Golden Canvas Grappling - Furusawa & The Tiger

Casey Valentine signed a per show deal with Golden Canvas Grappling on May 22nd Pete Halls influence all over the deal, Furusawa admittedly was very impressed they were able to get him in, a former USPW Television champion, Sam Keith Classic Winner, Rip Chord Invitational winner and aside from his accolades in ring he was arguably the most popular guy within Japan on the roster without having even wrestled a match in the country.  

Pete Hall had spoken to Furusawa earlier in the day and confirmed what Hanshiro had thought, Valentine was a GCG wrestler but for how long who knew, it was very surprising that neither SWF or TCW had picked the lad up, especially TCW and aside from that if he could put on a good match in Japan it would surely not be long until BHOTWG came knocking and GCG were in no financial position to be handing out exclusive deals yet.  

Speaking of Finances, since February they had managed to make money each month, Hanshiro was extremely keen to get the dojo back up and running as soon as viable but the executive committee seemed to think it was much further off than he would like.  

------------------------------------

Yunosuke Fujisaki Managed to last until the end of May before Hanshiro Furusawa terminated his contract, Fujisaki had come in as one of the young lions but showed a poor attitude, something that Furusawa was not going to take, this left the company now with two young lions – Shuga Amano and Ritsu Ibata.  

The Casey Valentine signing had pleased Furusawa though it wasn't his signing, his first big signing of note came shortly after the Fujisaki release when BHOTWG released Ieyoshi Shimakage, Shimakage at 32 was a former BHOTWG Japan Champion and former member of the Senmatsu-gun stable, in terms of popularity he would be by far the most popular – very good in ring and Furusawa was very excited at the prospect of working with him. Shimakage came in on a pay per appearence deal – the biggest deal in the company at ¥268,776 per show ($1,800), Casey Valentine on the second biggest per show ¥223,980 ($1,500) this was some way clear of the third biggest.  

GCGBANNER.jpeg

• Like 5

June was here, the initial date that Furusawa had set to have the company rolling on a traditional touring schedule. A meeting had taken place between Furusawa and the Executive Committee where Furusawa had aired his concerns about the financial aspect of a touring schedule, an agreement was made that the touring schedule would be put back indefinitely – that didn't mean that all were in agreement though, Shinji Miyoshi the representative of the Aichi Prefectural Government was not pleased, he had wanted the area getting weekly shows by now, given his bad mood it probably wasn't the time for Hanshiro to push the idea of additional funding to get the dojo running.  

The boys had started to complain about the “toxic” atmosphere backstage – the removal of Fujisaki had a small positive impact upon this but Furusawa could see the number of negative personalities he had (and also he would admit his own) not working well together, the crux of the issue was many of these negative personalities were amongst his better workers and he really couldn't risk losing some of them, one person that did head out was KAZ – employed by SAISHO as well the two had a fairly amicable discussion and KAZ was out of the door for now.   

The year had started off well for a couple of companies around them EXODUS and 5SSW had both experienced an increase in popularity – 5SSW had also got themselves a TV slot. Furusawa whilst not immediately concerned about this as the rebirth of GCG was only 6 months old, was well aware he was now in charge of the number 6 company in the country – with number 7 (EXODUS) not a million miles behind. The hope was Valentine and Shimakage could really help them kick on. Pro Wrestling SAISHO being the number 8 company were also steadily losing money, and whilst they had a talent trading agreement in place with GCG and had a healthy relationship too, Furusawa couldn't help but look over their roster and wonder whom he could pick up if they did go under. 

GCGBANNER.jpeg

• Like 3

Love the diary so far. I miss playing TEW as I have no idea how to play on my mac book that I have now since my PC is long gone. I always get into this thing where I get bored easily and I never really play as a smaller company. I love that you seem to be really taking your time and taking things slow. I'll definitely be continuing to follow along 

• Like 1

Really enjoying this so far too. I'm interested to see where you jump in - it's good that there's a bit of water under the bridge already, so we know who the key players are. On another note, it's so hard to turn a dysfunctional backstage environment into a functional one. Hopefully you manage it.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 1:15 AM, TWoody24 said:

Love the diary so far. I miss playing TEW as I have no idea how to play on my mac book that I have now since my PC is long gone. I always get into this thing where I get bored easily and I never really play as a smaller company. I love that you seem to be really taking your time and taking things slow. I'll definitely be continuing to follow along 

Thank you! ill be honest im being forced to go slow with it really - froma diary writing perspective its very different to my previous one 

On 2/17/2024 at 3:25 AM, Scottie said:

Really enjoying this so far too. I'm interested to see where you jump in - it's good that there's a bit of water under the bridge already, so we know who the key players are. On another note, it's so hard to turn a dysfunctional backstage environment into a functional one. Hopefully you manage it.

I'm not exactly sure at what point the diary will feel more like my BHOTWG one, mainly because financially we aren't near being able to run tours really, though I do have one or two storyline things to get me out of that problem should I need to. Its been very tough backstage yes, more detail to come in future posts. 

June #2

Hanshiro Furusawa had decided The Tiger Rises 10 at the end of June would be a marquee show, the Golden Canvas Grappling World Heavyweight Championship would be fought for, he was still mulling over the names in the match up. June was turning into a big month that at least in his own head Furusawa had concluded was make or break, the backstage atmosphere threatening to implode on itself – in the past two weeks there were fights between Yasuhide Tayama and Shingen Miyazaki, Tayama and Lenny Mochin, Tayama also had heat with Yuki Horigoshi, Tayama had rapidly become a bigger pain in his ass than even Shikitei. Furusawa decided it was time to let Tayama go, at 39 he was one of the easier ones to decide to move on, he also picked up the 3rd biggest wage in the company. Tornado Nagai wasn't popular in the locker room due to some less than tasteful ribs, he also wasn't keen on both Furusawa himself and one of Furusawas favourites Masashi Urogataya so Nagai was the next to be let go. The final release was Colour Commentator Ryuzaburo Sugiyama – the man was just obnoxious and Furusawa at this stage thought (hoped) that they could do without a colour guy.  

This all lead to the company being light on numbers and coming off amateurish due to having a small roster size – he got back to his list of talents and made some phonecalls, at this stage he was more so looking for good guys, good personalities more than in ring qualities. The first person to come in was Shino Ko to replace the late Motoichi Arakida as second road agent, Ko was a BHOTWG guy during his in ring career and was known for his professional attitude. Koetsu Shinozaki was next in, a second referee as the need was becoming apparent for one. The following in ring talent was bought in together:  

Hidekazu, 50 – Most famous for his spell with BHOTWG a highly experienced worker with a driven personality, like with all of the signings Furusawa hoped this could balance the dressing room  

Beetle Kimura, 34 – Furusawa wasn't keen on having too many small workers and probably already had too many, however Kimura was widely regarded as a people person and was coming in on a very cheap deal 

Fuyuhiko Wakabayashi, 30 – This was a curious one, living and working in Australia for DIW under the name “Shogo” GCG would be the first company from his own country he would work for, Furusawa felt he was taking a gamble here and would be paying out in travel but he looked decent in ring and by all accounts was a pretty relaxing guy to have about the place  

Wataru Kikumoto, 21 – With only two years experience Kikumoto would fall into the young lion category bringing the number back up to three. Furusawa personally spoke to Kikumoto in the weeks running up to his signing and was convinced he was a good personality for the locker room 

As Furusawa was putting together the card for Nagoya Nights 3 in June the backstage situation couldn't get much worse, he hoped it was up from here after the personnel shuffle.  

GCGBANNER.jpeg

• Like 5

Shame to see Tayama go, as a GCG original you have a great story there for him challenging for the title, but clearly was too big of a pain in the arse to deal with sadly. I predict you'll go with Shikitei and Miyazaki or Valentine (GCG do love a gaijin challenger after all) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chaddes said:

Shame to see Tayama go, as a GCG original you have a great story there for him challenging for the title, but clearly was too big of a pain in the arse to deal with sadly. I predict you'll go with Shikitei and Miyazaki or Valentine (GCG do love a gaijin challenger after all) 

Sticking with GCG originals is something i WANT to do but it is getting more difficult haha

An email had dropped into Hanshiros inbox to start his morning, his head busy with booking ideas for the two shows this month, especially The Tiger Rises 10 where the Heavyweight Championship would be won, the email whilst relatively short would impact the company going forward, it was from Shinji Miyoshi of the Executive Committee

-------------------- 

Dear Mr Furusawa 

We hope this email finds you well. As you know from the previous committee meeting we at the Aichi Prefectural Government were disappointed that Golden Canvas Grappling would be unable to run a touring schedule from June and we reluctantly agreed with the committees decision to delay the schedule change indefinitely.  

The APG now would like to shift focus and the companys efforts towards securing a TV slot, we find that Shogun TV is wildly over saturated with puroresu and would not find such a deal desirable. We have through our own contacts and with the help of committee member Mr Nishimuraya been in negotiations with the Japan Sports Vision network and have come to an agreement for Golden Canvas Grappling events to be shown on their third channel, this is providing that we make certain upgrades to our production values. We have looked over the necessary upgrades required and whilst not immediately possible we feel this can be done on a relatively short time scale. 

After the recent high value contract signings of Casey Valentine and Ieyoshi Shimakage we feel it now appropriate to priorities company money elsewhere  

We look forward to seeing progress in this matter  

Sincerely  

Shinji Miyoshi, Aichi Prefectural Government  

-------------------- 

Furusawa knew this was the price of his bad reputation and thus needing an executive committee in the first place, though he had hoped that if he did this then the funding idea for the Dojo may be within grasp, either way it seemed like unless guys went out nobody was going to be coming in for the foreseeable future.  

GCGBANNER.jpeg

• Like 4

June #3 

It appeared any possible improvements in backstage atmosphere were coming too slowly for Shingen Miyazaki whom on the morning of Nagoya Nights 3 walked out on the company without giving notice. Miyazaki had featured in every GCG event since the rebirth and was amongst the better workers. It would also appear that he held ill feeling towards Furusawa so, theres another name to add to the list. The positive that Furusawa clung to was that he was on a higher contract and given the recent push for a broadcasting deal from the executive committee it did give him some room to bring someone in for relatively big money (for a company of this size) if the right person became available.  

Yuki Horigoshii became the first serious injury GCG would have to contend with, a torn Achilles would put him out of action for a year. 

THE TIGER RISES 10

tigerevent.jpg

Nagoya City, Attendance: 834

MAIN EVENT

GCG WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

GCG World Heavy willr0ck.jpg

Casey Valentine vs Masashi Urogataya

Casey Valentine became the 34th Champion and the first man to hold the belt since Takayuki 2000 in March 2017. Whilst Hanshiro felt the event overall was probably their best so far he still felt the depth of quality in the card was lacking, and arguably the Semi Final match of Ieyoshi Shimakage vs Harumi Okazawaya was the better match. 

GCGBANNER.jpeg

• Like 5

July 2020 

Hanshiro Furusawa was feeling the pressure of being the CEO of such an historically great company, month by month he carefully watched the finances, the work towards meeting Japanese Sports Vision’s demands had begun, music and production levels had been upgraded though not to the desired level, he would admit that the broadcasting deal had now seemingly become more important than ever, SAISHO had signed a Shogun TV deal which in turn made GCG the only company in Japan not available to watch in one way or another.  Though this ambition from his peers to get their product on screen did have its drawbacks , it had got back to him that joshi promotion 5SSW were beginning to lose money rapidly and they've had to downgrade certain broadcast elements to save on money, come to think about it he wasn't sure how SAISHO were affording it either. June saw GCG’s first financial losses since January but this was largely due to one off fees that came along with the upgrades made.  

It was mid July when Hanshiro received a phone call from one of his many contacts informing him that it was “almost certain” that Tatsuya Toshitara would be leaving BHOTWG, Furusawa was also told Toshitara would probably be looking at ¥253,895 ($1,700) per show, which would make him the second highest earner. This would need be ran through the executive committee, another meeting incoming.  

Head booker of WLW Haru Kurofuji aside from forcing a few guys out of WLW has now also put the WLW Universal Title on himself.... Hanshiro could only imagine how that was going down in the WLW locker room. Elsewehere in Japan BHOTWG put on what was frankly an incredible Best Of The Super Juniors show to a sold out Izumo Football Stadium, a show which in the coming days was widely recognised as a point where the company had broken through to the next level of popularity. PGHW was beginning to hand out more and more exclusive written contracts meanwhile Hanshiro Furusawa was waiting on a verdict as to whether he would be allowed to pay out a few hundred thousand yen per show to bring in Tatsuya Toshitara. 

July continued to be significant for BHOTWG, White Samurai whom had previously quit both WLW and EXODUS (Furusawa had looked at him but didn't feel like his locker room needed another negative attitude) signed for them, this started off a string of signings, WLW and PGHW both raided, WLW losing Necromancer, Akio, Little Dragon, Reaper Dante and Shogun Watoga – PGHW losing Stone Yoshikawa, Avalanche Takano, Bison Yano, Dean Waldorf and Marv Statler. 

GCGBANNER.jpeg

• Like 3

Shortly before The Tiger Rises 11 Hanshiro Furusawa had received the good news that Hidekazu had taken young lion Shuga Amano under his wing, hopefully this would go towards mending the backstage atmosphere. 

THE TIGER RISES 11

tigerevent.jpg

Nagoya City, Attendance 878

MAIN EVENT

Casey Valentine (34th Champion, 1st Defence) Vs Morimasa Kato

SEMI FINAL 

Ieyoshi Shimakage vs Omezo Shikitei

Semi Final outshining Main Event again in terms of quality. Shimakage really showing his skills since coming in and it made Furusawa wonder why BHOTWG would let him go in the first place, though they had what GCG didn't - a very deep and very talented roster. The undercards of all of the 11 TTR shows so far had all been about trying to find some diamonds, someone with a bit of a spark that he could get behind, the matches were all fairly OK at best and Furusawa hoped the Semi and the Main Events would carry the shows through and get some eyeballs on GCG. July was over and August was about to be a very important month.....

GCGBANNER.jpeg

• Like 5

August

Hanshiro was beginning to worry about the trickle down effect of BHOTWG and their raids on WLW but particularly PGHW, the month started with PGHW losing Eien Miyamoto and Furusawas concern was with PGHW being in the position to hand out exclusive deals it may not be too long until they look to the few solid workers GCG have.  

It wouldn't be long until Hanashiro's fears came true but maybe not from where he was expecting, when Casey Valentine was signed both he and Pete Hall knew they wouldn't have him for long, alas they were correct, early in August the American Juggernaut SWF came in with an offer that was worth more than all of the money GCG had in the bank, after two defences Valentine would be heading back to America, the next question was if he would be in the country long enough to drop the World Championship. 

It was all go in August in what Hanshiro felt was probably one of his most busy months of what had already been a fast paced start to life as CEO, Casey Valentine was confirmed as an SWF signing on August 15th, GCG would have him for about 28 days, enough time to get the belt off him. Hanshiro felt no ill will towards Valentine, he was going home to a very lucrative contract. This sequence of events did force Furusawas hand slightly, though the company was in no position for a touring schedule he was about to announce GCG’s biggest show since their rebirth .....

Golden Canvas Grappling Presents

GCG2.jpeg

August 20th 2020 - Toyama Hall 

GCGBANNER.jpeg

• Like 4

Sat in his office Hanshiro Furusawa had in his hands the match card for what was the first true marquee event of his tenure as CEO of GCG, probably not the card he had pictured though little about this venture had been, he felt older than his 71 years and in some ways he wished he had left old mistakes alone.... nevertheless he was looking forward to what he hoped would be their best show since the rebirth.

CHAMPIONSHIP CLIMAX OFFICIAL MATCH CARD

Casey Valentine (34th Champion, 2nd Defence) vs Ieyoshi Shimakage

GCG OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Crowning A New Champion

GCG open willr0ck.jpg

Masashi Urogataya vs Azumamaro Shimizu

X vs Quick Kick Nakao

Kyuichi Matsumoto, Danjuro Kikuchi & Harumi Okazawaya vs Hidekazu, Morimasa Kato & Edo Phoenix IV

Lenny Mochin & Kevin Yashere vs Ryobe Uno & Fuyuhiko Wakabayashi

X vs Omezo Shikitei

GCGBANNER.jpeg

• Like 4

August

Championship Climax came and went, two debuts in the form of X's, one was Tatsuya Toshitara whom had been released by BHOTWG the second Fujio Narahashi who would be working for both GCG and SAISHO, Furusawa facing up to the facts that he would have to talent share to get by. On his computer amongst pages of reports from wrestling shows and potential signings was an open window to some breaking news ....

FURU.png

... This news was no surprise, Hanshiro had known his son had been speaking to BHOTWG and he was going to be paid very handsomely. Mabuchi Furusawa was destined to be a world champion and Hanshiro was nothing but proud. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GCG2.jpeg

Toyama Hall - 937

Casey Valentine (34th Champion, 2nd Defence) vs Ieyoshi Shimakage

GCG OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Crowning A New Champion

GCG open willr0ck.jpg

Masashi Urogataya vs Azumamaro Shimizu

X - Fujio Narahashi vs Quick Kick Nakao

Kyuichi Matsumoto, Danjuro Kikuchi & Harumi Okazawaya vs Hidekazu, Morimasa Kato & Edo Phoenix IV

Lenny Mochin & Kevin Yashere vs Ryobe Uno & Fuyuhiko Wakabayashi

X - Tatsuya Toshitara vs Omezo Shikitei

GCGBANNER.jpeg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, AboardTheArk said:

oh those are two big X's! Seems like a quality show despite the struggles.

Yes! what ill probably do - in line with my usual style of diary - Is at the end of each year post the top rated matches etc :)

September

GCG’s talents had started to catch the eye of others and early in September WLW who had suffered a raid from BHOTWG came in and signed Shikitei and Edo Phoenix on a handshake deal, both guys informing Furusawa that they would be prioritising WLW bookings.  

August saw a loss of  ¥ 560,311, the increase in production values required by the executive committee taking a toll though Furusawa understood, the need to get a broadcast slot was so important now that everybody else had one, he just wished the executive committee would settle for Shogun TV.  Championship Climax came extremely close to 1,000 people in the venue which was pleasing, Toshitara really showing his class though Furusawa was left wondering how long he would be here for.  

The last of the “Nagoya Nights” shows was held September 15th, Furusawas experiment to give his guys a bit more ring time had fallen a bit flat – he took the decision to up the length of the “The Tiger Rises” shows instead, glancing over towards the calendar he sighed out of disappointment, still not on a touring schedule and we were closing in on a year in business!  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gcgLOGO.jpegJapaneseSportsVision3.jpg

Golden Canvas Grappling & Japanese Sports Vision 3 sign agreement that will see GCG's shows air on the channel. After a period of negotiations and improvements made by GCG the deal was signed to the delight of all parties involved

GCGBANNER.jpeg

• Like 5

September  

Dear Mr Furusawa 

Please find attached the viewing figures for “The Tiger Rises 13” in comparison to companies of a similar size to ourselves  

Golden Canvas Grappling “The Tiger Rises 12” Japanese Sports Vision 3 -18,784 viewers  

Pro Wrestling SAISHO “Dream Clash” Shogun TV- 16,343 viewers 

EXODUS 2010 “Fallout” Shogun TV - 20,823 viewers 

5SSW “Hall of Fame” Shogun TV - 18,978 viewers 

We are some way behind Black Canvas Grappling and both PGHW and BHOTWG are on PPV deals.  

Sincerely  

Shinji Miyoshi  

On behalf of the Golden Canvas Grappling Executive Committee 

-------------------------------------------------

Hanshiro browsed over the figures, he guessed it wasn't a bad start but that was more for the committee to worry about, The Tiger Rises 13 was headlined by a tag match that he had put his two best workers together in when Tatsuya Toshitara and Ieyoshi Shimakage faced up against Hidekazu and Masashi Urogataya, very close to breaking into four figures in attendance, something that interested Furusawa much more than TV viewers. 

Backstage problems had started to become less and the atmosphere was slowly improving, brining in Shino Ko as road agent was helping a lot. Aside from that he was concerned about the impact upping broadcasting values was going to have on finances, he was still hoping funding would be made available for the dojo, he needed loyal workers but also a chance to produce home grown high quality talents.  

GCGBANNER.jpeg

• Like 4

November 

The month started with TCW ending their excursion agreement with PGHW, a blow for PGHW though GCG had more pressing issues than other companies woes.

All around them other companies were sharing workers more and more , after a boom in business for SAISHO they had picked up Funakoshi of BCG, Masa Kurata from WLW aswell as Azumamaro Shimizu, Omezo Shikitei still a pain in Hanshiro’s ass had also picked up a second employer in WLW. It was becoming apparent that at this stage with these finances (that were feeling the strain of broadcasting coverage) trying to keep an exclusive roster was folly – he could not deny either that GCG’s show quality was also suffering for it, a lot of the original roster was, frankly, deadwood and with The Golden Kingdom fast on the approach something needed to be done. One thing was for sure Yoshifusa Maeda was not going to budge on BCG guys working for GCG and that certainly wasnt going to change with Kazu Yoshizawa in Maedas ear. PGHW were now in a position where half of their roster were tied down to exclusive deals, so any names coming in would be from WLW, EXODUS or SAISHO but Hanshiro did not really have much interest in juniors despite how popular their style had become... for the first time since starting out on this adventure Hanshiro Furusawa wondered if he had bitten off far more than he could chew. 

GCGBANNER.jpeg

• Like 4

November #2

August, September and October were all losses financially and GCG were now dropping towards the initial budget they started with. Hanshiro Furusawa had just come out of a meeting with the Executive Committee, a lively back and forth conversation shall we say. Aichi Prefectural Government were in no rush to add funding, Hanshiro thought they must be waiting out for the company to actually be in the red before they did anything. The only thing that really came out of the meeting was at last GCG would be into a touring Schedule in December – The Golden Kingdom tour, the thinking being the more shows the more ticket sales and merchandise sold, work was progressing nicely towards upgrading that side of things.  

Two extra bodies added to the roster too, both very skilled workers on the SAISHO roster, both to debut at what would be the final “The Tiger Rises” show. 

The Tiger Rises 15

tigerevent.jpg

Toyama Hall - 1,000 SELL OUT

Ieyoshi Shimakage (35th Champion, 1st Defence) vs Morimasa Kato

Tatsuya Toshitara vs Azumamaro Kita *GCG Debut*

Fujio Narahashi, Hidekazu & Harumi Okazawaya vs Masashi Urugataya, Danjuro Kikuchi & Lion Genji *GCG Reutrn*

Omezo Shikitei & Edo Phoenix IV vs Azumamaro Shimizu & Kyuichi Matsumoto

Ryobe Uno vs Quick Kick Nakao

Lenny Mochin vs Fuyuhiko Wakabayashi

In ring after the Main Event Tatsuya Toshitara would challenge the champion Ieyoshi Shimakage for the GCG World Heavyweight Championship at The Golden Kindgom, the biggest match GCG could put on at their biggest show since their return. 

Hanshiro was slowly having to worry about the backstage environment less and less, though after TTR15 Quick Kick Nakao was extremely unhappy about having to lose to Ryobe Uno, Furusawa expected him to hand in his notice any time soon, not that Furusawa would particularly bat an eyelid, Nakao had been very sub par generally, Uno was far more valuable to him in the long run.

GCGBANNER.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

gcgLOGO.jpeg

Golden Canvas Grappling Roster

On Eve Of First Tour Since 2017

Major Stars

Ieyoshi Shimakage - World Heavyweight Champion **

Azumamaro Shimizu - Openweight Champion **

Tatsuya Toshitara **

Stars

Harumi Okazayawa

Hidekazu

Masashi Urogataya **

Well Known

Danjuro Kikuchi, Kyuichi Matsumoto, Lion Genji ** (SAISHO Destiny Champion), Morimasa Kato **

Recognisable

Azumamaro Kita **, Edo Phoenix IV **, Fujio Narahashi **, Omezo Shikitei **, Quick Kick Nakao, Ryobe Uno, Yuki Horigoshi 

Unimportant

Beetle Kimura, Brither Yoshitaka, Fuyuhiko Wakabayashi, Kevin Yashere, Lenny Mochin **

Young Lions

Ritsu Ibata, Shuga Amano, Wataru Kikumoto

** = Also works for SAISHO, ** = Also works for WLW, ** = Also works for CWW

GCGBANNER.jpeg

Edited by ShikariFC
  • Like 4

December 

Seven tour shows then The Golden Kingdom, Hanshiro Furusawa was at the venue before anyone else, even before the ring crew. This year had aged him, he felt older than 71, there were times where he wasn't sure he would see the return of touring for GCG and if he was honest with himself he wasn't sure if this was the right time now. The company was still steadily losing money, and whilst not an alarming amount it had been a loss of around a million yen ($7,000) per month, as he had thought to himself the Executive Committee would surely step in at some point, though as the push for touring was his idea he had hoped this would help stop the cash loss.  

The first day of tour and they were up in Niigata, pretty much as far north in Chubu as you can get at a tiny venue called Kiiroi Taiyo Hall, the night was sold out with 210 tickets sold. Proper tour shows with multi man matches, the whole roster was getting used and as excited as Hanshiro was to see this happen, as had been since January, it was tinged with anxiety.  

GCGBANNER.jpeg

• Like 1