DOTT: Legends?

Soon. ;) I've got a bunch of the old timers I want in done (Don Leo rocks! Heh). I am now starting on researching the modern guys I want to throw in so that more people around here will have an interest. From there, I have to decide if I am going to have it career playable, or just a League Mode thing. :)

I would love to have this mod as a playable career. some of the best years of old school were from 1975-1983, the strong days of the territorries. I dont know if i am in the majority, but i grew up going to wwf at the garden, watching Backlund, and watching CWF on the spanish channel. your DOTT mod is the reason i bought WS2, keep up the excellent work.

• 3 weeks later...
Acutally,I believe DOTT:Legends is not set in any specific year per se,rather it is a collection of top "Modern" and "Old" wrestlers,each presented as they were at their peak in the business,allowing,for examples,match-ups like Steve Austin when he was at his peak (probably '96 or '97,before the neck injury) vs. Ric Flair when he was at his peak(in this case I'd say about '83 or '84)

D.Boon, care to give us a l'il inside info? Maybe some insight on which Terry Funk will be making an appearance in Legends? Will it be the master of the mat in Japan circa early 1980's, the highly entertaining original Texas rattlesnake of mid 80's WWF, the man who can put on a classic match even if the arena is empty, the one who had historic bouts with Flair in the late 80's or the man who changed with the times after the age of 50 to become known as the hardcore legend to a whole new generation of fans? With so many Funks to choose from, why not make a Funkin' Dojo promotion consisting of all Terrys :D

• 2 weeks later...
After a much needed break from all things Wrestling Spirit, I have recently continued work on this. It's fairly close to being done, though I still have a bit of tweaking to do on the more modern guys. Having not watched wrestling for the past decade plus (heh), I am pretty square on the newer move sets. Still, I had a fantastic battle this evening between Bruiser Brody and Dick the Bruiser (both in their primes). It was one of the more epic brawls I have fought in this game. Excellent stuff; Brody ended up flipping out and busting Bruiser open with a series of chair shots. Brody then got DQ'ed when the madman from New Mexico slugged the poor ref. Anyway, should be pretty soon.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;136527]After a much needed break from all things Wrestling Spirit, I have recently continued work on this. It's fairly close to being done, though I still have a bit of tweaking to do on the more modern guys. Having not watched wrestling for the past decade plus (heh), I am pretty square on the newer move sets. Still, I had a fantastic battle this evening between Bruiser Brody and Dick the Bruiser (both in their primes). It was one of the more epic brawls I have fought in this game. Excellent stuff; Brody ended up flipping out and busting Bruiser open with a series of chair shots. Brody then got DQ'ed when the madman from New Mexico slugged the poor ref. Anyway, should be pretty soon.[/QUOTE] Reminds of a classic Road Warriors vs Bruiser&Crusher match I ran;a wild back and forth brawl with everyone but Crusher no-selling like a madman...finally after 45 minutes and everyone bleeding buckets,Animal got upset at being unable to put Bruiser away and threw him over the top rope to draw the DQ.

• 1 month later...
Sorry for the lateness in reply, Sartagis. I've become a tad involved with laying out the TEW07: D.O.T.T. mod in our neck of the woods. As result, the Legends set has been on the backburner for the past week. Hopefully within the next week (or so) I will have the Legends bit wrapped up and released. Apologies for taking so long on it, heh.

Sorry for the lateness in reply, Sartagis. I've become a tad involved with laying out the TEW07: D.O.T.T. mod in our neck of the woods. As result, the Legends set has been on the backburner for the past week. Hopefully within the next week (or so) I will have the Legends bit wrapped up and released. Apologies for taking so long on it, heh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived