Dial M For Marvel

PHughes84

Dial M For Marvel

I'm working on a Marvel database called Dial M For Marvel. The goal is to eventually have every significant character from the comics in it. 🙂 Current version: 3.0.

I have tried to keep the stats and powers as close to the default data as possible as that way it should work with the engine better.

Current Stats

Characters: 403

Factions: 29

Artifacts: 10

Storylines / Reactive Events: 106

Relationships: 770

To Install

Download the database zip file from the bottom of this post. Inside is a folder called DialMForMarvel which you put in the Databases folder where you installed CBU.

Then download the pictures zip file. Inside is a folder called DialMForMarvel. Put this in your Pictures folder.

Open the game and pick DialMForMarvel from the database list.

DialMForMarvel_Database.zip DialMForMarvel_Pictures.zip

Edited by PHughes84
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

15 hours ago, MidKnightDreary said:

Do you want any help?

Thanks for offering 😁

If your good with gfx then that would be helpful as finding the right pics and getting them to the correct size is taking a lot of time.

I am not currently looking for help with the data tho as I plan to do all the characters myself so that the numbers and powers are all consistent.

• PHughes84 changed the title to Dial M For Marvel

Hey guys. 1st post has been updated with new files. Its a BIG update as it now takes us past 100 characters 🥳 hopefully people like it as it adds in a lot of popular X-men and there enemies. There are also now a handful of storylines so the mod is starting to become properly playable. enjoy!

Edited by PHughes84
  • Thanks 2

The 1st post has been updated with new files. Its another big update as theres now more than 150 characters (new people include Thanos and the Black Order, the Kree empire, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Punisher) and theres also artifacts (the infinity gems) and several comic book storylines (including Superior Spider-Man and Dark Reign). I think theres now enough content that its propely playable at last 😄

The next update will be a focus on building up Asgard!!

Just downloaded and had a look around. Did you mean for all of your Storylines to only happen once? It seems like some of them ought to be open to happening over and over.

Also, bless your sweet heart for doing this. I can see how much work you've put in and how much you've got left to go. The X-Men update will be beefy indeed. :D

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 9:24 PM, Eternal Phoenix said:

Just downloaded and had a look around. Did you mean for all of your Storylines to only happen once? It seems like some of them ought to be open to happening over and over.

Yes its meant to be one storyline per game so that they feel special.

• Like 1

• PHughes84 changed the title to Dial M For Marvel

Checking out the data, love the progress, I look forward to more X-Men and Asgard stories and characters and more artifacts. I was wondering though the purpose of the two Jane Foster Thors and was wondering if there was any particular reason for Mjolnir, Jarnbjorn, and Stormbreaker to not be artifacts owned by Thor, Odinson, and Beta Ray Bill?

What brings that up to me is, depending on how deep you want to go, in the future of King Thor, his granddaughters each respectively hold one of them and you could make it so that Jane Foster gains Mjolnir when she becomes Thor. Expanding on the Asgard side of things you could even add Thor's Belt of Strength, Megingjord and the Suit and Weapon Ultimate Thor had, Odin's spear Gungnir, All-Black the Necrosword (which could also expand the Spider-Man side with Knull), and the Naglfar Beacon from Asgardians of the Galaxy, which summoned undead warriors, you could even add Storm's Asgardian Hammer, Stormbringer/Stormcaster and the Hammers of The Worthy.

Edited by YBDynamo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, YBDynamo said:

Checking out the data, love the progress, I look forward to more X-Men and Asgard stories and characters and more artifacts. I was wondering though the purpose of the two Jane Foster Thors and was wondering if there was any particular reason for Mjolnir, Jarnbjorn, and Stormbreaker to not be artifacts owned by Thor, Odinson, and Beta Ray Bill?

Theres 2 Jane Fosters as there can only be 1 person called Thor active so when Odinson turns back into Thor she needs to turn into "Jane Foster Thor" instead.

Mjolnir, Jarnbjorn and Stormbreaker arent artifacts because if they were then the holder would lose access to them any time they lost in combat.

• Thanks 1

Version 1.9 is now out in the 1st post. It will probably be the last update this year as ive got a busy xmas planned. We're now up to more than 225 characters!! 😲

New things include lots of new characters, a fun SHIELD faction, and several storylines from comics like Superior Spider-Man, the Hank Pym story, and the age of Ultron. Ive also put in a lot more duo attacks and 'anti-swarm' powers to try and add to the strategy.

22 minutes ago, Vader628 said:

Very excited to try this out but it shows to me that the 1.9 files are not downloadeable.  Is this a "me" thing or can they be re-posted? 

Think its probably a issue at your end as the download counter shows that other people have downloaded them without problem. Maybe try a differnt browser?

3 minutes ago, Vader628 said:

That did it, thanks for the quick and helpful response.  Looks great, and excited to give it a drive.  Thanks for all of your hard work on this.

Just to jump in, what browser were you using that didn't work? It'd be useful to know in case other customers have future issues with downloading content that is attached directly to a post rather than uploaded to a site like Mediafire.

• Like 1

I was using Edge and I THOUGHT I was logged in.  But Edge remembers my name and password so I may have asssumed I was logged in but perhaps I wasn't.  So it could have been just that.

When I switched to Chrome, it made me log-in and that's when the "undownloadable" message that was appearing in the first link below went away, and then I could click on it and download.  So ultimately not sure if it was the browser or the log-in.  For what it's worth, I much prefer the direct link like above, then sites like Mediafire with all the junk adds that can mistakenly be clicked on.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

A late christmas present - version 2.0 is now out in the 1st post. 🎅

This is a big update that adds in nearly 60!! new characters as well as some new storylines. Ive also gone back and edited some of the older characters so they use the new powers that have been patched in.

Im hoping to do one more big holiday update before i go back to work and that will probabky be out in the new year so look out for that 🙂

• Thanks 4

As promised Version 2.1 has now been released in the 1st post. It is sort of a 'outer space' update as it mostly brings in characters like Galactus, Starjammers, Nova, Vulcan and Adam Warlock, but theres also several new Earth characters like Exodus, Havok and Polaris. This also takes the database past 300 characters!!

This will be the last big update for a while but there should be plenty of content now to keep people entertained until the next one.

• Thanks 2