TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

Reading the loading screen entry: would it be possible to add a third option that kinda combines the two?

Another folder for worker specific loading screens that the game pulls from and then either shows the full screen with picture, stats and bio or leaves out the picture (organic bio + stats + worker specific loading screen could be a nice passive way to keep track of what's going on in the game while waiting). File name could be tied to the worker picture to make it easier. Or too late/too much work/too obscure?

Auto highlight: does this also work with tabbing or only clicking?

5 minutes ago, triabolo said:

Reading the loading screen entry: would it be possible to add a third option that kinda combines the two? .... Or too late/too much work/too obscure?

It would be far too late. To reiterate, suggestions that didn't come in until after the game was announced have virtually zero chance of being implemented (unless they were incredibly minor) as there simply isn't time to code and test them inside of a few weeks / days. I don't think that's an unreasonable stance given that people have had four years to make use of the Suggestions forum and I've gone out of my way to include as many as possible.

5 minutes ago, triabolo said:

Auto highlight: does this also work with tabbing or only clicking?

It works with either.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, OleCrankyGamer said:

Questions for Historical Mods

2- Will wrestlers open up their promotions even if they are employed? Such as Baba and Inoki leaving JWA to found AJPW & NJPW respectively?

10- Lastly, and thank you very much for even reading this Adam, I love TEW2020 very much and cannot wait for the new game...so lastly, do not recall if you touched on this about TV shows, but will there be a way to have them like events and go dormant at a certain date? I.E. WWWF Hollywood Wrestling giving way to WWWF Championship Wrestling, later B show WWWF All-Star Wrestling comes around, then they give way to WWF Superstars of Wrestling and WWF Wrestling Challenge? The trigger could be the year, so no broadcasters or Promotion tries to extend the deal of the old show a year prior to the new one becoming active

You asked some great questions here. I especially like question 10. I singled these two out because I think these could potentially be covered under all the new changes to narratives. We'll know for sure on the 27th (if Adam doesn't get to it first) but if true, would be a huge boost to historical DBs

• Like 2

Bullying people into improving their mic work is a feature I didn't know I needed. KC Glenn and others of his ilk are going to end up hating me now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Still getting more excited for each new feature

At this point my only other wants are to recalibrate how match aims work, since currently you can get maximum results using regular, and anything else has too many potential downsides to justify it besides match aims/product reasons

In particular Spectacle/Epic serve no purpose for this reason. That and looking to see how the new angles work (so you can’t guarantee a 100 angle on a weekly basis).

• Like 5

Minor question but do any of the features/changes make it easier to talk workers into cutting hair and stuff like that? Or give more information as to why. 

Obviously quite small but when creating fantasy storylines/scenarios it's a bit of a hindrance when fantasy rather than realism is what you're playing for. 

4 hours ago, MadsMC said:

Literally had a dream last night that TEW IX came out early and I was playing it. Woke up to be pretty disappointed. 

Safe to say that I'm really hyped for this game.

Sooo. How was the interface?

• Haha 2

Lots of features revealed or expanded on that you wouldn't think of primarily but am happy they are getting included and updated. Looking forward to the final journal entries.

Auto Text Selection

For ease of use, text boxes now automatically highlight their contents when clicked, making it quicker to type in replacement text. This is especially helpful when editing as it saves a ton of time.

Chef's kiss!

• Like 1

@Adam Ryland

Will the color scheme of the UI be dark-ish like in past versions of the game?

As a visually impaired person this is kinda important for whether or not I can play the game, as a bright color scheme will just blind me.

Thanks in advance and I'm amazed by all the new features, you're the best!

5 minutes ago, Adam Ryland said:

I'd say it's the same darkness as 2020's.

That's great, 2020 works perfectly for my eyes. Thank you for the quick reply.

4 minutes ago, Adam Ryland said:

I'd say it's the same darkness as 2020's.

Missed a perfect opportunity to offer the tiniest screenshot that contains no information but a background colour to really tease the awaiting buyers (25x25pixels would have been hilarious)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Amyzyng said:

You asked some great questions here. I especially like question 10. I singled these two out because I think these could potentially be covered under all the new changes to narratives. We'll know for sure on the 27th (if Adam doesn't get to it first) but if true, would be a huge boost to historical DBs

Thanks and I think you found the easy solution

That  is how I do things like GCCW going 'defunct' and turning into SECW where I have the name, banner, logo and abbreviation change in the narrative

Would love TEW IX to have God Mode though, so I don't have to add Ron Fuller, become owner of SECW and kick the booker out then leave the game

2 minutes ago, Clarity said:

Missed a perfect opportunity to offer the tiniest screenshot that contains no information but a background colour to really tease the awaiting buyers (25x25pixels would have been hilarious)

Just coloring the text

Will there be any adjustments to how the AI attempts to "fix" databases at the beginning of saves - killing stables, brand splits, etc? Right now there's no way to reliably stop that from happening on our end.

Edited by D.W.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, same-old-davey said:

I know no one looks at my diaries, cuz they're fairly weird and experimental in concept, but I definitely want to try another weird one when the new game comes.

I know the feeling. I’ve got a diary itch as well (it never ends well)

"You also have the option whether to let the game create output text based on what you've booked or write your own, with the latter being useful for immersion purposes and for those who make diaries / YouTube videos and who want custom text. If you write custom text, this replaces any generated content and is what you'll see when the angle runs."

If we can write angles in the booking phase, can we also write up the matches?

6 hours ago, Astil said:

Do Avatars have a choice in who they mentor or does it follow the same logic as any other character?

And if they do have a say, I'm guessing there's checks and balances in place to prevent abuse?

4 hours ago, SanX said:

Bullying people into improving their mic work is a feature I didn't know I needed.

Same. My post-show speech is always praise and/or criticism based on in-ring performance. Would be nice to have this new option for more targeted feedback, especially if you're running a promo-heavy product or have that amazing worker who still can't be trusted with a mic.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MitchHedberg said:

Yo Adam, I feel like you should just go ahead and release the retail version this week, nah mean?

It's for bug testing. 2020 was a nightmare. I agree with you buy also let's wait. A week 

• Like 2

Any word on price yet?  Adam can have my money as soon as he'll take it.

Can't wait for the trial version this weekend.  Reading about the changes is fun, but I wanna try out all the new stuff and see where the C-Verse stands. :)