Long term C-Verse saves

Hello all! Just wanted to open a discussion about how people keep long term saves fresh/enjoyable/ not repetitive over time.

One thing I’ve noticed on the few 4/5 years +saves that I’ve had is that finances are very … well … easy, most promotions are filthy rich a few years in, and a lot of new promotions (wether they be yet to open ones or game generated ones) struggle to last much more than a couple of years.

Owning your own broadcaster to me atleast almost feels like cheating, so for that reason alone I try to avoid doing that. 

Some of the things I do to keep things fresh mainly revolve around aesthetics, for instance changing skins between saves helps a lot, having a good stock of free pics made by the super talented people on here, alt title belts, custom titles belts etc

Overall I’m just interested to hear peoples thoughts :) 

• Like 3

Love this topic.  While I have never played in the original database thoroughly, here are my tips if you are playing as a major player

1) Do not sign everyone.  Have a limit on your roster.  

2) If you are not using someone in a program, release them.

3) Do not sign everyone to a written deal.  Let talent develop elsewhere.  

4) Release your big fish.  I typically will let my top talent walk after five years (or earlier depending on the situation.  I sign everyone to two-three year deals (or less, unless I'm in a bidding war, then I will go back and edit their contract to minimum time)

5) I usually pick one random talent and develop.  Someone totally random will be my pet project.

• Like 3

1. Absolutely agree with Zero on "not signing everyone". Saves will be boring and repetitive if you're gonna sign all the best prospects every time.

2. Not sure about that 'cause i didn't try yet, but maybe downgrading the economy level in some area of the game will slow down companies' enrichment.

3. Avoid playing a major company with TV shows every week 'cause you'll have a mental breakdown soon lol.

4. Don't be afraid of using the editor from time to time to fix smaller things for other companies run by AI.

• Like 2

Some others I thought of:

1) When it comes to finances, every year or so cut the finances down.  Makes it realistic.  Or, give a ton away.  For example, if there are promotions in the red, I will give them a couple million.  

2) If you lose your television deal (this happens to me because I need to always have 89 shows to remain in primetime), do not make a broadcaster.  Instead, let your promotion flounder for a year (or several).  Cut your top players, let deals run out, etc.  

3) Lose bidding wars on purpose.  

• Like 2

I'm just about to restart this save idea I've been doing since around last year, the concept is a long term save where I jump from company to company at set intervals, so far I've made it to 2027 and have two three year stints in the companies ELPF & APW, its been a lot of fun! I'm debating having to open my own custom promotion or waiting again for the booker position to get available, also maybe changing the year lengths, but I digress. I posted the first post I did on it for background, but I would recommend modding the default database, its really fun, adds variety, and can make for some really fun moments since the bigger the database, the more whacky side stories natural generate in my opinion. CWA for example was doing okay, but after 1 bad showing fired Steve DeColt, hired The Force, and he killed the company in little over a year, not by bad AI, but just generally him not being a good owner! Also having more workers makes the ballooning promotions make more sense, and adds actual indies with smaller companies that won't get TV instantly.

to be an evil devils advocate, I'd recommend playing with major TV with THIS style, as I HEAVILY Plan out storylines, so having big angles and matches already makes TV less of a hassle, even without using the autobooker! I also use the Road to Glory RNG reward/penalty system with a few extra ones thrown in, it makes for a whacky and fun challenge when it gives you bad stuff, and feels rewarding when you need a pop or cash boost!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MaiTyLer said:

I'm just about to restart this save idea I've been doing since around last year, the concept is a long term save where I jump from company to company at set intervals, so far I've made it to 2027 and have two three year stints in the companies EL

I love this idea.  A save where you work for a different promotion each year.  Following their styles, etc.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JrSquared said:

How do you mix up long saves? Im in October of 2025 and not sure how I wanna proceed. Like I have storyline plans in place. 

Write down three main event talents you cannot lose.

Write down three mid-upper card talents you cannot lose.

Put all the names in a hat. 

Draw 2.

Release/fire those two.

Additionally, I like to create rivalries.  I ask myself how can I create a legendary feud?  So I will book super long term.  Plus I love stables.  But anytime I start losing interest in a game, I will release a mega talent.  For example, in my 85-2014 game, I was getting bored.  In the span of one year I did the following:

Released: Brock Lesnar, AJ Styles, The PowerHouse Free Birds, Fergal Devitt, and Lord Tensai and had them all sign with All Japan to form THE CLUB

Additionally, I'm preparing to release Bryan Danielson, Claudio C, and force them to sign with NJPW.

Make the game interesting.

• Like 1

I can only echo what Zero said. Planning ahead is obviously important to book cohesively, but don't be scared to deviate from your plans if the game gets boring. The game can get frustrating when you're months, maybe even years ahead in your head, or on a spreadsheet, and it just devolves into a bunch of clicking to play catch-up. And that's not to say pull a Vince McMahon and throw all your plans over board every other week, but try to mix it up every once in a while. And always try to have something to look forward to. A debut, turn, reaching a particular point in a longer storyline, anything. 

As far as general tips for a longer save, try to make the game world your sandbox. Don't just look at your own company, but follow the others aswell. Help them not go out of business so the world doesn't get stale, maybe add a new player and play them for a week or so just to hire specific workers, etc. What I always like doing is establishing a new division/title in AI companies and then just follow how they book it. Like in my real world save, I gave WCW a TV title and set it to always defend on every weekly show. It was madness. What I've always liked doing in the C-Verse is give TCW and SWF their women's titles, and setting "Women's Wrestling" to medium in their product, and seeing how the world evolves from that.

• Like 5

I find turning injuries up to just below the max is crucial for long saves as it will force you to improvise. You have to be ok with potentially losing your star worker, or book them so safe to mitigate injury that you're willing to sacrifice the potential ratings they could have done. After all, while it would objectively help, do you really wanna risk your Roman Reigns getting hurt on a throwaway tv show?

- Nominate a tenured wrestler for a feel good/nostalgia title run. Not necessarily a world title, but its a lot easier to always book the young guys in favor of the declining vets. Having to find a way to work around the deficiencies of an old veteran might be a little more difficult depending on how far deep they are.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Teh_Showtime said:

find turning injuries up to just below the max is crucial for long saves as it will force you to improvise. You have to be ok with potentially losing your star worker, or book them so safe to mitigate injury that you're willing to sacrifice the potential ratings they could have done

Oh my god, yes!  I turned this to the maximum in my 1920-present day game, and it is a game changer.  At one point, I had to use the actual "scroll" on the injury list.  

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 12:46 AM, ShikariFC said:

Owning your own broadcaster to me atleast almost feels like cheating, so for that reason alone I try to avoid doing that.

I cap my own broadcaster sizes at Tiny to be realistic. If you're playing a modern day save it does add a lot of realism and a new challenge that I think gets overlooked to have exposure in markets that you have no pop in.

If you're a Japanese promotion and have a broadcaster that's Tiny in America (with Natural Growth Limits on full) it allows your workers to gain pop in markets that your promotion doesn't. So for example you're playing as Burning Hammer and your Major Star gets to pop 40 in the USA, while you're still at 18, now there's a chance that USPW, TCW or SWF try to poach them. If you had no exposure in those other territories you wouldn't have that threat.

I also like to use the following contract negotiation rules to give me a challenge:

- You can only make 1 offer to a worker. No counters. If the CPU outbids your first offer you lose the talent.

- Your first offer must be "one of the offers they would strongly consider." If your offer gets a "I will definitely consider signing with you..." response you must lower your offer.

- If your internal worker gets a bid after you give them an initial offer you can't adjust your offer either.

This means if you want to keep your stars you need to work hard at managing relationships and making friends on your roster or doing post show speeches to build loyalty.

Another thing I do to keep the game fun is add in tension to my roster. If I poach a worker from another company, I have to choose 1 worker in my promotion who is at a similar popularity/perception level and give them simmering tension with the new worker.

So for example if I'm USPW and I steal Rocky Golden from SWF, then I have to give Rocky Golden and Nicky Champion Simmering tension to simulate that "is this guy going to take my spot" tension that arises in those situations IRL. I do this all the way down the card, so if I bring in a 50 pop midcarder, I give them simmering tension with a current 50 pop midcarder on my roster.

Then the challenge is on me to smooth things over and get that tension removed through pre-show meddling.

Edited by d12345
  • Like 7

Has anyone messed with hiring rules? Has it been successful at all? I kinda want to add USPW will only sign domestic workers, TCW likely to go after athletic/worker types, and SWF to go after types with charisma or something. 

Im in 2025 in PSW save. I just messed with some rookies randomly & going to avoid signing just to see how they turn out. I made Jay Chord into like a Hogan/HBK like guy w/ attributes. How else do people manipulate the world? 

• Like 2

On 6/6/2023 at 2:43 PM, Wrestling Machine said:

2. Not sure about that 'cause i didn't try yet, but maybe downgrading the economy level in some area of the game will slow down companies' enrichment.

How do you do this in game just out of interest? 

15 hours ago, ShikariFC said:

How do you do this in game just out of interest? 

Create a narrative and import it (or edit one that already passed). In the effects options at the bottom of a narrative in the editor you can have it tank or boom the wrestling industry or economy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d12345 said:

Create a narrative and import it (or edit one that already passed). In the effects options at the bottom of a narrative in the editor you can have it tank or boom the wrestling industry or economy.

This or just low (as possible) industry level and economy level from the editor before starting a new save ;)

Make money in TEW2020 is just tooooooo easy

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

This or just low (as possible) industry level and economy level from the editor before starting a new save ;)

Make money in TEW2020 is just tooooooo easy

Oh right I also forgot that you can create an era at any time that has lower TV and PPV ratings

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/6/2023 at 3:46 AM, ShikariFC said:

Hello all! Just wanted to open a discussion about how people keep long term saves fresh/enjoyable/ not repetitive over time.

One thing I’ve noticed on the few 4/5 years +saves that I’ve had is that finances are very … well … easy, most promotions are filthy rich a few years in, and a lot of new promotions (wether they be yet to open ones or game generated ones) struggle to last much more than a couple of years.

Some of the things I do to keep things fresh mainly revolve around aesthetics, for instance changing skins between saves helps a lot, having a good stock of free pics made by the super talented people on here, alt title belts, custom titles belts etc

Overall I’m just interested to hear peoples thoughts :) 

there's a litany of cheat codes you can use, including one that shakes up the entire game world by making everyone unemployed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 2:04 AM, Michael Wayne said:

there's a litany of cheat codes you can use, including one that shakes up the entire game world by making everyone unemployed.

Whats the code for that? Its not in the list with "empleh" the former code "shakeitup" doesnt work anymore I think

Edited by JrSquared