1 minute ago, Charasmatic Enigma said:

I had this happen with Luke Steele in my save. He wanted to move from $30 a show to $2,400 a show. For him it was when he signed a touring contract with PGHW, which moved him out of region for the period of the tour. I'm thinking that is what caused him to ask for the increase.

It probably wasn't moving, it was more likely to be because he was now earning $2400 with PGHW (because he is over in Japan?) so why would he work for you for $30 a show?

Year 5 Update:

Three Lions Wrestling are closing in on Medium size:

Screenshot2024-08-28140328.thumb.png.b668f7fb84e7215faf56d50e9cfd7d15.png

We are gaining around 2 pop a month so should hit Medium in about May 2027.

Squires is improving although Selling gains are painfully slow:

Squires2027.thumb.png.a9a8f2568f6e1ce1282f6ade4b6f6d9d.png

Still no more in ring achievements so just the one roll: 40. “The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.” You feel like you could do this forever. Add ‘Age is just a Number’ to your character. Add +10 across Resilience and Stamina:

2027RTGUpdate.thumb.png.ec6672b1a70c2f210432f5cc4f93085f.png

Cheap plug for my dynasty:

• Like 4

Finished 2027.

image.jpeg

To my great surprise, my guy made it onto the Power 500 at #395. I must be doing something right. 

Selling certainly lagging behind the other Fundamental stats. 

It's strange going back to running Free Exhibitions in Ireland/Scotland, and watching my attendances crawl from 69 to 75 to 80 to 86... and meanwhile in Wales I'm casually gaining 500 new fans practically every show. 

image.jpeg

Money is bananas. I spent the last few months running one major show, and then a couple of free exhibitions where I lose like $5k a time. I could hire some guys... but between Welsh Dragon, Rhys Pendragon, and the absolutely broken Tommy Cornell Jr my main event scene is doing the business. Dragon vs Junior scored a 90 at my end-of-year CastleMania show. I should really book myself against Tommy again.

My merch is only level 4, and broadcast revenue remains nothing to write home about. It's all ticket sales. 

image.jpeg

I think I got all of my rolls right filling this in. Should have done it as I went along. Rolled a 1, so now I guess I need to come up with a younger sibling. Perhaps a different coloured sheep.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bad Collin said:

@SelfThe opposite of a Black Sheep would be some kind of golden boy right? 

Golden Gloves... Golden Fleece... There's something there. I'll AI generate some blonde kid and cycle through masks every couple of years like I'm doing with my avatar. I had thought about a sister, to bulk out the women's scene, but long term it might be better to try to create the flashy Jeff Hardy/Nick Jackson to my guy's Matt Hardy/Matt Jackson. I'm going to try to sit on my game for a few days and ponder what will be fun to play. I would like to run more shows, in a believable and fun way. Not just spamming big venues for ludicrous money. And I'm not sure I want to do TV unless it's actually on a decent sized broadcaster. 

46 minutes ago, Self said:

Golden Gloves... Golden Fleece... There's something there. I'll AI generate some blonde kid and cycle through masks every couple of years like I'm doing with my avatar. I had thought about a sister, to bulk out the women's scene, but long term it might be better to try to create the flashy Jeff Hardy/Nick Jackson to my guy's Matt Hardy/Matt Jackson. I'm going to try to sit on my game for a few days and ponder what will be fun to play. I would like to run more shows, in a believable and fun way. Not just spamming big venues for ludicrous money. And I'm not sure I want to do TV unless it's actually on a decent sized broadcaster. 

I was thinking a story where Black Sheep was the outcast forced to thrive on his own wits whereas Golden Fleece (I like that one) got more advantages like proper training and being the protegee of one of Black Sheep's rivals. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2024 at 10:50 AM, Bad Collin said:

I'm going to make the booking rep change official today; +5 booking rep for each booking achievement. I think booking skill should be +5 too since that seems to grow at a similar rate. 

I also made a suggestion about this in the suggestions forum:

Just a heads up: you wanna change the Google Sheets template to reflect this :)

So I decided to go full on weird

image.jpeg.bdd518fec4689c047d6074c25ee21ce3.jpeg

image.png.99899ee6579c621f3b58b6d5e23ae1bb.png

With my guy in Freya Tuck mode image.png.ea718adf3514acc7a295ffda559df37e.png

And with these added to the C-Verse using extremly random Rookie generated stats.

image.jpeg.efe0f1617cb8cf17c2971d551f6a5177.jpegimage.jpeg.9901ae7a53d86561c7cf48b7fa19fdb0.jpegimage.jpeg.143d666ff27ddb77fd68bd9eb3624e9c.jpegimage.jpeg.2ba951ef4b93b15e620d3c24a57b1e69.jpegimage.jpeg.9f18c102150d476e4280a52577abc073.jpegimage.jpeg.5aba7d45ff7066b20ad596ce36176343.jpeg

image.jpeg.7b32f10552283ff659d9eae3a4b3f711.jpegimage.jpeg.be1cd2c4e43763d3994afea8d80c67a9.jpegimage.jpeg.6a3fdf88a3d9a8ed4aef25b6ee0ff09f.jpeg

Amante Del FuegoArco Iris, Calavera De Azúcar, Carlotta, Cassiopia, Exotico Muertos, Glamourzonia, Ms. Marie Laveau & Santanico 

Do I care that the pic styles are different?  Heck No! Finally Mexico is getting Exoticos ... will my company fail?  Almost certainly.  Will I have fun sending my owner Luchadora Original broke ... definitely.

image.gif.7c8821d3d80770e8eaa7597fc891b63f.gif "Di qué ahora?"  (Say What Now?)

Edited by alpha2117
  • Like 2

Just finished Year Two and was happy to get a couple booing ahcievements and then two rolls. The friendship with Bret Heartbreak is particularly great as I just discovered in the last week of 2023 that they have excellent chemistry as tag partners.

image.thumb.png.825a7d67c8eeea52a269dde03a47a189.png

The company rose to Tiny size (currently 18 in Northern Europe) but finances are still a little all over the place. I've probably let my roster get a little too bloated which has been a thorn in my side. Getting back into the positive (or as close as I can) is going to be my main goal for 2024.

image.thumb.png.74a51e29dcd56c0d77ca2ec9fc0aec0b.png

• Like 1

If only my company was bigger than Medium... whatever you do just give Cornell Jr any amount of money he wants. He routinely puts on 85 - 95 ratings with the 'British Sportsmanship' product. He, plus buying out a bankrupt MAW, has been such a massive boost to my pop. I have 2 years and 3 months left before USPW offers him the insane money he deserves.

SoClose.thumb.JPG.05c4c0c73d0f2b763e172f38810d38ee.JPG

Pop.JPG.3aba4a9ed7761b6dc8358a53d02bee46.JPG

• Like 5

Year 2 is in the bag. For my end of year roll I got 23. "Quick Learner" - which added +10 to my experience. Not exactly what I wanted, but a decent roll at this stage. My UC had 24 matches again this year, with her average rating improving slightly from a 49 in 2022 to a 52 in 2023. Her best match was a 66 defeating Remmy Skye, so I may need to start bringing in some higher quality opponents if I want a chance at hitting that 75 rated match for the next roll.

Year2Stats.thumb.JPG.29bd122f366833dfd7375cad8b0a45e5.JPG

Ruby's stats have improved across the board, with Selling and Psychology the two I really want to improve a little more.

Year2finances.thumb.JPG.8ed72d2b3ff5ec14fe30edb40d435234.JPG

In terms of GLW - We hit Tiny in October, but Wrestling Industry is now Very Weak and still falling which is limiting our growth. Now that we are Tiny I've moved our 'Tour' shows to the Mid South to avoid being dragged into a Regional Battle in the South West. I have enough money in the bank now that I'm going to splash out on some bigger names to try and train up my UC and fish for tag chemistry. Since moving to Level 4 merch, we are making thousands of dollars a month so we're building a nice little money pot to spend.

I think if a Small company became available I would look to move. GLW are only 18 pop in the Great Lakes and growth is limited by the Wrestling Industry, so it would be a long climb to Small if I stayed,

14 hours ago, Jaysounder said:

If only my company was bigger than Medium... whatever you do just give Cornell Jr any amount of money he wants. He routinely puts on 85 - 95 ratings with the 'British Sportsmanship' product. He, plus buying out a bankrupt MAW, has been such a massive boost to my pop. I have 2 years and 3 months left before USPW offers him the insane money he deserves.

SoClose.thumb.JPG.05c4c0c73d0f2b763e172f38810d38ee.JPG

Pop.JPG.3aba4a9ed7761b6dc8358a53d02bee46.JPG

Wow, if you are getting 99's now then you could probably complete the challenge before Cornell's contract is up. You are getting close.

Well here we go...I can't wait to see how long it takes to dig myself out of the startup hole!

Meet Calvin King (I know very original)

image.thumb.jpeg.906bbdd6f7731e10853995e001471ace.jpeg

image.thumb.png.cd4d54e593d50d45630a5c71b666f6f4.png

image.thumb.png.e4b4e23e0a1d959b7fd090461d914206.png

Got pretty lucky with my random roll when I did it, or at least in the performance skills area...Everything else is about as bad as you'd expect. Starting with Royal Canadian Wrestling in Canada, a promotion owned by Calvin's father (who is literally just a rip of Dan Delay but with less popularity to make him a bit cheaper.)

I'm in March, got 2 popularity, a nice deficit to overcome already, and I'm beating my head against the wall wishing that popularity gains were as easy as they were in 2016 haha. We will get there eventually...

• Like 2

Just hit Medium and my booking rep went up by five automatically 😁

The money is crazy now:

image.thumb.png.e8e4dd8bb17404eb9bdbf0dc136f92b8.png

I noticed that CZCW got to number two in the world using OnDem so I am going to copy them. It is a huge increase in production costs but I should be able to cover it.

For 2028 I've added a weekly TV show on UK Broadcasting Digital. Pricey on the production values, but they only needed me to be popular in 3 areas of the British Isles. Not 6. I can draw 800+ people to the tapings, so if I'm careful not to use my expensive guys (Welsh Dragon, Tommy Jr, Rhys Pendragon, Darin Flynn) too often, and get a good crowd into my monthly big show (4k-5k fans) it's still profitable. January was slow going, but more shows was the aim, so that's the bed I've made to lay in. 

Following my end of year roll of 1, My avatar's little brother has debuted; Chris O'Malice, named after the winged ram Chrysomallos, of the golden fleece myth. The little twerp  isn't worthy of the Golden Fleece name/storyline yet, so I've put him under a much cheaper mask and he's working undercard scramble matches as Lambskin. I've made him flashier, more charismatic, more handsome, and taller than my guy, so eventually there will be good scope for bitterness. 

On 8/26/2024 at 10:43 AM, Bad Collin said:

I think it's a matter of time, they can't compete with USPW and SWF and fall to Medium. Pee Wee Germaine took control. I applied for the job but my booking rep is 18 so...

Also, I don't think one month of profit would reset the bankrupcy timeline, if so that seems like a bug

I think I mistyped what I meant. If the end of month finances go back to the black for 1 month, that takes you out of debt, which I think resets the timer. I don't think it's as simple as a month of profit, I think you have to be completely out of debt for 1 calender month.

I got a few months in and realised what I was doing was unsustainable so I rolled it back to the start and am going to give it another go with the same character, same company, one event per month for now, and hopefully a lot less debt.

I don't think I'm going to be able to game this the way I usually do to get a nice quick finish time!