Written Contracts versus Exclusive Written Contracts

So I understand the difference between a written contract and being EXCLUSIVE to only one brand, however my question is this:

You are able to poach workers under written contracts, but yet when you sign them to an EXCLUSIVE written contract with your promotion, don't they at least give notice and within a certain amount of time stop working for the other promotion(s)?

In my current save, I have a bunch of wrestlers unavailable to work due to still 'working' for other promotions that day, however, on top of that I am the only exclusive promotion. How does this work, and what may I be missing here?

5 hours ago, JaCeLo3 said:

Fudge, so no priority towards the Exclusive then either?

Nope. If you sign them to an exclusive written while they are already on a written, they will work out the remainder of their written deal and become exclusive to you when their written deal is over. If the other company is bigger/more prestigious than you they'll continue to give them priority on days you both run shows. When their written contract is coming up with the other company, that other company will not be able to negotiate with them though because of your exclusive deal.

1 hour ago, Historian said:

Nope. If you sign them to an exclusive written while they are already on a written, they will work out the remainder of their written deal and become exclusive to you when their written deal is over. If the other company is bigger/more prestigious than you they'll continue to give them priority on days you both run shows. When their written contract is coming up with the other company, that other company will not be able to negotiate with them though because of your exclusive deal.

Lol...I should've asked this before I started my dynasty, heh. Thank you, sir!

11 hours ago, BrokenCycle said:

Yeah I definitely think it was a mistake to include this in the game. I think it might have been added to give more options to mod makers, but the feature is super confusing and there's no real reason to use it, and I'm pretty sure the AI bugs out when Written contracts are in the game, too.

I use written contracts all the time, with pay-per-show.

It does three things:

• Allows me to have long-term usage of talent without them being poached. Ideal for long-term planning and storytelling.
  • Allows me to get the talent I want, without breaking the bank, by having to pay them on a monthly basis.
  • Allows the talent to get more experience and ring time elsewhere if I'm a smaller company without a  TV show, or a somewhat limited schedule.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I use written contracts for my developmental and lower rung talent.  This way I know they aren’t going to get poached after they’ve developed but before I can work them in and also it allows them to take bookings elsewhere.  I figure the more they work the better. 

The guys who are the core of my roster I sign to exclusive deals as soon as I can.  I’ve had a few too many guy gets injured working for whomever right before a big payoff occurs.