Real World General Information

I have made / am making an excel sheet with basic information for TEW IX. Download link in second post.

Currently this houses the following information:

2100 real world wrestlers with date of birth, height, weight, nationality and company as of data pull (7/16/2024).

image.png.c879962b94b8c7e545bb7f893a07403c.png

100 real world companies with start date, close date if applicable and location as of data pull (7/16/2024).

image.png.0d491e7429b251352400e8dc8082aedb.png

570 title reign entries across 8 titles including Worker Name, Company Name, Title Name, Date Won, Date Lost and name matching to the Worker Tab to ensure accuracy in importing.

image.png.62d74f0e0ed0bc3b76d4bb4d228931a8.png

Should open to a Dashboard now that links to each page and has my running checklist.

image.png.2d281ef6f8b78598e8aab2929ac63790.png

More to come obviously.

The information is all sourced from publicly available data on cagematch.net

Edited by Astil
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Not to sound like a dick, but did you read the announcements?

As this uses Windows' in-built calendar system, it can handle multiple formats. For example, you can type "July 4 2024", "2024-7-4" or "4th July 2024" and it will understand what you're referring to. However, it is recommended that you use the international standard of "YYYY-MM-DD" to avoid any chance of ambiguities. Wherever a date input is found, you'll find a calendar icon - clicking this will launch a pop-up calendar so that you can simply click the date you want rather than having to always type it.

You may want to look into updating the dates.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

Not to sound like a dick, but did you read the announcements?

You may want to look into updating the dates.

You mean "oh hey, you might have missed this part check it out"?

Fixed :D thanks for bringing it to my attention

Also the date of birth is stored in the excel in Excel Date sequential serial numbers too in a hidden column to make changes like this super easy.

image.png.e6926cf6b5c15cd9c373139fa2ebd097.png

Edited by Astil
  • Like 3

Also to be clear regarding a question asked privately: 

this is not done with data scrubbing or bots on the site, just good old copy paste and post paste automation. Should not impact the host data speed in any way :).

Please do not use data pull automation without asking the host data first as it could cause server side slowdowns when doing things like this. Thats my little PSA. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Idolized said:

God’s work, man!

even just having this excel file to search workers by name and having all of the data laid out will make it so much easier than searching cagematch and other sources for each worker.

Thanks I hope so! I want to make it easier on TEW IX modders.

7 hours ago, Almaida said:

Yeah this is really amazing, thanks so much for doing this!

You're welcome!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Astil said:

You mean "oh hey, you might have missed this part check it out"?

Fixed :D thanks for bringing it to my attention

Also the date of birth is stored in the excel in Excel Date sequential serial numbers too in a hidden column to make changes like this super easy.

image.png.e6926cf6b5c15cd9c373139fa2ebd097.png

Sorry about that, I was trying to word it in a way to apologise for giving you extra work to fix it.

EDIT

Are columns E and F the metric equivalents of height and weight? If so nice to cover all bases.

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheWho87 said:

Sorry about that, I was trying to word it in a way to apologise for giving you extra work to fix it.

EDIT

Are columns E and F the metric equivalents of height and weight? If so nice to cover all bases.

Sorry for being snippy real life money stuff happened lol (all set now just a bank glitch that made my 401k appear to have 2 bucks)

Wish I could take credit but thats cagematch's wrestler database being based in Germany more than me.

• Like 3

On 7/19/2024 at 10:41 AM, Kiheiji said:

This is a good start. 

Wrestlers do gain/lose weight over their careers though, so that's another challenge.

Yeah Im not sure hkw often I would update it but honestly at least having a baseline will be helpful to most modders methinks.

On 7/16/2024 at 6:04 PM, Astil said:

I also plan to turn this into a csv and an .mdb file for easy import once I feel better about the data. I see you non-excel users.

You could also share a OneDrive URL so you can keep a real-time master database that anyone can view (read only) and download if they want - into a variety of formats (including CSV).

Edited by Iceman90

4 minutes ago, Iceman90 said:

You could also share a OneDrive URL so you can keep a real-time master database that anyone can view (read only) and download if they want - into a variety of formats.

This, absolutely - this could actually really make it way easier for people to make mods if done right.