TEW 2020 to TEW IX Database Conversion Checklist

This will work like the 2016 to 2020 thread. We are looking to compile all areas that need to be edited or re-examined when converting a TEW 2020 mod to TEW IX. It would be really helpful to have a complete check list for modders to look at. Feel free to suggest any that come to mind just from reading the journals, and I suspect the rest will be filled out when the editor and game releases.

Dates - title lineages, event dates, birthdays, debut dates, opening dates for venues, companies, schools.

Heights & Weights'

Relationships -

Loyalty becomes "Mutual Respect"

Strong Friendship becomes Deep Friendship (regular Friendship is not used)

Best Friend becomes Like Family

Simmering Tension becomes Strong Dislike

Strong Dislike becomes Open Hostility

Hatred stays Hatred (Mutual Loathing is not used)

Romantic Relationships:

Split Up becomes Broken Up (Permanent Split is not used)

Mentor/Protege:

Protege becomes Mentor/Protege + Mutual RespectNOTE: the elder person is always listed first after conversion, which is the opposite of how Protege is listed in 2020. So if you try to Make Biography in the editor, it'll be listed backwards (e.g. William Regal as Bryan Danielson's protege). It's weird, but the game fixes it when you launch a new save, so no need to worry about it.

Blood Relative becomes Parent if there's a big enough age gap (I don't know how big), otherwise it becomes Sibling (this can happen with parents/aunts/uncles who are close enough in age to the younger person). None of the other Family Relationships were used.

Edited by D16NJD16
  • Like 4

It might have been logical to wait till at least the demo comes out because there may be things not mentioned in the journal that would need adjusting. As it sits now you and anyone else would just be speculating.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

It might have been logical to wait till at least the demo comes out because there may be things not mentioned in the journal that would need adjusting. As it sits now you and anyone else would just be speculating.

It will be compiled over a period of weeks, but we can be certain of some things just from the journals, such as height and weight.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 7:44 AM, Fleisch said:

With the new calendar- title lineages, event dates, birthdays, debut dates, opening dates for venues, companies, schools.

Hopefully with the inclusion of external editors, all this stuff could be copy and pasted into every mod.

I've been digging around in the editor and found some common relationship conversions. Lots of tidying up to do, especially for family relationships.

Family Relationships:

• Blood Relative becomes Parent if there's a big enough age gap (I don't know how big), otherwise it becomes Sibling (this can happen with parents/aunts/uncles who are close enough in age to the younger person). None of the other Family Relationships were used.
  • Family Feud becomes Parent or Sibling + Hatred.

Personal Relationships:

• Loyalty becomes Mutual Respect
  • Strong Friendship becomes Deep Friendship (regular Friendship is not used)
  • Best Friend becomes Like Family
  • Simmering Tension becomes Strong Dislike
  • Strong Dislike becomes Open Hostility
  • Hatred stays Hatred (Mutual Loathing is not used)

Romantic Relationships:

• Split Up becomes Broken Up (Permanent Split is not used)
  • All others stay the same

Mentor/Protege:

• Protege becomes Mentor/Protege + Mutual Respect
  • NOTE: the elder person is always listed first after conversion, which is the opposite of how Protege is listed in 2020. So if you try to Make Biography in the editor, it'll be listed backwards (e.g. William Regal as Bryan Danielson's protege). It's weird, but the game fixes it when you launch a new save, so no need to worry about it.
Edited by Almaida
  • Like 3

Sorry for the double post, just want to report that I found a converted Family Feud relationship: it became Parent/Sibling + Hatred. Seems a bit intense to me but there you go. 😅 Updated my post for clarity.