All Japan Pro Wrestling: Royal Road Rebuilt

1. Ryuji Hijikata & Kai Fujimura vs. Dan Tamura & Ryo Inoue

2. Koji Iwamoto & Soma Watanabe vs. Takao Omori & Yohei Nakajima

3. Yu Iizuka Challenge Series #4: Kotaro Suzuki vs. Yu Iizuka

4. KAZMA Sakamoto & Kengo Mashimo vs. Ross Von Erich & Marshall Von Erich

5. Jun Akiyama, Go Shiozaki & Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa & Joe Doering

6. Naoya Nomura & Mizuki Watase vs. Ryouji Sai & Yusuke Okada

7. Kento Miyahara, Yuma Aoyagi, Atsuki Aoyagi, Rising HAYATO vs. Jake Lee, Minoru Suzuki, TAJIRI, Hokuto Omori

Great stuff with the HTML and the announcements for the next tour, makes everything feel so much more natural.

Prediction Card For Next Show

1. Ryuji Hijikata & Kai Fujimura vs. Dan Tamura & Ryo Inoue

Ryuji gets to look strong going into SANADA's return match

2. Koji Iwamoto & Soma Watanabe vs. Takao Omori & Yohei Nakajima

JIN needs this.

3. Yu Iizuka Challenge Series #4: Kotaro Suzuki vs. Yu Iizuka

BURNING forever.

4. KAZMA Sakamoto & Kengo Mashimo vs. Ross Von Erich & Marshall Von Erich

Just because they debut, otherwise I'm into KAZMA tbh

5. Jun Akiyama, Go Shiozaki & Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa & Joe Doering

Biases and all but also Suwama needs an opponent to beat solo so why not

6. Naoya Nomura & Mizuki Watase vs. Ryouji Sai & Yusuke Okada

These folks are very good at wrestling

7. Kento Miyahara, Yuma Aoyagi, Atsuki Aoyagi, Rising HAYATO vs. Jake Lee, Minoru Suzuki, TAJIRI, Hokuto Omori

Let's start the tour with a big babyface win. Probably more likely I get this one wrong.

image.png

New Year Giant Series Night 1 Results

azpRga3s.png vU425CWs.png   VS  iFwPfBzs.png 0IVNL57s.png

In the opening bout, Ryuji Hijikata showed more fire than usual, likely due to being hand-picked by SANADA for his return match! Hijikata won the match for his team after a running high knee followed by a Cross Armbreaker on Ryo Inoue.

THixY5fs.png 9IF2TBOs.png  VS  MtP7gmYs.png r1MJJYbs.png

Koji Iwamoto started gaining some momentum as he nears his singles match with SANADA in Osaka. Iwamoto and Omori had some hard-hitting exchanges while Some Watanabe displayed impressive speed in exchanges with Yohei Nakajima. Iwamoto finished former Triple Crown Champion Takao Omori with a Brianbuster to secure the victory for JIN.

NQNIE6es.png  VS  XhbuzHJs.jpg 

Yu Iizuka's 4th Challenge Series match took place against Kotaro Suzuki. Iizuka continued to look good and impress the fans and AJPW officials. He was defeated after 10 minutes of competitive action when Kotaro Suzuki used the Mass Driver! 

U0wlKY8s.png 2L3CSm3s.png  VS  G8RuOqys.png rW3TpQps.png

Ross and Marshall Von Erich made their debuts against the Total Eclipse duo of KAZMA Sakamoto and Kengo Mashimo. They had a tough battle in front of them with the two TAKA Michinoku trainees dominating the early part of the match! The Von Erichs were able to fight back however and ultimately were victorious when they had both of their opponents in the dreaded Von Erich Iron Claw in the center of the ring!

XPnBRA5s.png NtkWzxTs.png bFRX9gMs.png  VS   kGTG2Ods.png QMxv5Xzs.png TPLZzbas.png

Up next was Burning represented by Jun Akiyama, Go Shiozaki and Kaito Kiyomiya against Evolution's Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa and Joe Doering. Suwama's rumpy attitude was present in this bout, especially when he clashed with Kiyomiya, who seemed to best him for a few moments. Suwama managed to gain the upper hand after tossing Kiyomiya to the outside, but when he joined his opponent on the floor, he received a swift kick to the jaw! Suwama seemed to lose his cool and began assaulting Kiyomiya on the outside eventually using a chair, forcing Kyohei Wada to disqualify him! Joe Doering pulled Suwama away from Kiyomiya, seeming concerned while Jun Akiyama had to be held back by Go Shiozaki!

vakd6s4s.png 9mx00uDs.png  VS  lP2Mtg8s.png mXP7UwUs.png

Naoya Nomura and Mizuki Watase were victorious over Ryouji Sai and Yusuke Okada. Watase and Okada had some great exchanges throughout the match, each wanting to best the other. Watase won the match for his team with a Mizuki Lock on Okada while Nomura ran interference on Sai!

QUa8Aixs.jpg WMYZNqKs.png D2pGxRGs.png PNQyQHus.jpg

VS 

DnVBREgs.jpg CzeiZwts.jpg FpeJeQ1s.jpg yOcwg6xs.jpg

The evening's main event was a clash between NEXTREAM and Total Eclipse! The match was highly competitive and hard-hitting. Jake Lee was intent on proving that he should be in line for a Triple Crown Championship opportunity, targeting his rival Miyahara throughout the match. It was Yuma Aoyagi who grabbed the victory for NEXTREAM when he locked TAJIRI in the End Game!

New Year Giant Series - 01.17.22

Korakuen Hall - Tokyo

1. Ryuji Hijikata & Kai Fujimura def. Dan Tamura & Ryo Inoue via submission (9:33)

2. Koji Iwamoto & Soma Watanabe def. Takao Omori & Yohei Nakajima via pinfall (9:21)

3. Yu Iizuka Challenge Series #4: Kotaro Suzuki def. Yu Iizuka via pinfall (10:47)

4. Ross Von Erich & Marshall Von Erich def. KAZMA Sakamoto & Kengo Mashimo via submission (10:02)

5. Jun Akiyama, Go Shiozaki & Kaito Kiyomoya def. Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa & Joe Doering via disqualification (8:46)

6. Naoya Nomura & Mizuki Watase def. Ryouji Sai & Yusuke Okada via submission (13:58)

7. Kento Miyahara, Yuma Aoyagi, Atsuki Aoyagi, Rising HAYATO def. Jake Lee, Minoru Suzuki, TAJIRI, Hokuto Omori via submission (24:18)

Edited by Vandal
  • Like 1

1. Saito Brothers Return Match: Marshall Von Erich & Ross Von Erich vs. Jun Saito & Rei Saito

2. Road To Final Fuchi #1/Yu Iizuka Challenge Series #5: Masanobu Fuchi vs. Yu Iizuka 

3. Hikaru Sato & Dan Tamura vs. TAJIRI & Yusuke Kodama

4. Kengo Mashimo & Hokuto Omori vs. Kaito Kiyomiya & Daisuke Harada

5. Naoya Nomura & Mizuki Watase vs. Zeus & Atsushi Maruyama

6. Welcome Back Shining Star ~ SANADA Return Match: Ryuji Hijikata vs. SANADA

7. Kento Miyahara & Rising HAYATO vs. Koji Iwamoto & Soma Watanabe

8. 50th Anniversary Celebration Match ~ Triple Crown Showcase: Jake Lee, Minoru Suzuki, Suwama & "X" vs. Jun Akiyama, Go Shiozaki, Takao Omori & "X"

- Who are the mystery participants in the main event?

• Like 1

1. Saito Brothers Return Match: Marshall Von Erich & Ross Von Erich vs. Jun Saito & Rei Saito

Shot in the dark

2. Road To Final Fuchi #1/Yu Iizuka Challenge Series #5: Masanobu Fuchi vs. Yu Iizuka 

Lizuka's lost a few in a row, Fuchi is too old. 

3. Hikaru Sato & Dan Tamura vs. TAJIRI & Yusuke Kodama

HARD HIT Supremacy!

4. Kengo Mashimo & Hokuto Omori vs. Kaito Kiyomiya & Daisuke Harada

Unless Suwama interferes I guess.

5. Naoya Nomura & Mizuki Watase vs. Zeus & Atsushi Maruyama

I am just all in on this duo, sorry.

6. Welcome Back Shining Star ~ SANADA Return Match: Ryuji Hijikata vs. SANADA

It's SANADA.

7. Kento Miyahara & Rising HAYATO vs. Koji Iwamoto & Soma Watanabe

Builds anticipation to the #1 Contender's match, pretty sure Iwamoto is incredible in this mod as well.

8. 50th Anniversary Celebration Match ~ Triple Crown Showcase: Jake Lee, Minoru Suzuki, Suwama & "X" vs. Jun Akiyama, Go Shiozaki, Takao Omori & "X"

Anniversary match, going with the most triple crown reigns.

- Who are the mystery participants in the main event?

I have no idea to be honest. Nagata? Kojima?

image.png

New Year Giant Series Night 2 Results

nAClpSDs.png 4R8N7CUs.png VS U0wlKY8s.png 2L3CSm3s.png

The Saito Brothers made their return to All Japan from excursion in the opening bout against The Von Erich Brothers. The Von Erichs emerged victorious after an Assisted Iron Claw Slam on Jun Saito. The two teams showed mutual respect after the contest ended.

HqoWB0js.png VS NQNIE6es.png

Yu Iizuka's 5th Challenge Series match took place against 48-year soon-to-be-retired veteran Masanobu Fuchi! Fuchi gave Iizuka a lesson in chain wrestling during this bout. Fuchi tried to secure the win with his signature Small Package but was not successful. After escaping Fuchi's Small Package attempt, Iizuka sniped him with a Buzzsaw Kick for the victory! 

940KTh0s.png iFwPfBzs.png VS yOcwg6xs.jpg 5vvFArPs.jpg

Evolution's junior heavyweight duo clashed with Total Eclipse puppet master TAJIRI and his pupil Yusuke Kodama in the next bout. The match was pretty standard, with there being an emphasis on strikes. It was Hikaru Sato who brought the match to a close by submitting Kodama with the Ude-Hishigi-Gyaku-Juji-Gatame.

bFRX9gMs.png n2wPtsBs.png VS rW3TpQps.png FpeJeQ1s.jpg

Next was Kaito Kiyomiya and Daisuke Harada representing Burning going against Total Eclipse members Kengo Mashimo and Hokuto Omori! Omori seemed to harbor some resentment towards Harada for defeating him in the AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Challenger Decision Match on 1/3 as he seemed to add some extra "oomph" to his strikes on Harada. Kiyomiya and Mashimo were both evenly matched in both size and ability, each trying to one-up the other when they met in the ring. Burning claimed victory when Kiyomiya laid out Mashimo with a Tiger Driver!

vakd6s4s.png 9mx00uDs.png VS vlsRxyds.png 5DCMNjks.png

Naoya Nomura and Mizuki Watase continued to impress as a team as they faced Zeus and Atsushi Maruyama! Zeus tried to overwhelm Nomura with his sheer power but found that Nomura is one of the most resilient competitors in All Japan. Maruyama was no match for Watase who hit harder and reverse many of Maruyama's move attempts! It was Maruyama who fell in defeat when Watase made him submit with his Mizuki Lock!

azpRga3s.png VS WEnN3hys.png

SANADA's return match was next as he faced his hand-picked opponent Ryuji Hijikata! Hijikata saw this match as a huge opportunity and gave it his all, but ultimately could not defeat SANADA who won with the Skull End. SANADA helped Hijikata to his feet after the match and shook his hand.

THixY5fs.png 9IF2TBOs.png VS QUa8Aixs.jpg PNQyQHus.jpg

With Koji Iwamoto gunning for a challenge at Kento Miyahara, this match could very well be a prelude to the next Triple Crown Championship match! Both Rising HAYATO and Soma Watanabe were both impressive in the bout, each matching the other's agility when they clashed. Whenever Iwamoto and Miyahara were in the ring together, it was tense and hard-hitting! Iwamoto and Watanabe emerged victorious when Iwamoto used Miyahara's Shutdown Suplex finisher on HAYATO!

DnVBREgs.jpg CzeiZwts.jpg kGTG2Ods.png iClGCRGs.jpg

VS

XPnBRA5s.png NtkWzxTs.png MtP7gmYs.png 8iImAjds.jpg

The main event was the Triple Crown Showcase -- an 8-man tag team match featuring 8 former Triple Crown Champions! The mystery competitors were revealed to be Satoshi Kojima and Masakatsu Funaki! Minoru Suzuki and Masakatsu Funaki started the match off. The two former Kings of Pancrase took no prisoners as they engaged in a strike battle in the center of the ring. When their strike battle ended with both men collapsing, they retreated to their corners and tagged in Jun Akiyama and Suwama respectively! These two started off with hard-hitting strikes as well with Akiyama wanting to get his hands on Suwama after his assault on Kaito Kiyomiya! After catching Suwama by surprise with a Northern Lights Suplex, Suwama tagged in Kojima and Akiyama tagged in Omori. After a pretty standard exchange between these two, Go Shiozaki and Jake Lee were tagged in. Things picked up with their grappling with Lee managing to toss Shiozaki out of ring. Shortly after all hell broke loose with both teams brawling around the ring, with Akiyama and Suwama being particularly violent with one another! The match came to a close just after the 21-minute mark when Jake Lee hit the D4C on Shiozaki and pinned him!

New Year Giant Series - 01.18.22

Korakuen Hall - Tokyo

1. Saito Brothers Return Match: Marshall Von Erich & Ross Von Erich def. Jun Saito & Rei Saito via pinfall (8:19)

2. Road To Final Fuchi #1/Yu Iizuka Challenge Series #5: Yu Iizuka def. Masanobu Fuchi via pinfall (7:03)

3. Hikaru Sato & Dan Tamura def. TAJIRI & Yusuke Kodama via submission (8:45)

4. Kaito Kiyomiya & Daisuke Harada def. Kengo Mashimo & Hokuto Omori via pinfall (15:03)

5. Naoya Nomura & Mizuki Watase def. Zeus & Atsushi Maruyama via submission (11:57)

6. Welcome Back Shining Star ~ SANADA Return Match: SANADA def. Ryuji Hijikata via submission (13:26)

7. Koji Iwamoto & Soma Watanabe def. Kento Miyahara & Rising HAYATO via pinfall (19:56)

8. 50th Anniversary Celebration Match ~ Triple Crown Showcase: Jake Lee, Minoru Suzuki, Suwama & "X" Satoshi Kojima def. Jun Akiyama, Go Shiozaki, Takao Omori & "X" Masakatsu Funaki via pinfall (21:12)

Edited by Vandal
  • Like 1

image.png

Post-Show Comments

U0wlKY8s.png 2L3CSm3s.png

Marshall Von Erich: "We're happy to represent the legacy of the Von Erich family in All Japan Pro Wrestling! In Kyoto, we have a huge challenge ahead of us when we face Joe Doering and Suwama, but we like challenges!"

Ross Von Erich: "That's right. We wouldn't be here if we didn't. We didn't come all the way from the United States to lose. We came to win those Tag Team Championships!"

HqoWB0js.png

Masanobu Fuchi: "I'm getting too old for this, haha! Well, in two months I'll be retired so I have to give it my all until then! Good job, Iizuka. Good luck in your next challenge against Hikaru Sato! The next time I compete we will revive the Holy Demon Army with Kawada's blessing. I look forward to it."

vakd6s4s.png

Naoya Nomura: "Mizuki Watase, my friend... I'm enjoying our team. Good luck in your next matches. Next is Kyoto. I'm looking forward to battling SANADA for the first time. I'm also looking forward to defeating him for the first time."

9mx00uDs.png 

Mizuki Watase: "I was given the opportunity by the All Japan office to pick my partner for the event in Kyoto. The match is a prelude to my Jr. Heavyweight Championship match with Atsuki Aoyagi, so I wanted to pick someone I feel can get the job done. That's why I've picked Yusuke Okada! He was impressive in our recent match. Don't let me down, Okada!"

WEnN3hys.png

SANADA: "Hijikata, you fought well! Thank you. In Kyoto, let's work together and defeat NEXTREAM!"

THixY5fs.png

Koji Iwamoto: "SANADA certainly picked an easy opponent for his return match. I think it speaks to his ability. He got lazy playing second fiddle to a fellow Mutoh wannabe. I'm going to make you wish you never returned soon enough."

XPnBRA5s.png

Jun Akiyama: "Suwama... I have a title defense to make in Osaka, but I'm free in Yokohama. If you want to fight, let's fight."

DnVBREgs.jpg

Jake Lee: "Go Shiozaki -- so many people say you're so great. They treat you like you're one of the best. Interesting seeing as I just beat you. Maybe you've lost that spark. The man I just beat certainly wasn't the Go Shiozaki everyone praises so much."

• Like 2

rW3TpQp.png

Kengo Mashimo sidelined

Kengo Mashimo suffered a broken ankle on the 1/18 show and will be out of action for 3-4 months as he recovers.

The card for the 1/21 show in Kyoto has been updated due to the injury.

image.png

New Year Giant Series - 01.21.22

KBS Hall - Kyoto

1. Hikaru Sato & Dan Tamura vs. Hokuto Omori & Yusuke Kodama

2.  Jake Lee, KAZMA Sakamoto, TAJIRI & "X" vs. Ryouji Sai, Jun Saito, Rei Saito & Yohei Nakajima

3.  Joe Doering & Suwama vs. Marshall Von Erich & Ross Von Erich

4. Ryuki Honda, Shotaro Ashino, Soma Watanabe vs. Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya, Daisuke Harada

5. Jun Akiyama & Kotaro Suzuki vs. Takao Omori & TAMURA

6. Atsuki Aoyagi & Rising HAYATO vs. Mizuki Watase & Yusuke Okada

7. Kento Miyahara & Naoya Nomura vs. SANADA & Ryuji Hijikata

Edited by Vandal
  • Like 1

1. Hikaru Sato & Dan Tamura vs. Hokuto Omori & Yusuke Kodama

2.  Jake Lee, KAZMA Sakamoto, TAJIRI & "X" vs. Ryouji Sai, Jun Saito, Rei Saito & Yohei Nakajima

- Who is "X"?

3.  Joe Doering & Suwama vs. Marshall Von Erich & Ross Von Erich

4. Ryuki Honda, Shotaro Ashino, Soma Watanabe vs. Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya, Daisuke Harada

5. Jun Akiyama & Kotaro Suzuki vs. Takao Omori & TAMURA

6. Atsuki Aoyagi & Rising HAYATO vs. Mizuki Watase & Yusuke Okada

7. Kento Miyahara & Naoya Nomura vs. SANADA & Ryuji Hijikata

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

image.png

New Year Giant Series Night 3 Results

iFwPfBzs.png 940KTh0s.png  VS  FpeJeQ1s.jpg 5vvFArPs.jpg

The action in Kyoto began with a tag team bout between Jr. Heavyweights representing Evolution and Total Eclipse! Dan Tamura was able to score the pinfall victory with a Backdrop Suplex Hold!

DnVBREgs.jpg G8RuOqys.png m08OluNs.jpg yOcwg6xs.jpg 

VS

lP2Mtg8s.png nAClpSDs.png 4R8N7CUs.pngr1MJJYbs.png

With Kengo Mashimo sidelined, Total Eclipse was given the opportunity to find a replacement for this bout and it was revealed that Yuji Hino has been recruited! Hino immediately proved himself to faction leader Jake Lee by picking up the victory with the "Fucking BOMB" on Ryouji Sai!

TPLZzbas.png kGTG2Ods.png   VS  U0wlKY8s.png 2L3CSm3s.png

Evolution's Joe Doering and Suwama teamed up next to face the Von Erichs! Suwama's mean streak continued in this battle, with him spending time on the outside of the ring with Ross Von Erich, using the guard rails to his advantage and slamming him on the floor. Doering and Suwama had a disagreement near the end of the match, following which Suwama turned into a big lariat from Marshall Von Erich who scored the victory via pinfall! Post-match, Suwama interrupted the Von Erichs' celebration with a chair until Joe Doering stopped him! 

8sz9IFks.jpg aPj85Cks.jpg 9IF2TBOs.png  VS  NtkWzxTs.png bFRX9gMs.png n2wPtsBs.png

Up next it was JIN vs Burning! Go Shiozaki and Kaito Kiyomiya were unsuccessful in their attempt to dethrone Ryuki Honda and Shotaro Ashino on 1/7 and were looking to beat the Unified World Tag Team Champions in this bout to solidify themselves as contenders yet again. Surprisingly this match concluded when Soma Watanabe pinned Daisuke Harada after a Firebird Splash!

XPnBRA5s.png XhbuzHJs.jpg   VS  MtP7gmYs.png 7VbnUyRs.jpg

The All Asia Tag Team Champions Jun Akiyama and Kotaro Suzuki defeated Takao Omori and the returning TAMURA in the next bout with Akiyama pinning Omori after an Exploder '98! After the match Akiyama declared that after he and Kotaro Suzuki retain the All Asia Tag Team Championships in Osaka, he wants a singles match with Suwama!

D2pGxRGs.png PNQyQHus.jpg   VS  9mx00uDs.png mXP7UwUs.png

With Atsuki Aoyagi set to defend the Jr. Heavyweight Championship against Mizuki Watase the next night, this match was focused around them trying to weaken the other before their big match! It was Mizuki Watase who is heading to Osaka with momentum however as he slapped the Mizuki Lock on Rising HAYATO while his hand-picked partner Yusuke Okada prevented Aoyagi from assisting his partner!

QUa8Aixs.jpg vakd6s4s.png  VS  WEnN3hys.png azpRga3s.png

SANADA stepped into the ring across from the man he may be facing soon -- Triple Crown Champion Kento Miyahara! With SANADA's sights set on Miyahara and his championship, he put on a tremendous performance. Naoya Nomura also looked to prove himself in this match when he encountered SANADA, as he still aims to become Triple Crown Champion! SANADA picked up the victory for his team when he took out Nomura with the Skull End!

Korakuen Hall - Tokyo

1. Dan Tamura & Hikaru Sato def. Hokuto Omori & Yusuke Kodama via pinfall (9:07)

2. Jake Lee, KAZMA Sakamoto, Yuji Hino & TAJIRI def. Ryouji Sai, Jun Saito, Rei Saito & Yohei Nakajima via pinfall (8:42)

3.  Ross Von Erich & Marshall Von Erich def. Joe Doering & Suwama via pinfall (9:34)

4. Ryuki Honda, Shotaro Ashino & Soma Watanabe def. Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya & Daisuke Harada via pinfall (12:02)

5. Jun Akiyama & Kotaro Suzuki def. Takao Omori & TAMURA via pinfall (10:06)

6. Mizuki Watase & Yusuke Okada def. Atsuki Aoyagi & Rising HAYATO via submission (17:03)

7. SANADA & Ryuji Hijikata def. Kento Miyahara & Naoya Nomura via pinfall (22:19)

image.png

Post-Show Comments

DnVBREgs.jpg G8RuOqys.png m08OluNs.jpg yOcwg6xs.jpg 

Jake Lee: "After the match I think everyone can agree, Yuji Hino is a monster! He's our monster! Welcome to Total Eclipse, Muscle Monster!"

Yuji Hino: "Just point to what you need destroyed!"

TPLZzbas.png

Joe Doering: "I don't know what's gotten into Suwama lately. Those Von Erich boys beat us. Yeah, it stings. There was no reason to attack them though. I don't like what I'm seeing lately. Suwama, get your head on straight, friend."

9mx00uDs.png

Mizuki Watase: "Aoyagi... Tomorrow night will be a similar scene. I will make you tap out. I will be victorious."

vakd6s4s.png

Naoya Nomura: "I tried to hold my own in there against SANADA... I failed. Maybe I'm further away from becoming Triple Crown Champion than I thought."

WEnN3hys.png

SANADA: "Naoya Nomura was the last challenger for the Triple Crown Championship. I overcame him tonight. Koji Iwamoto, tomorrow night you will share the same fate as Nomura. Then soon after, you too will share that same fate, Kento Miyahara."

• Like 1

Next show is the last of the New Year Giant Series before the month closes out with show in Yokohama!

1.  Road To Final Fuchi #3 ~ Holy Demon Army Revival: Masanobu Fuchi, Masao Inoue, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, Yoshinari Ogawa vs. Takao Omori, Osamu Nishimura, TAMURA, Ryuji Hijikata

2. Yu Iizuka Challenge Series #6: Hikaru Sato vs. Yu Iizuka

3.  Ross Von Erich, Marshall Von Erich, Yusuke Okada vs. Ryuki Honda, Shotaro Ashino, Soma Watanabe

4. Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa, Dan Tamura vs. Zeus, Bodyguard, Atsushi Maruyama

5. All Asia Tag Team Championship: Jun Akiyama & Kotaro Suzuki (C) vs. Yuma Aoyagi & Rising HAYATO

6. Kento Miyahara & Naoya Nomura vs. Go Shiozaki & Kaito Kiyomiya

7. Triple Crown Challenger Decision Match: Koji Iwamoto vs. SANADA

8. AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Atsuki Aoyagi (C) vs. Mizuki Watase

1.  Road To Final Fuchi #3 ~ Holy Demon Army Revival: Masanobu Fuchi, Masao Inoue, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, Yoshinari Ogawa vs. Takao Omori, Osamu Nishimura, TAMURA, Ryuji Hijikata

This is wrong, but it's Yoshinari Ogawa, come on.

2. Yu Iizuka Challenge Series #6: Hikaru Sato vs. Yu Iizuka

Sato rules, Lizuka is a child.

3.  Ross Von Erich, Marshall Von Erich, Yusuke Okada vs. Ryuki Honda, Shotaro Ashino, Soma Watanabe

Maybe you just like Okada that much, which is fair because he's great, but hopefully Honda and Ashino are top guys like they deserve. Also Watanabe is cool.

4. Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa, Dan Tamura vs. Zeus, Bodyguard, Atsushi Maruyama

Professional TEW jobber, Atsushi Maruyama.

5. All Asia Tag Team Championship: Jun Akiyama & Kotaro Suzuki (C) vs. Yuma Aoyagi & Rising HAYATO

Yuma is too good, is the thing. Maybe even too good for the titles, but whatever. 

6. Kento Miyahara & Naoya Nomura vs. Go Shiozaki & Kaito Kiyomiya

Go & Kaito haven't won enough in this save yet. Maybe Naoya and Kento can't coexist.

7. Triple Crown Challenger Decision Match: Koji Iwamoto vs. SANADA

The problem is, it's SANADA. He can't lose even if you didn't want him challenging Kento yet.

8. AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Atsuki Aoyagi (C) vs. Mizuki Watase

Mizuki Watase hasn't lost a single match so far, if I had to pick one title change this one has been built more than the All Asia tags. But because I am thinking with a real-world brain, he's an outsider and Aoyagi is a great investment. Heat him up to lose.

• 2 weeks later...

image.png

New Year Giant Series Night 4 Results

HqoWB0js.png onin3b0s.jpg 3K894DDs.jpg Yks7ymcs.jpg  

VS 

MtP7gmYs.png Rs8nGTvs.jpg azpRga3s.png 7VbnUyRs.jpg 

New Year Giant Series Night 4 in Osaka started with the 3rd match on the road to Masanobu Fuchi's retirement as members of the Holy Demon Army reunited for one night only! The match was a short opener with Fuchi being worked over early on until the Holy Demon Army could mount a comeback. Yoshinari Ogawa ensured a successful reunion for the group when he submitted TAMURA with the V1 Armlock! After the match Ogawa said he didn't come all the way back to All Japan after 22 years for just one match and declared that he wants to face Fuchi before he retires!

940KTh0s.png  VS  NQNIE6es.png

Yu Iizuka's challenge series is approaching its end, but for the 6th match in the series he had to face three-time Jr. Heavyweight Champion Hikaru Sato! The match was intense and similar to Iizuka's match against Ryuji Hijikata, this match had more of a shoot style feel to it. Sato defeated Iizuka around the 9-minute mark with his Ude-Hishigi-Gyaku-Juji-Gatame submission hold.

U0wlKY8s.png 2L3CSm3s.png mXP7UwUs.png  VS  8sz9IFks.jpg aPj85Cks.jpg 9IF2TBOs.png

JIN members Ryuki Honda, Shotaro Ashino and Soma Watanabe clashed with The Von Erichs and Yusuke Okada in the next bout. The Von Erichs continued to prove that they have what it takes to compete in AJPW, holding their own against the reigning Unified Tag Team Champions! Both Soma Watanabe and Yusuke Okada were impressive in this bout as well, giving the fans a preview of what could very well be a future Jr. Heavyweight Championship bout when they clashed. It was Watanabe who pinned Okada after a Firebird Splash to conclude the match.

kGTG2Ods.png QMxv5Xzs.png iFwPfBzs.png  VS  vlsRxyds.png EuV170Es.jpg 5DCMNjks.png

Suwama led Evolution into battle against Osaka natives Zeus, Bodyguard and Atsushi Maruyama! Suwama worked the crowd in this match with his heel antics, isolating and beating down Maruyama in the early portion of the match. Suwama urged Ishikawa and Tamura to join him in brutalizing Maruyama. Ishikawa joined in but the young Tamura didn't seem fond of the idea of trying to go out of his way to hurt his opponent. Maruyama managed to break away from Tamura to tag in Zeus which turned the tide of the match for a few minutes, getting the Osaka crowd fired up! The match came to an end when Shuji Ishikawa chokeslammed Bodyguard in the middle of the ring and pinned him. Suwama bullied Dan Tamura after the match for refusing his instructions earlier in the match!

cXsA3Mtt.png

XPnBRA5s.png XhbuzHJs.jpg   VS  WMYZNqKs.png PNQyQHus.jpg

The All Asia Tag Team Champions were on the line in the next bout as Jun Akiyama and Kotaro Suzuki looked to make their 2nd defense against Yuma Aoyagi and Rising HAYATO! The bout was back and forth between the two teams with neither having a clear advantage until the final moments when Jun Akiyama tossed Yuma Aoyagi to the outside and kept him occupied there while in the ring Kotaro Suzuki finished Rising HAYATO with a Tiger Driver!

QUa8Aixs.jpg vakd6s4s.png   VS   NtkWzxTs.png bFRX9gMs.png

While his next challenger would be decided in the next match, Triple Crown Champion Kento Miyahara tagged with Naoya Nomura to face Go Shiozaki and Kaito Kiyomiya! This was another back and forth tag match with both teams giving it their all. After 20 minutes of intense action Kaito Kiyomiya was able to score the pinfall over Naoya Nomura following the Overthrow!

DnVBREgs.jpg

Jake Lee appeared after the match and taunted Shiozaki, challenging him to a singles match!

THixY5fs.png  VS  WEnN3hys.png 

Our semi main event was next and would determine the next challenger for the Triple Crown Championship! It was JIN's leader and the former Jr. Heavyweight ace Koji Iwamoto against the returning SANADA for the right to challenge Kento Miyahara! Iwamoto cranked up the intensity, striking SANADA with tremendous force throughout the match as he looked to solidify himself as the next challenger to Kento Miyahara. SANADA matched his intensity which made for a tremendous battle. Iwamoto tried to secure himself the victory with a bridging high-angle German suplex, but SANADA managed to kick out. Moments later he was able to lock Iwamoto in the Skull End in the middle of the ring! Iwamoto refused to tap out, but lost consciousness forcing the referee to call for the bell! With his submission victory, SANADA will be the next challenger for Kento Miyahara's Triple Crown Championship!

HYNoTIvt.png

D2pGxRGs.png VS  9mx00uDs.png 

The main event in Osaka was a thrilling Jr. Heavyweight bout as Jr. Heavyweight Champion Atsuki Aoyagi looked to make his 2nd defense against Mizuki Watase! Watase has been on a hot streak since beginning to appear in All Japan and was looking to cap it off with a championship victory! Aoyagi however is only 1 defense into his 1st reign and was looking to make another defense to cement himself as the ace of All Japan's Jr. Heavyweight division! Watase was a tough challenger for Aoyagi, using his strong strikes to weaken the champion for his submission attempts throughout the match. There were moments where it seemed we may have a new champion, but Aoyagi was able to persist. The match came to an end when Aoyagi planted Watase with a Fisherman Brainbuster and then climbed to the top turnbuckle to hit the Firebird Splash! After the match, Aoyagi and Watase shook hands to close out the show and All Japan's New Year Giant Series!

Korakuen Hall - Tokyo

1.  Road To Final Fuchi #3 ~ Holy Demon Army Revival: Masanobu Fuchi, Masao Inoue, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, Yoshinari Ogawa def. Takao Omori, Osamu Nishimura, TAMURA, Ryuji Hijikata via submission (10:29)

2. Yu Iizuka Challenge Series #6: Hikaru Sato def. Yu Iizuka via submission (9:06)

3.  Ryuki Honda, Shotaro Ashino, Soma Watanabe def. Ross Von Erich, Marshall Von Erich, Yusuke Okada via pinfall (11:18)

4. Suwama, Shuji Ishikawa, Dan Tamura def. Zeus, Bodyguard, Atsushi Maruyama via pinfall (10:49)

5. All Asia Tag Team Championship: Jun Akiyama & Kotaro Suzuki (C) def. Yuma Aoyagi & Rising HAYATO via pinfall (15:06)

6. Go Shiozaki & Kaito Kiyomiya def. Kento Miyahara & Naoya Nomura via pinfall (20:02)

7. Triple Crown Challenger Decision Match: SANADA def. Koji Iwamoto via submission (17:58)

8. AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Atsuki Aoyagi (C) def. Mizuki Watase via pinfall (19:43)

• Like 1

image.png

Post-Show Comments

HqoWB0js.png 

Masanobu Fuchi: "Thank you all for wrestling with me tonight. It was an honor for the Holy Demon Army to go to war again! Ogawa, I heard your words after the match. Let's do it. Let's battle."

NQNIE6es.png

Yu Iizuka: "This Challenge Series has been a grueling test, but I've given it my all. All of my training and my fighting spirit have guided me through each fight. I hope the fans and All Japan Pro Wrestling are proud of me. I am approaching the final challenge -- whatever it may be. I am ready."

kGTG2Ods.png 

Suwama: "What a shame... those hometown Osaka idiots weren't much of a challenge. Ishikawa, I knew you could match my violence! We weren't the Violent Giants for no reason, eh? But Tamura! Young boy! Next time I tell you to do something you'd better do it!"

XPnBRA5s.png 

Jun Akiyama: "Somehow we held out against the new generation, haha! It was a good challenge. I'd gladly face them again. Now I can focus on Suwama. It's time to knock some sense into him."

NtkWzxTs.png

Go Shiozaki: "If Jake Lee wants a singles match, let's do it. He's got plenty to say for someone who hasn't done much of anything lately!"

WEnN3hys.png

SANADA: "Just as I predicted. Koji Iwamoto shared the same fate as Naoya Nomura and was defeated by Cold Skull. Kento Miyahara, you're next. I will be the Triple Crown Champion."

9mx00uDs.png 

Mizuki Watase: "Atsuki Aoyagi, you're Jr. Heavyweight Champion for a reason. Thank you for the fight. This won't be the last time we'll meet. I'll make sure of it. I want to defeat you."

D2pGxRGs.png

Atsuki Aoyagi: "I am the Ace of the Jr. Heavyweights. It doesn't matter who is put in front of me. I will defeat them. I'm never giving up this championship."

• Like 1

image.png.7c1e69af7ee0eb00170fbc4d9dc75784.png

Yokohama Twilight Blues Card Announced

January 24, 2022 - All Japan Pro Wrestling released the full card for the upcoming Yokohama Twilight Blues event at Yokohama Budokan.

With Kengo Mashimo sidelined, KAZMA Sakamoto will tag with Yuji Hino in the opening bout against the Saito Brothers!

There will be an 8-man tag team match showcasing the Jr. Heavyweight division as Burning's Daisuke Harada and Kotaro Suzuki team up with Evolution's Dan Tamura and Hikaru Sato to take on Total Eclipse's Hokuto Omori and Yusuke Kodama along with Mizuki Watase and Yusuke Okada!

Yu Iizuka's Challenge Series comes to a conclusion in Yokohama as he faces one of the men he has been training under and a familiar face to All Japan -- Kaz Hayashi!

Masanobu Fuchi's road to retirement continues with a singles match against Yoshinari Ogawa! 

After their unsuccessful attempt to capture the All Asia Tag Team Championships, Yuma Aoyagi and Rising HAYATO will face JIN's Koji Iwamoto and Soma Watanabe!

The GAORA TV Championship will be on the line in a grudge match as Suwama defends against one half of the All Asia Tag Team Champions, Jun Akiyama! 

After impressing PWF Chairman Kenta Kobashi during the New Year Giant Series, The Von Erichs will challenge Ryuki Honda and Shotaro Ashino for the AJPW World Tag Team Championships!

Naoya Nomura reached out to the All Japan office after Kaito Kiymoiya pinned him in Osaka and requested a singles match against the rising star. The request was granted and they will meet in singles action in Yokohama!

Go Shiozaki accepted Jake Lee's challenge for a singles match and it has been made official that the match will take place in Yokohama!

SANADA will be Kento Miyahara's next challenger, but before that match happens, they will meet once more in tag team action as Kento Miyahara and Jr. Heavyweight Champion Atsuki Aoyagi take on SANADA and his ally from New Japan -- BUSHI!

G

image.jpeg

Yokohama Twilight Blues - 01.29.22

Yokohama Budokan - Yokohama

1. KAZMA Sakamoto & Yuji Hino vs. Jun Saito & Rei Saito

2. Daisuke Harada, Dan Tamura, Hikaru Sato, Kotaro Suzuki vs. Hokuto Omori, Mizuki Watase, Yusuke Kodama & Yusuke Okada

3. Yu Iizuka Challenge Series FINAL: Kaz Hayashi [Free] vs. Yu Iizuka

4. Road To Fuchi Final #4: Masanobu Fuchi vs. Yoshinari Ogawa [NOAH]

5. Koji Iwamoto & Soma Watanabe vs. Yuma Aoyagi & Rising HAYATO

6. GAORA TV Championship: Suwama (C) vs. Jun Akiyama

7. AJPW World Tag Team Championship: Ryuki Honda & Shotaro Ashino (C) vs. Marshall Von Erich & Ross Von Erich

8. Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Naoya Nomura

9. Go Shiozaki vs. Jake Lee

10. Kento Miyahara & Atsuki Aoyagi vs. SANADA & BUSHI [NJPW]

Edited by Vandal
  • Like 1

It's a big night in Yokohama to close out the month of January! 

2. Daisuke Harada, Dan Tamura, Hikaru Sato, Kotaro Suzuki vs. Hokuto Omori, Mizuki Watase, Yusuke Kodama & Yusuke Okada

3. Yu Iizuka Challenge Series FINAL: Kaz Hayashi [Free] vs. Yu Iizuka

4. Road To Fuchi Final #4: Masanobu Fuchi vs. Yoshinari Ogawa [NOAH]

6. GAORA TV Championship: Suwama (C) vs. Jun Akiyama

7. AJPW World Tag Team Championship: Ryuki Honda & Shotaro Ashino (C) vs. Marshall Von Erich & Ross Von Erich

9. Go Shiozaki vs. Jake Lee

• Like 1

Damn, what a card! This still being January threw me off as well lol. These January tours are long, eh? 

Not too sure, just defaulting to Yuji Hino.

Hikaru Sato vs Atsuki Aoyagi? Maybe. 

Shot in the dark but maybe you can afford to annoy a freelancer in Kaz Hayashi. I got every other match in the trial series right so it will be a shame when I'm wrong lol.

Underrated wrestling legend Yoshinari Ogawa.

Iwamoto and Soma get some momentum back since Aoyagi & HAYATO just lost a title challenge.

SuwamaWinsLol

7. AJPW World Tag Team Championship: Ryuki Honda & Shotaro Ashino (C) vs. Marshall Von Erich & Ross Von Erich

Thanks for coming, Von Erichs.

It seems I have not been biased enough! Let's fix that.

Likewise, Jake Lee running his mouth and losing feels like a solid bet.

Win or lose, SANADA is a conquering villain that needs to be built as such.

• Like 1

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

image.jpeg

Yokohama Twilight Blues Results

G8RuOqys.png m08OluNs.jpg VS nAClpSDs.png 4R8N7CUs.png

Yokohama Twilight Blues opened with Total Eclipse's KAZMA Sakamoto and Yuji Hino battling agaisnt the Saito Twins! It was a quick bout with Yuji Hino securing the victory for his team with a "Fucking BOMB" on Jun Saito.

n2wPtsBs.png iFwPfBzs.png 940KTh0s.png XhbuzHJs.jpg

VS

FpeJeQ1s.jpg 9mx00uDs.png 5vvFArPs.jpg mXP7UwUs.png

The second bout of the evening was a Jr. Heavyweight 8-man tag with BURNING and Evolution on one side with Total Eclipse teaming with the unaffiliated Mizuki Watase and Yusuke Okada on the other. After eight action-packed minutes, this Jr. Heavyweight showcase came to an end when Hikaru Sato submitted Yusuke Kodama with the Ude-Hishigi-Gyaku-Juji-Gatame.

ztKPnSvs.jpg VS  NQNIE6es.png

Yu Iizuka's final challenge series match was next as he faced one of his trainers, Kaz Hayashi! They had a solid match, trading momentum until the closing moments when Yu Iizuka was able to strike with a high roundhouse kick and followed up with Kaz Hayashi's own Power Plant finisher!

HqoWB0js.png VS  Yks7ymcs.jpg

Masanobu Fuchi's road to retirement continued with a bout against Yoshinari Ogawa! The match was a brief clash between the elder statesmen of the sport. Fuchi attempted to roll Ogawa up in the final moments, but Ogawa escaped and transitioned into the V1 Armlock for the win!

THixY5fs.png 9IF2TBOs.png  VS  WMYZNqKs.png PNQyQHus.jpg

Koji Iwamoto and Soma Watanabe represented JIN against NEXTREAM's Yuma Aoyagi and Rising HAYATO next. Iwamoto and Watanabe have been successful in tag bouts and Watanabe has also picked up the victory for JIN twice in trios action recently. While Aoyagi and HAYATO weren't successful in their attempt at capturing the All Asia Tag Team Championships, they were still on their "A" game in this bout. Iwamoto and Watanabe debuted an impactful new tag team finisher in the closing moments, a Brainbuster/Roundhouse Kick combination (ReDRagon's "Chasing The Dragon" finisher) which put Rising HAYATO down for the count.

image.jpeg.4ce6a8c96f73201e0c1027277d4aa721.jpeg

kGTG2Ods.png VS XPnBRA5s.png

The GAORA TV Championship was on the line in a hard-hitting brawl between the champion Suwama and Jun Akiyama! Suwama and Akiyama spent roughly half of the eleven-minute bout brawling outside of the ring. Matching Suwama's chaotic nature as of late, Akiyama introduced a table, which turned out to be his downfall. Suwama took advantage shortly after the table was introduced and drove Akiyama through it with a Last Ride! He brought Akiyama back into the ring and planted him into the canvas with one more Last Ride for good measure and for the win.

3ZZNavw.jpg

8sz9IFks.jpg aPj85Cks.jpg   VS   U0wlKY8s.png 2L3CSm3s.png

AJPW Unified Tag Team Champions Ryuki Honda and Shotaro Ashino were up next to attempt to retain their championships as they faced the Von Erichs! They worked a match that felt like a tribute to the King's Road tag matches of days gone by. It looked like the Von Erichs might be the new champions as Ross Von Erich had the Iron Claw locked in on Ashino, but Ryuki Honda absolutely demolished him with a lariat to break the hold! Ashino followed up with a T-Bone Suplex and pinned Ross Von Erich to retain!

vakd6s4s.png  VS  bFRX9gMs.png

The next bout was a match requested by Naoya Nomura, pitting him against Kaito Kiyomiya! This match could very well be a glimpse into the future of All Japan Pro Wrestling with both of these young fighters looking to fully break into the main event scene. Nomura showed a more aggressive side in this bout, which surprised Kiyomiya at first, but the young Supernova was able to match Nomura's intensity! Nomura was seemingly close to a win after his "Lancer" spear, but he went to the top rope to follow up with a Frog Splash and crashed onto Kiyomiya's knees! Kiyomiya rose to his feet and hit Nomura with a Shining Wizard followed by a Tiger Driver to finish things off!

NtkWzxTs.png VS  DnVBREgs.jpg

The semi-main event saw two former Triple Crown Champions clash when Go Shiozaki and Jake Lee battled it out. Lee took advantage early and spent the early portion of the match taunting and toying with Shiozaki, only putting in real effort when Shiozaki mounted a comeback. TAJIRI attempted to interfere on Lee's behalf, but when he attempted to mist Shiozaki from the apron, Shiozaki dodged and Lee was sprayed with the mist! Shiozaki took advantage of Lee being misted and planted him with a Go Flasher for the pinfall victory!

QUa8Aixs.jpg D2pGxRGs.png  VS  WEnN3hys.png dhpLaAPs.jpg

The main event in Yokohama was a prelude to the next Triple Crown Championship bout. The established next challenger SANADA brought in an ally from NJPW, the masked BUSHI, to back him up against Triple Crown Champion Kento Miyahara and Jr. Heavyweight Champion Atsuki Aoyagi. All four competitors went all out in this bout, as the fans would expect with the top heavyweight and junior heavyweight involved! The last few minutes had a few near falls with each team trying to have their arms raised to close out the night in Yokohama. It was ultimately the team of SANADA and BUSHI who were victorious with BUSHI hitting the MX on Aoyagi and pinning him for the win!

Yokohama Twilight Blues - 01.29.22

Yokohama Budokan - Yokohama

1. KAZMA Sakamoto & Yuji Hino def. Jun Saito & Rei Saito via pinfall (7:06)

2. Daisuke Harada, Dan Tamura, Hikaru Sato, Kotaro Suzuki def. Hokuto Omori, Mizuki Watase, Yusuke Kodama & Yusuke Okada via submission (9:02)

3. Yu Iizuka Challenge Series FINAL: Yu Iizuka def. Kaz Hayashi via pinfall (8:14)

4. Road To Fuchi Final #4: Yoshinari Ogawa def. Masanobu Fuchi via submission (6:47)

5. Koji Iwamoto & Soma Watanabe def. Yuma Aoyagi & Rising HAYATO via pinfall (13:44)

6. GAORA TV Championship: Suwama (C) def. Jun Akiyama via pinfall (11:31)

7. AJPW World Tag Team Championship: Ryuki Honda & Shotaro Ashino (C) def. Marshall Von Erich & Ross Von Erich via pinfall (12:00)

8. Kaito Kiyomiya def. Naoya Nomura via pinfall (15:56)

9. Go Shiozaki def. Jake Lee via pinfall (17:09)

10. SANADA & BUSHI def. Kento Miyahara & Atsuki Aoyagi via pinfall (19:35)

Edited by Vandal
  • Like 2