[v1.5 Update] The OVER9000verse Revived

11 minutes ago, RichyD1992 said:

Hey, Great to see an update. 

Do you have a discord for this? 

Also, some potential ideas? 

Power Rangers; 
Shenmue, 
Digimon?

I don't have a Discord, I don't really use it enough to warrant having my own server.

As for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind.

3 hours ago, RichyD1992 said:

No problem. I love the idea of this mod getting an update, 

Just thinking Power Rangers because there would be so many. Shenmue has that cult following. 

Newer Fighting game characters?

As a big fighting-game fan, it's safe to expect me to keep adding onto the database with characters and other things from that genre - which means yes, expect newer characters to be added in over time.

14 hours ago, Taylor2020 said:

As a big fighting-game fan, it's safe to expect me to keep adding onto the database with characters and other things from that genre - which means yes, expect newer characters to be added in over time.

I did see lots of KOF and VF being added, so that is great, 

On 1/6/2023 at 2:59 AM, TOTKingNothing said:

I have also been privately working on lots of updates to the Over9000verse since 2010, and like you I updated to January 2010 as the start date.

Most majorly, I split Marvel and DC into two separate companies, built Final Fantasy 7 as it's own independent show in canada, updated many DBZ and DBSuper characters, and build the entire World of Warcraft franchise in as a major top 5 in the world company. As well as many odds and ends characters I added along with pictures for them. I don't know if you're interested in any of that for this but I'd be willing to offer it in.

Is yours up anywhere? 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RichyD1992 said:

Hey man, any idea how long it usually takes between updates? 

Also I thought of Streets of Rage too, you can get a lot of characters from that. 

Just don't want to get too into a new update and then a newer one comes out aha

The gap between the past couple updates was a little over two months, but I'm probably gonna take a little longer since I don't really have any hobbies that are bigger priorities over others. Depends on whether or not the next update will be 1.4 with more fixes and some additions, or if I'll just jump up to 2.0 with some more substantial changes.

As for Streets of Rage characters - yeah I see myself adding some characters from there sooner or later.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2023 at 2:22 PM, Taylor2020 said:

The gap between the past couple updates was a little over two months, but I'm probably gonna take a little longer since I don't really have any hobbies that are bigger priorities over others. Depends on whether or not the next update will be 1.4 with more fixes and some additions, or if I'll just jump up to 2.0 with some more substantial changes.

As for Streets of Rage characters - yeah I see myself adding some characters from there sooner or later.

Hey man, 

Just wanted to check in and see how its all going :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

May checkup

All the big big updates I wanted to do for 1.4 were done (namely just evening out the worker list to a hefty 3800), so the update I imagine I'll upload at some point this month, for now I'm just doing some little touches to event schedules, broadcasting deals, some more attribute checkups, plus I figured out that accented letters can help with dealing with characters that share a name, so I no longer have to worry about 'of ___' subtitles on certain characters.

Again, I'm very open for help on:

• Creating new title pictures for each unique promotion
  • Ideas for event names
  • Filling out title lineages
  • Attributes on workers that I haven't yet touched up
  • Misc. stuff

I don't know how guys like Fleisch and Questlove do it - then again, neither of those guys are working on updating a database that's a decade behind on a lot of stuff.

Wish me luck for the future of this database. Hopefully I eventually find time to do an actual playthrough with it.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Chikbot said:

Is there specific companies you're looking for event names for? Or are you just looking in general?

I'm in no rush to get new ideas, I've already filled out a few event schedules.

It's mainly the companies that don't really have a gimmick to them and/or are mostly original characters that I have no clue on the lore of, like CcW and MaxAlt.

Edited by Taylor2020
Accidentally posted too early

VERSION 1.4 AVAILABLE

Figured I've done more than enough for now, especially since it's been a long while since the last update was made available.

DATA
PICTURES

Outdated version - refer to first post for an updated version

FIXING ODD THINGS

• Xiahou Yuan was Japanese instead of Chinese for some reason
  • Chris (the KoF one) was not active in Europe despite residing within it
  • Felt like Lien Neville deserved a bit of actual menace given her profession
  • Properly deduped several shared-name characters to remove parenthesis/other slightly distracting subtitles and mend my OCD, using accented letters that are compatible with this game's programming (meaning I managed to figure out how to have Black Lagoon's Hänsel and Gretël go on without their 'of Romania' subtitles)
  • Juri Han now resides in Japan's Kanto region (she was in the US South West for some reason, I dunno why I set her there)
  • Continued filling in rosters to reduce the amount of hirings you'll see at the start of a save (FnQ for the love of god please don't go ham)
  • Continued adjusting active areas/area popularity of workers and personalities
  • Trimmed down the Gimmick Ideas list to remove what are basically duplicates due to how they changed gimmicks going from earlier games to TEW2020
  • Changed RCW's main broadcaster deal now that I discovered there's a broadcaster directly owned by RCW
  • Some events had their names or other details changed
  • Soul Eater Combat's product changed to something slightly more befitting the 'fast-paced hardcore' concept described in the company's description

FRESH ADDITIONS

• More training facitiy graduations incorporated
  • Continued addition of free-pictures into the in-game database
  • 200+ new pictures in the pictures folder, consisting of some new characters currently in the worker list, a few more alternate/ager pictures for those who have been in the database for a while (some already implemented), and plenty for characters that might show up in future updates
  • More tag teams added, mainly based on relationships from source material (mostly KoF stuff unsurprisingly) - also mostly 'individual' teams with low experience for you to build up if you want to
  • More events incorporated (TOUHOU in particular became a subject of me experimenting with the ability to have the event schedule evolve over time)
  • More for the title lineages (including a couple new titles for some promotions)
  • Slightly more title pictures incorporated (could use some help putting together proper title belts)

NEW CHARACTERS (total count is now 3800 workers):
Killer Instinct: Jago, Black Orchid, Fulgore, Cinder, Baron Konrad von Sabrewulf, Chief Thunder, Spinal,
King of Fighters: Krizalid, Krohnen McDougall, Gang-il, Mui Mui, Love Heart, Alice Garnet Nakata, Xanadu, Zarina, Bandeiras Hattori, Nelson
Fatal Fury/Garou: Freeman, Hwa Jai
Samurai Shodown: Kazuki Kazama, Sogetsu Kazama, Shizumaru Hisame, Galford D. Weiler, Hanzo Hattori, Cham Cham, Tam Tam, Charlotte Christine de Colde
BlazBlue: Yuuki Terumi, Amane Nishiki, Celica A. Mercury, Ex Machina: Minerva, Linhua, Naoto Kurogane
Street Fighter: Laura Matsuda, F.A.N.G, Necalli, Rashid, G
Dynasty Warriors: Sun Ce, Sun Quan, Dian Wei
Samurai Warriors: Mitsuhide Akechi, Ranmaru Mori, Tadakatsu Honda
Tekken: Michelle Chang, Claudio Serafino, Lucky Chloe, Leroy Smith, Kazumi Mishima, Josie Rizal, Katarina Alves, Shaheen
RWBY: Neo Politan

Edited by Taylor2020
  • Like 4

• Taylor2020 changed the title to [v1.4 Update] The OVER9000verse Revived

This is amazing, a huge amount of props for you. My suggestions for next update would be to round out a Mortal Kombat company, and more Danganronpa wouldn't be bad either :) I'm gonna fill those out myself for a personal game, I'd be very much open to helping with whatever you need before the next update. Again, thank you so much for the data.

Very nice, glad to get an update!

I've had this nagging question in my mind, but I've tried to look up some of the names in SICK before and they come up with nothing. They're not listed as OCs like all of the original characters are. So I'm just super curious what the source material is.

24 minutes ago, Chikbot said:

Very nice, glad to get an update!

I've had this nagging question in my mind, but I've tried to look up some of the names in SICK before and they come up with nothing. They're not listed as OCs like all of the original characters are. So I'm just super curious what the source material is.

ngl I feel like eventually I'm just gonna phase out most if not all the companies dominated by OCs and other unknown characters, especially if I evolve the mod from being the 9000verse to something of a whole 'nother beast. Considering most if not all of us have no clue how they came to be or how they were meant to evolve, since Crayon, the OG creator of the mod, has long since disappeared, there's no real way to deal with them outside of just figuring things out.

I won't delete them outright, though.

Edited by Taylor2020

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...