Decisions

4 hours ago, Floro101 said:

I would love for there to be a simple storyline parameter where when a storyline triggers, the player gets to select a decision which would then fire another storyline:

IE - After defeating Darth Sidious, do you kill him? If yes - Trigger event A, if No - Trigger event B

Since the game itself has a lot of randomness in it, I used that as a mechanism to do that. I created storylines, that at some point split two ways. The game decides, which way it will go.

For example: I start a storyline between Batman and Penguin. In Part 1 they both fight. Then fpr Part 2 I create Part2A in which Batman wins and Part2B in which Penguin wins. When a storyline is triggered next, the game either chosses A or B. Then I created all following parts with A and B, so the storyline has a sense for continuation. At some point I try to get it back on one track or I write two different endings, with two different effects. There is only the problem, that I have to consider the effects for everything else I write, so it has to be something, that has not the biggest impact on the whole universe.

It ist kind of complex if you want long storylines. I for example plan something, where different characters choose sides with other characters and with every decision there comes a new Letter in it so it would be PartA, PartB, PartC, PartD etc. but it is kind of fun for me to create stuff like that. If only I had more time, then my database would be playable by now ...

That's really cool and I do like this a lot! I do think part of the reasons that decisions would be fun is so you can do a little bit of a "what if". My thought was to do a star wars database that had different time periods, where some basic decisions could influence some changes on characters and such.

The game hasn't had an update in months though, so I know this is probably just wishful thinking at this point.

5 hours ago, Floro101 said:

The game hasn't had an update in months though, so I know this is probably just wishful thinking at this point.

I think you're misunderstanding the purpose of the forum - this is for suggestions for future games in the CBU series, not the current one. Patches ("updates" as you called them) are to correct errors, not to add in entirely new features.