MMA Team Manager/Coach game?

I got WMMA5 last week and haven't closed it since. I am wondering, is there a plan to make a manager version of this game? A game where I focus on scouting, training, coaching and getting matches for my fighter. WMMA5 is fun but I'm not a fan of having to be the CEO, matchmaker and everything at once. Would rather train the fighters on my team towards glory.

There is a Boxing manager game on iOS called "Leather" that is close to what im looking for but is only boxing.

8 hours ago, Historian said:

I know that Adam Ryland, the designer of WMMA5 has no plans on doing another MMA based game. He's stated several times that WMMA5 was his last game in the series because his interest in MMA isn't high enough anymore to do an MMA game justice.

Bummer. Combat sports(boxing, muay thai, mma) are so popular these days but it seems like nobody with a game dev background is willing to make games about it. Somehow there's a million football/soccer/wrestling sims on the market though.

maybe I should learn to code 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 1:37 PM, CookSteakKnife said:

Bummer. Combat sports(boxing, muay thai, mma) are so popular these days but it seems like nobody with a game dev background is willing to make games about it. Somehow there's a million football/soccer/wrestling sims on the market though.

maybe I should learn to code 

Yeah, I wouldn't do that. People generally aren't interested in a shallow text-based sim (though I did play Promotion Wars when I was young and liked it).

There are some MMA games on Steam - even one where you manage a team - but they aren't very good. Several basic features that are bugged. Or it's just too shallow to be interesting.

Soccer is WAAAY more popular than MMA. I also doubt the MMA demographic has a big correlation with the gamer demographic.