How are the rankings calculated?

I've been playing the Dawn of MMA mod and I'm about 4 years into the save. However, I've got issues with the rakings of fighters in the company. I've had a guy go on a 7 fight win streak beating fighters above him in the rankings including the guy ranked 3rd and never got past being ranked 9th. Meanwhile the guy who has just become number 1 contender for a championship is 0-4 in the company and just lost to the champion in the main event when he was raked 3rd. Championship matches are becoming almost impossible to do because no moves up the rankings and the same people just remain at top. 

How exactly does the game calculate the rakings so I can try and get people moved up?

• 6 months later...
On 1/18/2023 at 9:17 PM, gtb321 said:

I've been playing the Dawn of MMA mod and I'm about 4 years into the save. However, I've got issues with the rakings of fighters in the company. I've had a guy go on a 7 fight win streak beating fighters above him in the rankings including the guy ranked 3rd and never got past being ranked 9th. Meanwhile the guy who has just become number 1 contender for a championship is 0-4 in the company and just lost to the champion in the main event when he was raked 3rd. Championship matches are becoming almost impossible to do because no moves up the rankings and the same people just remain at top. 

How exactly does the game calculate the rakings so I can try and get people moved up?

My #2 ranked Bantamweight is out for a year do to a failed drug test, but he's still ranked second. 
So I can only book title matches against 3rd or below (I had the champ vs #5, cause the 3 and 4 had already lost to him, but kept their ranking. 

• 1 month later...

I just make my own rankings on google sheets. If you don’t like google sheets could work just as well on something like notepad. Just tab out and update them after every event. Doesn’t take long & makes booking fights simpler because the in game rankings are broken. 

You do get penalised for giving a guy ranked too low a title shot, so if you’re actual number one contender is ranked let’s say #7 on the in game rankings, go on the editor & give him/her a boost. It’s hardly cheating if that fighter has beaten the majority of the people above them. 

Edited by ChadMiniMendes