Wrestling Timelines: 1986

3 hours ago, paulskln said:

The picture you have in the mod is not David Mclane ....

How strange. It's not actually the actor from Netflix (Chris Lowell), it's someone completely different. No idea who it is, it isn't actually my picture it came from @justtxyank's pack. I'll sort out a new image for McLane and include it with the next update (there are a number of pic upgrades coming anyway).

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DomNWO said:

Is there any timetable for the next update? Based on what you said it will be fairly sizeable and I want to wait a little longer to dive in. Great work! I am very excited to see that this is all coming together.

My plan is Monday, all being well. Certainly watchers are showing the new broadcaster settings are working well

• Like 6

NEW VERSION RELEASED

Links to the updated database and picture file can be found in the second post:

For anyone interested, here is the change log for this update (also contained in the mod-maker's whiteboard):

Version: Alpha 2.00 Change Log
============================

Added NJPW dojo graduate records for Gran Hamada, Mr Pogo, Ryuma Go, Don Arakawa, Kazue Yamazaki, Hirokazu Hata
Added contract start dates to AJPW, AJW, AGPW, CSW, LI, NJPW, PPW, Stampede, UWF, VASW
Added The Nasty Boys tag record
Added Harlem Heat tag record
Added some starting storyline descriptions
Added text to relevant narratives
Fixed CMLL logo narrative not displaying correct logo
Added TV show logos
Added broadcaster logos
Set Colonel Ninotchka to female
Turned Ivan Putski and Paul Roma to babyface in WWF
Set US coverage to Medium for ESPN, USA Network and WTBS
Set US coverage to Very Small for Bravo
Set US coverage to Very Small for Closed Circuit Television
Set US coverage to Small for Viewer's Choice
Set US coverage to Medium for Syndication and changed to Terrestrial Commercial
Set US coverage to Small for single-region syndications and changed to Terrestrial Commercial
Added physical stats to Canek
Turned Referee Shiro Abe heel in AJW
Added contract start dates to AJW
Added Future Colour Commentator attribute to Pedro Morales
Added Future Road Agent attribute to Rene Goulet
Added Road Agent role to Pedro Morales' WWF contract
Added booking and ownership skills to Jimmy Hart
Added friendships between Jimmy Hart and Hillbilly Jim and Jerry Lawler
Amended Don Muraco's WWF contract to Magnificent Muraco (from The Magnificent Muraco)
Fixed Hercules Hernandez dates
Added WWA World title (vacant, from NWA Hollywood)
Added NWA Beat the Champ Television title (vacant, from NWA Hollywood)
Changed Oly Olsen's VASW contract to Ole Olsen
Added a bio to Professional Wrestling Federation

=New workers:
Aeroflash
Akemi Torisu
Arkángel de la Muerte
Andre Baker
Andy Barrow
Bat Yoshinaga
Charly Manson
Cobra Kid
Damián El Guerrero
Debbie Malenko
Eddie Golden
El Alebrije
El Danés
El Hijo del Black Shadow
Engendro
Etsuko Mita
EZ Money
Héctor Garza
Kaoru Ito
Kazue Saito
Kyoko Inoue
Latin Lover
Manami Toyota
Maniaco
Mariko Yoshida
May Flowers
Mayumi Yamamoto
Mephisto
Michiko Nagashima
Mima Shimoda
Nate the Rat
Numacchi
Pablo Márquez
Pentagón Black
Príncipe Maya
Ricky Marvin
Saki Hasegawa
Shiho Nakamigawa
Takako Inoue
Tomoko Watanabe
Tony Roy
Torbellino
Toshiyo Yamada

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• jhd1 changed the title to Wrestling Timelines: 1986 [Alpha 2.00 Released 08/05/2023]

Depending on the feedback that comes through, I anticipate that this will be the final alpha, and that the next release will be a beta. That's probably a few weeks away as I want to add a whole host of new yet to debut wrestlers to the mod and add a bit more polish to really make it a beta. So if you were holding off to start a new game, this is the time to begin :)

1 minute ago, jhd1 said:

NEW VERSION RELEASED

Links to the updated database and picture file can be found in the second post:

For anyone interested, here is the change log for this update (also contained in the mod-maker's whiteboard)....

Oh hey, literally just opened the thread to see if this had been posted yet! Excited to dive in. Grabbed the 1.00 data but didn't have a chance to start a game this weekend, looking forward to digging in proper. 

• Thanks 1

It seems MSG, NESN and Prism are missing in the broadcasters. I'm not sure if that was by design or you haven't gotten to it yet but I always enjoy booking that monthly MSG show with the WWF so I thought I would share. You can feel the effort and time put into this. Great work!

9 hours ago, Stennick said:

It seems MSG, NESN and Prism are missing in the broadcasters. I'm not sure if that was by design or you haven't gotten to it yet but I always enjoy booking that monthly MSG show with the WWF so I thought I would share. You can feel the effort and time put into this. Great work!

Yeah, I wasn't sure what to do about networks like those. My intention was to avoid having every local station like WMC-TV (Memphis) or KPTV (Portland) and use the Syndication (Region) broadcasters as a sort of catch-all for those. You'll see in some I started to make reference to these networks in the biography. That said, I'm not against adding in the more important networks if someone with more knowledge of US TV markets is able to give me some advice!

Thanks for the feedback too, much appreciated!

• Like 1

Is it possible to have an unknown or one of those businessman pictures in the pack?
I always use one of those when I create my own avatar for the mod, and it might be useful if a worker has a missing image.

19 hours ago, Ping von Erich said:

I like the catch-all syndication, personally. Keeps things even-steven and a lot less cluttered when looking for the right broadcaster. 

Agreed. While I love the flavor of being able to, say, run a New England Championship Wrestling: Live on NESN! the local syndication options are probably better and easier for the AI to deal with. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jugg said:

Is it possible to have an unknown or one of those businessman pictures in the pack?
I always use one of those when I create my own avatar for the mod, and it might be useful if a worker has a missing image.

Do you mean images of random people? I've put these two (in theory period-accurate) images together for you:

_UC1.gif_UC2.gif

I'm not going to do a free pictures pack because the game shouldn't be generating workers (except perhaps for refs and announcers etc.).

22 hours ago, Jugg said:

There's also The Puppet Master image which you could use if you don't want an actual face for your player.

1 hour ago, jhd1 said:

There's also The Puppet Master image which you could use if you don't want an actual face for your player.

Yeah, I was thinking more about something like this, a guy with no face rather than random people.
But I guess he will do the job for now, thanks.

Edited by Jugg
Typo

12 minutes ago, Jugg said:

Yeah, I was thinking more about something like this, a guy with no face rather than random people.
But I guess he will do the job for know, thanks.

I can convert the other ThunderVerse silhouette images too. I'll try and remember to get them done and posted tomorrow.

On 5/11/2023 at 6:15 PM, Jugg said:

But I guess he will do the job for now, thanks.

Converted ThunderVerse templates as promised:

Template_FAll.gif

Template_FRef.gif

Template_MBig.gif

Template_MHeavy.gif

Template_MMid.gif

Template_MRef.gif

Template_MSmall.gif

Template_MSuit.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RaptorMcFly said:

Every time I click on the link to get alpha 2, it only gives me alpha 1. I assume it is something I am doing wrong.

I've just downloaded it myself and it is definitely version two. Perhaps try deleting Alpha 1 first and then copying the new file over. The only other option I can think of is to clear your browser cache (or use another browser) in case it's choosing to give you the previously downloaded file instead.

Just had some fantastic AWA feedback from @yuanshu for the next update. One thing people might want to change right now is that the Vachons relationship currently includes Mad Dog Boyd instead of Mad Dog Vachon 🤬. They also spotted that Sheik Adnan and Skandor Akbar had the same image. Not sure how I managed that, but in the meantime here is a new image for Adnan.

image.gif

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Stennick said:

@jhd1 Maybe you discussed it and I just missed it but what was the reasoning for doing Superstars over Championship Wrestling? I know the switch to Superstars happens in September of this year but that feels like a ways away.

Just that, basically. I thought because Superstars had such a big role for the next decade it made more sense than Championship Wrestling. More for the AI than the player who could manage it okay, to be honest.

21 minutes ago, jhd1 said:

Just that, basically. I thought because Superstars had such a big role for the next decade it made more sense than Championship Wrestling. More for the AI than the player who could manage it okay, to be honest.

Thats kind of what I figured. And the AI explanation makes total sense.