Spirit Pro Wrestling

(This is a game that combines both Cornellverse and the real world. I may use them, but right now SPW does not have any Cornellverse workers.) [i]Story: The year was 2005. WWE was at the top of their game. They really shouldnt have been, though- after all, their storylines were horrible, their wrestlers were too green, and some of their best talent were shifted to the midcard. People were growing tired, and were looking for a change. TNA and ROH were great alternatives, but eventually they were going to need someone to finally topple WWE and become the number one promotion in the wrestling industry. Enter Spirit Pro Wrestling. SPW opened in Decmember 2005 and quickly rose to the top. Their great storylines, awesome matches, and their devotion to their fanbase caught interest to not only fans, but wrestlers as well. Legends such as Jushin Thunder Lyger, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, and others became a part of the promotion. By 2010, they were at the top of their game. The other three companies continued to achive sucess and eventally they all became global phenomenons as well. But they couldnt compare to the company that was for the fans, by the fans: SPW.[/i] SPW competes under two brands. One carries the company name, Spirit Pro Wrestling. They have a two hour program each Monday night. Current Roster (as of March 2010:) Ambismo Negro Austin Aries (SPW International Champion) B-Boy BJ Whitmer Chad Collyer Chavo Guerrero Chris Hero Christian York Claudio Castagnoli CM Punk (SPW Champion) Danny Doring James Storm Jimmy Rave Ken Doane Ken Kennedy Kensuke Sasaki Kid Kash Matt Capotelli Nick Berk Nick Dinsmore (SPW Dual Brand Champion) Nigel McGuiness Nunzio Paul London Rob Conway (SPW Dual Brand Champion) Roderick Strong Shelton Benjamin Super Dragon Tony Mamaluke (SPW Quickspeed Champion) The second brand is World Championship Wrestling. SPW bought the rights to the name from WWE during a financial crisis within the company a few years prior. WCW has one show on a Saturday, which is simply called WCW. SPW officals are waiting for their contract with the network that airs WCW to be up for negotaitons so the 1 hour program (which was previously a B-show for SPW before the brand split occoured) to become a 2 hour program. Alex Shelly Bobby Lashley Booker T Brian Kendrick Bruce Pritchard Bryan Danielson Carlito Chris Benoit Chris Jericho Chris Sabin Christian (WCW Tag Team Champion) Doug Basham Edge (WCW Tag Team Champion) Jay Lethal (WCW Cruiserweight Champion) Johnny Nitro Low-Ki Matt Hardy Paul Birchill (WCW United States Champion) Rey Mysterio (WCW Champion) Ricky Reyes Renee Dupree Rocky Romero Tajiri Takihero Murahama Yuji Nagata SPW also recently aquired a child company, Full-Scale Pro. The first results will be posted here shortly. This is the flagship show of SPW, a four hour event called [i]Glory[/i]. I will only be posting results for PPV's. There will be biweekly Newsletters letting you know the latest happenings in SPW, including contract signings, quick results for both brands, and news in the other top companys in my game- OVW (they split from WWE a while ago and became huge), ECW, TNA, WWE, and ROH.

I accidently posted the show twice. Whoops. But while i have this space anyway, there's also a Royal Rumble-esque show held in January called Battle for the Gold. Edge won it this year, so that's why Christian will be in a handicap match on the show. The two will return as a team after the show. enjoy :)

WrestleScope.Com's Glory V Recap by: Steven Smith Week 4, March 2010 A video package rolls of each Glory PPV that has passed since the show's inception in 2006. The first one featured a huge battle royal; Bryan Danielson managed to win it and become the top dog of the company at the time. 2007 featured an elimination match between longtime champion Jushin Thunder Lyger, Chris Harris, who seperated from his AMW buddy James Storm, and the unstoppable Samoa Joe. The two clashed in a unforgetable match that saw Harris defy the odds to become the SPW champion. 2008 saw a completely different main event, however- Champion Bryan Danielson defended his title against the OTHER member of AMW- James Storm. Storm couldn't do what his partner did, and Danielson retained his championship. And last year, the fresh champion Bobby Lashley came to defend his belt against Booker T. The two clashed, with Lashley retaining his championship. And now here we are, at Glory V: Breakdown. Two huge main events are before us: a fatal fourway match for the WCW Championship will ensue as longtime champion Rey Mysterio defends his title against Chris Jericho, Booker T, and Edge. The SPW title will also be on the line. Ambiso Negro had awlays been at the top of the SPW roster, but never managed to win the gold. CM Punk holds the gold that he wants so desperately..will he manage to hold on to the gold? Pyro emits from the ATELL Arena in Little Rock, AK as we already see a number of workers in the ring. The announcer states that the winner of the battle royal will be able to choose a title shot that he wants for the next PPV, entitled [i]Aftermath[/i]. [b]Match 1: Interpromotional Battle Royal[/b] A lot of the undercard is in the ring, including Castagoli, Doug Bassham, Alex Shelly, and others. The final four consists of Chris Sabin, Austin Aries, James Storm, and B-Boy. B-Boy is quickly eliminated after an enziguri and clothesline from Sabin. Aries is out next. The final two square off, and after the 18 minute mark, Storm finally eliminates Sabin in a close contest. So i guess Storm will be gunning for the SPW title again? [i]winner: James Storm @ 18:52 (B)[/i] A package rolls for the Hero/York fued. Chris Hero and Christian York combined forces when they joined SPW a year ago, becoming the Suicide Blonds. They captured the titles, and held them for a long while. But once they lost the titles, York became a little agitated. He believed that Hero was holding him down. Last month at Xtreme Measures, they went for the titles again, but lost. Furious, York laid out Hero with a steel chair. Now Hero is looking for revenge. [b]Match 2: Chris Hero vs Christan York[/b] This was a classic match. The two started some technichal manuvers, but once York slapped Hero across the face, Hero exploded. He took York out of the ring, and the two brawled throughout the arena. Hero finally hit the Heroes Welcome for the 3 count. The fans was REALLY into this. I guess it was time for Hero to break out on his own; he had been getting the far better reactions. [i]winner: Chris Hero @ 9:56 (A)[/i] [b]Match 3- Jay Lethal vs Low Ki. 30 Minute Ironman match for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship[/b] The story here is that Lethal was looking for someone to challenge him, and Low Ki was right up his alley. Lethal said that since he wanted a real challenge, that they would go 30 minutes under Ironman rules, and Ki agreed. This was another classic match, with the crowd white hot with every mood. Low Ki won, hitting the Ki Krusher 99. [i]winner and NEW WCW Cruiserweight Champion: Low Ki @ 30:00 (A)[/i] [b]Match 4: Handicap Match: The Havana Pitbulls (Ricky Reyes and Rocky Romero) vs Christan[/b] Poor Christian. With his partner going for the title tonight, he has to face the bloodthirsty Pitbulls by himself. He gave up a very good effort, with some near falls. Reyes seemed to be more technichal in the ring than in his previous encounters. The Pitbulls won, with Romero hitting the La Bamba for the win. Looks like they are next in line for the WCW tag titles.. [i]Winners: The Havana Pitbulls @ 15:31 (A)[/i] [b]Match 5: Paul London vs Danny Doring for the SPW International Championship[/b] Danny Doring is great in his role right now. Lately he's been saying that since he was awarded the "2009 Wrestler of the Year" by the wrestling media, he should be at the top of his promotion. He instead set his sights on the International championship- and Paul London. The two didn't seem to click, but still managed to pull off a pretty good match. London hit the London Calling and managed to retain his championship. [i]Winner: Paul London @ 24:46 (B+)[/i] [b]Match 6: Bobby Lashley vs Ken Kennedy (Steel Cage)[/b] This match brought an "old school" feel to it. both WCW and SPW represntives picked two of their best workers and put them in that cage, and they went on to have a great brawl. Kennedy hit the Kenton Bomb and escaped the cage to win the match. I hope they put some gold on him soon. [i]Winner: Ken Kennedy @ 23:21 (A)[/i] Chad Collyer comes out and says that he feels left out. Last year, he was at the top, gunning for the SPW title, but he never had the chance to get it. Since then, it's been nothing but a downward spiral for him. Tonight, however, was going to be different. He challenged anyone out in the back for a match, and his old rival Chris Benoit came out to a huge pop. He hasn't been on televison for months. Benoit wins it at 22:46 with the Flying Headbutt. (A) [b]Match 8: Rey Mysterio vs Chris Jericho vs Edge vs Booker T for the WCW Championship[/b] This match delivered, and more. This was announced as an elimination match, and suprisingly Edge was eliminated first after a bookend from Booker T. I guess they arent ready for him to go all the way yet. Booker T is then eliminated after a 619 from Rey. Rey and Jericho, a 3 time SPW champion, battle it out until finally Rey hits the seated senton for the 3 count. This makes Rey Mysterio's 16th title defense sucessful. [i]Winner: Rey Mysterio @ 29:46 (A+)[/i] [b]Match 8: CM Punk vs Ambiso Negro for the SPW Championship[/b] This was another good match, but it wasn't up to the same standards from the last match. These two gave it all they got. Negro even managed to kick out from the Pepsi Plunge. CM Punk also kicked out of the Marinette. However, CM Punk managed to make Negro tap out to the Anaconda Vyse. Negro seemed very upset after the match, but CM Punk extended his hand. Negro at first shook it, but then spat at his face. He delivered the Marinette again and then hit Punk directly in the face with a steel chair. He took the SPW title and left up the enterance way. The show ends with a bloody CM Punk being attended to by EMT's [i]Winner: CM Punk @ 31:36 (A)[/i]

[b]SPW Newsletter for Week 1-2, April.com by: Steven Smith, WrestleScope.com[/b] Hello all, and welcome to the first editon of the SPW Newsletter. First off, we experienced a major title change a few weeks ago on an edition of SPW, as Austin Aries defeated Paul London for the SPW International Championship. Paul London has used the rematch clause in his contract, and these two will go at it again at SPW Aftermath in two weeks. Also at Aftermath, we found out last week that James Storm will use his title match at Aftermath, and it will be for CM Punk's SPW Title. Given the fact that SPW officals have been really impressed by Storm since his return to SPW earlier this year, it comes to no surprise. B-Boy is currently renegotiating his SPW contract. SPW hopes to sign him to another 18 month deal. SPW was looking to sign NJPW wrestler Charilie Hass to a contract. Since leaving the WWE, Hass made a name for himself in NJPW, winning their Jr. Heavyweight championship 3 times. However, Hass renegoiated his contract with NJPW, and will not be joining SPW anytime soon. CM Punk has not been seen since his title defense at Glory. They played this off last week, introducing Ambiso's new valet, former SPW Women's Champion Allison Danger. She said that she was glad that Ambiso would face Kennedy at Aftermath, because she wants to prove a point about how dominant Ambiso can be. After Aftermath, Ambiso would be going for the title no matter who is champion. The tag team divison right in SPW is really lacking, and it's showing. There is talk of a Chad Collyer/Roderick Strong tag team, and they teamed up on SPW a few weeks ago, losing to the Technichal Deviants (Ken Doane and Nigel McGuiness). Also, a tag team consisting of Yuji Nagata and Tajiri is in talks. Chris Hero and Christian York continue to go under each others skins, and the two will face off at Aftermath as well. Look for Nick Berk to get a new gimmick. The former SPW Dual Brand champion is going to be repackaged as a complainer, holding up signs on his way down to the ring. This might possibly start as early as next week, leading to a possible QuickSpeed title match between him and Tony Mamaluke at Aftermath. longtime SPW ref Eric and James Storm have been seen getting along recently. The next PPV will be a WCW only PPV event called No Regrets. Rumored is a match between Rey Mysterio and Chris Sabin. Looking outside of SPW, the rest of the "Big Five" aren't faring too good. WWE held their Wrestlemania 27 event last week, with Big Cat Brandon retaining the WWE title against Peter Valentine. The worst part was Gerald Brisco winning the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. Didn't this happen years ago, when Chavo Classic won the very same title? Ugh. Over in ROH, they held their Best of the American Super Juniors event. Excalibur defeated Daniel Puder to retain the Pure title, and Billy Russell defeated Joshua Hesketh to retain the ROH title. Nothing going on in OVW. Angry Gilmore has been on a rampage since winning the title from Roadkill. TNA, sadly, is still the land of the big men. On Impact last week, Champion Mark Copani (the former Muhammed Hasssan) defeated Raven in the main event, while Test and Skull Debones, or Onsalaught retained their NWA Tag Team Championship. Finally, Mark Jindrak retained his X divison title against Ron Killings. Explain to me why Jindrak is in the divons to start with? That is all for this edition. Check out the next editon, where we will have even more SPW news, signing, squabbles, and more! card for Aftermath (Week 4, April 2010) SPW Championship James Storm vs CM Punk (c) SPW International Championship Austin Aries (c) vs Paul London Ambiso Negro vs Ken Kennedy SPW Tag Team Championship Power Play (Rob Conway and Nick Dinsmore) vs ??? Last Man Standing Chris Hero vs Christian York SPW Quickspeed Championship Tony Mamaluke vs Nick Berk (possible)

[b]WrestleScope.Com's SPW Newsletter #2 by: Steve Smith[/b] Just a few quick notes this week. -Nick Berk vs Tony Mamaluke has been confirmed to take place tommorow at Aftermath. -BJ Whitmer suffered from a disrupted anus (no, really!), but was fine after one week. -SPW was interested in bringing in Christopher Daniels to take part in the SPW tag team match at Aftermath, but the ECW star resigned with his company. The plan right now is to have the Technichal Deviants take on Power Play (Nick Dinsmore and Rob Conway) for the SPW Tag Team championship. -SPW is really intrested in sigining FSP star Flex to a contract. Flex, the FSP Champion, will continue to work in the promotion if signed. -More names considered are Dan Stone Jr and Acid. Stone has appealed to many in SPW, while Acid worked in SPW for a bit as an enhancement talent. -Stars currently signed with SPW but are in FSP right now include Seth Skyfire, Frankie Kazarian, Harry Smith, and Chance Beckett. There are rumors that Skyfire and Beckett might be brought up as a tag team. -Expect a major "spring cleaning" of releases to come after Aftermath. -There will be a draft following the June PPV. 5 SPW stars will move to WCW, and vice versa. That's all for this edition. See you in 14! (ooc: last chance to do predictions, as im writing Aftermath right now..!)

WrestleScope.com's Aftermath Recap by: Haley Winters Steve Smith is out tonight, so Haley Winters is here tonight to recap SPW's latest PPV, Aftermath. Dark Matches: Nunzio defeated BJ Whitmer with the Arriverderchi. (B+) Roderick Strong defeated Claudio Castagoli with a CX 03. (B) A package rolls, featuring Ambiso Negro and CM Punk. We then cut to the Interpromotional Battle Royal, with Chris Sabin being eliminated by James Storm. We then go to the pyro, and the music of Christian York is heard as we start off the match. [b]Match 1: Chris Hero vs Christan York (Last Man Standing)[/b] Pretty good match. Christian York seems out of Hero's leauge by now though. I guess Hero will be the HBK, while York will be the Marty Janetty. This is pretty much proven when Hero DDT's York onto a steel chair, and York was unable to get up by the count of 10. Hero celebrates after. [i]winner: Chris Hero @ 18:55 (B+)[/i] A package rolls for the Berk/Mamaluke match. Berk started carrying signs to the ring for his matches. During a match between Mamaluke and BJ Whitmer, he carried a sign saying "I Want a Title Shot". Mamaluke will be giving him one tonight. [b]Match 2: Nick Berk vs Tony Mamaluke (QuickSpeed Championship)[/b] Berk's sign this week: "New QuickSpeed Champion". Good, fast paced match here. One spot was where Berk went for a shooting star press from the apron but crashed into a table. Mamaluke took advantage of this and hit a springboard DDT to retain his championship. [i]winner: Tony Mamaluke @ 9:56 (B)[/i] [b]Match 3: Power Play vs Techinchal Deviants (Dual Brand Championship)[/b] Good match. Techinchal Deviants are back for a third run; they started working together in 2007 and both have made an impact on the promotion since then. However, they weren't able to do it tonight, as the newly formed Power Play were just too much for them. Nick Dinsmore defeated Nigel McGuiness with a German Suplex for a 3 count. [i]winners: Power Play @ 25:44 (B+)[/i] [b]Match 4: Chad Collyer vs Kid Kash[/b] This wasn't announced on the card, but I guess they needed to put in a time filler, and was a pretty okay time filler. Kash seemed off his game tonight; Collyer had to made him look good a few times there. Collyer got the win with the Butterfly Suplex. [i]winner: Chad Collyer @ 25:43 (B)[/i] A package airs for the fued between Austin Aries and Paul London. Out of nowhere one night at a televison taping, Aries defeated London for the International championship. Shocked, London acted upon his rematch clause, and the two are here tonight to prove just who is the better person. [b]Match 5: Austin Aries vs Paul London (International Championship)[/b] These two are good in the ring, but for some reason they just didn't seem to click together in this match, and it showed. It was an okay match nonetheless, with Aries retaining his title after a 450 splash. Paul London seemed furious after the match. [i]winner: Austin Aries @ 24:13 (B)[/i] A Ambiso package rolled, chronichling his events with CM Punk. [b]Match 5: Ambiso Negro vs Ken Kennedy[/b] Very good match. Kenendy and Negro put on a technichal classic; something we hadn't seen from Kennedy in a while. Allison Danger distracted Kennedy however, and Ambiso hit the Marinette for the pinfall and the victory. He celebrated with Allison Danger after the match and signaled that he would be the next SPW Champion. [i]winner: Ambiso Negro @ 23:57 (A)[/i] [b]Match 5: CM Punk vs James Storm (SPW Championship)[/b] A good, long, brawl between these two. Ambiso did not interefere in the match until after CM Punk finally pinned Storm after hitting the Pepsi Plunge close to the 30 minute mark. Ambiso went to hit Punk with a steel chair, but Punk ducked and dropkicked Ambiso with the chair he was holding. Punk held the SPW up high as the show ended. [i]winner: CM Punk @ 29:51 (A)[/i]

[QUOTE=jbergey_2005]I love your idea, How is the WWE doing currently? Did you just sim ahead 5 years before you took over or have you been running SPW since 2005? I just need a little more backround before I can judge where particular wrestlers could be at in 2010. Looks good![/QUOTE] I've been running SPW since 2005 and have simmed it for five years. WWE is probally second right now. They took a long time hiring outside talent though..probally because I snagged everyone I wanted every time their contract expired. Right now they rely on a lot of Cornellverse talent. Gearld Brisco becomign Cruiserweight champion is just sad, though..

Archived