Is this a fluke?

Okay, I swear I'm not hallucinating but, I've noticed something that surprised me. The help files say that the only way to raise skills is by purchasing skill upgrades. But I just noticed that since I paired with Vita as my manager, a few of my skills seem to have increased on their own. The way I figured this out seems kinda simple. The smallest denomination you can purchase for skill increases is 1%. But I now have several skills that have tenths of a percent tacked on the end. Like: Toughness - 30.1% Charisma - 25.2% Microphone skills - 15.2% Hardcore - 15.1% There's only a few possible explanations for this. One may be as a result of pairing up with Vita (I think she may be the one feeding me charisma and mic skill increases since she's B across the board in Entertainment cept for B- in star quality). Another is as a result of being Thunder Hike's tag team partner (her Toughness is C+, Mic/charisma/acting B). Just trying to find the control in this situation to see who is doing what. Anyone who might have seen this occur or know more about it, is the manager helping me increase subtle skills? Or is it the tag team partner?

[QUOTE=jonlawson]Did you read the help files included with the game yet?[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Remianen] The help files say that the only way to raise skills is by purchasing skill upgrades.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Wrestling Spirit 2 Help File Career Mode Overview]Unlike WreSpi1, the only way you can improve your skills is by purchasing upgrades - they do not increase simply by wrestling better opponents.[/QUOTE] That's where my confusion stems from.

I think you can pretty much gain skills by wrestling as well as purchase. I have noticed that I gained a little simply by wrestling although not much. Just write down or keep in mind what your current skills are and after a few matches go into the purchase skills in your finance page and you can rate what you've gained based on the type of matches you are involved in. You could have some gain or nothing at all..... in my experince I have gained a little in different categories....

This happenned to me, with a character that does not and has never had a manager or a tag team. My power went up from B+ to A and I originally thought I messed it up with the hex editor. Double-checked and discovered that my rating had simply gone from 80 (B+) to 80.2 (A) when I wasn't paying attention. So it isn't the manager/tag team (or [I]just[/I] the manager/tt). My guess is it has to do with feuds. This is probably one of those things that Only Adam Really Knows. FWIW Mick

It happened to me before I was over enough to get in any feuds. I think it's Adam's form of compromise: People wanted to be able to gain stats naturally without having to pay for EVERY single one of them, but Adam didn't want people to gain stats so rapidly that they had boatloads of money to just end up sitting there to be wasted on monkeys, or worse yet, relationships. So he made the gains 0.1% at a time. Very nice, yet very frustrating when you want to max a skill just to get it out of the way and you're locked at 44.2% and you can't raise 3 other skills to 45% because it would be above the original one and that's capped.

Archived