ECW: The Complete History

• 2 weeks later...

I hate posting this but I have some bad news.

My laptop died. Donezo. Shut down and sh~t the bed. Since then, I got a Mac and am trying to get TEW set up on this thing. Still haven't figured it out.

Luckily most of my files were saved to the cloud... except my TEW files. So I'm starting fresh with the game without any save files. Which means unfortunately this diary has come to an end.

But let's keep it kayfabe: BREAKING: Tod Gordon goes bankrupt trying to run shows in Philadelphia. The Extreme Championship Wrestling closes less than a year after the Tri-State Wrestling Alliance. Can anybody run the territory successfully?

Before bidding you adieu, here are some long-term plans I had for the game:

• I was always planning on kayfabe ending the diary in the year 2000 - 8 years is a good run for a company.
  • The Sandman was the first champion and was going to be the last.
  • I was going to shock the board by killing off Eddie Gilbert in '93, then picking up the pieces as Paul E. Dangerously.
  • Tommy Dreamer, Taz, and Sabu would be introduced in 1993.
  • I was going to try to establish a working relationship with All Japan Pro Wrestling and get a Misawa/Kobashi match in America
  • New Jack was going to be one of my top stars throughout the diary, but never winning the big one
  • Sad 10

Ah, that sucks, especially if you had an outline all the way through to 2000 in mind. It's been a brilliant read and even inspired me to revisit some 1992 and early 1993 ECW and consider starting a 1992 ECW save. At least you go out on top as the deserved July dynasty of the month, and it was good closure to read some of the future plans you had.

• Like 2

This was a very good diary, which a lot of people enjoyed, myself included. There's been a lot of ECW diaries, but hardly anyone thought of going back to Eastern times - it was good to see this time capsule style diary.

The dirt sheet format, with photos from the time, really brought it to life.

I challenge you, once your motivation is restored, to do another one.

• Like 3

Aw that's a bummer. I really liked the layout of the diary and the idea, so it's sad to see it go. I have already read about your issues with your laptop yesterday (time zones are a coooool thing) so it wasn't a real shocker for me now. Still sad though.

Edited by CGN91
  • Like 1