Combining CBH and CBU

After having a lot of fun with the editor since launch but not really feeling the main game like I did CBH I believe the ideal game lies in between the two.

A game where you select a character to play as but you have an end goal of swinging the balance of power towards a concrete end game, trying to gain enough notoriety or score the right friendships / enemies / group placement to get involved in the higher stakes showdowns. This solves the issue most had with CBH, that there was "nothing to do or aim for" while keeping a lot of a great stuff introduced to CBU like the storylines, artefacts and generally the whole moves / attributes / powers system that has been so fun to play around with. You'd have to change up the balance of power to be harder to impact as you'd hopefully include AI fights happening the background again ala CBH (a personal gripe with CBU just seeing one fight be round means some areas just don't pop up and kind of makes me want to put less areas in) and having your chosen character end up part of a user-created story might be tricky if the user didn't want to take part in it, but there are ways around that. It would also be nice if you could chose to be a villain and try and shift the balance negatively / create enemies / join factions for the bigger showdowns, but that's not a necessary addition or anything.

Now obviously given the length of time between CBH and CBU I don't expect anything to really come from this post any time soon / if ever but I never thought we'd get a sequel to CBH at all, so I just thought it'd be worth mentioning while it's on my mind. I'll be continuing to use the editor because bending it around certain franchises and their varying powers is extremely fun and I do still enjoy the odd game, just not anywhere near as much as I enjoyed feeling like I was travelling around it with a specific person while the world turned around me.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with you because i am very fun of CBH  for a super hero simulation game and CBU for the editor and the battle fight and also for code of super hero light for fun interface.

I think a good CBH2 would contain :

- keep editor possibility as CBU (event and story editor etc..) but add the possibility to create a custom fight by event or story

- keep artifac and place and location picture as CBU

- keep power and dice fight as CBU

- keep heroes and foes quests as CBU

- add relationships and moral interaction as CBH (romantic, married etc) with moral for each heroes which disapear in CBU

- add the foe danger and control place jauge as CBH

- so choose only one character in the world to control for individual fight, simultation etc but when you want during the game

- so add the track and street battle fight solo and trainning and team tranning for the individual hero choosen as CBH

- for big battle environement keep as CBU the possibility to control all heroes or give control by ai etc... but with light interface as CBH or code of super hero (less mouse click with different bouton in different windows)

- you could also choose your hero as a vilain with also moral but different quest than heroes

- add or improve game with sound for at least click buton as code of super heroes (i need sound when i click on game button !!! and help to be in the game).

Please correct me or add you remarks...

Best regards

Edited by actarus1969
  • Like 3