General Gameplay Questions Thread

Does the attribute "Ahead of Their Time" apply to play by play/color commentary? Trying to set up an announcer in a database that starts out relatively older at the start of the database and don't want to have to change his age. Just want him to stick around longer and not lose skills as in canon, he's the greatest announcer of all time. 

Good evening, I wasn't able to locate this information anywhere... I'm about to play my first game and I chose MAW who have the Rip Chord Invitational. The news headline says that we hinted that there might be some international flavor. Is there a way to borrow talent for the one show? Or do I have to do a talent trade? If it's a talent trade it looks like its only with my local territories so I don't think that's correct. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you!!

4 hours ago, tvirus13 said:

Good evening, I wasn't able to locate this information anywhere... I'm about to play my first game and I chose MAW who have the Rip Chord Invitational. The news headline says that we hinted that there might be some international flavor. Is there a way to borrow talent for the one show? Or do I have to do a talent trade? If it's a talent trade it looks like its only with my local territories so I don't think that's correct. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you!!

Top right of the game screen press the question mark and type "borrow" into the search bar. You'll see entries for Alliance Loans.

Edited by d12345
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

Being a touring company. See 23.4 in the handbook.

Is there anything else not mentioned there? I'm unable to offer them even when only using the preset made tours or using a schedule where the AI will offer touring contracts with the company. Is it not in the standard contract dropdown of handshake/written?

18 hours ago, tana said:

Is there anything else not mentioned there? I'm unable to offer them even when only using the preset made tours or using a schedule where the AI will offer touring contracts with the company. Is it not in the standard contract dropdown of handshake/written?

On the 5th line in the contract screen that reads:

The Contract would last for...ongoing... or...unlimited appearances...

If you use the unlimited appearances drop down, the second option should be 'Until The Tour Ends'. If you have a tour set up with a defined start and finish this should sign the worker just for the next scheduled tour.

• Like 1

Contract Question

When a worker is paid X0% per Event (as a bonus), does that include Tour Events? Lesser or Throwaways? 

Thank you. 

This is getting to be an issue because I lose negotiations with workers who are getting rival offers, and I think the main reason is due to the rival offer extending a bonus of 20% or more per event. And I'm afraid to match that since I have literally dozens of tour events scheduled. 

Edited by Max Roller

10 hours ago, Max Roller said:

Contract Question

When a worker is paid X0% per Event (as a bonus), does that include Tour Events? Lesser or Throwaways?

It shouldn't include Tour Shows, but while looking it up I noticed that there's a glitch that means it incorrectly does, so that'll be fixed in the next patch.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Zero said:

Just opened my first DV company.  Assigned an owner and head booker.  I know in previous versions, I had to load the roster.  Will they hire people or should I?

You have to hire everyone. I have heard that if you go into the company relationship and remove the development relationship that they will hire their own workers but I’ve never tried it and can’t remember the exact details. So I would do some searching/research before you do it (or back up your save).

• Like 1

Am I the only one who is really really struggling to grasp the new angle menu? Its so... much slower than the older one. Can anyone give me like... some tips or pointers on it? I'll go into depth with one question in particular : How do you assign a "success" rating to the participants? 

Edited by Peria
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr_Hendrix said:

Are we as the player able to influence the Economy or Wrestling Industry at all? It's just such a pain having to slog through YEARS of being hurt financially without being able to do much about it.

You can influence the economy and wrestling industry by creating Narratives with the relevant effect you're looking for, then importing them. Otherwise, it's all random.

Edited by TheDeep5ix

1 hour ago, Peria said:

Am I the only one who is really really struggling to grasp the new angle menu? Its so... much slower than the older one. Can anyone give me like... some tips or pointers on it? I'll go into depth with one question in particular : How do you assign a "success" rating to the participants? 

You can go to Road Agent Notes, then select Minor/Regular/Major Storyline victory. Just keep in mind that if you're not using the Unspecified variants, some wrestlers can complain about looking weak to people below them in popularity.

Otherwise, here if a brief primer that may help you:

• Dialogue: This part is similar to TEW 2020. Improvised is better suited to people with good mic skills and can generate much better ratings than scripted ones. Still, Scripted is safer to use.
  • Parts of This Angle: You can have multiple parts to a segment, each with different wrestlers. For example, you can have 20 people show up in Segment 1, then just 2 in Segment 2. This angle system gives you more variety than TEW 2020, especially since you can have more than 8 people in a promo.
  • Part Length: It's how long this segment is. For example, if Part 1 is 2 minutes long, and Part 2 is 3 minutes long, then the whole segment will be 5 minutes long.
  • Location: In the Ring lets your worker interact with the crowd more for potentially higher or lower segments than usual. Backstage is the safer option. Outside Broadcast is the exact same as Backstage for gameplay purposes, but could be fun for roleplay scenarios.
  • Type: Videos let you use people who won't show up in the episode and are the safest option to use at the cost of not having the ability to interact with the audience. Angle and Interview are the same thing as one another, but let you have a worker appear and get paid for doing so. 
  • Content Types: For the most part, I don't notice much of a difference in using most of these apart from having a diverse selection of promos in a single episode. Just note that Storyline Development needs a storyline and Comedy can get penalized in more serious product styles.

Roles can be summarized as the following for the worker you've selected and what they will be rated on:

• Subject of Video: Popularity + Momentum
  • Being Interviewed: Microphone + Popularity
  • Interviewer: Microphone + a little bit of Popularity
  • Segment Host: Charisma + Microphone + Popularity
  • Fighting: Brawling, Puroresu, and/or Harcore + Popularity
  • Attacker: Brawling, Puroresu, and/or Harcore + Popularity
  • Victim: Selling + Popularity
  • Cutting a Promo: Microphone + Popularity
  • Bodyguard: Menace + Popularity (cameos give you less popularity boosts, scouting, etc)
  • Cameo Appearance: Popularity + Momentum (cameos give you less popularity boosts, scouting, etc)
  • Sex Appeal: Sex Appeal + Popularity
  • Intimidation: Menace + Popularity
  • Comic Relief: Charisma + Microphone
  • Non-Speaking Appearance: Popularity + Momentum (cameos give you less popularity boosts, scouting, etc)
  • Background Player: Popularity + Momentum (cameos give you less popularity boosts, scouting, etc)
  • Off-Screen: Nothing, but the worker isn't counted as being booked (cameos give you less popularity boosts, scouting, etc)
  • Selling an Injury: Selling + Popularity
  • Dramatic Acting: Acting + Popularity
  • Working the Crowd: Charisma + Microphone + Popularity
  • Character Development: Charisma + Microphone + Popularity

Note that the stuff that involves Charisma, Microphone, and Popularity together also use other entertainment stats as a slight modifier if what I am reading from the guidebook is true.

Edited by TheDeep5ix

3 hours ago, Peria said:

In addition to what was already mentioned the quick angle button does make things a bit easier.  Like most things it looks harder than it actually is and once you are used to it the extra nuances of this version offer a lot more freedom

• Like 1