(1993) Dawn Of MMA FULL Revamped

Hi!
I started modding dawn of mma revamped less than a year ago and now I decided to create a separate topic for it.
The mod I am currently releasing is Dawn of MMA FULL Revamped. 
I made a lot of changes for the database, the most important ones are:
-) adding a large number of characters, 95% of them are fighters
-) I added 300 injuries that can occur for fighters
-) added a couple of organizations, along with the addition of almost every fighter who fought in an organization added by me
-) I changed the settings for the regions so that everyone is unregulated at first. This mimics the reality, where no region was regulated at first. Over time in the game, this will update and change to regulated, just like in reality.
-) I changed the settings for the eras, time periods that occur in the game, in terms of how organizations hire players
-) I added event names, a couple of referees, more than 20 narratives, and relationships between players
-) I added photos for all added players, without exception, and tried to find photos for those characters that did not have these photos
Considering the numbers for the most important aspects of the mod:
characters from 6968---> 10001
companies from 53--->66
injuries from 119-->419

As for the best settings to play it, these are:
Regeneration - OFF.
Training Effectiveness - Very Slow
Organic Biographies - Enabled
Generated Fighers - Disabled
New Companies and New Teams - Disabled
AI Hiring Aggression - Depends on how you want to set the difficulty 
Small and Large Local Shows - somewhere up to 1998-1999 I recommend having this on off, and activating them after that time period.
Recuperation Lenghts - More Severe

All other settings can be set as you want for yourself, these are the most important ones to make everything work. 

If you find any errors, please let me know! I hope everything is understandable, as English is not my primary language.

Link for Pictures: https://www.mediafire.com/file/x5dgqakpaycygjc/Pictures+for+Dawn+of+MMA+FULL+Revamped.rar/file

if the pictures or database file does not appear visible in the game, shorten it because the current name may be too long and it will display correctly after the change

Good luck in playing and enjoy!

EDIT: I fixed the correct hiring of fighters, I recommend downloading again

DawnofMMAFULL Revamped.rar

Edited by feltzz
  • Like 3

Have you actually tested it? It doesn't work, at all.

You have all pics of fighters saved with characters like "ó", "í", "é" etc - it causes an error whenever you come across a fighters profile due to this.

I'm not sure if there's a resolution other than changing all those picture files names to the basic characters, - "o", "i", "e" etc.

Yes, I tested and on my version of the game everything works fine, no problem with pics with characters that have letters: ,, "ó", "í", "é", whether in the editor or already playing. Idk what is causing this, possibly the language set in the system on the computer.

4 hours ago, feltzz said:

Yes, I tested and on my version of the game everything works fine, no problem with pics with characters that have letters: ,, "ó", "í", "é", whether in the editor or already playing. Idk what is causing this, possibly the language set in the system on the computer.

I think it may may due to language settings depending on region - not sure how to resolve it though.

Okay, found a fix.

Search "Region settings" on Windows. -> Open it and within there click "Language" on the left pane. -> Click "Administrative language settings" on the right pane -> Within that dialog box that opens, click "Change system locale" -> It'll open another dialog box - within there tick the box that says "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support."

Should work after doing the above.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, dave1927p said:

no critical errors found in the datebase, however when the game world is being created it does indicate: "An unexpected error has occurred ('Not a valid bookmark'), the game must be closed"

any idea why this is happening?

It means the database is corrupt. You'd need to download a correct version. (This is covered in the tech support FAQ for reference.)

• 2 months later...
On 9/4/2022 at 8:18 PM, Xience said:

Okay, found a fix.

Search "Region settings" on Windows. -> Open it and within there click "Language" on the left pane. -> Click "Administrative language settings" on the right pane -> Within that dialog box that opens, click "Change system locale" -> It'll open another dialog box - within there tick the box that says "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support."

Should work after doing the above.

Just tried this, been playing without pics for a while, hopefully this works, fingers crossed! Thank you, regardless.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

little update on my dynasty im doing. Barnett for sure is the best fighter in the game. Such a crazy game im having this time around, literally nothing compares to this save lol... 

on a side note I was looking at dom cruz, and he has like  3-0 in a row with split decisions lmao....

1.png

2.png

Edited by Munit
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

have the pic pack so im confused why my game keeps crashing.. feb 16 and it crashed on light heavyweight lukasz borowski. ive noticed it doing it a ton of times for different polish figthters in different divsions. am i missing some pictures or something you could link? did the shortening thing as well. every picture shows up for everyone minus these random polish fighters in different divisons

Edited by Munit
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

game start to become unplayable around 2015-2016. Its really by chance, but if you dont click on certain fighters it wont crash lol. Tons of fighters apparently are missing their pictures which causes this crash when you click on it. I redownloaded the game on my laptop and started from the beginning with the same issues, fresh install of everything. you could technically still play, however if the game sims and it pulls up a random persons profile that falls into this category, it crashes everytime. It starts to have way more often as you get later in the 2016ish year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Munit said:

game start to become unplayable around 2015-2016. Its really by chance, but if you dont click on certain fighters it wont crash lol. Tons of fighters apparently are missing their pictures which causes this crash when you click on it. I redownloaded the game on my laptop and started from the beginning with the same issues, fresh install of everything. you could technically still play, however if the game sims and it pulls up a random persons profile that falls into this category, it crashes everytime. It starts to have way more often as you get later in the 2016ish year

delete the pics then? Download another facepack?

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 3:57 PM, ChadMiniMendes said:

delete the pics then? Download another facepack?

I dont believe thats not how it works. If the pre database fighter is missing a picture the game crashes. Theres no other face pack out there that can solve this issue. Ive tested with all the ones on the forums and even combined a few. I did a little test going through each weight class one by one and it seems like 10-15 ppl per weight class crash the game. The only resolution to this is to go through each of the fighters (over 10k), and see whose missing a picture.. to replace it with the real photo or a temp one to make sure the game doesnt crash. Or just use the cverse picpack and it seems to work with that, just you can't have any pictures.   Just a heads up to everyone that plays the mod tho.

EDIT: Looks like its  runtime error 3021

Edited by Munit
  • Like 1

Wow can't believe I found a fix. Shoutout to "SMGaming" on reddit for posting this 

1. Type “Language Settings" in your windows search bar (bottom left).

2. ll open - in the right side of that window, under 'Related Settings' there will be a clickable option called 'Administrative Language Settings'

3. After clicking 'Administrative Language Settings', click 'Change System Locale' under 'Language for non-Unicode programs' and pick the language you think the fighter's name is from (i.e. if it's "jo?e" it's most likely Spanish).

4. The computer will want to restart itself, so approve this and after restarting the game would work.

Just a heads up, I changed it to "czech" and the game doesnt crash anymore

Edited by Munit
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi guys! First of all, forgive the complete silence in the thread for such a long time, but I was completely cut off from the world.
As for the mod itself - thank you very much for your advice, kind words, pointing out mistakes, without this the mod has no right to be better!
Setting the system language to Czech - interestingly that it helps, I think the Polish language should also work, the problem is precisely due to the letters like ł and something like that used in the pictures or in the names of the players, I myself am Polish and hence for me there is no such problem, because the system language itself I have such by default.

In terms of settings with marketability and menace - I noticed that this is a matter of previous databases on which it is based, but this will also be collectively corrected for players, of course.

I am currently working on a new version of the mod, which I think may already be such a total final version. The number of players to be added, organizations, teams and all the other details I hope will give much more imersion and fun. A long way to go before the end, but I think, as always - it's worth the wait. 

For my part, I apologize for all the errors that are in the mod, I will try to remove as many of them as possible. Greetings!

On 8/26/2023 at 1:05 AM, feltzz said:

Hi guys! First of all, forgive the complete silence in the thread for such a long time, but I was completely cut off from the world.
As for the mod itself - thank you very much for your advice, kind words, pointing out mistakes, without this the mod has no right to be better!
Setting the system language to Czech - interestingly that it helps, I think the Polish language should also work, the problem is precisely due to the letters like ł and something like that used in the pictures or in the names of the players, I myself am Polish and hence for me there is no such problem, because the system language itself I have such by default.

In terms of settings with marketability and menace - I noticed that this is a matter of previous databases on which it is based, but this will also be collectively corrected for players, of course.

I am currently working on a new version of the mod, which I think may already be such a total final version. The number of players to be added, organizations, teams and all the other details I hope will give much more imersion and fun. A long way to go before the end, but I think, as always - it's worth the wait. 

For my part, I apologize for all the errors that are in the mod, I will try to remove as many of them as possible. Greetings!

If you look through my starting threads history you'll find a thread I made in the support for this mod. Idk if it can be helped or whatver but something in the narratives cause this game to crash like 15+ down the line every single time, and ive tested this on a few saves.  Adam explained it to me in the thread I asked help about. Not sure how to correct this other than just deleting all narratives, and get rid of the open weight class so you dont have people in the UFC/pancrase fighting out of their weight class indefinably. 

Edited by Munit
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 11:10 AM, dalai2 said:

I'm having trouble with getting the pictures to appear. I've changed the system language to polish and czech, I did the Administrative Language thing. Pictures are in the folders. Not sure what to do.

Hi, try possibly changing the length of the folder name from pictures, if it is too long, then it does not appear to select that folder.