What helps momentum?

Okay, so I'm fighting Brilliant White. It takes me bloody forever to work up my momentum, while wearing his down. Finally I get to about the 3/4 full mark, with his at zero and attempt one of my finishers. Of course it doesn't hit (because my finishers almost never hit - even when I have literally full momentum, with his at 0 and him being vulnerable). He hits a couple (and I mean 2 or 3) moves and next thing I know, my momentum is shot and he amazingly (not really since the computer usually hits their finishers) hits his finisher for the win. Now, what I want to know, are there external factors that influence momentum? Like say charisma, or popularity? I'm just getting terribly frustrated working my butt off trying to work theirs down, while working mine up only to get killed with a finisher out of nowhere two seconds later. :)

Momentum rises almost exclusively via the moves being performed. There is no secret to it, you can see exactly how momentum would change for each move by looking them up in the editor. Remember that if you're specifically wearing down his momentum then you're not getting any boost yourself, as moves that only deplete the opponent's supply do not effect yours. That could be why you are taking ages to build yours up.

My problem with the momentum meter is that if the opponent has the Superkick as a finisher, it doesn't matter how much momentum they have (as long as it's not completely empty) they nail me and pin me. I could be KILLING them, and they still nail me. That's fairly frustrating, since a lot of the "indy" guys use it as a finisher. *sigh* But yeah... certain moves deplete your opponent, others boost you. My ideal is that all of the trademarks I make boost me instead of knocking my opponent down... so that it's just like when in real wrestling, someone hits a signature move, the fans get behind them. Yeah. Anyway... I'm rambling. Right?

Heh... every other finisher, I break away from easy. It's just the superkick that kills me for some reason... I think it's because the pin percentage is way too high or something. It's not like the Superkick is a LEGIT finisher... some people have it as a setup. In reality, the Superkick COULD be, but only if it's trademarked... but some of these guys don't even use it as a trademark, it's just one of their moves. So, I lowered it's pin percentage. Because I thought that was ridiculously unrealistic. I guess I'm a cheater. :o

[QUOTE=MrKain]Heh... every other finisher, I break away from easy. It's just the superkick that kills me for some reason... I think it's because the pin percentage is way too high or something. It's not like the Superkick is a LEGIT finisher... some people have it as a setup. In reality, the Superkick COULD be, but only if it's trademarked... but some of these guys don't even use it as a trademark, it's just one of their moves. So, I lowered it's pin percentage. Because I thought that was ridiculously unrealistic. I guess I'm a cheater. :o[/QUOTE] I wouldn't call you a cheater. Everyone has their own views on what moves are effective finishers and what aren't. I'd agree that the Superkick should have a relatively low success rate but a maximum frequency since it's a finisher that's easy to snap off at a moment's notice and can be used to counter most in-ring situations. That's how I have it in my games (though I don't use it with anyone). I've changed and tweaked many moves that I felt were out of whack. *shrug* Fits my vision and playstyle better. I can tell you that if anyone uses the Key Lock, I'm done for, since that's probably the most effective finisher in my game.

Archived