The C-Verse 2022 Predictions thread

7 hours ago, alpha2117 said:

Love Rockverse.  A lot of people contributed ideas and it resulted in Willr0cks stuff having a lot of varied flavour.  I would recommend anyone who wanted adding characters to Cverse to look at that mod 

It also seems like an update was in the works when TEW IX was announced and we're getting a brand new release for the new game. I couldn't be more excited #DondeEstaLaPollo

9 hours ago, The Masked Orange said:

I've been around on these forums long enough to remember when the criticism with C-Verse changes was the opposite of what it is now - that too many exciting changes happened between the games and not enough happened in game and the dissonance put off a lot of people.

That's sort of what I meant when I said there would be disappointed people no matter the changes (or lack thereof) because we all have a preference and it is by definition impossible for any new iteration of the CVerse to perfectly get what a single person was hoping for, let alone the entire fanbase.

I'm quite "anti" or "hate-inspired" when it comes to deciding on a new save. I'll hate the fact there's not enough women's promotions, so I'll set up one of my own and kickstart the women's revolution. I love the 90s gangsta rap vibe of GSW, so their beef with IPW was an added bonus, gives me focus, someone I aim to take down, before I then aim to take down CZCW to become the #1 guy in California, then the #1 hardcore promotion in America and so on. I loved BCG for its simplicity, but the feud with GCG gave me someone to fight and measure my success against. And every time I do a save in Europe, it's because I hate how it feels like a wasteland and none of the existing 3 promotions there are to my liking.

Guess what I'm trying to say here is, if you see something you don't like, instead of complaining about it, use it as inspiration for a new save. Revive OLLIE, like people have been doing with DAVE for ages. Take over one of the major promotions and start a Women's Division there. Set up a new deathmatch promotion in Japan. There's so many options.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

It also seems like an update was in the works when TEW IX was announced and we're getting a brand new release for the new game. I couldn't be more excited #DondeEstaLaPollo

The answer is apparently in the Nuggets!  Itmay not have lasted log but it was still one of the greatest promotions in history.  The Exoticos, the Sins, the Germans, the Playthings El Ccccccchhhhhuuuuuupppprrrrraaaaacccccaaaaabbbbrrrrrraaaaaaa!!!!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Guess what I'm trying to say here is, if you see something you don't like, instead of complaining about it, use it as inspiration for a new save. Revive OLLIE, like people have been doing with DAVE for ages. Take over one of the major promotions and start a Women's Division there. Set up a new deathmatch promotion in Japan. There's so many options.

The issue is not just 'not liking changes'. The issue is that it's hard to feel immersed or suspend disbelief when large parts of the game world feel like they've been held in stasis. For example, if I play a promotion in the CV I like to feel like its history makes sense. It's hard to be invested in say Burning Hammer when the answer to 'what's happened over the past two years that will influence my booking' is...'not much', or to be invested in Black Canvas when it's had so little development since it was introduced. Similarly it doesn't feel like there's a war going on between 3 major promotions in the United States when the main event scenes and products have barely changed, compare that to how quickly WWF and WCW evolved every two years and it just feels unexciting. Yes I like telling stories in the game, but I find it's more difficult to do that if the background is so hard to believe.

As I said, I'm not bothered because I know the forum will work on an alternative and I know not everyone feels the same way or even plays the CV, it's just that I'll probably put off purchasing until then.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AT-67 said:

Yes I like telling stories in the game, but I find it's more difficult to do that if the background is so hard to believe.

As I said, I'm not bothered because I know the forum will work on an alternative and I know not everyone feels the same way or even plays the CV, it's just that I'll probably put off purchasing until then.

Understandable. I see your point and it sure makes sense. I guess the difference is how off-putting this is for each of us and where we draw the line in regards to how that affects our decision to buy and enjoy the game.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The Masked Orange said:

I think there's been a new philosophy with the C-Verse since at least TEW20 in that more of the drive for fun 'dynamic' things should be the stuff that happens in-game.

The problem with that in my opinion is that the game mechanics do not allow a lot of "dynamic" things to happen

Characters who jump ship to other companies have no other ingame motivation than money or loyalty, you dont get workers being pissed at a company and making their own one, you dont get for example a son of a wrestler reviving the promotion his dad made to see if he can carry the legacy etc

i guess what i'm trying to say is that a lot of what makes cverse changes fun are context, explanations as to why something happened, why company a or b closed or got better, why worker x is suddenly on the other side of the world. in game all that is lacking unless you "imagine" it and put it in bios yourself

It's just massively dissapointing that in 2 years the game world has barely changed with no new companies (especially bad with women's wrestling and come on, a land as massive as canada only has 2 companies while australia gets 4? British isles only get 3?), no new future companies, only 1 company thats gone while other companies who are/were in way direr straits still alive (looking at you SNP), workers that are stagnant (like no way that guys like ernest, logan, cali and others should still be in PSW and GSW, barely any new women and this whole addition of gender and identity and not having a single worker actually take advantage of it outside of 2? ) a lot of workers who just touched their 40's randomly retiring...

• Like 7

3 hours ago, AT-67 said:

The issue is not just 'not liking changes'. The issue is that it's hard to feel immersed or suspend disbelief when large parts of the game world feel like they've been held in stasis. For example, if I play a promotion in the CV I like to feel like its history makes sense. It's hard to be invested in say Burning Hammer when the answer to 'what's happened over the past two years that will influence my booking' is...'not much', or to be invested in Black Canvas when it's had so little development since it was introduced. Similarly it doesn't feel like there's a war going on between 3 major promotions in the United States when the main event scenes and products have barely changed, compare that to how quickly WWF and WCW evolved every two years and it just feels unexciting. Yes I like telling stories in the game, but I find it's more difficult to do that if the background is so hard to believe.

My take on this is that if you actually look things have changed for every company - some more than others - ultimately though when you are playing things tend to alter fairly rapidly.  The really important stuff happens when you are playing and thats probably the right choice.

37 minutes ago, AlanMaths677 said:

Yeah the lack of women's wrestling evolving at all is probably my biggest gripe. 

Yeah same.  Dark Raider has mentioned Willr0cks womens mod and Rockverse stuff - both of which contain a lot of fun womens talent - when the game releases proper using the mod and maybe importing people like the Sins, Devils Playthings, Annabelle the Cannibal etc from Rockverse will help kickoff a bit of an reEvolution in the Cverse.

58 minutes ago, alpha2117 said:

Yeah same.  Dark Raider has mentioned Willr0cks womens mod and Rockverse stuff - both of which contain a lot of fun womens talent - when the game releases proper using the mod and maybe importing people like the Sins, Devils Playthings, Annabelle the Cannibal etc from Rockverse will help kickoff a bit of an reEvolution in the Cverse.

That's good to hear. I said in the beta discussion that after looking at everything, CVerse has always been a canvas to build on some creativity and I have been thinking of just changing a couple things around. Ernest Youngman didn't get picked up by a big promotion? Well I'll just make it so he does. Lack of women's promotion? Well I'll just have CWWF or Winnow open early. This with the roster additions I expect to see in the coming weeks can maybe spice things up. 

As an SWF guy I think I'm definitely going to change some things around. Had this idea after Jerry is caught with the children out of wedlock, it also comes out that Eric and Jerry still take direction from their father in the booking. All this causes them to be a butt of jokes. They also lose some great in ring talent who feel theyre never going to advance in the stale product. Then around 2021 the brothers decide enough is enough, they tell their dad to kick rocks and completely start changing their booking philosophy. Feel like I can build the SWF I kind of wanted off that, using the same roster with maybe some subtractions and additions. 

It'll be a lot of work but I think the fun of making a new narrative will carry it for me.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AlanMaths677 said:

Yeah the lack of women's wrestling evolving at all is probably my biggest gripe. 

On the plus side, it's much easier to use the Quick Fill option this year, thanks to there being more Free Pictures for female wrestlers in the database.