Cverse TV Channels

So im thinking of finally beginning to redesign some of the Cverse TV channel logos and was wondering if people could help with input on which channels have direct / indirect real life counterparts (if we ignore the current logos).

With the US stuff my rough notes:

CBA = CBS?

ACE = ABC/NBC?

CANN = ??

Arcadia = Nickelodeon?

Pop Network = Cartoon Network?

America Sports 1 = USA Network?

GNN Sports = ??

USA Sports 1 = ESPN?

Public Access Select = ?

NCTV = SyFy

Netstream = Netflix/AmazonPrime

Reverie = AmazonPrime/Netflix

Any and all help with any thoughts on channels/media companies etc globally would be appreciated

So im thinking of finally beginning to redesign some of the Cverse TV channel logos and was wondering if people could help with input on which channels have direct / indirect real life counterparts (if we ignore the current logos).

With the US stuff my rough notes:

CBA = CBS?

ACE = ABC/NBC?

CANN = ??

Arcadia = Nickelodeon?

Pop Network = Cartoon Network?

America Sports 1 = USA Network?

GNN Sports = ??

USA Sports 1 = ESPN?

Public Access Select = ?

NCTV = SyFy

Netstream = Netflix/AmazonPrime

Reverie = AmazonPrime/Netflix

Any and all help with any thoughts on channels/media companies etc globally would be appreciated

For the UK:

UK Broadcasting Prime - BBC 1

UK Broadcasting Secondary - BBC 2

UK Broadcasting Digital - BBC 3

GBTV - ITV

GBTV Sport - One of ITV 2, ITV 3 or ITV 4, whichever shows sports (AFAIK none are a dedicated sports broadcaster)

Channel Six - Channel 5

That's all I can remember as I'm not actually at my computer at the moment.

To be fair for a long while BBC 3 and the iPlayer were one and the same, its only recently been broadcasting on TV again (in fact I don't even know if it has resumed on TV yet, I just remember hearing the announcement). You are right about it being easier to tell now though.

I might be wrong with these, but I think that Euro Cable Sports 1 and 4 are possibly Eurosport 1 & 2? Also this one is a real shot in the dark, but European Sports Network looks similar to the FreeSports logo, but FreeSports only airs in the UK and not Europe so I might be mistaken.

Not that similar logo wise but I see CommPlanet as akin to (Amazon) Prime Video.

I might be wrong with these, but I think that Euro Cable Sports 1 and 4 are possibly Eurosport 1 & 2? Also this one is a real shot in the dark, but European Sports Network looks similar to the FreeSports logo, but FreeSports only airs in the UK and not Europe so I might be mistaken.

Not that similar logo wise but I see CommPlanet as akin to (Amazon) Prime Video.

To clarify i did those logos a loong while back which is why i say dont try to figure it out from the design - however yeah, Euro Cable Sports is def Eurosport.

ESN's design was based on Setanta Sports (dont think FreeSports existed then) but that was very much a wild shot in the dark at the time, didnt realy fit then, and they're now defunct globally anyway.

Before their biography update in 2020, I always thought of The Pop! Network as Spike TV since they were high on pro wrestling and their risk levels but now that they're basically Nickelodeon I kind of want a Viacom knock-off media group.

To clarify i did those logos a loong while back which is why i say dont try to figure it out from the design - however yeah, Euro Cable Sports is def Eurosport.

ESN's design was based on Setanta Sports (dont think FreeSports existed then) but that was very much a wild shot in the dark at the time, didnt realy fit then, and they're now defunct globally anyway.

Oh wow yeah it's definitely closer to Setanta Sports - I had to search for sports broadcasters because I recognised the similarity but couldn't remember the company. When I saw the FreeSports logo I presumed it was them.

As for the not comparing the logos, I'm so sorry I completely missed that part first time round, my bad!

As for the replacement to Setanta logo, I would suggest Premier Sports or FreeSports since they were launched by the same part owner as Setanta.

As for the replacement to Setanta logo, I would suggest Premier Sports or FreeSports since they were launched by the same part owner as Setanta.

Ah sorry miscommunication, Setanta was never a good fit for ESN since they're meant to be a Big european network primarily and only Small UK secondarily. Dont think Premier Sports of Freesports run in Europe in that way?

The closest i can figure is Eleven Sports?

Ah sorry miscommunication, Setanta was never a good fit for ESN since they're meant to be a Big european network primarily and only Small UK secondarily. Dont think Premier Sports of Freesports run in Europe in that way?

The closest i can figure is Eleven Sports?

Eleven Sports could be a feasible choice, although honestly I have no idea

My thoughts on comps are:

GNN Total Sports = ESPN

Sports America = Fox Sports or Bally Sports

USA Sports 1 = Fox Sports

CBA = ABC or NBC or Fox

ACE = ABC or NBC or Fox

CANN = USA Network

Canal Uno = Telemundo

pop! = nickelodeon or cartoon network or disney

arcadia = nickelodeon or cartoon network or disney

UKB = BBC

European Sports = beIN Sports

Euro Cable Sports = beIN Sports

Continental Sports X1 = Canal+ Sport

J-Network = NHK General or TV Asahi

J-Network East 2 = NHK Educational or TV Asahi

Japanese Sports = NHK Sport

From a game perspective it would be Southern Mediterranean, Iberia, and Western EU. IRL they are in Spain, France, Turkey, Saudi, North Africa, south Asia and the middle east.

To be honest I don't know of any network that truly covers all of Europe. I think maybe Canal+ is the closest as you can get them in Scandinavia, Germany, Poland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, France (home country), and the UK through Sky.

EU broadcasters should really be broken down by game region/country and there really shouldn't be a single broadcaster that serves countries as different as Russia, France, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, etc as that's a bit unrealistic imo.

I get from a simplicity standpoint why it's set up this way though.