General Gameplay Questions Thread

3 hours ago, Mr_Hendrix said:

Thank you! I remember it being much easier to find these breakdowns in prior games, so for this game I wasn't sure how these roles were calculated. I'm gonna try using Character Development instead of Cutting Promos and see if it helps my ratings.

It is in the handbook under angle roles.

Edited by Doctor Crunch

12 minutes ago, Goliathus said:

image.thumb.png.15612cf1daf08be341710321150026bb.pngFirst time getting the strong connection with certain demographic message. Anyone know how that works and what's the effect of it?

In the diary I have been doing I've seen it a lot actually.  It seems to come up a lot with young female workers having a strong connection to the fanbase - I think it's one of those random things.  I have a lot of young females and I think it gives a bit of a boost to their reactions and pop gains - the girls who get it are gaining pop faster than the ones that dont but admittedly I have tended to push them more anyway partly because any message telling you someone is getting over is normally a good indicator that they should be pushed.

Edited by alpha2117
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, alpha2117 said:

In the diary I have been doing I've seen it a lot actually.  It seems to come up a lot with young female workers having a strong connection to the fanbase - I think it's one of those random things.  I have a lot of young females and I think it gives a bit of a boost to their reactions and pop gains - the girls who get it are gaining pop faster than the ones that dont but admittedly I have tended to push them more anyway partly because any message telling you someone is getting over is normally a good indicator that they should be pushed.

Pretty much this. The young female demographic reaction is not a new thing. It's been around at least as far back as TEW2016, maybe even further but I can't remember that far back.

5 hours ago, Goliathus said:

image.thumb.png.15612cf1daf08be341710321150026bb.pngFirst time getting the strong connection with certain demographic message. Anyone know how that works and what's the effect of it?

I had gotten that for a few months with Joanna Silver. Not sure what its impact is.

But like alpha said, I'd be pushing her more if you aren't already. It is after all telling you that part of the fan base really likes her. And we're all about the fans because they put their butts in seats.

Edited by beemer

5 minutes ago, Seanaxel01 said:

When you are size Big or above, is there any point in holding your TV shows or events in other Regions other than your Home Region?

I would say it depends on your broadcasting coverage and if you want to hit titanic eventually. I’m pretty sure Tasmania caps out unless you specifically run show there (I seem to recall someone complaining in the suggestion forum). I’m not sure if any of the other smaller regions also cap out. The pop cap gets ignored for the region the show is held in (or at least that’s how it worked in 2020). Of course if you have growth limits turned off in the options then it doesn’t really matter.

Is it worth it to reduce ticket prices? 

I'm playing USPW. I'm making money hand over fist. I spent a fortune in January and almost made it all back midway through February... 

The thing is, I want to get to titanic. The only thing that really matters is increasing popularity. Should I make my tickets cheaper to get more people in the door? Or would this be a bad idea? How can I keep my popularity growing to reach the mountaintop? 

I was playing around with options of AI scheduling events , mainly for touring promotions (Created Tours).

Based on that experience I'd like to post in the Suggestion thread a couple of things... but first I have questions.

Does a company's size in some way influence the amount of tour days/length of a tour?

Does the AI ever change/update their touring schedule over the years or will it stick to what it generates when the promotion becoes active?

On 9/14/2024 at 2:05 AM, DirigoJoe said:

I'm playing USPW. I'm making money hand over fist. I spent a fortune in January and almost made it all back midway through February... 

The thing is, I want to get to titanic. The only thing that really matters is increasing popularity. Should I make my tickets cheaper to get more people in the door? Or would this be a bad idea? How can I keep my popularity growing to reach the mountaintop? 

You can make a backup save, and then test run a month with very cheap ticket price and see the result. See your profit/loss to determine if you want to do it. I don't even say pop cuz very cheap is super helpful on pop gain, it's just a matter of financial whether you want to use it or not. Pop-gain wise it's the best option.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Goliathus said:

You can make a backup save, and then test run a month with very cheap ticket price and see the result. See your profit/loss to determine if you want to do it. I don't even say pop cuz very cheap is super helpful on pop gain, it's just a matter of financial whether you want to use it or not. Pop-gain wise it's the best option.

Honestly with USPW it almost doesn't matter with the back-up save.  A month where you potentially lose a bit of money on ticket prices wont make much difference.  They could call it Fan's month and take the loss and it would hardly mattter to their bottom line.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 4:05 AM, DirigoJoe said:

Not sure on ticket pricing - it might work and it's not like you dont have the money stored up to take a loss financially for a month to test it.

Talent raiding helps too.  Check out CWA, SWF and TCW's younger Stars & Major Stars contracts - maybe RAW and 21CW too and go a calling when the contracts are coming up of people that will maximise your match and angle scores.  Weaken your opposition and strengthen yourself is a simple effective strategy when you have close to unlimited funds. 

Aaron Knight, Brooke Tyler, Swoop McCarthy, Tommy Cornell, Grave Digger, Will Beaumont & Christmas Wilson, Kian Owens, Loxley Robbins, Nicky Gilbert, Hollywood Bret Starr, Dreadnought, Hellion, Scythe, Mikey Lau, Primus Allen, Aaron Andrews, Greg Gauge, Jay Chord, Spencer Spade, High Flyin Hawaiian, Lauren Easter, Son of Vengeance & Wolf Hawkins are all names from those companies well worth getting into a bidding war for if they become available and you want to grow more in popularity long term ... at worst they resign with their current company at inflated prices.  There are older workers who you could go after but it's sort of worth it to leave them where they are and go into decline there and drain your rivals of cash.  

Others who are not in those but are excellent pick-ups if you are hoping to grow - Fuyuko Higa, KC Glenn, Luke Steele, Magnum Kobe, Mass Hulk, Demolition Drebin, Hell's Bouncer, Iggy Riot, Original Sinner, Super Massive Destroyer, Tevita Takulua, Thorsten Sigurdsson, Warlord Fear, Brandon Saito, Talia Quinzel all have 90+ in either SQ, Sex Appeal or Menace so can be pushed pretty easily.  These people are cheap for you too in relative terms.  They wont move the needle straight away but they will eventually if handled right.

With USPW you have so much cash that what you need to do is weaken the rivals whilst strengthening yourself and people with big pop, SQ, Menace or Sex Appeal are the hires that help you do that.  The names I have mentioned.  To get to that Titanic level you need 4 regions I believe so Canada and the US need to be combined with Mexico, The Isles, India or Oceania.  Japan is too hard.   Ocenaia and the Isles are English speaking so are inherently easier for you.  Getting say Swoop McCarthy and a couple of the other Oceanic talents can get you over more in Oceania and someone like Beaumont is potentially the best wrestler in the game.  As for British Isles 21CW will probably go broke in a few years and you can hasten that and if they start to collapse you can run amok in the Isles unopposed. If you get Tommy and Grave Digger you can absolutely crush 21CW.   Raiding the Indian fed is sort of worthwhile too - there are some good young people there and having them opens up a 5th regional option to reach that next level eventually - Parvin Kishan, Prince Rupy, Rathi Rani, Ravishing Ravi Ray & Sensational Sarja are all super cheap for you and all offer a lot of potential.  Oh and most of RAW's talent is on handshake deals so can be poached straight away.

Edited by alpha2117
  • Like 2

Does anyone know if the new career plans can override the loyalty system? I'm thinking of people like Nakamura and Okada who you would have thought will be NJPW lifers but at some point in their career their plans became about doing something different. I kind of imagined this is the kind of impact career plans could have but couldn't see anywhere stating if it does

1 minute ago, GoldenBrady said:

Does anyone know if the new career plans can override the loyalty system? I'm thinking of people like Nakamura and Okada who you would have thought will be NJPW lifers but at some point in their career their plans became about doing something different. I kind of imagined this is the kind of impact career plans could have but couldn't see anywhere stating if it does

No, they don't have any relation to each other.

Hi Adam and fellow Puroresu fans,

I'm currently exploring how TEW handles tours, especially for Japanese promotions, and I'm comparing it to real-life examples to optimize these for a long-term save project.

First I'm focused on Understanding Tours from the Game's Perspective. When creating a company, there are some options:

1. **Fixed Schedule:**
   - The modder creates a fixed schedule, which remains consistent as the game progresses (unless altered by narratives).

2. **AI-Generated Tours:**
   - There's an option to let the AI generate tours.
   - **Result:** Every month, the AI books a tour consisting of 1 to 10 tour shows plus a tour final event.
   - **Observation:** While this method should incorporate existing events, tests have resulted in somewhat erratic schedules.

3. **AI-Generated Tours with Preset Schedules:**
   - The AI sets up a tour with an initial show, a final event to conclude the tour, and a few tour shows in between.
   - **Observation:** Tour matches seem to have large gaps between them; for example, monthly tours had only 9 shows over 29 days.

**Suggestions:**

- **Event Naming Consistency:**
  - It would be helpful if the generated events could be named the same as the tour for better clarity.
- **Frequency Option:**
  - Adding an option to set how many events are held ("frequency") during a tour would enhance customization.

**Question for Adam:**

1. **Does the AI ever change a touring schedule over the years?**

- **Context:** There seems to be no variation in how companies book tours based on their size. Smaller companies might not tour every month and would likely have fewer dates per tour.
   - **Suggestion:** It would be great if companies could grow organically in-game and adjust their schedules accordingly, reflecting their size and market presence.

• Like 1

I feel like Ruthless Aggression should also be able to hire Adult Entertainers without penalty like Attitude Entertainment, a lot of the women's roster for WWE did pose for adult pics during the Ruthless Aggression era I think at a higher rate then they did during the Attitude Era, also WWE during the had a few angles inspired directly by Adult Entertainment. The Edge and Lita segment is one example.

10 hours ago, JMPunk said:

So I have two companies I own,  but I don't want them to run as dev companies.  Instead,  I want them to make their own choices and staffing/hiring.  Would removing the "Accept's Dev Talent" under relationships accomplish this? 

Yes.

9 hours ago, BuddyGarner2 said:

What’s the purpose of different parts to an angle?

To allow you to have people taking on different roles and lengths of time on-screen depending on what's happening. See the Angles section of the handbook for more detail.

• Like 1