Penalty for ignoring Groundswell Of Support

I wondered if more jeopardy could be injected into Groundswell Of Support situations, similar to how bookers can be pressured into changing course in real life to avoid a backlash.

If someone gets a Groundswell Of Support and you don't react decisively enough – they're not playing a major role in one of your three hottest storylines, beating recognisable opponents, closing shows or winning titles – you get punished.

Perhaps less popular babyfaces winning popular storylines/main eventing/holding titles ahead of the fans' pick would have their momentum drained over that period to simulate the fans rejecting their pushes, forcing you to strategise a way to keep the person you want to push hot while elevating the fan favourite.

I suspect it might be difficult to implement but could make for a fun challenge, writing as someone who tends to stick to a long-term plan rather than react quickly to changing circumstances.

• Like 6

I think that's an excellent suggestion, although I'd probably make the tweak that draining momentum isn't that big of a deal so the potential penalty would be better as something along the lines of penalising the segment ratings of the non-chosen babyface. That would have a greater impact and really force the booker to think hard.

• Like 4

I do like the idea of more depth surrounding the Groundswell Of Support attribute. But could there also situations where maybe you have two popular babyfaces, one with the Groundswell Of Support attribute, and one without it, and the one without it still receiving the intended positive reactions while being pushed instead of the one with the Groundswell Of Support attribute? Therefore not getting any penalty? I hope that made sense.