Asaemon's AmP Graphics (high quality JPGs)

20 hours ago, Mammoth said:

This picture (along with other referees from Florida) can be found on a Facebook post here in better quality. I'm sure Asa has still done a good job with it, but thought I'd share anyway.

That was a great link. I've saved the majority of the referees in the to do folder.

• Like 1

I love that 92 Stevie Ray. Another one that I use in the early 90's games that wasn't always the clearest picture in the world. Great looking upgrade. 

I have some more pictures that I have not seen restored in or some cases at all. As always do them whenever you can or if you choose to I just thought some of them were pretty neat and most are not included in any pic pack that I have seen. 

Venum - He's been in one or two mods he was born in 1975 with alter egos such as Venum Black and part of the Power Raider series. He wrestled a few times on Raw in late late 97 in the LHW division. 

X-Fly -  I've seen him in a few mods so I don't think I'm pretty sure he was born in 1978. 

Dark Destiny - Duane Hill another a mask but I'm a sucker for Duane Gill and Barry Hardy and I thought the picture would make for a fun jobber alt. 

Killshot - Not a ton of Killshot pictures in pic packs that I've seen and its a personal favorite persona of mine so I thought I'd include a picture. 

Munsey Millaway - When WGHP host Charlie Harville would break away to do local spots for his home market of Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point, WLOS would break away simultaneously and air their own local spots for the upcoming shows at the Asheville City Auditorium. These spots were taped at the studios of WLOS-TV. The host for these segments was Munsey. He was the sports director at WLOS in the late 1960s and early 1970s. He sat at a desk with a wall behind him which was full of 8x10 black and white photographs of various wrestlers taken by Gene Gordon. Millaway would often be joined by Paul Winkhaus the local promoter for Jim Crockett, Sr. He and Millaway would announce and discuss the upcoming matches for Asheville. I couldn't find exactly but I believe he was born in 1938. 

Paul Winkhaus - Paul promoted Greenville, Asheville, Anderson, and smaller towns in that area for Jim Crockett Promotions for several decades. He also co-hosted some promotional segments on WLOS-13 out of Asheville, NC, for the local shows at the Asheville Auditorium in the late 1960s and early 1970s. The segments were taped at the WLOS studio and were hosted and produced by then WLOS sports director Munsey Millaway. Paul was born in 1905 and passed away in 1974. 

Pomp & Circumstance - Ace Rockwell (left) and Shaun Tempers (right). I don't have a birthday for either of these guys but they debuted in 2001. They both are active on social media I just don't know how to ask someone for their birthday on social media without sounding like a Nigerian Prince email scam haha. 

Ray Reeve - born in 1901 Reeve was the original host of All Star Wrestling which became MACW. He hosted the  shows in the late 50s and early 60s as they were recorded before a live audience in WRAL-TV's Studio. In its on-air and print promotion, WRAL-TV referred to Ray Reeve as the “Dean of Sportscasters,” and it turns out his contemporaries agreed. In 1967 Reeve was elected to the NC Sports Hall of Fame—becoming the first broadcaster to be so honored.

Venum.jpeg

X-Fly.jpg

Duane Gill Dark Destiny.webp

Killshot.jpg

Munsey.jpg

Paul Wink.jpg

Pomp & Circumstance Ace Rockwell & Shaun Tempers.jpg

Ray Reeve WRAL.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stennick said:

I love that 92 Stevie Ray. Another one that I use in the early 90's games that wasn't always the clearest picture in the world. Great looking upgrade. 

I have some more pictures that I have not seen restored in or some cases at all. As always do them whenever you can or if you choose to I just thought some of them were pretty neat and most are not included in any pic pack that I have seen. 

Venum - He's been in one or two mods he was born in 1975 with alter egos such as Venum Black and part of the Power Raider series. He wrestled a few times on Raw in late late 97 in the LHW division. 

X-Fly -  I've seen him in a few mods so I don't think I'm pretty sure he was born in 1978. 

Dark Destiny - Duane Hill another a mask but I'm a sucker for Duane Gill and Barry Hardy and I thought the picture would make for a fun jobber alt. 

Killshot - Not a ton of Killshot pictures in pic packs that I've seen and its a personal favorite persona of mine so I thought I'd include a picture. 

Munsey Millaway - When WGHP host Charlie Harville would break away to do local spots for his home market of Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point, WLOS would break away simultaneously and air their own local spots for the upcoming shows at the Asheville City Auditorium. These spots were taped at the studios of WLOS-TV. The host for these segments was Munsey. He was the sports director at WLOS in the late 1960s and early 1970s. He sat at a desk with a wall behind him which was full of 8x10 black and white photographs of various wrestlers taken by Gene Gordon. Millaway would often be joined by Paul Winkhaus the local promoter for Jim Crockett, Sr. He and Millaway would announce and discuss the upcoming matches for Asheville. I couldn't find exactly but I believe he was born in 1938. 

Paul Winkhaus - Paul promoted Greenville, Asheville, Anderson, and smaller towns in that area for Jim Crockett Promotions for several decades. He also co-hosted some promotional segments on WLOS-13 out of Asheville, NC, for the local shows at the Asheville Auditorium in the late 1960s and early 1970s. The segments were taped at the WLOS studio and were hosted and produced by then WLOS sports director Munsey Millaway. Paul was born in 1905 and passed away in 1974. 

Pomp & Circumstance - Ace Rockwell (left) and Shaun Tempers (right). I don't have a birthday for either of these guys but they debuted in 2001. They both are active on social media I just don't know how to ask someone for their birthday on social media without sounding like a Nigerian Prince email scam haha. 

Ray Reeve - born in 1901 Reeve was the original host of All Star Wrestling which became MACW. He hosted the  shows in the late 50s and early 60s as they were recorded before a live audience in WRAL-TV's Studio. In its on-air and print promotion, WRAL-TV referred to Ray Reeve as the “Dean of Sportscasters,” and it turns out his contemporaries agreed. In 1967 Reeve was elected to the NC Sports Hall of Fame—becoming the first broadcaster to be so honored.

Venum.jpeg

X-Fly.jpg

Killshot.jpg

Munsey.jpg

Paul Wink.jpg

Ray Reeve WRAL.jpg

Make a Cagematch account, the birth dates will show up (if they know them) those Rockwell and Tempers are available. If there's anybody you want a date of birth for, and can't find on Cagematch/wrestlingdata/Wikipedia, ask and I will see if I can help 👍

Edited by Jason Phoenix
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 11:40 PM, Stennick said:

Venum.jpeg

X-Fly.jpg

Killshot.jpg

Munsey.jpg

Paul Wink.jpg

Ray Reeve WRAL.jpg

All these pictures have been enhanced, colorized and cut into AmP format.

23 hours ago, Kubikiri Asa said:

DEfOff6.png

Man I was really excited and wondering what you could do with this. I like it. Especially since this seems to be more of a drawing (the original) than an actual photo and given the fact that the source is from the 50's thats really incredible. Seriously everytime you do a preview it makes September that much farther way for me :)

On 7/23/2023 at 11:18 PM, alvarasus said:

Can't wait to see what you have added in the update. 

If counting low and only Z to S there are 3517 worker pictures. Some stuff are pretty unique since I've not seen it online and had to scan it from magazines and books.

23 hours ago, Stennick said:

Man I was really excited and wondering what you could do with this. I like it. Especially since this seems to be more of a drawing (the original) than an actual photo and given the fact that the source is from the 50's thats really incredible. Seriously everytime you do a preview it makes September that much farther way for me :)

A clean up and some color can make a lot of difference. Enhancing all these images, makes me wanna sign and push talent I never cared for earlier (due to the available images).

19 hours ago, Mattywood said:

Love the Steven De Truth cuts! Very underrated early GWF character, in my humble opinion.

I wish I had a better source image than this.

This would make a great picture.