General Gameplay Questions Thread

Hey, a question for you all. I might be doing this wrong but has something happened the auto booker matches this year as for the last few years match lengths came in at sub 15 - 19 mins long which for me was fine, but my current game im having 25 - 35 min matches being generated every show and its frustrating when you want to bomb through shows and dont want to have to constantly adjust every single match timing right down.

Was there a way to reduce this at all and is it any chance related to core or base products, or simply auto booker takes into account the default lengths set out by match timings ie min figures and max figures.

1 hour ago, RobinS said:

You should look if each event ticket price aren't set to Normal instead of Default in the event screen. 

it's default unfortunately, seems like i have to set it up manually. 

21 hours ago, d12345 said:

These are all interesting takes. I haven't ever been able to decipher if popularity is to represent how many 'fans' a person has or how well-known they are in game.

I agree politicians are polarizing and should be strong/weak in specific regions to reflect it. Trump might have low popularity in a few areas and be 100 in a few areas and 80 in a few. Same with Harris. Probably different (opposite) areas.

For me, the question "how popular" is "how popular in context to the fanbase of people in the region who would either want to see the person, or appreciate the person's presence". If they are as popular as the promotion itself, they should at least be the reason some people came.

Then there is audience tendency - WWE fans tend to be more rightwing and pro-Trump while AEW fans tend to be a lot more left leaning and anti-Trump and different regions also have different leanings. And regional tendency - some regions just have a leaning left/right and certain politicians would be better/worse received there.

Lastly, there is game user bias - a MAGA player will probably use Trump as a babyface while an Anti-Trump player would use him as a heel or just mark him as retired and never see him.

And it's this way with any celebrity fanbase whether it's Taylor Swift, ICP, Logan Paul, or Metallica. A fan of the celebrity will want them "faithfully portrayed" and use them most likely as a babyface (unless they love heels).

Edited by thadian
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lr10540 said:

Where can you find the monthly availability calendar where it shows which workers are available/unavailable on which days? I can't seem to find it anywhere in TEW9.

Is it the one in Events & TV > Availability?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VBigB said:

I believe it’s also available on the pre-booking screen, but I’m at work so can’t confirm.

There is one but due to how pre-booking only taking effect a week in advance it doesn't show any dates withing the next 6 days on that one.

Is there a way to loan a worker to developmental for multiple dates while still having them work for you? I want to be able to do what's happening in real life with workers working both NXT and main roster for multiple dates, possibly even winning a title

On 8/18/2024 at 9:49 PM, Bailey1985 said:

Booking Skill and associated stuff

How would a UC lose booking skill points?

How does one depush wrestlers or give them a super push? If you look at the handbook it mentions this is a buff for >75 and >85 skill but I have no idea where to find this or how I'd know to do it.

Anyone got any knowledge on this?

14 minutes ago, Bailey1985 said:

Anyone got any knowledge on this?

If you read carefully I believe this is referring to what an AI booker can do and has no bearing on the user character.

I‘ll have another look at it when I get home from work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VBigB said:

If you read carefully I believe this is referring to what an AI booker can do and has no bearing on the user character.

I‘ll have another look at it when I get home from work.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. I've had not COVID (looks like COVID, acts like COVID, isn't COVID according to a test) since Friday so I apologise if this is user error/comprehension.

2 hours ago, Bailey1985 said:

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. I've had not COVID (looks like COVID, acts like COVID, isn't COVID according to a test) since Friday so I apologise if this is user error/comprehension.

Completely understandable. I just had COVID the week the TEW IX demo came out and I was pretty out of it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JP317 said:

There is one but due to how pre-booking only taking effect a week in advance it doesn't show any dates withing the next 6 days on that one.

So what am I missing because on the left is the TV & Events availability screen and the right is the from the pre-booking screen. It's the same screen and has identical information. Note I'm showing November on both and my in game date is Oct 11, 2023.

Availability.thumb.jpg.31572fdb497d4b972d40cf913351c15e.jpg

Is there a reason my child company isn't hiring workers? I started it a 2 popularity in the US. I have hired two different CEOs now. I have events and tv set up. I have a booker. But the company has been around for close to two months now and hasn't hired anyone. 

Any ideas?

5 hours ago, ElChorizo said:

Is there a reason my child company isn't hiring workers? I started it a 2 popularity in the US. I have hired two different CEOs now. I have events and tv set up. I have a booker. But the company has been around for close to two months now and hasn't hired anyone. 

Any ideas?

If they're set to accept developmental workers, then you're in charge of managing the roster yourself. Child companies only manage their own rosters when there's no developmental deal in place.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, VBigB said:

So what am I missing because on the left is the TV & Events availability screen and the right is the from the pre-booking screen. It's the same screen and has identical information. Note I'm showing November on both and my in game date is Oct 11, 2023.

Availability.thumb.jpg.31572fdb497d4b972d40cf913351c15e.jpg

That is because you are checking the following month, compare them on the month you are in.

47 minutes ago, JP317 said:

That is because you are checking the following month, compare them on the month you are in.

My game has advanced to November 1st, same information and it's identical. The button, no matter where it is, is opening the same screen which is the smart way to program something like this. The third place you can access it is when you are actually in the pre-booking-match portion of the pre-booking screen. So I have no idea what you are looking at, but I'm going to leave it at that.

Availability2.thumb.jpg.0a79d1bff82ba4b1a64293c4fd7ec70e.jpg

39 minutes ago, VBigB said:

My game has advanced to November 1st, same information and it's identical. The button, no matter where it is, is opening the same screen which is the smart way to program something like this. The third place you can access it is when you are actually in the pre-booking-match portion of the pre-booking screen. So I have no idea what you are looking at, but I'm going to leave it at that.

Availability2.thumb.jpg.0a79d1bff82ba4b1a64293c4fd7ec70e.jpg

I was incorrect in how close to an event you have to be, the Event & TV one shows everything coming up the rest of the month whereas the Pre-Booking one doesn't include 2 TV shows, one of which is to be booked that day and the other is recorded in 3 days. The event 5 days away is included here though. Looking at the handbook I'm not sure why the TV show recorded in 3 days isn't included though as you can pre-book 1 day in advance according to that.

Events & TV.png

Pre-Booking.png

59 minutes ago, JP317 said:

I was incorrect in how close to an event you have to be, the Event & TV one shows everything coming up the rest of the month whereas the Pre-Booking one doesn't include 2 TV shows, one of which is to be booked that day and the other is recorded in 3 days. The event 5 days away is included here though. Looking at the handbook I'm not sure why the TV show recorded in 3 days isn't included though as you can pre-book 1 day in advance according to that.

Ok I actually now see what you mean and I think there may be a bug here. I'm on Sunday Nov 19, 2023 and my next QAW TV show is on Tuesday, Nov 21. If I click on the Pre-booking Screen Availability Button it opens and shows the availability starting on December 15 and the button to move back to November is greyed out. However if I press the button to go to January and then click back to December the availability calendar now shows all of December and now the button to go back to November is no longer greyed out. I can click it and see the rest of November and all the remaining shows are all there.

Edited by VBigB

16 minutes ago, VBigB said:

Ok I actually now see what you mean and I think there may be a bug here. I'm on Sunday Nov 19, 2023 and my next QAW TV show is on Tuesday, Nov 21. If I click on the Pre-booking Screen Availability Button it opens and shows the availability starting on December 15 and the button to move back to November is greyed out. However if I press the button to go to January and then click back to December the availability calendar now shows all of December and now the button to go back to November is no longer greyed out. I can click it and see the rest of November and all the remaining shows are all there.

I just realized what I was seeing. If you have a show selected in the "Pre-Booked For" drop down the availability calendar starts on the date of that show, which looks like intended behavior to me. If you leave it set to "Any" it shows everything. In game I'm on Monday November 20 and the QAW TV is there on Tuesday as expected.

Edited by VBigB

4 hours ago, Almaida said:

If they're set to accept developmental workers, then you're in charge of managing the roster yourself. Child companies only manage their own rosters when there's no developmental deal in place.

Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VBigB said:

I just realized what I was seeing. If you have a show selected in the "Pre-Booked For" drop down the availability calendar starts on the date of that show, which looks like intended behavior to me. If you leave it set to "Any" it shows everything. In game I'm on Monday November 20 and the QAW TV is there on Tuesday as expected.

Ah, OK. That must be what I was doing too then,