Tune down how often workers go into politics

I don't know if more people are playing with Randomness at a higher setting than Lower, and maybe it's my imagination, but it seems like I've seen some posts (usually on Reddit) lately about workers going into politics. And these are people in the prime of their careers. I could understand someone in their 40s who is a free agent or is not being utilized in the company they work for, but I wouldn't think workers getting a mega push in the prime of their careers would take away so much of their prime being involved in politics.

I know Adam has stated the last patch is most likely the last one, but maybe a reconsideration so that there can be one more to tune down how often workers get into politics? I understand if a cheat code can't be implemented just yet as that would most likely add to the coding of the game. But if even that is possible, that's another idea to throw out there. At the very least, maybe something to block workers under say, Age 44, from going into politics? I know we can turn down Randomness, but I'm sure there are players who like to have the other random elements of the game without having to worry about losing their star for three years going into politics, or someone they just signed the day before deciding that they're leaving to go into politics.

• Like 9

On 3/6/2023 at 9:26 AM, Zero said:

To add to this, I want a warning. I want to wrap things up for that person.

That's the main issue for me - when somebody is filming a movie or agrees to an MMA fight, you have a few weeks or months notice to finish up your plans with them, but when someone goes into politics it's immediate, and you might end up losing them for multiple years.

I'm a year into a game using the Millennium Bug 2000 mod, and I've had Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho and Jeff Jarrett all go into politics within a year, all while contracted to the WWF. I have random incidents set to High, so I know that's part of it, as I've spoken to other players who have never seen this happen at all. 

• Like 3

On 3/10/2023 at 8:18 AM, Zero said:

Yes!  In my 1920 game my whole entire main event left for politics

Lou Thesz, Buddy Rogers, Bull Curry, Freddie Blassie, and Paul Boesch.  

In my mind, they are running the local government together lol

Lou and Buddy moved to Houston. They're plotting Paul's run for Governor of Texas next. Hell, he'd have gotten my grandparents' votes. :D

But, seriously, I think anytime we're going to lose somebody for a length of time do to a choice they're making (politics, hiatus, anything else along those lines), we should get a warning of at least a month. Obviously, it would be different if it was a sudden thing. But, we get a warning when a woman gets pregnant. So, The Rock deciding he's running for mayor Miami should lead to him thinking about it long enough that his boss would know a month (or more, realistically) in advance.

St.T

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, aXminster said:

+1

I don't really care much about going into movies, TV or band tour. It's the politics that always gets in my nerves, because it happens way too often IMO and it's not realistic.

Maybe there could be a code like "nopolitics" if you want to disable it.

I agree. It should be super rare.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, aXminster said:

+1

I don't really care much about going into movies, TV or band tour. It's the politics that always gets in my nerves, because it happens way too often IMO and it's not realistic.

Maybe there could be a code like "nopolitics" if you want to disable it.

Exactly. I like all of the other random events such as Worker A starting a social media controversy; Worker B stooging off to the dirt sheets about how a company is run; workers going away for movies, TV, etc. because you get a notice for those, don't last forever & a day, & don't happen every second. The politics random events though are a bit too much.

• Like 1

100% to every reply. I can live with my top star leaving for that ... but not from one day for another. Imagine three days before Wrestlemania, your Champion says 'nope, I outta here for politics, bye!' ... it sucks.

Have it in the game? Sure!

Have a warning like everything else? Sure!

Have an attribute for a worker (or multiple)? Sure!

• Like 1