Question on worker popularity

This is for the default cornellverse database. 

So my question relates to what a wrestler popularity would be in the American region if they were featured on a reality documentary show.

The reality TV show will have a title "Beyond the Mat". It would last 1 hour long with 30 episodes broadcast per year with each new season starting the night after SWF hosts Supreme Challenge. It would begin airing in July 2015 and will last all the way to the series finale in December 2019. Let's say it airs on Spike TV (if it existed in the Cornellverse) right after a popular MMA Ultimate Fighter like show.   It becomes a hit with 800k viewers watching on average.

Let's say it follows 6 wrestlers (including 2 tag teams) and their journey through the independent circuits in the United States and Japan. We see backstage interactions talking about what's going on, what promotion they are wrestling, versus who. It will show highlights of their match. Post-match aftermaths. This reality TV show is also being funded by a mysterious rich wrestling fan and it pays these wrestlers really well to do what they do. Also to keep them from getting poached from the bigger promotions as they start gaining popularity/fame. It eventually ends with a new company springing up "Let's call it World Elite Wrestling."

Now what would their popularity be after five years on this reality documentary TV:

1) Raymond Diaz (PGHW)

2) Mikey James  (CZCW, WLW) - he never signs with SWF and begins wrestling solos and tag matches alongside Frankie Perez in WLW under the tag name 'Knockout Dragons". 

3) Frankie Perez (CZCW, WLW) - tags with Mikey as well as solo matches. 

4) Greg Gauge (BHOTWG) - He never signs with TCW and tags with his twin brother Matthew Keith under the tag name "Sons of Greatness".

5) Matthew Keith (BHOTWG) - tags with his twin brother Greg Gauge

6) Ernest Youngman (PSW) 

With the exposure of this show, will CZCW, PSW gain more popularity from the show nationally? What would the increase across the USA be? +5, +10?? 

• Like 1

I will rate wrestlers at 50 pop in the USA, WEW, your company, at similar pop and at Small and on the brink of Medium.

That will place them pretty neatly at recognizable at the big 3 and 'name talent or major Star' at indies, so in a decent position to kick-start a new promotion.

That pop is enough to get 70 rated main events and a quicker growth like your theory implies with the slightly work rate inclined product like no style style.

Regional promotions should get a small boost, but not game changing +5 or +10 points is decent enough.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2024 at 12:00 AM, ZonaCidal said:

4) Greg Gauge (BHOTWG) - He never signs with TCW and tags with his twin brother Matthew Keith under the tag name "Sons of Greatness".

5) Matthew Keith (BHOTWG) - tags with his twin brother Greg Gauge

I also have them as a tag team. "The Legacy".

• 2 weeks later...

I think the previous suggestions are good.

The problem lies with 'reality documentary'. If those workers had cameos on a Real Housewives or Vanderpump, they'd likely get more of a boost due to how viral those shows tend to be (with the gossip rags spreading the worker's name all across the internet).

I did that with Juliet Balconi, basically replacing Raquel with Juliet in "Scandoval" after she left to film a cameo in a TV show. I gave her +18 across the US, +14 across Canada, and +10 across the British Isles and Europe (people in the UK and Europe were talking about Scandoval, after all).

The problem I have with these kinds of things is factoring the internet into things. For example, Piers Morgan is FAR more famous and well known in the UK than in the US (even with his failed talk show here) but he's also a provocateur so that's what he's known for more in the States. How does that translate into popularity/name value? I'm currently thinking of making Peaches McCream sort of like that, but in the wrestling world. Kinda like a low level Meltzer but focused on the women's side as the person behind a website sort of like DIVA DIRT.