 'B' show. There won't be any predictions put up except on the pay-per-view events. However, I do encourage people to write in and tell me what they think of my shows and the direction I have the WWF going.

Background Information

Hello everyone. Thank you for taking some time out of your day to read this diary. As you already know, my username is angeldelayette. I am presenting my take on World Wrestling Federation beginning in the month of January and the year of 1991. I have been working on this diary in secret and I already have everything up to the Royal Rumble written out.

I love this time period as it brings me back to my childhood. It is a wonderful time when The Ultimate Warrior is the king of the WWF, Sgt. Slaughter is an Iraqi sympathizing turncoat and Hulkamania is still running wild. I will be bringing my unique take to the time period while keeping some things as they were in real life.

Format

I will be using an abbreviated format for the shows. I write my own angles in when I play in the game so I will be mostly doing that. I will have two shows. WWF Superstars will be my 'A' show, while Wrestling Challenge will be my 'B' show. There won't be any predictions put up except on the pay-per-view events. However, I do encourage people to write in and tell me what they think of my shows and the direction I have the WWF going.

uuDEseI.jpg

WWF SUPERSTARS!

Saturday Week 1 January 1991 (Taped Wednesday)

Attendance: 12,234

Overall Rating: 80

TV Rating: .71

-At the announce booth, Vince McMahon and Roddy Piper welcome everyone to WWF Superstars. They discuss the upcoming Royal Rumble. Piper announces that he will be in the Royal Rumble match this year. Vince McMahon hypes the Sgt. Slaughter versus Jim Duggan match as our main event. Then, he sends us to our opening bout.

-In an extremely short match, The Texas Tornado(63) defeated Brooklyn Brawler(35) in 3:43 by pinfall with a Tornado Punch...50

-In a video, Update is hosted by Gene Okerlund. He talks about the upcoming WWF Heavyweight title match between The Ultimate Warrior and Sgt. Slaughter. He says that there is another man looking to take down Warrior and that man is Randy Savage. He sends us to a promo by Savage. Randy Savage states that the match between Warrior and Slaughter will be non title because he is going to walk away with the belt before then. Back to the studio, Okerlund sends us to a promo by The Ultimate Warrior. Warrior says he has put Savage in the rear view mirror and expects total surrender from Sgt. Slaughter.

-In a terrible match, The Warlord(52) defeated Brian Costello(29) in 2:40 by submission with a Full Nelson...33

-At a staging area, Brother Love hosts the Brother Love Show with special guest, Hulk Hogan. Hogan hypes the Royal Rumble and claims to be the first two time Royal Rumble winner. They are interrupted by Earthquake, who says he wants things finished between the two of them. He challenges Hogan to meet him in their final encounter next week on WWF Superstars. Hogan agrees to the challenge and Earthquake knocks Hogan down, striking him with the megaphone before walking off.

-In a bout that had terrible wrestling and non-existent crowd heat, The Rockers(Michaels-60, Jannetty-59) defeated Barry Hardy(22) and Bob Bradley(33) in 4:29 when Shawn Michaels pinned Barry Hardy with a Rocker-Plex.

Barry Hardy was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance...45

-In a video, Royal Rumble Event Center is hosted by Sean Mooney. Mooney talks about the Royal Rumble and sends us to promos by several of the participants. These include Bret Hart, Paul Roma, The Undertaker and The British Bulldog. Each of them promise to win the Royal Rumble.

-In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Sgt. Slaughter(71) defeated Jim Duggan(60) in 10:42 by submission with a Camel Clutch...76

-In a video, the Royal Rumble Report is hosted by Gene Okerlund. Okerlund talks about some of the other matches at the Royal Rumble, announcing that the Rhodes family will no longer be participating. He sends us to a promo with The Million Dollar Man and Virgil. DiBiase states that he ran the Rhodes family out of the WWF and should be rewarded. He challenges The Hart Foundation to put their WWF World Tag Team titles on the line against him and Virgil. He promises that they will walk away with gold because everybody's got a price for The Million Dollar Man. Back at the studio, Gene Okerlund discusses the feud between Jake Roberts and Rick Martel. He sends us to a promo by Roberts. Jake Roberts discusses the Royal Rumble and how that's a perfect match for a snake. But he also says that if he comes face to face with Rick Martel that Martel will no longer look like a model. Trust me.

-In a video, Hulk Hogan is shown...walking through the parking lot! A car pulls up and Earthquake gets out. Earthquake attacks Hogan, including body slamming him on top of the car before shoving him to the ground. Earthquake gets back into the car and it drives off. Hogan watches from his knees, obviously hurting.

===

WWF WRESTLING CHALLENGE!

Sunday Week 1 January 1991 (Taped Thursday)

Attendance: 4,270

Overall Rating: 76

TV Rating: .08

-Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan welcome everyone to WWF Wrestling Challenge. Heenan says that Hulkamania will be destroyed next week on WWF Superstars. Monsoon says that they will learn more about what Heenan is talking about as the show moves forward. Monsoon sends us to the ring for our opening bout.

-In a terrible match, The Hart Foundation(Hart-70, Neidhart-59) defeated Barry Hardy(24) and Bob Bradley(35) in 4:16 when Bret Hart pinned Barry Hardy with a Hart Attack.

In terms of in-ring work, Bret Hart was head and shoulders above everyone else. Barry Hardy was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance...48

-In a video, Special Report is hosted by Lord Alfred Hayes. Lord Hayes hypes the Royal Rumble and then sends us to a recap of Hulk Hogan on the Brother Love Show. Earthquake interrupts the moment and challenges Hogan. Hogan accepts the challenge. Earthquake knocks down Hogan with a megaphone.

-In an extremely short match, The Undertaker(66) defeated Shane Douglas(39) in 3:54 by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver...49

-In a video, the Royal Rumble Event Center is hosted by Sean Mooney. Mooney talks about the upcoming Royal Rumble and then sends us to interviews with several of the participants. Those participants are Mr. Perfect with Bobby Heenan and The Million Dollar Man and Virgil.

-In a terrible match, The Nasty Boys(Knobbs-55, Sags-53) defeated Al Burke(22) and Koko B. Ware(42) in 4:11 when Brian Knobbs pinned Al Burke with a Trip to Nastyville.

Al Burke was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance...38

-The Ultimate Warrior had an interview with Gene Okerlund hyping his upcoming singles match with Sgt. Slaughter.

-In a decent match, Mr. Perfect(76) defeated Jim Powers(41) in 10:08 by pinfall with a Perfect Plex...71

-In a video, a second Royal Rumble Event Center is hosted by Sean Mooney. Mooney talks about the Royal Rumble and then sends us to interviews with several of the participants. Those participants include Power and Glory and Jake Roberts. Roberts threatens Rick Martel, saying that if he gets in the ring with Martel he's going to get his revenge.

uuDEseI.jpg

WWF SUPERSTARS!

Saturday Week 2 January 1991 (Taped Wednesday)

Attendance: 18,000

Overall Rating: 87

TV Rating: .74

-At the announce booth, Vince McMahon and Roddy Piper welcome everyone to WWF Superstars. They talk about having the biggest match in the history of Superstars today when Hulk Hogan takes on Earthquake in their final match in this feud. Vince McMahon predicts a win by Hulkamania while Piper doesn't know who will win. Vince McMahon sends us to the ring for our opening match.

-In an extremely short match, Big Bossman(65) defeated Dino Bravo(54) in 4:14 by pinfall...55

-Bobby Heenan walks out from the back and stands at the top of the ramp. He tells Big Bossman that his match at the Royal Rumble against The Barbarian has been postponed. Instead, Bossman will face a wrestler of Heenan's choosing. Big Bossman gets on the microphone and says that it doesn't matter who he faces because the Heenan Family will all serve hard time, including Mr. Perfect before Perfect hands over the WWF Intercontinental title. Heenan throws out some insults and then gets away before Bossman runs to chase him backstage.

-In a video, Sean Mooney hosts the Royal Rumble Event Center. He announces that a new match has been added to the show. That match will feature Power and Glory and The Warlord teaming together against The Legion of Doom and The British Bulldog. He sends us to a promo with Slick, Power and Glory and The Warlord. Slick, in particular, hypes the match and then it flips to an interview with The Legion of Doom and The British Bulldog. They hype the match and the Royal Rumble.

-In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, The British Bulldog(53) defeated Brooklyn Brawler(38) in 3:51 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam...39

-In a video, Gene Okerlund hosts the Royal Rumble Event Center. He talks about the challenge issued last week by The Million Dollar Man and Virgil to face The Hart Foundation for the WWF World Tag Team titles. He sends us to an interview with The Hart Foundation. Bret Hart accepts the challenge for the team, saying that The Million Dollar Man and Virgil will have to face the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. Jim Neidhart agrees and then talks briefly about the Royal Rumble, stating that they will be the last two remaining and then it's every Hart Foundation member for himself. Back to Gene Okerlund. Okerlund talks about the Royal Rumble and then sends us to promos by several of the participants. These include Earthquake, Hulk Hogan and Jimmy Snuka.

-In a terrible match, Power(56) and Glory(50) defeated Brian Costello(29) and Sam Houston(24) in 4:30 when Paul Roma pinned Sam Houston with The Power-Plex...37

-In the ring, Roddy Piper hosts Piper's Pit. His special guest is the WWF Heavyweight Champion The Ultimate Warrior. Warrior hypes his match with Sgt. Slaughter. Randy Savage interrupts and says that Warrior is not going to make it to the Royal Rumble. Savage says that he will be facing Warrior next week. When he beats Warrior, he will receive a title match at the final WWF Superstars before the Royal Rumble. Savage slaps Warrior and then escapes the ring before Warrior can get him. Savage yells at Warrior that he'll see him next week.

-In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Hulk Hogan(86) defeated Earthquake(72) in 9:56 by pinfall with a Big Leg Drop...78

-Having picked up the victory, Hulk Hogan celebrates in the ring. He gets on the microphone and hypes the upcoming Royal Rumble match, promising a victory for all the Hulkamaniacs.

===

WWF WRESTLING CHALLENGE!

Sunday Week 2 January 1991 (Taped Thursday)

Attendance: 2,733

Overall Rating: 84

-At the announce booth, Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan welcome everyone to WWF Wrestling Challenge. Heenan hypes his feud with Big Bossman, promising that Bossman's career will end like an all you can eat buffet after Bossman's mother gets done there. Monsoon tells Heenan to stop it and then sends us to the ring for our opening bout.

-In an extremely short match, The Undertaker(66) defeated Nikolai Volkoff(50) in 4:18 by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver...54

-A video plays focusing on Piper's Pit hosted by Roddy Piper from WWF Superstars. The Ultimate Warrior was the guest but they were interrupted by Randy Savage. He set up a singles match against The Ultimate Warrior next week.

-In an extremely short match, Jim Duggan(63) defeated Brooklyn Brawler(38) in 3:58 by pinfall with an Old Glory...54

-In a video, Gene Okerlund hosts Special Report. Okerlund talks about the upcoming Royal Rumble and says that there are a few words that come from the challenger to the WWF Heavyweight title, Sgt. Slaughter. Slaughter hypes his upcoming match with The Ultimate Warrior at the Royal Rumble. Then, he challenges Roddy Piper to meet him on Wrestling Challenge next week.

-In a terrible match, The Rockers(Michaels-60, Jannetty-56) defeated Bob Bradley(36) and Steven Dane(19) in 4:14 when Shawn Michaels pinned Steven Dane with a Rocker-Plex.

Steven Dane was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance...29

-The Rockers are celebrating their victory in the ring. Orient Express and Demolition. run in and attack, beating them down into the mat.

-A video plays recapping Hulk Hogan defeating Earthquake from WWF Superstars.

-In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Rick Martel(69) defeated Jimmy Snuka(64) in 9:38 by pinfall with a handful of tights...73

-Rick Martel is celebrating his victory in the ring. Jake Roberts comes running in from the back. Martel and Roberts brawl before Roberts goes for the DDT. Martel slips free and slides out of the ring. Roberts and Martel stare each other down while Roberts brings out a snake, holding it around his neck as the show comes to an end.

===

Always excited for a 91 angel diary! Count me in :D

Hey Smasher1311! Always great to see you here! Glad that you're coming along for the ride. Thanks for the comment!

uuDEseI.jpg

WWF SUPERSTARS!

Saturday Week 3 January 1991 (Taped Wednsday)

Attendance: 16,812

Overall Rating: 78

TV Rating: .70

-At the announce booth, Vince McMahon and Roddy Piper welcome everyone to WWF Superstars in Chicago, Illinois. Roddy Piper accepts the challenge laid out by Sgt. Slaughter on Wrestling Challenge. Vince McMahon hypes the main event where Randy Savage takes on The Ultimate Warrior in a non title match. Vince McMahon sends us to the ring for a six man tag.

-In an extremely short match, The British Bulldog(58) and The Legion of Doom(Hawk-63, Animal-62) defeated Brooklyn Brawler(35), Boris Zhukov(39) and Al Burke(24) in 5:02 when Hawk pinned Brooklyn Brawler with a Doomsday Device.

Al Burke was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance...42

-In a video, Gene Okerlund hosts the Royal Rumble Event Center. He talks about the upcoming Royal Rumble and sends us to a promo with Mr. Perfect. Mr. Perfect talks about not only winning the Royal Rumble but defending the Intercontinental title on the same night. He issues an open challenge for anyone to face him except Big Bossman. He promises that the night is going to be absolutely perfect.

-In a terrible match, Tugboat(51) defeated Bob Bradley(29) in 3:48 by pinfall with a Running Splash...34

-At a staging area, Brother Love hosts the Brother Love Show. He talks about how being the manager of The Undertaker doesn't give him much time for anything else. So he found the greatest manager to take his place. He introduces Paul Bearer. Bearer says that all opponents who step in the way of The Undertaker will rest in peace.

-In an extremely short match, The Million Dollar Man(80) and Virgil(48) defeated The Bushwhackers(Luke-44, Butch-41) in 3:34 when The Million Dollar Man submitted Bushwhacker Luke with a Million Dollar Dream.

The Million Dollar Man carried the match in terms of in-ring performance...54

-Post-Match, The Million Dollar Man tells Virgil to stuff a hundred dollar bill down the throat of Bushwhacker Luke. Virgil refuses but DiBiase yells at him, forcing the money in Virgil's hand. During the argument, Bushwhacker Butch pulls his partner out of the ring. Seeing this, DiBiase slaps Virgil, forcing him to hold open the ropes so they can leave.

-A music video is shown to promote the return of Ricky Steamboat at the Royal Rumble.

-In an exceptional match, Randy Savage(95) defeated The Ultimate Warrior(78) in 14:15 by pinfall with a Flying Elbow Drop following interference from Sgt. Slaughter...81

-Post-Match, Randy Savage and Sgt. Slaughter assault The Ultimate Warrior. Hulk Hogan comes out and makes the save by taking out both Savage and Slaughter with clotheslines over the top rope. Then, he grabs the WWF Heavyweight title belt. Warrior grabs the other side of the belt and tugs. Both men hold the belt and square off as the show comes to a close.

===

WWF WRESTLING CHALLENGE!

Sunday Week 3 January 1991 (Taped Thursday)

Attendance: 3,293

Overall Rating: 75

-At the announce booth, Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan welcome everyone to WWF Wrestling Challenge. Heenan hypes Mr. Perfect's open challenge for the Royal Rumble. Monsoon hypes the match between Sgt. Slaughter and Greg Valentine and then sends us to the opening bout.

-In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, The Warlord(51) and Power(53) and Glory(49) defeated Jim Powers(42), Koko B. Ware(42) and Sam Houston(31) in 7:21 when Paul Roma pinned Sam Houston with a Power-Plex.

Sam Houston was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance...49

-Sgt. Slaughter had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Greg Valentine.

-In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, The Rockers(Michaels-62, Jannetty-57) defeated Orient Express(Tanaka-51, Kato-42) in 10:23 when Shawn Michaels pinned Kato with a Rocker Dropper...62

-A video plays to recap The Ultimate Warrior versus Randy Savage match from WWF Superstars.

-In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Sgt. Slaughter(76) defeated Greg Valentine(51) in 14:39 by submission with a Camel Clutch...78

-The match is over but Sgt. Slaughter refuses to release the Camel Clutch he has on Greg Valentine. He finally releases when threatened with a disqualification. Slaughter celebrates in the ring as the show comes to an end.

uuDEseI.jpg

WWF SUPERSTARS!

Saturday Week 4 January 1991 (Taped Wednesday)

Attendance: 15,938

Overall Rating: 84

TV Rating: .72

-At the announce booth, Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan welcome everyone to WWF Superstars. Monsoon mentions that Vince McMahon and Roddy Piper are off commentary today. He calls this show a pay-per-view quality show with the matches they have lined up. Heenan talks about the main event where he predicts a new WWF Heavyweight Champion in Roddy Piper. Monsoon sends us to the ring for our opening match.

-In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Roddy Piper(83) defeated Sgt. Slaughter(79) in 15:16 when Sgt. Slaughter got disqualified after going into an attacking rage...88

-In a video, Gene Okerlund hosts the Royal Rumble Event Center. He talks about The British Bulldog being attacked in a parking lot so he won't be at the Royal Rumble. He sends us to a promo with The Legion of Doom. Animal says they have found a new partner in The Texas Tornado. Tornado says he's going to land a Tornado punch on their opponents and send them flying away. Back to Okerlund, who hypes the Royal Rumble match itself. Then, he sends us to a promo with Hulk Hogan. Hogan hypes the Royal Rumble and says he will be the first two time Royal Rumble winner, brother.

-In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Tito Santana(57) defeated Boris Zhukov(37) in 4:20 by pinfall with a Flying Forearm Smash...44

-In a video, Sean Mooney hosts Update. He talks about the situation with the WWF Heavyweight title and then sends us to promos. The Ultimate Warrior hypes the match with Randy Savage and the feud with Sgt. Slaughter. Randy Savage hypes the match with The Ultimate Warrior. Finally, Sgt. Slaughter says it doesn't matter who he faces, he will be bringing the WWF Heavyweight title to the feet of Saddam Hussein.

-Big Bossman cuts a video promo where he hypes his match against a mystery opponent at Royal Rumble. He throws a few insults to The Heenan Family, saying he will bring law and order down on all of them.

-The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing The Hart Foundation vs. DiBiase and Virgil.

-In an exceptional match, The Ultimate Warrior(80) defeated Randy Savage(92) in 12:08 by pinfall with a Running Splash. The Ultimate Warrior makes defence number seventeen of the WWF Heavyweight title...86

-Having picked up the victory, The Ultimate Warrior celebrates in the ring. Out from the back comes Sgt. Slaughter. Warrior lifts Randy Savage and press slams him onto Slaughter. Warrior beats his chest in the ring. The Ultimate Warrior raises the WWF Heavyweight title belt high in the air before the show comes to an end.

===

WWF WRESTLING CHALLENGE!

Sunday Week 4 January 1991 (Taped Thursday)

Attendance: 2,977

Overall Rating: 65

TV Rating:

-At the announce booth, Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan welcome everyone to WWF Wrestling Challenge. Monsoon brings up the Royal Rumble event tonight. Heenan says that Mr. Perfect is going to make it a perfect evening. Monsoon discusses the main event tonight that features Orient Express in a rematch against The Rockers. After a brief exchange, Gorilla Monsoon sends us to the ring.

-In an extremely short match, Dino Bravo(54) and Earthquake(71) defeated The Killer Bees(Blair-53, Brunzell-52) in 4:38 when Earthquake pinned Jim Brunzell with an Earthquake Splash.

Earthquake carried the match in terms of in-ring performance...50

-In a video, Sean Mooney hosts the Royal Rumble Event Center. He talks about the upcoming Royal Rumble match and sends us to interviews with some of the participants. These include Paul Bearer with The Undertaker, Jim Duggan and Earthquake.

-In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Jake Roberts(63) defeated Bob Bradley(30) in 3:31 by pinfall with The DDT...54

-Jake Roberts is celebrating his victory in the ring. Rick Martel runs in and attacks, knocking him to the mat. Martel goes and gets his atomizer and strikes Roberts in the head with it. Rick Martel stands tall in the ring.

-The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing Mr. Perfect take on a mystery opponent at the Royal Rumble.

-In an extremely short match, Haku(60) and The Barbarian(61) defeated The Bushwhackers(Luke-38, Butch-37) in 3:41 when The Barbarian pinned Bushwhacker Luke with a Cresant Kick...31

-A video plays featuring The Million Dollar Man and Virgil. DiBiase hypes their match against The Hart Foundation for the WWF Tag Team titles. DiBiase tells Virgil to follow his lead during the match. He tells Virgil now to go and get him a drink. Virgil hesitates and then walks off. The Million Dollar Man reminds the audience that everybody's got a price for The Million Dollar Man. DiBiase throws his head back and laughs as the segment comes to an end.

-In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, The Rockers(Michaels-60, Jannetty-56) defeated Orient Express(Tanaka-49, Kato-43) in 15:23 when Marty Jannetty pinned Kato with a Rocker-Plex...60

-At the announce booth, Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan hype the upcoming Royal Rumble. Monsoon predicts a victory for America and The Ultimate Warrior. Heenan says that this will be the last time we see Big Bossman. Monsoon reminds everyone to purchase the Royal Rumble before we go off the air.

Slaughter is performing above his level for you! I have never had that much luck with Slaughter in any of my games.

Yeah, Sarge usually tanks his scores due to age and whatnot in my games as well. Did you give him a potion from the fountain of youth? :D

Hey Jaysin! Hey Smasher1311! Looks like I definitely lucked out with Sgt. Slaughter. Could those performances send him to the WWF Heavyweight title? Well, let's just hold on and watch.

FROM THE WRESTLING OBSERVER

-From the pages of The Wrestling Observer, we bring to you a preview of WWF's 1991 Royal Rumble. The main event of the night will be the titular Royal Rumble match. Will this be the first time someone has won twice in a row? Will we see a guy like The Barbarian or Earthquake pick up the win? Or maybe a smaller guy like Bret Hart or Jake Roberts will manage to pick up the victory.

-Also, on this night, we will see The Ultimate Warrior defend the WWF Heavyweight title against the turncoat Sgt. Slaughter. Warrior just recently had to defend that belt against Randy Savage. That could easily make him too tired to defend the title. But American spirit just might prevail against the man who turned on the United States.

-The Intercontinental Champion Mr. Perfect issued an open challenge to face anyone in the WWF. He says he has the ability to defend against anyone no matter how big or small. He plans on making the Intercontinental title the title to hold in this company.

-Make sure you tune in and make the purchase from your local cable company!

WWF Intercontinental Title Match

Mr. Perfect defends vs. ???

Comments:

The Warlord and Power & Glory vs. The Texas Tornado and The Legion Of Doom

Comments:

WWF Heavyweight Title Match

The Ultimate Warrior defends vs. Sgt. Slaughter

Comments:

??? vs. Big Bossman

Comments:

WWF World Tag Team Titles Match

The Hart Foundation defend vs. The Million Dollar Man & Virgil

Comments:

Royal Rumble Match

Dino Bravo vs. Earthquake vs. Haku vs. Hercules vs. Mr. Perfect vs. Paul Roma vs. Randy Savage vs. Rick Martel vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. The Barbarian vs. The Million Dollar Man vs. The Undertaker vs. The Warlord vs. Virgil vs. Big Bossman vs. ??? vs. Bret Hart vs. Greg Valentine vs. Hulk Hogan vs. Jake Roberts vs. Jim Duggan vs. Jim Neidhart vs. Jimmy Snuka vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. Roddy Piper vs. The Texas Tornado vs. Tito Santana vs. Tugboat

Comments:

Mr. Perfect defends vs. ???

Comments: I rarely pick against the mystery man, but Hennig is perfection

The Warlord and Power & Glory vs. The Texas Tornado and The Legion Of Doom

Comments: I'm a huge fan of Warlord, but Kerry Von Erich and LoD are just stars and Warlord and P&G just aren't.

WWF Heavyweight Title Match

The Ultimate Warrior defends vs. Sgt. Slaughter

Comments: Even though Slaughter is doing well, I like when things get shaken up.

??? vs. Big Bossman

Comments: I'm picking against the mystery man twice on the same show, but Bossman is one of my faves and I can't pick against him.

WWF World Tag Team Titles Match

The Hart Foundation defend vs. The Million Dollar Man & Virgil

Comments: Ted is on his last legs and Virgil is well, Virgil

Royal Rumble Match

Dino Bravo vs. Earthquake vs. Haku vs. Hercules vs. Mr. Perfect vs. Paul Roma vs. Randy Savage vs. Rick Martel vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. The Barbarian vs. The Million Dollar Man vs. The Undertaker vs. The Warlord vs. Virgil vs. Big Bossman vs. ??? vs. Bret Hart vs. Greg Valentine vs. Hulk Hogan vs. Jake Roberts vs. Jim Duggan vs. Jim Neidhart vs. Jimmy Snuka vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. Roddy Piper vs. The Texas Tornado vs. Tito Santana vs. Tugboat

Comments: Hogan vs Warrior Mania rematch? I could see Slaughter beating Warrior and Hogan facing Slaughter for the belt obviously, but Hogan is just the biggest star in the match other than Savage. Would be great if Savage won because he and Warrior had some banger matches, but it's just hard picking against the Hulkster

RPKgW1b.jpg

WWF ROYAL RUMBLE!

Sunday Week 4 January 1991

Attendance: 50,000

PPV Buyrate: .50

-Mr. Perfect comes out to the ring and talks about facing a mystery opponent. He says that no one is going to ruin this perfect night for Mr. Perfect, calling out his mystery opponent. A man comes out wearing a dragon mask and cloak. The mask is removed to reveal Ricky Steamboat.

-In a bout that had great wrestling and good heat, Ricky Steamboat(78) defeated Mr. Perfect(82) in 14:38 when Mr. Perfect intentionally got counted out.

-Mr. Perfect is backing up the ramp when Hulk Hogan comes out and grabs him by the hair, dragging him back to the ring. Hogan yells at Perfect and Bobby Heenan from ringside. Bobby Heenan challenges Hogan to step in the ring against Mr. Perfect. Hogan gets permission from Ricky Steamboat and steps in the ring. He is immediately attacked by Mr. Perfect before the bell.

-In a superb match, Hulk Hogan(81) defeated Mr. Perfect(81) in 11:23 by pinfall with a Big Leg Drop. Hulk Hogan wins the WWF Intercontinental title.

-The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing The Warlord, Paul Roma and Hercules take on The Texas Tornado, Animal and Hawk in a three-on-three match.

-In a decent match, The Texas Tornado(68) and The Legion of Doom(Hawk-66, Animal-64) defeated The Warlord(52) and Power(54) and Glory(48) in 7:47 when The Texas Tornado submitted Paul Roma with an Iron Claw.

-In a video, Gene Okerlund is backstage with The Ultimate Warrior. Warrior hypes the match with Sgt. Slaughter. They flip over to Sgt. Slaughter where he hypes the match with The Ultimate Warrior, promising to bring the WWF Heavyweight title to Iraq.

-In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Sgt. Slaughter(78) defeated The Ultimate Warrior(74) in 13:13 by pinfall after interference from Randy Savage. Sgt. Slaughter wins the WWF Heavyweight title.

-Backstage, Randy Savage is interviewed by Sean Mooney. Savage says that he did what he promised to do. That is to take the title away from The Ultimate Warrior one way or another. Now, he is going to focus on the Royal Rumble and becoming the true Macho King.

-Big Bossman comes down to the ring and waits to find out who his mystery opponent is. Bobby Heenan comes out and throws out insults before introducing the mystery opponent. That man is Rick Rude. Rude comes out and tells Bossman that he's going to lose. Bossman says it's time for Rude to serve hard time.

-In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Rick Rude(68) defeated Big Bossman(72) in 6:09 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening.

-Backstage, Gene Okerlund interviews Hulk Hogan. Hogan promises to win the Royal Rumble for the second time in a row. He says that 29 other wrestlers are going to fall, brother.

-In a decent match, The Hart Foundation(Hart-75, Neidhart-53) defeated The Million Dollar Man(74) and Virgil(51) in 10:30 when Bret Hart pinned Virgil with a Hart Attack after The Million Dollar Man wiped out Virgil by accident. The Hart Foundation make defence number thirty-one of the WWF World Tag Team titles.

-A video package for the Royal Rumble plays. This includes promos by The Undertaker, Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts and Rick Martel.

-In a decent match, Hulk Hogan won a Royal Rumble in 65:12. The other members of the 'final four' were Ricky Steamboat, The Barbarian and Roddy Piper, with Ricky Steamboat being the final elimination. The Barbarian got the most eliminations over the course of the match; Ricky Steamboat set the record for surviving the longest. Hulk Hogan wins the WWF Royal Rumble

-Mystery wrestlers included Kevin Von Erich, Bob Backlund, Sid Vicious, Ricky Steamboat and Rick Rude.

-Having picked up the victory, Hulk Hogan celebrates in the ring.

uuDEseI.jpg

WWF SUPERSTARS!

Saturday Week 1 February 1991 (Taped Wednsday)

Attendance: 9,885

Overall Rating: 75

TV Rating: .71

-At the announce booth, Vince McMahon and Roddy Piper welcome everyone to WWF Superstars. Vince McMahon talks about last Sunday's Royal Rumble, letting Piper give his insights into the Royal Rumble itself. Piper tells Virgil that he needs to get free of The Million Dollar Man. Vince McMahon sends us to the ring.

-In an extremely short match, Greg Valentine(53) defeated Bob Bradley(43) in 4:23 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock...37

-From the pages of WWF The Magazine, Lord Alfred Hayes hosts Update. He talks about the Royal Rumble event. He shows highlights that include Hulk Hogan winning the Intercontinental title and the Royal Rumble in one night. Then, he shows the return of Rick Rude before sending us to a promo with Rick Rude and Bobby Heenan. Heenan talks with glee about the win over Big Bossman. Rude says that it was a great night for him but not for Mr. Perfect. So, he has talked it over with The Heenan Family and he challenges The Hart Foundation to a match at WrestleMania VII. He says that his partner will be Mr. Perfect. Rude insults Jim Neidhart's weight before we fade to black.

-In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Jimmy Snuka(51) defeated Brooklyn Brawler(33) in 4:41 by pinfall with a Superfly Splash...43

-At a staging area, Brother Love hosts the Brother Love Show. He welcomes Brother Sgt. Slaughter to the show. Love congratulates Slaughter on winning the WWF Heavyweight title. They show a video of Slaughter winning the belt. Back live, Ricky Steamboat joins the show. He challenges Sgt. Slaughter to a match at WrestleMania VII for the WWF Heavyweight title. Slaughter laughs and accepts the challenge, pushing Steamboat backward. Steamboat fires back with a punch and a chop. Love distracts Steamboat and Slaughter catches him with a Slaughter Cannon. He gets the Camel Clutch on Steamboat until Steamboat passes out. The Brother Love Show ends with Sgt. Slaughter standing over Ricky Steamboat.

-In a terrible match, The Barbarian(62) defeated Al Burke(24) in 4:20 by pinfall with a Kick of Fear...41

-At a staging area, Paul Bearer hosts The Funeral Parlor with his special guest The Undertaker. Bearer talks about the destruction that The Undertaker did at the Royal Rumble. Then, he challenges Jim Duggan to face The Undertaker at Saturday Night's Main Event. The Undertaker finishes by saying that Jim Duggan will rest in peace. The Undertaker rolls his eyes back in his head as the Funeral Parlor ends.

-In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Randy Savage(83) defeated Tito Santana(67) in 15:02 by pinfall with a Flying Elbow Drop...81

-Randy Savage is celebrating his victory in the ring. The Ultimate Warrior runs in and attacks, kicking off a brawl between the two. Officials manage to get the two apart but they stare each other down from opposite sides of the ring.

-In a video, Gene Okerlund hosts the Saturday Night's Main Event Control Center. He announces that we will see Demolition take on The Texas Tornado and Kevin Von Erich at Saturday Night's Main Event. Then, he sends us to a promo by Jake Roberts. Roberts talks about getting his hands on Rick Martel at the Royal Rumble but that he's not done. He challenges Martel to go face to face with him at Saturday Night's Main Event and sign a contract for a match at WrestleMania VII. He says he will hold himself back and not touch Martel until WrestleMania VII. Back to Okerlund, who says that new WWF Intercontinental Champion Hulk Hogan will be in the building next week. With that, he signs off for today.

===

WWF WRESTLING CHALLENGE!

Sunday Week 1 February 1991 (Taped Thursday)

Attendance: 2,000

Overall Rating: 77

-At the announce booth, Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan welcome everyone to WWF Wrestling Challenge. Heenan praises the Heenan Family, specifically Rick Rude making his return and The Barbarian throwing out the most wrestlers in the Royal Rumble. Monsoon reminds Heenan that Mr. Perfect lost the Intercontinental title. Heenan yells back at Monsoon not to mention that ever again. Monsoon sends us to the ring where a member of The Heenan Family is set to wrestle.

-In a decent match, The Barbarian(62) defeated Bob Backlund(67) in 7:37 by pinfall with a Kick of Fear...70

-In a video, Sean Mooney hosts Update. Mooney talks about being past the Royal Rumble and heading toward Saturday Night's Main Event and WrestleMania VII. He discusses tonight's main event where The Genius will face Jake Roberts. He sends us to a promo with The Genius. The Genius hypes his match with Jake Roberts, even reciting a poem that claims he will beat The Snake. We go back to Sean Mooney. Mooney talks about the challenge laid out by The Undertaker on WWF Superstars to Jim Duggan. He sends us to a promo with Jim Duggan. Duggan accepts the challenge, saying that the good ole U S of A will be coming to destroy Death Valley. Ho! Duggan gives a thumbs up before we go back to the ring.

-In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Tugboat(51) defeated Boris Zhukov(39) in 3:58 by pinfall with a Running Splash...40

-Mr. Perfect cuts a video promo where he discusses losing to Hulk Hogan. Perfect says it wasn't a perfect night but today is a new day. He says that he heard that Hulk Hogan will be on WWF Superstars next week. He says that he may just drop in and get his rematch. No matter what he will have the perfect timing for that. He is what he says he is and that's absolutely perfect.

-In an extremely short match, Demolition(Smash-50, Crush-43) defeated The Killer Bees(Blair-55, Brunzell-49) in 4:05 when Smash pinned B. Brian Blair with a Demolition Decapitation...48

-A video is done to introduce Jerry Lawler. Lawler's music plays in the background as he is shown beating wrestlers with his Piledriver. A voiceover says that Jerry Lawler will be coming soon to WWF. Not only that but he will be hosting the King's Court next week on WWF Superstars with a special mystery guest.

-In a decent match, Jake Roberts(71) defeated The Genius(50) in 10:56 by pinfall with The DDT...71

-The match is over and The Genius is left down. Jake Roberts is celebrating, but then stops and sees his opponent still on the ground. He goes to his corner and gets Damian. He places the snake on The Genius. The Genius slowly starts to wake up, sees the snake and his eyes go wide right before he faints.

-Back at the announce booth, Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan discus the upcoming Saturday Night's Main Event. Heenan says that Mr. Perfect will enter that show with the Intercontinental title back around his waist. Monsoon reminds Heenan that Hogan will have to go through to do that. Heenan says he really hates . Monsoon reminds everyone to tune in this Saturday for WWF Superstars and in one week right here for WWF Wrestling Challenge. Monsoon wishes everyone a good night.

uuDEseI.jpg

WWF SUPERSTARS!

Saturday Week 2 February 1991 (Taped Wednsday)

Attendance: 10,000

TV Rating: .70

-At the announce booth, Vince McMahon and Roddy Piper welcome everyone to WWF Superstars. Vince McMahon says that the main event was announced where Hulk Hogan will defend the WWF Intercontinental title against Mr. Perfect. Piper says that it's difficult to beat someone twice. Vince McMahon says that if anyone can do it, it's Hulk Hogan. Then, he sends us to our opening match.

-In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Earthquake(72) and Dino Bravo(54) defeated The Bushwhackers(Luke-40, Butch-38) in 7:34 when Earthquake pinned Bushwhacker Luke with an Earthquake Splash.

In terms of in-ring work, Earthquake was head and shoulders above everyone else...58

-At a staging area, Jerry Lawler introduces himself as the King of Memphis and the King's Court as his Playground. He hypes himself and then introduces his special guest, another King Randy Savage. Lawler and Savage shake hands. Lawler asks Savage about what happened at the Royal Rumble. Savage says that he did what he said he would do. Savage takes the time to issue a challenge for WrestleMania VII against The Ultimate Warrior. Lawler and Savage share their crowns before we go back to the ring.

-In an abysmal match, Sid Vicious(47) defeated Al Burke(25) and Brian Costello(31) in 2:13 when Sid Vicious pinned Al Burke with a Powerbomb.

Sid Vicious carried the match in terms of in-ring performance...23

-From the pages of World Wrestling Federation The Magazine, Gene Okerlund hosts Update. Okerlund talks about the upcoming Saturday Night's Main Event card. Then, he sends us to a promo with The Million Dollar Man and Virgil. DiBiase tells Virgil that he has a special surprise for him. He tells Virgil that this Saturday on Saturday Night's Main Event he will be stepping in the ring with Roddy Piper. He tells Virgil that he can make up for losing at the Royal Rumble by winning this match. Back to Okerlund, he announces another match signed for SNME and that is Mr. Perfect and Rick Rude taking on The Rockers. He sends us to a promo with The Rockers. Shawn Michaels says that he knows they are the underdogs in this match but they're always the underdogs. Marty Jannetty says that they are going to keep on rocking and walk away with a victory. They both pump their fists and we go to the ring.

-In an extremely short match, The Ultimate Warrior(75) defeated Bob Bradley(35) in 4:09 by pinfall with a Running Splash...51

-Sean Mooney hosts the Saturday Night's Main Event Control Center. Mooney runs down the current card for Saturday Night's Main Event. Then, he sends us to a promo with The Texas Tornado and Kevin Von Erich. Tornado begins by saying that it feels good to have his brother with him. Kevin Von Erich says it's great to be here and issues a challenge to Demolition. for Saturday Night's Main Event. Tornado says he can feel an F-5 tornado blowing through SNME. Back to Mooney. He talks about tonight's main event before sending us to a quick promo from Hulk Hogan. Hogan cuts his usual promo on Mr. Perfect. He asks whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild over you. With that, we go to our main event.

-In a superb match, Hulk Hogan(81) defeated Mr. Perfect(80) in 14:42 by pinfall with a Big Leg Drop. Hulk Hogan makes defence number one of the WWF Intercontinental title...78

Hulk Hogan is celebrating his victory in the ring. Rick Rude, Haku and The Barbarian run in and attack, beating Hogan down into the mat. The Barbarian hits the Kick Of Fear on Hogan. Haku hits Hogan with the Asian Spike. The Heenan Family stand over Hulk Hogan as the announcers cry foul.

-From the pages of World Wrestling Federation The Magazine comes Update hosted by Lord Alfred Hayes. Lord Hayes discusses WrestleMania VII coming up next month. He says that the main event has been set as Sgt. Slaughter facing off against Ricky Steamboat. He sends us to a promo by Slaughter. Sgt. Slaughter hypes the fact that he is the WWF Heavyweight Champion. He says that he will be taking that trip to Iraq following WrestleMania. He says that there is no way that Steamboat can beat him. He calls Steamboat a puke and says after WrestleMania he will be dismissed. Back to Lord Hayes, who worries about Slaughter keeping his title. He says that this week on Wrestling Challenge will be Jake Roberts, Rick Martel and more. Make sure to tune in. Lord Hayes sends us off.

===

WWF WRESTLING CHALLENGE!

Sunday Week 2 February 1991 (Taped Thursday)

Attendance: 2,000

Overall Rating: 69

TV Rating: .07

-At the announce booth, Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan welcome everyone to WWF Wrestling Challenge. Monsoon talks about WrestleMania coming up next month. Heenan says that The Heenan Family is going to rule WrestleMania this year. Monsoon says that remains to be seen. With that, he sends us to our opening match.

-In an extremely short match, The Texas Tornado(59) defeated Bob Bradley(35) in 3:55 by pinfall with a Tornado Punch...45

-At a staging area, Paul Bearer hosts The Funeral Parlor. His special guest this evening is wrestling legend Jimmy Snuka. Bearer asks Snuka questions about death and whether he wants to be buried or cremated. Snuka starts to get upset at the questions and grabs Bearer. A vertical coffin opens behind him to reveal The Undertaker. The Undertaker attacks Snuka from behind and puts him in one of the caskets. Paul Bearer reads a eulogy for Jimmy Snuka. It ends with The Undertaker's eyes rolling back in his head.

-In a terrible match, Al Burke defeated The Mountie in 3:38 by pinfall. An injury to The Mountie meant that an audible was called and the finish was changed on the fly...34

-Brother Love hosts the Brother Love Show with special guest Jake Roberts. Love asks Roberts about his feud with The Model. He asks if Roberts is jealous of Rick Martel. Roberts denies the jealousy and reminds everyone that he wants to see Martel in a contract signing at Saturday Night's Main Event. Rick Martel shows up and has Roberts prove his word about not touching Martel. Martel slaps him twice, the second one knocking The Snake down. Roberts comes back up with Damian in hand, stating that he never said anything about Damian. Martel staggers backward and moves away while the camera zooms in on the snake to end this segment.

-In an extremely short match, Jim Duggan(66) defeated Tanaka(50) in 3:59 by pinfall with an Old Glory...52

-From the pages of World Wrestling Federation The Magazine comes Update! This update is hosted by Lord Alfred Hayes. Lord Hayes talks about Saturday Night's Main Event and what a card that is. He discusses the match between Roddy Piper and Virgil. before sending us to a promo by Roddy Piper. Piper says that he doesn't want to face Virgil but he's not going to back down from a fight. He says that he hopes he can show Virgil that he has the strength to break free from The Million Dollar Man. Back to Lord Hayes, who hypes the rest of the card before sending us to our main event.

-In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Power(54) and Glory(50) defeated The Killer Bees(Blair-54, Brunzell-49) in 9:57 when Paul Roma pinned B. Brian Blair with The Power-Plex. An injury to Paul Roma meant that an audible was called and the finish was changed on the fly...55

-Gene Okerlund hosts the WrestleMania Control Center. Okerlund talks about the big card forthcoming, announcing we will see The Ultimate Warrior take on Randy Savage. He sends us to a promo by Randy Savage. Savage tells The Ultimate Warrior that he will always be just a lowly servant to The Macho King. Savage reminds everyone that they are one match apiece and their WrestleMania bout will determine who is at the top without the belt. Savage promises it will be him, dig it! Back to Okerlund, who reminds everyone to purchase WrestleMania at the end of next month before ending the show.

FROM THE WRESTLING OBSERVER

-From the pages of The Wrestling Observer, we bring to you a preview of WWF's Saturday Night's Main Event. The main event of the night will be a tag team encounter where Sgt. Slaughter teams with Randy Savage against The Ultimate Warrior and Ricky Steamboat. Both sides will be looking for momentum toward their respective WrestleMania VII singles matches.

-Also, on this night, we will see Hulk Hogan defend the Intercontinental title against Haku. The Heenan Family are definitely coming after Hulkamania and that continues with this match. It might have been Mr. Perfect had Perfect not been injured during their last encounter.

-Make sure you tune in and make the purchase from your local cable company!

Hulk Hogan defends vs. Haku

Comments:

Demolition vs. The Texas Tornado and Kevin Von Erich

Comments:

The Undertaker vs. Jim Duggan

Comments:

Virgil vs. Roddy Piper

Comments:

Rick Rude vs. Marty Jannetty

Comments:

Sgt. Slaughter and Randy Savage vs. The Ultimate Warrior and Ricky Steamboat

Comments:

Just wondering if anyone is still reading and enjoying this diary. It won't stop me either way from posting. But I do appreciate any comments that anyone has.

Comments: I like Haku, but I don't see Hogan dropping the belt this soon.

Comments: This can go either way, but I got to go with Demolition.

Comments: I don't have much hope for Duggan here.

Virgil vs. Roddy Piper

Comments: Same for Virgil.

Comments: Sorry Jannetty, I see a Rude Awakening in your future.

Comments: This is tricky, but I got to go with the babyfaces.

I am enjoying the shows thus far and can't wait to see what you have in store for Wrestlemania and beyond.

Comments: Hogan winning the IC in WrestleMania 9 fashion is brilliant! Hope he holds it till current day in the red and yellow lol.

Comments:

Comments:

Virgil vs. Roddy Piper

Comments:

Comments: Jannetty def has some mileage for a nice singles run at this point if you decide to go that route with him. Just can't see him winning here.

Comments:

G4sR5rB.jpg

WWF SATURDAY NIGHT'S MAIN EVENT!

Saturday Week 2 February 1991

Attendance: 69,528

Overall Rating: 88

PPV Buyrate: 7.57

-Gorilla Monsoon, Vince McMahon and Lord Alfred Hayes welcome everyone to Saturday Night's Main Event. Monsoon announces that Mr. Perfect got injured so he will not be able to compete tonight or at WrestleMania. Vince McMahon speaks up, letting the viewing audiences know that we will see a singles match between Rick Rude and Marty Jannetty. Lord Hayes says that this was a huge hit to the show. Monsoon sends us to the opening match.

-In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Hulk Hogan(85) defeated Haku(63) in 15:01 by pinfall with a Big Leg Drop. Hulk Hogan makes defence number two of the WWF Intercontinental title...84

-From the pages of World Wrestling Federation The Magazine, Gene Okerlund hosts Update. Okerlund talks about the injury to Mr. Perfect and how he will be out for around three months. With that, he sends us to a promo by The Hart Foundation. Bret Hart says that they would have won against Mr. Perfect and Rick Rude if the match would have happened. Bret Hart says that they will have a match with another team picked by the WWF President. With that, we go to the ring for a tag team bout.

-) In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, The Texas Tornado(67) and Kevin Von Erich(52) defeated Demolition(Smash-52, Crush-46) in 8:26 when The Texas Tornado pinned Crush with a Tornado Punch.

The Texas Tornado carried the match in terms of in-ring performance...58

In the ring, Jack Tunney hosts a contract signing between Jake Roberts and Rick Martel. The two sit on opposite sides of a table and Roberts quickly signs the contract, sliding it to Martel. Martel signs it and then goes around the table about to slap Roberts. Mr. Tunney stops Martel and says it was written in the contract that neither man can touch the other until WrestleMania. If one of them does, they get suspended indefinitely. Rick Martel's eyes go wide and he kicks the table, grabbing his foot in pain. Martel turns and hops out of the ring.

-In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, The Undertaker(70) defeated Jim Duggan(68) in 7:23 by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver...71

-Post-Match, Jimmy Snuka rushes in and attacks The Undertaker. The fight breaks out between the two with Snuka knocking The Undertaker to the mat. Snuka heads to the top turnbuckle and leaps for the Superfly Splash. He is caught by the throat by The Undertaker. Undertaker sits up and stands up, leveling Snuka with the Choke Slam. The Undertaker looks down at Snuka before walking off.

-In an interview area, The Million Dollar Man yells at Virgil. He tells Virgil that he better win tonight against Roddy Piper. DiBiase says that if Virgil doesn't win, he will stop funding Virgil's family. Virgil looks a little tougher when DiBiase mentions his family. Virgil turns and walks out, headed to the ring.

-In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Roddy Piper(85) defeated Virgil(50) in 9:16 by submission with The Sleeper...80

-Post-Match, The Million Dollar Man attacks Roddy Piper. DiBiase looks to shove a one hundred dollar bill down Piper's throat but his arm is grabbed by Virgil. Virgil shoves DiBiase to the mat and grabs the one hundred dollar bill. He holds it up while DiBiase stares at him. Virgil tears up the bill and drops the confetti on DiBiase before exiting the ring and walking to the back on his own.

-Rick Rude comes to the ring and is handed a microphone. Rude begins with 'What I would like to have right now is for all of you fat out-of-shape New England sweathogs to keep the noise down while I take my robe off and show the ladies what a real man is supposed to look like. Hit my music!' Rude slowly removes the robe and does the hip gyration.

-In a decent match, Rick Rude(67) defeated Marty Jannetty(58) in 12:28 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening...72

-Sgt. Slaughter and Randy Savage hype the upcoming match against The Ultimate Puke and Ricky The Maggot Steamboat. We go elsewhere to get a promo from The Ultimate Warrior and Ricky Steamboat. Warrior says that they are going to bring those two down from their lofty heights and destroy the ancient timbers that bind their hearts together. Steamboat gives a little side-eye to that before stating that this will just be a set up for his match against Sgt. Slaughter at WrestleMania.

-In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, The Ultimate Warrior(72) and Ricky Steamboat(79) defeated Sgt. Slaughter(81) and Randy Savage(86) in 15:07 when Sgt. Slaughter was disqualified while fighting Ricky Steamboat...83

-The match is over and Sgt. Slaughter and Randy Savage beat down The Ultimate Warrior and Ricky Steamboat. Slaughter places a USA flag over top of Steamboat. Randy Savage hits The Ultimate Warrior with a top rope flying elbow drop. Slaughter and Savage stand up and raise their arms as the show comes to a close.

Clean sweep, baby! :D

Great job! Seems like you have me down, at least so far.

===

uuDEseI.jpg

WWF SUPERSTARS!

Saturday Week 3 February 1991 (Taped Wednesday)

Attendance: 11,550

Overall Rating: 83

TV Rating: .72

-At the announce booth, Vince McMahon and Roddy Piper welcome everyone to WWF Superstars. Vince McMahon says that we are on the road to WrestleMania. Vince McMahon talks about the situation with the WWF World Tag Team titles. He says that, next week, we are going to find out who is going to face The Hart Foundation. Roddy Piper speaks up and talks about Saturday Night's Main Event where Virgil stood up for himself. He says that, next week, he is going to have Virgil on Piper's Pit. But, back to this week, Vince McMahon sends us to the ring.

-In a poor match, The Legion of Doom(Hawk-68, Animal-63) defeated Barry Hardy(25) and Bob Bradley(36) in 6:10 when Hawk pinned Barry Hardy with a Doomsday Device.

Barry Hardy was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance...56

-A locker room interview is set with Gene Okerlund interviewing Ricky Steamboat. Steamboat talks about his history with Randy Savage. He says he is looking forward to the match tonight. But he is moreso looking forward to unseating Sgt. Slaughter at WrestleMania. He says he is going to take the title from that traitor and bring it back to America for all the veterans that served in the military.

-In a decent match, The Barbarian(65) defeated Tito Santana(66) in 5:51 by pinfall with a Kick of Fear...73

-At a staging area, Jerry Lawler hosts The King's Court. He makes fun of Ricky Steamboat before introducing his guest, the WWF debut of Wahoo McDaniel. Lawler spends most of the segment making fun of McDaniel's age and Native Americans. McDaniel gets angry and hits Lawler with a chop, knocking Lawler to the ground. The segment ends with McDaniel looking down on Lawler.

-In an abysmal match, Jimmy Snuka(58) defeated Barry Horowitz(19) in 4:26 by pinfall with a Superfly Splash...44

-Having picked up the victory, Jimmy Snuka celebrates in the ring. A man dressed in all black delivers a black wreath to ringside. Jimmy Snuka's name is written across the sash. Snuka looks at the wreath and shivers a bit, pushing it over to the ground before walking off.

-In a superb match, Randy Savage(86) defeated Ricky Steamboat(79) in 14:31 by pinfall with a Flying Elbow Drop following interference from Sgt. Slaughter...88

-Post-Match, Sgt. Slaughter assaults Ricky Steamboat. Slaughter locks Steamboat in the Camel Clutch as the crowd boos and begins a 'USA' chant. Steamboat manages to stand up and drops backward pinning Slaughter on the mat. Steamboat is the first to his feet and he starts a brawl with Slaughter before sending Slaughter over the top rope with a clothesline. Ricky Steamboat stands tall in the ring to close the show.

===

WWF WRESTLING CHALLENGE!

Sunday Week 3 February 1991 (Taped Thursday)

Attendance: 2,576

Overall Rating: 71

TV Rating: .07

-At the announce booth, Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan welcome everyone to WWF Wrestling Challenge. They talk about last Saturday night's Saturday Night's Main Event show. Heenan brags about Rick Rude's victory. Monsoon hypes our main event that will see Demolition. face The Legion of Doom. Then, Monsoon sends us to the ring for our opening bout.

-In a bout that had terrible wrestling and non-existent crowd heat, Jerry Lawler(58) defeated Tom Stone(22) in 4:01 by pinfall with a Diving Fist Drop...36

-In a video, Sean Mooney hosts the WrestleMania Control Center. He hypes the upcoming WrestleMania card and tells everyone to make sure they purchase WrestleMania VII. With that said, he talks about a brand new match signed for WrestleMania. It will be a twenty man battle royal where the winner earns a future Intercontinental title match. He sends us to a promo by one of the wrestlers involved. That man is Tugboat. Tugboat says that he's going to see nineteen other boats get wrecked and tossed over the top rope until there is one boat left and that is Tugboat. He makes the tugboat air horn sound before we go to the ring.

-In a terrible match, Tito Santana(61) defeated Barry Horowitz(21) in 3:52 by pinfall with a Flying Forearm Smash...49

-In a video, Gene Okerlund hosts Update. He talks about the fallout from Saturday Night's Main Event. He talks about The Million Dollar Man and Virgil falling out. But DiBiase is going to be facing Tito Santana this Saturday. He sends us to a promo by DiBiase. The Million Dollar Man says that Virgil made a big mistake because his family won't see another dime. DiBiase then talks about his match with Tito Santana. He reminds him that everybody's got a price for The Million Dollar Man.

-In an extremely short match, Greg Valentine(51) defeated Mike Sharpe(44) in 3:39 by pinfall with a Piledriver...38

-In a promo, Rick Rude talks about The Heenan Family and their troubles with Hulk Hogan. Rude challenges Hogan to meet him face to face next Saturday on WWF Superstars. He promises just to talk.

-In a decent match, The Legion of Doom(Hawk-65, Animal-63) defeated Demolition(Smash-52, Crush-47) in 9:42 when Hawk pinned Crush with a Doomsday Device...66

-A video plays recapping Ricky Steamboat and The Ultimate Warrior defeating Sgt. Slaughter and Randy Savage from WWF Saturday Night's Main Event.