The TEW IX "Post Your Current Champions" Thread

Restored Rapid Pro Wrestling as a 0/0/$0 Fed based in the Southeast. Currently a few months into 2023, I have two divisions, running each division in different Locations to build up the company.   

Mens:   

RPW Georgia Heavyweight: Hangman (Texas Hangman)   

• This is the 2nd RPW Georgia Heavyweight Champion, Ace Youngblood, RPWs signed Veteran was able to win the vacant title and hold onto it from February 2022 until losing it to Hangman in November.  

RPW First Chance:  Dr Funky Stein (Doctor Funkenstein)  

• He is the third champion to hold the First Chance Championship. The Rule on this belt is if you defend the belt 10 times successfully, The wrestler is given the opportunity to immediately Vacate the title in exchange for a guaranteed Title Shot at the next event. The First Champion, Zippy Deverell, won the belt and ultimately lost it at 9 defenses to Dr Funky Stein. He is currently at 6 successful defenses. 

RPW Tag Team: The Sharp Shooters (Ace Youngblood and The Historian) 

• After losing the Heavyweight Championship, Ace Youngblood decided not to pursue a rematch against the younger Hangman, instead went to an old buddy in The Historian to team up. After their 3rd victory, they challenged for the Tag Team Titles and beating the team of Phil Anders and Zippy Deverell.  

Women's Brand:  

RPW Georgia Women's: DupliKate 

• She has come against many odds, actually defended the belt across the entire division. But recent signings may prove to be her downfall. 

RPW Women's First Chance: Ruby Reece 

• This is Ruby's second reign with the belt, and the belts 4th reign overall. The Problem is DupliKate, even while she has her own things to worry about, has made it apparent she does not want to defend the belt against somebody who has a bunch of momentum on their side. Reece had 4 wins, before DupliKate interfered in the match costing her the belt, the next winner had 3 before DupliKate once again interfered to prevent the belt holder from even getting close to 10 defenses. Reece has won the belt again but this time she has 5 defenses and has already avoided one DupliKate runin. 

RPW Women's Tag Team: Allie Perks and Becca Barton

• This is the lone belt I don't have much history behind. Perks is a good young up and comer and I needed to pair her with a Vet. However, the women's brand doesn't have as many workers as my mens so my women's tag division hasn't boomed yet. 
Edited by Jobbertrev
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jobbertrev said:

Restored Rapid Pro Wrestling as a 0/0/$0 Fed based in the Southeast. Currently a few months into 2023, I have two divisions, running each division in different Locations to build up the company.   

Mens:   

RPW Georgia Heavyweight: Hangman (Texas Hangman)   

• This is the 2nd RPW Georgia Heavyweight Champion, Ace Youngblood, RPWs signed Veteran was able to win the vacant title and hold onto it from February 2022 until losing it to Hangman in November.  

RPW First Chance:  Dr Funky Stein (Doctor Funkenstein)  

• He is the third champion to hold the First Chance Championship. The Rule on this belt is if you defend the belt 10 times successfully, The wrestler is given the opportunity to immediately Vacate the title in exchange for a guaranteed Title Shot at the next event. The First Champion, Zippy Deverell, won the belt and ultimately lost it at 9 defenses to Dr Funky Stein. He is currently at 6 successful defenses. 

RPW Tag Team: The Sharp Shooters (Ace Youngblood and The Historian) 

• After losing the Heavyweight Championship, Ace Youngblood decided not to pursue a rematch against the younger Hangman, instead went to an old buddy in The Historian to team up. After their 3rd victory, they challenged for the Tag Team Titles and beating the team of Phil Anders and Zippy Deverell.  

Women's Brand:  

RPW Georgia Women's: DupliKate 

• She has come against many odds, actually defended the belt across the entire division. But recent signings may prove to be her downfall. 

RPW Women's First Chance: Ruby Reece 

• This is Ruby's second reign with the belt, and the belts 4th reign overall. The Problem is DupliKate, even while she has her own things to worry about, has made it apparent she does not want to defend the belt against somebody who has a bunch of momentum on their side. Reece had 4 wins, before DupliKate interfered in the match costing her the belt, the next winner had 3 before DupliKate once again interfered to prevent the belt holder from even getting close to 10 defenses. Reece has won the belt again but this time she has 5 defenses and has already avoided one DupliKate runin. 

RPW Women's Tag Team: Allie Perks and Becca Barton

• This is the lone belt I don't have much history behind. Perks is a good young up and comer and I needed to pair her with a Vet. However, the women's brand doesn't have as many workers as my mens so my women's tag division hasn't boomed yet. 

With a 100% new fed, I have Funkenstein as my avatar, Texas Hangman as a top face, Zippy Deverell has been a top heel, and Allie Perks as a midcard heel since day one. 

Phil Anders didn't last long before I got rid of him. (I needed less outright rookies and some low cost guys with experience).

DupliKate has been a good heel midcarder with a chance to crack through. But I have so many good females in the mix.

1 minute ago, beemer said:

With a 100% new fed, I have Funkenstein as my avatar, Texas Hangman as a top face, Zippy Deverell has been a top heel, and Allie Perks as a midcard heel since day one. 

Phil Anders didn't last long before I got rid of him. (I needed less outright rookies and some low cost guys with experience).

DupliKate has been a good heel midcarder with a chance to crack through. But I have so many good females in the mix.

Crazy how different people go with the C-Verse. I have used Hangman as my badass Heel. He was strictly kept away from Titles for the first year just to beat up local talent, or just beat up my faces on the roster. He does have a partner with Original Sinner, who mainly just gets used when I need Hangman in a tag match.  

Zippy has teamed with Anders since day 1. They currently have the most tag experience in my company, I do eventually plan on Zippy getting a singles run.  

Funkenstein is considered to be my number 1 guy in the company, actually since like the 4th or 5th month. I have been slowly working him in the shows. I am not sure if it will be him who takes the belt off of Hangman or if I'll stretch out his run longer. Right now I am leaning on him being the first wrestler in the company to be able to drop his title for a title shot and win.  

DupliKate originally was going to just be a heel midcarder for me, but during the first Title match, I had like a 4 way to determine the first women's champion....I either clicked the wrong name to win, or I forgot to determine a winner and just clicked through the warning. But after she won, I decided to roll with it and turned her into like a Chris Jericho where she is not as over or looked at as strong as the other top women, but has the cockiness and is smart enough to constantly cheat her way to keeping the belt. 

WCW May 2001 Mod. Current date 17th June 2002.

WCW Champ: Christian Cage (Defeated "The Monster" Abyss on the 5th May 2002 due to interference from Lance Storm and Mike Awesome. Cage is the new leader of Team Canada). Current Feud: The debuting Shawn Michaels.

US Champ: Rob Van Dam (Defeated Vampiro (c), Mike Awesome and Steve Corino on the 17th March 2002). Current feud: Vampiro, Mike Awesome, Steve Corino, Syxx Pac, and Ken Shamrock for both US & TV Titles.

TV Champ: Vampiro (Defeated Syxx Pac on the 9th June 2002). Current feud: Same as above.

Tag Team Champ: Harlem Heat (Defeated DDP & Kanyon, Steiner Brothers (c) and Eddie Guerrero and Chavo Guerrero Jr. on the 9th June 2002). Feud On-going.

Cruiserweight Champ: Juventud Guerrera (Defeated Shane McMahon on the 17th March 2002)

Cruiserweight Tag Champ: Triple X - Christopher Daniels and Elix Skipper (Defeated Rey Misterio and Billy Kidman on the 5th May 2002)

World War 3 2001 Winner: "The Monster" Abyss.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2024 at 3:44 PM, smmccallum said:

Mid Atlantic Wrestling Febuary 2023

Mid Atlantic Championship- Nate DeMarcus 2x 

Mid Atlantic American- Sandman Winks

Mid Atlantic Tag Team- Hot Property

Rip Chord Invitational 2023- Mitchell Aldred 3x (in a row)

Sam Keith Classic 2022- Hot Property

Mid Atlantic Wrestling August 2023

Mid Atlantic Championship- Nate DeMarcus 2x (277)

Mid Atlantic American-Kinpaku Kishi (28)

Mid Atlantic Tag Team-Hot Property (368)

Sam Keith Classic- 2023 The Wolf Pack

Rip Chord Invitational- 2023 Mitchell Aldred 3x

On 8/28/2024 at 3:12 PM, Zero said:

Save: January 1970- February 1971

Pacific Coast Athletic Corporation 

• PCAC Heavyweight Championship - Terry Funk 1x
  • PCAC Commenwealth- Ox Baker 1x
  • PCAC Tag Team Titles - The Misfits (Bobby Heenan/JJ Dillon) 2x
  • PCAC Lightweight - Chavo Guerrero 2x
  • PCAC Strong Style - Earl Maynard 1x

*PCAC United States Heavyweight was retired in favor of the PCAC Heavyweight Championship

World Wide Wrestling Federation

• WWWF Women - Vacant 
  • WWWF International Tag Team - The Blackjacks 1x
  • WWWF United States Tag Team - The Assassins 1x
  • WWWF United States - The Sheik 2x
  • WWWF York Championship - Greg Valentine 1x
  • WWWF World Junior Heavyweight - Mil Mascaras 1x
  • WWWF World Champion - Harley Race 1x

Save: January 1970- June 1971

Pacific Coast Athletic Corporation 

• PCAC Heavyweight Championship - Terry Funk 1x
  • PCAC Commenwealth- Angelo Poffo 1x
  • PCAC Tag Team Titles - Chief Jay Strongbow and Eduaord Carpienter 1x
  • PCAC Lightweight - Chavo Guerrero 2x
  • PCAC Strong Style - Jerry Lawler 1x

World Wide Wrestling Federation

• WWWF Women - Toni Rose 1
  • WWWF International Tag Team - Gorilla Monsoon and Killer Kowalski 2x
  • WWWF United States Tag Team - Baron Mike S and Angelo Mosco 1x
  • WWWF United States - The Sheik 3x
  • WWWF York Championship - Victor Rivera 1x
  • WWWF World Junior Heavyweight - Mil Mascaras 1x
  • WWWF World Champion - Jimmy Snuka 1x
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So, I updated my 2020 DB into a TEW IX database, fixed some flaws, updated some info, and here we go:

WWE Dominance

So, on May 28, 2005, we had WWE's Slamboree in the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The show drew a capacity 20,500 folks and did a rating of 98. It was preceded by an episode of Saturday Night. I'm thinking about doing up some detailed stuff in a diary, which could be fun. Let me know if you're interested and, even if I don't post a full-on diary, I'll be happy to share with those interested.

And here are our champions as of Sunday, May 29, 2005:

Nitro Brand

WCW World Heavyweight Champion - Muhammad Hassan (yep...pulled the trigger on this fast riser)

WCW United States Heavyweight Champion - Nick Dinsmore (second reign)

WCW Heritage Champion - Yoshihiro Tajiri

WCW Cruiserweight Champion - Heavy Metal

WCW World Tag Team Champions - Edge & Christian

WCW Women's Champion - Nattie Neidhart

SmackDown Brand

WWF World Heavyweight Champion - John Cena

WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Champion - Randy Orton

WWF Prestige Champion - Mistico (second reign)

WWF Cruiserweight Champion - Ultimo Dragon (third reign)

WWF World Tag Team Champions - The Briscoe Brothers (Jay and Mark Briscoe; fourth reign)

WWF Women's Champion - Trish Stratus (second reign)

WWE Universe (Alliance) Titles

(A sidenote about these: the wrestlers and their entourages/managers are not branded, but I know their "home brands", which is what I'm sharing with you)

NWA World Heavyweight Champion - Chris Jericho (SmackDown Brand)

NWA Intercontinental Heavyweight Champion - John Bradshaw Layfield (Nitro Brand)

WWE North American Heavyweight Champion - Chris Benoit (Nitro Brand...although I might switch him back...he seems to go back and forth more than most)

NWA United States Heavyweight Champion - "King Jeff" Jarrett (Nitro Brand, but part of the creative team, so he stays unbranded...still, he only wrestles on the Nitro brand or to defend the title)

NWA Cruiserweight Champion - Hiroshi Tanahashi (SmackDown Brand)

NWA World Tag Team Champions - D-Generation X (Lance Garrison and Shawn Michaels; Nitro Brand)

NWA Women's Champion - Joanie Wonder (the wrestler formerly known as Chyna) (SmackDown Brand)

Now, it's four weeks of Nitro and SmackDown before I get to SummerSlam 05.

For a preview, we'll see AJ Styles, John Cena, and Tony Davidson take on the trio of Triple H, Muhammad Hassan, and Chris Jericho...I think; we'll probably see Randy Orton have to defend the IC title against the guy he won it off of: Mr. Anderson. Likely, GoldBook (Booker T and Goldust) facing off against either Los Guerreros (Chavo and Eddie) or going for Edge & Christian's titles. Maybe a feud between the Can-Am Connection (Bobby Roode and James Storm) and The Trailblazers (Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire)? I've got some storylines driving further to SummerSlam and The Great American Bash, but I try to keep a few things I can play around with.

Looking forward to Muhammad Hassan's (first?) world title reign, although that one's a pretty solid plan for how long it's going. He's come up quick since I brought him and Daivari up from developmental (with Hazem Ali (WWE Legend Armando Estrada, for those who aren't aware) as their manager). They were at Well Known/Recognizable when I called them up. Now Hassan's a Major Star, and Daivari is Well Known.

Lots of fun! Loving the new interface even as I get used to it.

St.T

• Like 4