I'm currently doing a 5SSW Round Robin for the third in game year in a row and I've noticed by the time it's complete, there are no "Major Stars" in the company. It's tricky since the way TEW 2020 is built, the odd upset or short term push that do regularly happen in the likes of NJPW or STARDOM for example seem to be more a hindrance. I enjoy booking them and still will but I really need to make my current top stars dominate for a month before going back to Major Star.

Unless... am I missing something here?

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2024 at 10:32 AM, Mecha Kaji said:

I'm currently doing a 5SSW Round Robin for the third in game year in a row and I've noticed by the time it's complete, there are no "Major Stars" in the company. It's tricky since the way TEW 2020 is built, the odd upset or short term push that do regularly happen in the likes of NJPW or STARDOM for example seem to be more a hindrance. I enjoy booking them and still will but I really need to make my current top stars dominate for a month before going back to Major Star.

Unless... am I missing something here?

It may depend on who is participating and the level of upsets. But you could heavily protect the Major Stars or simply manually boost them back if it serves the purpose of the story you are trying to tell.

Yea if it's a true upset then I would use both the Keep Strong and Protect notes. Maybe even Flash pinfall. I would also watch their momentum as that also heavily effects perception. Build up their momentum before or after the upset and you should be good.

Unfortunately there's a few mechanics in the game that make round robin tournaments, specifically on tour shows, feel bad. The first is that no one will ever gain popularity by winning on a Tour show. The second is that the top talent, despite not losing popularity and the winner not gaining popularity, will still complain if they lose, so doing them on tour shows is pretty pointless. I've wondered what just making them real shows would do.

On 3/3/2024 at 1:45 AM, BrokenCycle said:

Unfortunately there's a few mechanics in the game that make round robin tournaments, specifically on tour shows, feel bad. The first is that no one will ever gain popularity by winning on a Tour show. The second is that the top talent, despite not losing popularity and the winner not gaining popularity, will still complain if they lose, so doing them on tour shows is pretty pointless. I've wondered what just making them real shows would do.

For me when I book round robin tourneys, I turn each of the tour days into lesser events. My justification is they are more important than normal tour days and more people tend to tune in during G1 season. With lesser events you get pretty good pop increases for wins. The only real downside is it kinda breaks the money in the game, as if your big, you make lots of money on each tournament day. And if your small like 5SSW, you tend to lose a lot of money this way. But I would definitely recommend doing round robins like this as it makes those tournaments feel really important.

• Like 3