TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Peria said:

I can't predict how 2030 will look, you know? 2040 might be like... floating cars and stuff. I can't just... book wrestling when cars are flying! I admit I'm being half-silly but this is legitimately why I don't play modern day games. 

1999 Stone Cold beer truck angle -> 2001 Kurt Angle milk truck angle

These do not compare to the 2045 flying truck angle. Booking wrestling when cars start flying is what society will need

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Peria said:

I admit, my longer saves have been with CV97 or any real world 90s mod. I know why as well, it isn't because "the canon history is gone" because I never stay on that course 1:1 anyways. It is because I can't predict how 2030 will look, you know? 2040 might be like... floating cars and stuff. I can't just... book wrestling when cars are flying! I admit I'm being half-silly but this is legitimately why I don't play modern day games. 

I know exactly what you mean. Wrestling leans heavily on popular culture and it feels weird to be booking in 2035 when you have no idea what is going on in the world.

4 hours ago, d12345 said:

1999 Stone Cold beer truck angle -> 2001 Kurt Angle milk truck angle

These do not compare to the 2045 flying truck angle. Booking wrestling when cars start flying is what society will need

brb, booking my 2045 Mya Lesnar Solent Creatine flying car angle.

• Like 1

Overall really intrigued by all the announcements. The backstage stuff in particular looks like it could keep things dynamic.

Thought I'd jump in this thread because I wanted to know a little bit more about the new Company Headquarters mechanic. Does 'influence' mean anything in particular, or is it a synonym for prestige? The entry for the company HoF uses the same language and I can't imagine a HoF having gameplay implications. For example, will a worker sign with me over an equivalent company because of a Company HQ? Not that I need to be told any of the nuts-and-bolts mechanics behind the scenes, I'm looking forward to discovering things on my own, just curious how much of a gameplay impact it would/could have.

I'd be interested, say, if certain production levels were gated behind it. Always seemed weird to me that a company like GSW could jump to Medium and immediately flood money into 'Majestic' production (before going bankrupt a eighteen months later, typical Grimm). Or something flavourful like the extra 'professionalism' of having a headquarters making certain companies more likely to want to deal with you, but 'anti-establishment' companies wanting less to do with you. I'm just letting myself overthink because I'm getting excited 😄

17 minutes ago, The Masked Orange said:

Or something flavourful like the extra 'professionalism' of having a headquarters making certain companies more likely to want to deal with you, but 'anti-establishment' companies wanting less to do with you.

TV deals. If I were a broadcaster, I'd prefer to deal with a company that has a dedicated HQ building.

11 hours ago, spiffyone said:

A suggestion (and please note I've used the search function to check if anyone has but haven't seen a mention of this):

Please add the ability to assign TV Shows to a particular venue.

In TEW 2020, there was only the ability to assign an Event to a venue, but not TV Shows, which made real life mods (whether current or historical) not as accurate as they could have been - particularly if the companies were under CPU control. CWA Memphis studio wrestling would take place outside of the WMC TV studio. Crockett era 6:05 Saturday World Championship Wrestling outside of the Techwood Drive studio, and Turner-owned WCW of the '90s outside of Center Stage (WCW Saturday Night) or Disney/MGM (Bischoff era TV, pre-NWO). Made it hard to completely mimic early '80s era WWF tapings, which were held in Allentown Agricultural Hall (Championship Wrestling) and Hamburg Fieldhouse (All-Star Wrestling), or (for more recent history) NXT's TV from Full Sail or the Performance Center.

Excellent suggestion, something I've been wanting to see for a while now too but I keep forgetting to mention it. It would also be hugely beneficial to CMLL in basically any era, for their weekly shows from fixed locations (Super Viernes at Arena Mexico every week, etc). Or TNA from the Impact Zone... the list goes on and on.

I used to do my best to find creative workarounds for 2020 (e.g. a weekly Tour/Lesser event on the same day at the right location), but my solutions were always clunky, clogged up the schedule and wound up overworking everyone on the shows. Assigned venues for TV Shows would help so much.

8 hours ago, d12345 said:

but like actually this got me thinking... I wonder if a Brawl Out situation will be able to occur at one of the scrums?

this is the one thing my friends asked me when I reported back to the discord

Honestly, to me the whole point of the feature is ultimately for "brawl out", sure press conferences and so on have become a bigger part in (western, as far as I know the press conferences and the "legitimate" feel has been a bigger part of things in Japan longer) wrestling but if it were just a FM style "click through the same answers and everyone is happy" it'd be more pointless, the idea that after a show someone could go "off script" and make a mountain out of a molehill due to "almost getting hurt due to a botch" or something like that is something far more interesting, and a likely inspiration for why it's now part of the game. At least, that's what I'm hoping for!

1 hour ago, Yuzu Adagio said:

this is the one thing my friends asked me when I reported back to the discord

It reads like you will be doing the answering not a worker

Brawl out didn't happen at a media scrum. It was a post-show backstage incident, which probably should be a thing

"Wrestler x left early."

"Wrestler y threw a aftershow party, but didn't invite the stooge."

"wrestler z kicked down a window, threw a cat at a chair and was bitten by wrestler a" (legally distinct)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Punk going off script bit is really just worker a did an interview where he had interesting comments about worker b event. Although it would be cool to get events that reiderate dislike/hatred more. 

Seeing all of the additions for backstage flavor, I can't be the only one who wants to play a save that just goes absolutely haywire.

"TEW IX: But I made Max Mini one of my enforcers!"

"TEW IX: But I chose Vince Russo as a locker room leader!"

"TEW IX: But I anger the entire roster with my media scrum!"

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vinsmoker said:

Brawl out didn't happen at a media scrum. It was a post-show backstage incident, which probably should be a thing

"Wrestler x left early."

"Wrestler y threw a aftershow party, but didn't invite the stooge."

"wrestler z kicked down a window, threw a cat at a chair and was bitten by wrestler a" (legally distinct)

Well remember brawl out happened while TK was in the media scrum (Jericho went and got him).

And it was a result of Punk going off in the media scrum.

I guess if the media scrum is contained to the booker only it couldn't happen. if workers are also taking questions would be the only way to simulate that.

23 hours ago, Amyzyng said:

Phew... I've had some Effverse saves go 70+ years. CVerse I've had some go 40-50. I recently picked up Mammoth's (absolutely amazing) 1970 Territory Daze mod and am creeping up on the year 2000.

All of these are edge cases and the new avatar setting doesn't affect most players. 

How many shows are you booking each month?

23 hours ago, d12345 said:

but like actually this got me thinking... I wonder if a Brawl Out situation will be able to occur at one of the scrums?

Ah, that's a good shout. 

"A brawl breaks out between XYZ after your answers cause a rift between workers."

"XYZ now have "Hatred" for one another."

I'd pop for it lol

• Like 3

On 7/12/2024 at 4:48 AM, ToxicTurtleyTop said:

Where 2020 was the base is it still using Visual Basic, instead of something like py or gd?

Yep. The biggest disappointment. A modern PC will still act like a potato :)

• Like 3

Really excited for the game. I'm hoping we see this as a new feature in a diary post soon but Adam is there a more in depth when booking shows in cities now? Where you can gain pop in cities not just mid south, north east, etc. Thanks

17 minutes ago, AlexTheTall said:

I am really excited with the new game. I hope we can play fullscreen this time... So I can stream it without any problems

Adam has already said it will be the same resolution. One thing that helped me stream it easier was switching my resolution to something like 1366×760, that makes it full screen. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AlexTheTall said:

I am really excited with the new game. I hope we can play fullscreen this time... So I can stream it without any problems

Just use streamlabs' or xsplit's screen region grab.

• Thanks 2