Just for the record, you guys put the owner on a PPA right? 

Bringing this up because if you do, the PPA owner agrees to work for free until the company is in a healthier financial position. 

9 minutes ago, ZMAN said:

Just for the record, you guys put the owner on a PPA right? 

Bringing this up because if you do, the PPA owner agrees to work for free until the company is in a healthier financial position. 

Yes, always on PPA

• Thanks 1

Quick question: 

With the new booking stuff and CE, does anybody find it worth it to train other wrestlers in their Booking Skill? I know our characters start with 0 but would it be worth it to add other 0 booking skill worker(s) to train up their booking skill too hopefully? Perhaps, its not really worth doing that? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fourbrothers366 said:

Quick question: 

With the new booking stuff and CE, does anybody find it worth it to train other wrestlers in their Booking Skill? I know our characters start with 0 but would it be worth it to add other 0 booking skill worker(s) to train up their booking skill too hopefully? Perhaps, its not really worth doing that? 

Honestly depending on where you are a really good choice for owner is one of the default Avatars.  Take Dave Normal - he fills your need for a Referee, he is a great backstage influence and he has booking skill meaning you can put him on your Booking team under you.  So you would effectively be training your owner to maximise your companies effectiveness.  Normal and Hooper are obvious choices but The Masked Grappler, El Avatar, Holder etc all offer the ability to multi-task.  Some like Singh or Big Ryan have issues though.  These people are cheap and concept wise fit the Road to Glory concept really well and straight away give you a potential booking team member to work with. 

With someone else if they have Future Road Agent or Future Trainer then yeah it might be worth putting them on the booking team if only to help embed them into that backstage environment.  If they have Creative, Very Creative or one of those other similar traits then definitely they would be worth trying in those roles.  

Edited by alpha2117
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fourbrothers366 said:

Quick question: 

You cant't train up other workers booking skill they can only gain it by actually being the Head Booker Adam already confirmed this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, moststay said:

You cant't train up other workers booking skill they can only gain it by actually being the Head Booker Adam already confirmed this.

Oh damn. I guess I missed that. Is there any way for characters to grow their booking skill naturally through gameplay? 

Edit: other than being Head Booker

Edited by fourbrothers366

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ZMAN said:

As far as popularity gains go, do you think there's a difference between running a 1 hour/1.5 hour/2 hour show?

No difference. I keep shows at 1 hr until I have money and want to get people over.

Edited by Bad Collin

10 hours ago, lr10540 said:

Is the early game strategy still the same? Free tickets initially for the first year or so, rapidly upgrading merch, 2 shows a month in your home area? Running a couple tests now before I go all in on a save.

1 free show is fine, but yes to your other points for min-max result.

8 hours ago, ZMAN said:

As far as popularity gains go, do you think there's a difference between running a 1 hour/1.5 hour/2 hour show?

I see no difference for pop gain. Not sure if booking longer show means faster booking skill progression though, maybe someone with free time can test this.

I am not sure if this is intended or abuse, but you can technically do 1 hour show, but change it on the show booking screen to whatever hours you want. This saves you booking point because your pre-show meeting would be for an 1 hour show and it would take away 20 BP only. I don't do this but if you are all about super min-maxing you can do this (unless Bad Collins say this is not allowed for the challenge).

Edited by Goliathus

Sorry if this has been posted before but I've tried to use some keywords and haven't found anything in search; and I guess this isn't really the goal of RtG but how do you guys handle pay raise requests? I got Brodie Lachlan for 30/show and he's asking for a bajillion-times increase to 1,200/show. Al Coleman did the same and I rejected it (and he was furious) but I wasn't as attached to him and cut him loose.

Am I just SOL and forced to move on from those specific workers in cases like this? TIA.

11 minutes ago, michgcs said:

Sorry if this has been posted before but I've tried to use some keywords and haven't found anything in search; and I guess this isn't really the goal of RtG but how do you guys handle pay raise requests? I got Brodie Lachlan for 30/show and he's asking for a bajillion-times increase to 1,200/show. Al Coleman did the same and I rejected it (and he was furious) but I wasn't as attached to him and cut him loose.

Am I just SOL and forced to move on from those specific workers in cases like this? TIA.

In the early days of RTG, I always turned down pay requests and if the person in question began to cause problems backstage, I'd release them. Otherwise they can be upset until they walk out. Assuming this hasn't changed, but your show ratings need only be higher than your current pop to gain pop. When your pop is still single digits, it's near impossible to not gain pop from doing anything with anybody.

There's not a lot you can't do. 100% will make them happy and 75% they'll will agree to. Anything under that they'll be more and more upset.
The solution would have been to sign written contracts on PPA, so that they can't ask for pay raise. You can even add the iron clad, so that you have time to make them lose if they sign an exclusive contract with a bigger companies. 

1 hour ago, michgcs said:

Yeah, SOL. At the start you are going to have a lot of turnover. 

I haven't done road to glory, but for ordinary 0/0/0 the US just has so much talent, such a good broadcast and training infrastructure and such good adjacencies that it is a hard to beat.

If you want less competition, India, but with less competition comes less of everything else as well.

4 minutes ago, Goliathus said:

The rolls aren't limited to 1 time, right? Theoritically, I can hit no.14 5 times in a row and become Will Ospreay?

Yep, Some are even meant to be rolled multiple times. 

28 minutes ago, ZMAN said:

Do you guys have a preference as far as the company's home/location? Areas that make life as a 0 easier? 

One that got 100 importance makes it a bit easier.

Finished 2025. My guy has now become the best on the roster, winning Wrestler of the Year in the End of Year awards, and even managed a 71 rated match against Leighton Buzzard in July. Annoyingly, Buzzard took losing to me hard and phoned in his performances in the rematches. Shame. I haven't found a better opponent yet.

image.jpeg

Applied to a job booking SAISHO in November, but got turned down in favour of a more qualified candidate. Hit Small shortly after and made my 2026 plans. A monthly show on WrestleWorld GB and a reduced live event schedule. I've outgrown a lot of the small venues I created anyhow, and I'm itching for a change. A little nervous about how my finances will hold up, but I can always raise ticket prices. 

image.jpeg

I completed the (easy) goal to increase my popularity within 2 years, and now I have to make it to Medium before 2028. The boss already doesn't like me, so that will probably be the final nail in this coffin. Hope my reputation improves enough by then and I can actually move somewhere new. 

image.jpeg

The only guy I picked up from the death of 21CW was local wonderkid Rhys Pendragon. At $670 a shot he really wasn't worth it in such small venues, but I might keep him around just to beat him once on streaming. I dropped the belt back to Neville Jones before our 'big' national debut, and rolled 43 for "Plays Swagger Well" at the end of the year. Might be time to retire the evil sheep mask and make a gimmick change. My current manager is beginning to be a nightmare backstage, so she might be out soon too.

• Like 1