General Gameplay Questions Thread

Do people who are irritated by not being on the booking team, or any other inner circle role, ever get over it? Or do they just continue to accrue instances of negative morale until they want to walk out?

26 minutes ago, Clarence said:

Do people who are irritated by not being on the booking team, or any other inner circle role, ever get over it? Or do they just continue to accrue instances of negative morale until they want to walk out?

Unless the circumstances change then they'll continue to get morale hits.

For young wrestlers' entertainment skills do they only develop when cutting a promo or do the other roles like character development and working the crowd also improve stats, because one of my guys just haven't been getting better at 50 skill level for acting/microphone/charisma, and I gave him excellent potential in the editor before starting the save. I also have been putting him with wrestlers better than him in those angles.

1 hour ago, hassan2 said:

do you do special referee matches by just selecting the wrestler as the ref? does that give a penalty for poor refeering skill, or a boost due to their overness? If both, is it worth doing?

You just select the wrestler as ref. Such matches seem to avoid any penalty for poor skill (I don't know if there is any benefit for overness), but you can get penalized for having too many on the same show. Source: I've been running an RTG game and using wrestlers as refs to save money.

58 minutes ago, moststay said:

For young wrestlers' entertainment skills do they only develop when cutting a promo or do the other roles like character development and working the crowd also improve stats, because one of my guys just haven't been getting better at 50 skill level for acting/microphone/charisma, and I gave him excellent potential in the editor before starting the save. I also have been putting him with wrestlers better than him in those angles.

According to the handbook, an angle needs to be at least 3 minutes for a worker to improve (see 20.2). So your angles may not be long enough.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Thane of Fife said:

You just select the wrestler as ref. Such matches seem to avoid any penalty for poor skill (I don't know if there is any benefit for overness), but you can get penalized for having too many on the same show. Source: I've been running an RTG game and using wrestlers as refs to save money.

According to the handbook, an angle needs to be at least 3 minutes for a worker to improve (see 20.2). So your angles may not be long enough.

I make sure the angles go at least 5 minutes, so I don't think that's the issue.

Edited by moststay

On 7/30/2024 at 8:14 PM, alpha2117 said:

I think you will find Its up to you so for instance Wyatt6 debut is a major beat down but one where they just scare Gable and he escapes their grasp would be minor.  I think the idea is you decide how much any action is sold effect wise.  Not all beatdowns are the same with the victim potentially fighting back effectively or not for instance

So I'd need to make my own rules.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chm39 said:

So I'd need to make my own rules.

I think in many ways thats the point of the game - it provides a lose framework for you to use to play how you would like.  So when it comes to things like angles it's sort of up to you to imagine what you want to do and then make the appropriate choices to achieve that sort of result in game rather than have it force you to only do it one way. 

• Like 1

Please make an option for workers in segments to be Not Rated again

Segments feel incredibly empty and boring when what could be a full faction appearing has to be the one guy who's meant to be carrying the talking etc

For example: CM Punk on his own is going to give a 90-95 rated segment where he's rated on Entertainment skills

But having FTR as Background or Non-Speaking roles sends it all the way to a 60-70 rated segment

Although it is realistic that someone in a Non-Speaking role could potentially make a segment worse, should it really be THAT drastic? 

In my opinion it would be best to just make one of these roles Not Rated, because it's just taking so much away from Segments by limiting who'd you would want to put in them. They're both basically serving the same purpose right now anyways why not change one

Thanks

• Like 1

I'm a little confused by the following text on the product screen:

Only basic match setups (like cages) are acceptable; others will be penalized.

I'm confused because in my head basic match setups means matches without any props or alternate settings (I'm thinking no dq, last man standing, 2 out of 3 falls, submission, etc.) but this specially mentions a cage. I guess that makes me wonder what exactly does it mean by basic match setups. What match types is it talking about getting penalized?

3 minutes ago, dubb93 said:

I'm a little confused by the following text on the product screen:

Only basic match setups (like cages) are acceptable; others will be penalized.

I'm confused because in my head basic match setups means matches without any props or alternate settings (I'm thinking no dq, last man standing, 2 out of 3 falls, submission, etc.) but this specially mentions a cage. I guess that makes me wonder what exactly does it mean by basic match setups. What match types is it talking about getting penalized?

I"m even more confused after realizing that there is a "basic match" drop down and all the cage matches have that set to "no"

2 hours ago, hassan2 said:

CM Punk won't even be part of an angle or match with Rollns in my save, is there any way to convince someone to change their mind? That's my Wrestlemania main event wiped out on day one lol.

Lets face it thats sort of Punk's thing - he has the feuding gene.  Once you are on his bad side it's pretty hard to deal with him.  It took a decade for him to get on the same page as Drew, Miz, Trips, Stephanie etc so they were okay working together - not sure with Corey Graves and a few others.  So honestly him refusing to work with someone is on point.  All I would say is in this case is the editor might have to be used to remove whatever negative relationship is in the Mod given they appear to be okay with each other again now.  

• Like 1

My created child company is not having any title matches. Been 6 months since I created the titles and still no matches. Changed the holder from vacant to someone and still there arent any matches. Is this a bug or is there a solution?