Name generators?

When I've been tinkering with adding/doing a name database in the past, I was pulling from sports a lot instead of name generator sites. Good spread of nationalities in sports and means you've kinda done the filtering for ethnicity/gender already if you're looking at different men's and women's teams from around the globe.

39 minutes ago, Big Roguey said:

When I've been tinkering with adding/doing a name database in the past, I was pulling from sports a lot instead of name generator sites. Good spread of nationalities in sports and means you've kinda done the filtering for ethnicity/gender already if you're looking at different men's and women's teams from around the globe.

That's a very good idea. I'll start compiling a list of names I like from various sports. Hockey and association football should be  good sources I imagine given their international reach. 

6 hours ago, Jaysin said:

That's a very good idea. I'll start compiling a list of names I like from various sports. Hockey and association football should be  good sources I imagine given their international reach. 

Baseball is great too for reaching into countries in the Carribean.

As above, sometimes I use a mix of sports, actors, anything really. My GF was watching "is it cake?" the other day and I went on IMDB to check who a guest was. Ended up using a mix of some of the contestants names!

Another I have done is use a random number generator and google a countries most popular names in certain years, although slightly more effort. But yeah get a list of 30 most popular boy or girl names in say Canada in 2004, as well as most popular surnames, and see what you end up with

There is also fantasy name generators that has a great mix of options  HERE

I use ChatGpt to do tag team and stable names.... It comes up with some really good ones sometimes.

I asked it for 10 name ideas for a luchador:

Of course! Here are ten name ideas for a male luchador:

1. El Fuego Rojo (The Red Fire)
  2. El Tormenta Negro (The Black Storm)
  3. El Guerrero Dorado (The Golden Warrior)
  4. La Sombra Misteriosa (The Mysterious Shadow)
  5. El Relámpago Azul (The Blue Lightning)
  6. El Titan del Ring (The Ring Titan)
  7. El Dragón de Acero (The Steel Dragon)
  8. El Centinela Nocturno (The Night Sentinel)
  9. El Diablo del Ring (The Ring Devil)
  10. El Maestro de la Lucha (The Master of Wrestling)

These names combine elements of strength, mystery, and tradition commonly associated with luchadores. Feel free to mix and match or modify them to suit your character's persona.

Edited by Johnny Fenoli
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Johnny Fenoli said:

I use ChatGpt to do tag team and stable names.... It comes up with some really good ones sometimes.

These names combine elements of strength, mystery, and tradition commonly associated with luchadores. Feel free to mix and match or modify them to suit your character's persona.

I'm playing around with this now and it's awesome. First time I ever used this thing

1 hour ago, Nightshadeex said:

The workers name file I've been working on is up to 23,803 first and last names set by national popularity, as well as adjectives and verbs to make names up. If you have any interest, I can export it for you.

Yes please!

11 hours ago, Nightshadeex said:

The workers name file I've been working on is up to 23,803 first and last names set by national popularity, as well as adjectives and verbs to make names up. If you have any interest, I can export it for you.

Yeah this sounds great. Do you happen to have stable/team names in there too, by chance?

1 hour ago, Almaida said:

Yeah this sounds great. Do you happen to have stable/team names in there too, by chance?

I don't. I haven't gotten to that point, yet. 

This database also has my moves list, locations, and fictional broadcasters. Feel free to ignore them.

Most of my time was spent pulling the list for the names, I'll be honest that I haven't gone through each of them to make sure they were perfect, but they should be close. I pulled the names mainly from firstnam.es and surnam.es. I had noticed some nasty words being in there, but don't know if I caught them all, so I apologize in advance if there is something offensive. I also removed all of the special characters from names that I could find because they could create errors.

If you take a look at it, I wouldn't mind any feedback you might have. 

TEW2020.mdb

18 minutes ago, Nightshadeex said:

I don't. I haven't gotten to that point, yet. 

This database also has my moves list, locations, and fictional broadcasters. Feel free to ignore them.

Most of my time was spent pulling the list for the names, I'll be honest that I haven't gone through each of them to make sure they were perfect, but they should be close. I pulled the names mainly from firstnam.es and surnam.es. I had noticed some nasty words being in there, but don't know if I caught them all, so I apologize in advance if there is something offensive. I also removed all of the special characters from names that I could find because they could create errors.

If you take a look at it, I wouldn't mind any feedback you might have. 

TEW2020.mdb 27.28 MB · 0 downloads

I'm gonna spend some time playing the game today, but I'll probably go back to working on my mod tonight. I'll take a gander! Thank you so much man. This is my first mod from scratch, so any help is greatly appreciated lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 3:35 PM, Johnny Fenoli said:

It shouldn't be La Tormenta Negra?