Can somebody help me with hex editing?

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about regarding hex editing this games, go to thread "Superstar Skill Caps ?". My problem is that I'm getting weird values for these number when I convert them. For instance, E803 is 59395. I know that's not the value of any potential stat in this game! I get similarly rediculous numbers all around. Am I doing something wrong? Is it all different because the values go accross multiple groupings or whatever you call them with spaces in betwee? I'm probably sounding dumb to some of you. I've never seen anything like this before with values spanning those different groups of 4 numbers.

[QUOTE=sphanlon]Really, why is the actual decimal value so wierdly high? I wonder what would happen if I entered that for the current stuff. Would my stats read 100, 53k+, or just crash the darn thing!?[/QUOTE] well i really don't think it would make a difference because i've looked at the values in other hex editors and ended up with really long numbers aswell, but assuming your resilence stat is 100% and it is E803 i'd say the best thing to do would be create a backup of your save then edit and see what happens and if it doesnt work just use the backup save.

[QUOTE=ahw26]well i really don't think it would make a difference because i've looked at the values in other hex editors and ended up with really long numbers aswell, but assuming your resilence stat is 100% and it is E803 i'd say the best thing to do would be create a backup of your save then edit and see what happens and if it doesnt work just use the backup save.[/QUOTE] Hex workshop actually gives you the option of creating a backup of the 001.ws2 file when you save your changes.

• 5 months later...
First of all, hi to everyone and apologizes for my bad english, I'm from Italy. ;) Upping old topics sometimes is not seen as a good thing to do: if that's the policy here, additional apologizes. :rolleyes: Well, I have a small problem with the game and a request. I just feel like providing a bit of context, but ahem, I suppose *you* may not feel like reading boring stuff...so just jump to the end of the message. :D I purchased the game just before New Year's Eve, and, occasional partying with friends aside, I've been pretty much playing it non-stop all these days. It's very good and addicting, and the only thing that made me stop for a while was...well, the TEW 2007 demo. Oh, man...I must resist the urge to buy that too: I can barely sleep now! Well, anyway. In one of my games I started as Yuma Maruya. It was my first save, straight from the demo. I've started better careers, easier to play and with a less steep curve....but I admit it, I have a soft spot for that game, being my first and all. Oh, well, and she's cute, too. ^_^; I am in 2009 now. Not a big advance in the game, just a couple of years. But the problem is: she's getting old. Yep, old. She's just 24 (!), but her health has already started to degenerate. That's fair to me (almost): the html files included in the game do mention that wrestling pure and spot monkey matches shortens your career, and unfortunately both BSG, 5SSW and the other employers I've had so far DO make that kind of matches. At the point I am now, "my" body stats are still in the high 90s, but for every match fought, even super short sports entertainment or tag matches where I'm barely (if any at all) involved, they DO drop almost always by a 0.1-0.2, more often than not in 2 body parts. At this rate, she will become a cripple before she's 30 years old. Which is unfortunate, because in Japan she already has reached the max popularity she is allowed to (she's hardcapped at C+, sadly), and to be able to be employed in some Regional or Cult promotion in the USA (I was aiming for AAA, an obvious choice...I've befriended a couple of workers there, but with popularity in the "E"s friendships can help you so far... :D), she really needs to work. Badly! C'mon, she didn't compete in a single hardcore match...and in most of those so called "spot monkey" matches she didn't even climb a turnbuckle. Hell, I've had matches without even being IRISH WHIPPED. I want to give her a break, honestly. [SIZE="6"]SO,[/SIZE] I really would like to be able to restore my character's health a little bit. Being able to raise the hard capped Popularity in Japan would help too (in a previous thread, an image was referenced...but the link appears to be dead now), but really, being able to slow down (duh, I don't plan to be 100% in my 40s) this uber-quick aging process would be just nice, thanks. ^^ Thanks for your attention and, in advance, for your kind response. Bye, Sammo

Archived