D.O.T.T. - Top of The Super Juniors

This is gonna be a simming of NJPW's Top Of The Super Juniors (Later became The Best of The Super Juniors) League. Includes 11 Participants who are: [quote]Black Cat Canek Black Tiger Dynamite Kid Kuniaki Kobayashi Norio Honaga Tatsumi Fujinami The Cobra Tiger Mask Yoshiaki Fujiwara Hiro Saito[/quote] The first TOSJ took place in 1988 so this will be a earlier then the real thing happened (Though 3 guys from the '88 one made it into this Kuniaki Kobayashi, Hiro Saito and Norio Honaga (who finished the real one with 0 points)) . I haven't been able to find the scoring system used in the first TOSJ but it was a fair bit of points as the top guys finished with 41 points!! And since there isn't a time limit in exibition (unless I'm just missing it), so no draw possibilities really unless a DCO happens, which is unlikely with the guys in it. So it wont reflect the real thing all too much point wise, [B]EDIT[/B] Decided to just go with two points per win [B]/EDIT[/B]. My sceduleing is pretty bad lol so not every day has a good match and things get kinda wonky at the end as I had every match sceduled in except one so I had to move some matches around, so excuse my terrible booking of the days. I did however manage to get all the bigger TM matches on the last few days. Anyways heres the schedule: [quote]Day 1 Black Cat vs Hiro Saito Canek vs Tiger Mask Black Tiger vs Tatsumi Fujinami Dynamite Kid vs Norio Honaga Kuniaki Kobayashi vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara Day 2 Tiger Mask vs Kuniaki Kobayashi Tatsumi Fujinami vs The Cobra Black Cat vs Dynamite Kid Black Tiger vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara Norio Honaga vs Hiro Saito Day 3 Canek vs Tatsumi Fujinami Black Tiger vs Dynamite Kid Kuniaki Kobayashi vs The Cobra Norio Honaga vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara Tiger Mask vs Hiro Saito Day 4 Black Cat vs Kuniaki Kobayashi Canek vs Norio Honaga Black Tiger vs The Cobra Dynamite Kid vs Tatsumi Fujinami Tiger Mask vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara Day 5 Tiger Mask vs Norio Honaga The Cobra vs Hiro Saito Black Tiger vs Kuniaki Kobayashi Black Cat vs Tatsumi Fujinami Canek vs Dynamite Kid Day 6 Black Cat vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara Canek vs Hiro Saito Black Tiger vs Norio Honaga Dynamite Kid vs The Cobra Kuniaki Kobayashi vs Tatsumi Fujinami Day 7 Tiger Mask vs The Cobra Black Cat vs Black Tiger Canek vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara Dynamite Kid vs Hiro Saito Kuniaki Kobayashi vs Norio Honaga Day 8 Tiger Mask vs Tatsumi Fujinami The Cobra vs Canek Dynamite Kid vs Kuniaki Kobayashi Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs Hiro Saito Day 9 Tiger Mask vs Black Cat Canek vs Kuniaki Kobayashi Norio Honaga vs The Cobra Tatsumi Fujinami vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara Day 10 Tiger Mask vs Black Tiger Tatsumi Fujinami vs Hiro Saito Black Cat vs Canek Dynamite Kid vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara Day 11 The Cobra vs Black Cat Black Tiger vs Canek Kuniaki Kobayashi vs Hiro Saito Norio Honaga vs Tatsumi Fujinami Day 12 Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs The Cobra Black Tiger vs Hiro Saito Black Cat vs Norio Honaga[/quote] I'll put the first couple days up tonight/this morning hopefully. The round robin stage will be purely Winners, times, move, ratings listed, the semi's and final will get a bit of a play by play, possibly just the finals. We'll see how it goes.

Results for Day 1 & 2 [quote]Day 1 ------ Black Cat vs Hiro Saito - [b]Hiro Saito[/b] (2) beat Black Cat (0) at 11:10 after Black Cat missed an Angel Press - F Canek vs Tiger Mask - [b]Tiger Mask[/b] (2) beat Canek (0) at 19:30 with a Tiger Splash - F Black Tiger vs Tatsumi Fujinami - [b]Black Tiger[/b] (2) beat Tatsumi Fujinami (0) at 19:50 with a Spinning Inverted Piledriver - C+ Dynamite Kid vs Norio Honaga - [b]Dynamite Kid[/b] (2) beat Norio Honaga (0) at 20:00 with a Piledriver - A Kuniaki Kobayashi vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - [b]Kuniaki Kobayashi[/b] (2) beat Yoshiaki Fujiwara (0) at 21:50 with a Glittering Magician Knee - D Day 2 ------ Tiger Mask vs Kuniaki Kobayashi - [b]Tiger Mask[/b] (4) beat Kuniaki Kobayashi (2) at 20:30 with a Tiger Bomb - E Tatsumi Fujinami vs The Cobra - [b]Tatsumi Fujinami[/b] (2) beat The Cobra (0) at 15:10 with a Rolling Short Arm Scissors - E Black Cat vs Dynamite Kid - [b]Dynamite Kid[/b] (4) beat Black Cat (0) at 4:50 with a British Piledriver - F Black Tiger vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - [b]Black Tiger[/b] (4) beat Yoshiaki Fujiwara (0) at 23:40 with a Spinning Inverted Piledriver - B- Norio Honaga vs Hiro Saito - [b]Hiro Saito[/b] (4) beat Norio Honaga (0) at 13:00 with a Leg Trip Step Over Leg Lock - F[/quote] Not too many great matches, the Black Tiger/Fujinami match was pretty good, better then the C+ it got I thought, as was the Black Tiger/Fujiwara match. The Dynamite/Honaga match was fantastic and it really looked like Honaga was gonna pull off a day one upset. Standings look like this so far: [quote]Hiro Saito = 4 Tiger Mask = 4 Black Tiger = 4 Dynamite Kid = 4 Kuniaki Kobayashi = 2 Tatsumi Fujinami = 2 Black Cat = 0 Canek = 0 Norio Honaga = 0 The Cobra = 0 Yoshiaki Fujiwara = 0[/quote]

Results for Days 3 & 4: [quote]Day 3 ------ Canek vs Tatsumi Fujinami - [b]Tatsumi Fujinami[/b] (4) beat Canek (0) at 14:50 with a Grounded Cobra Twist - F Black Tiger vs Dynamite Kid - [b]Dynamite Kid[/b] (6) beat Black Tiger (4) at 16:50 with a British Piledriver - E Kuniaki Kobayashi vs The Cobra - [b]Kuniaki Kobayashi[/b] (4) beat The Cobra (0) at 11:00 with a Catapult Somersault Legdrop - C- Norio Honaga vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - [b]Norio Honaga[/b] (2) beat Yoshiaki Fujiwara (0) at 23:20 with a Sit-out Suplex Crush - A Tiger Mask vs Hiro Saito - [b]Hiro Saito[/b] (6) beat Tiger Mask (4) at 22:40 with a Japanese Dangerous Brainbuster - B+ Day 4 ------ Black Cat vs Kuniaki Kobayashi - [b]Kuniaki Kobayashi[/b] (6) beat Black Cat (0) at 8:30 with a Running Enziguri Kick - F Canek vs Norio Honaga - [b]Canek[/b] (2) beat Norio Honaga (2) at 12:50 with a Swan Dive - F Black Tiger vs The Cobra - [b]Black Tiger[/b] (6) beat The Cobra (0) at 16:20 with a Spinning Inverted Piledriver - C Dynamite Kid vs Tatsumi Fujinami - [b]Dynamite Kid[/b] (8) beat Tatsumi Fujinami (4) at 22:40 with a Inverted Piledriver - C Tiger Mask vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - [b]Yoshiaki Fujiwara[/b] (2) beat Tiger Mask (4) at 26:40 with a Step Over Face Lock - A[/quote] Well we finally see the cliche TOSJ/BOSJ upset in the form of Honaga over Fujiwara and Saito over Tiger Mask (though thats the lesser of an upset). Both matches were great with Honaga comming back from sure defeat to pull out a win and the Saito/Mask match was back and forth the whole way. Then in true upset win style Honaga preceded to drop the next match to Canek :D . Black Cat continues to get utterly destroyed. A great match between Dynamite and Fujinami is scored low from a lack of pin fall attempts but it was non-stop back adn forth action. Tiger Mask has taken two straight loses could one of the favorites end up not in the semis? Days 3 and 4 really picked up match rating wise as well as interesting results wise. Updated standings: [quote]Dynamite Kid (8) Black Tiger (6) Hiro Saito (6) Kuniaki Kobayashi (6) Tatsumi Fujinami (4) Tiger Mask (4) Yoshiaki Fujiwara (2) Canek (2) Norio Honaga (2) Black Cat (0) The Cobra (0)[/quote]

This is really great, Sartagis. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I'm not very familiar with the super juniors - except for the bigger names. Is the Black Tiger in question Rocco? If so, I can totally see why he is doing so good. Though I was surprised he and Dynamite didn't put on a better match. It's probably both wrestlers penchant for hitting the mat, which the fans in this game seem to hate. Typical. :)

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]This is really great, Sartagis. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I'm not very familiar with the super juniors - except for the bigger names. Is the Black Tiger in question Rocco? If so, I can totally see why he is doing so good. Though I was surprised he and Dynamite didn't put on a better match. It's probably both wrestlers penchant for hitting the mat, which the fans in this game seem to hate. Typical. :)[/QUOTE] Yes it is indeed Marc Rocco. Which I keep forgetting and when selecting him for the match keep typing in Black instead of Marc, which leads to confusion as to why no Black Tiger exists.....till I realise what I did. lol Yeah that and the fact that there wasn't too many pinfall attemps. Best part of there match was the inverted piledriver battle they had with each of them attempting to hit a inverted piledriver several times and failing. Lack of pinfall attemps has actually killed the rating on half these matches I think. As alot of have been real back and forth and great strings of reversals near the end of matches.

Results for Days 5 & 6: [QUOTE]Day 5 ------ Tiger Mask vs Norio Honaga - [b]Tiger Mask[/b] (6) beat Norio Honaga (2) at 19:50 with a Springboard Body Press - C- The Cobra vs Hiro Saito - [b]Hiro Saito[/b] (8) beat The Cobra (0) at 14:10 with a Piledriver - F Black Tiger vs Kuniaki Kobayashi - [b]Black Tiger[/b] (8) beat Kuniaki Kobayashi (6) at 18:30 with a Guillotine Whip - D Black Cat vs Tatsumi Fujinami - [b]Black Cat[/b] (2) beat Tatsumi Fujinami (4) at 24:50 with a Sunset Flip Bomb - A* Canek vs Dynamite Kid - [b]Canek[/b] (4) beat Dynamite Kid (8) at 19:50 with a Campana - C Day 6 ------ Black Cat vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - [b]Yoshiaki Fujiwara[/b] (4) beat Black Cat (2) at 6:10 with a Step Over Facelock - F Canek vs Hiro Saito - [b]Canek[/b] (6) beat Hiro Saito (8) at 14:30 with a Campana - C+ Black Tiger vs Norio Honaga - [b]Black Tiger[/b] (10) beat Norio Honaga (2) at 12:50 with a Spinning Inverted Piledriver - C- Dynamite Kid vs The Cobra - [b]Dynamite Kid[/b] (10) beat The Cobra (0) at 7:40 with a Dynamite Flying Headbutt Drop - E Kuniaki Kobayashi vs Tatsumi Fujinami - [b]Tatsumi Fujinami[/b] (6) beat Kuniaki Kobayashi (6) at 25:40 with a Ground Cobra Twist - C[/QUOTE] The Black Cat/Fujinami match was AMAZING, the last few minutes were simply off the hook. Big upset here and first win for The Cat. Black Tiger looked to loe to Kuniaki with being dominated for the first 8-9 minutes but then BT went on the offensive and never looked back. another big upset in the form of Canek over Kid. Well Black Cat once again proves the upset win rule by dropping the next fall. Canek continues the upset trail (his second upset win) of the last 4 days by submitting Hiro Saito, though in doing so he proves the upset win->lose to not always hold true. Canek has now beaten two of the top 3 guys so far. [U][B]Standings[/B][/U] [QUOTE]Dynamite Kid (10) Black Tiger (10) Hiro Saito (8) Tatsumi Fujinami (6) Tiger Mask (6) Kuniaki Kobayashi (6) Canek (6) Yoshiaki Fujiwara (4) Norio Honaga (2) Black Cat (2) The Cobra (0)[/QUOTE]

Results for Days 7, 8 and 9 [QUOTE]Day 7 ------ Tiger Mask vs The Cobra - [b]Tiger Mask[/b] (8) beat The Cobra (0) at 17:10 with a Springboard Body Press - E Black Cat vs Black Tiger - [b]Black Cat[/b] (4) beat Black Tiger (10) at 13:30 with a Fisherman's Suplex - E Canek vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - [b]Yoshiaki Fujiwara[/b] (4) beat Canek (6) at 18:10 with a Step over Face Lock - F Dynamite Kid vs Hiro Saito - [b]Dynamite Kid[/b] (12) beat Hiro Saito (8) at 3:50 with a British Piledriver - F Kuniaki Kobayashi vs Norio Honaga - [b]Norio Honaga[/b] (4) beat Kuniaki Kobayashi (6) at 16:10 after a Missed Tumbleweed Legrop - F Day 8 ------ Tiger Mask vs Tatsumi Fujinami - [b]Tiger Mask[/b] (10) beat Tatsumi Fujinami (6) at 33:10 with a Bow and Arrow Lock - B- The Cobra vs Canek - [b]Canek[/b] (8) beat The Cobra (0) at 17:20 after a missed Flying Headbutt Drop - F Dynamite Kid vs Kuniaki Kobayashi - [b]Dynamite Kid[/b] (14) beat Kuniaki Kobayashi (6) at 20:40 with a Clutch Hold Suplex - B Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs Hiro Saito - [b]Hiro Saito[/b] (10) beat Yoshiaki Fujiwara (4) at 25:10 with a Step Over Inverse Surfboard - C Day 9 ------ Tiger Mask vs Black Cat - [b]Tiger Mask[/b] (12) beat Black Cat (4) at 17:40 with a Bridging Back Suplex - F Canek vs Kuniaki Kobayashi - [b]Canek[/b] (10) beat Kuniaki Kobayashi (6) at 17:50 with a Campana - B- Norio Honaga vs The Cobra - [b]The Cobra[/b] (2) beat Norio Honaga (4) at 16:00 with a Bow and Arrow Lock - C+ Tatsumi Fujinami vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - [b]Tatsumi Fujinami[/b] (8) beat Yoshiaki Fujiwara (4) at 23:40 with a Octopus Stretch - F[/QUOTE] These days see an upset from Black Cat and Norio Honaga. As well as Fujiwara continuing his terrible form and his elimination from contention. Also Kobayashi ruins his chances by losing to Honaga and Canek. Day 7 was attrocious match quality wise. Day 8 was pretty god quality all matches were better then the rating. And we see The Cobra get his first win on day 9. Updated Standings: [QUOTE]Dynamite Kid = 14 - 2 Tiger Mask = 12 - 2 Black Tiger = 10 - 3 Canek = 10 - 2 Hiro Saito = 10 - 3 Tatsumi Fujinami = 8 - 2 Kuniaki Kobayashi = 6 - 1 - out Yoshiaki Fujiwara = 6 - 2 - out Norio Honaga = 4 - 2 - out Black Cat = 4 - 3 The Cobra = 2 - 2 - out[/QUOTE] So we have 7 people vying for the top 4 spots. An odd situation has poped up (if my workigns are correct) while Black Cat is in second last he still has a slim chance of making the forth spot if he wins his final 3 matches and gets some favorable match results in others (This is due to his win over Black Tiger.) So a win over Canek (and winning both his other matches) with Canek and Black Tiger losing their final matches and Fujinami winning one out of two, especially if the win comes over Saito. If those results happen then that would tie Black Cat with Black Tiger, Canek and Fujinami but because of getting the direct wins over all three Black Cat would take the fouth spot and advance.

I think the match rating system is a bit flawed. In my tournament there have been some very good matches that have pulled in an F or E rating because of one pinfall attempt ending the contest. I've also noticed some that weren't great matches pulling out A's because of many pinfall attempts. Sooooo, I think the system is a bit flawed. But I'm not saying Adam has done a bad job with the game - I'm sure that's a hard system to figure out the proper match ratings with.

• 2 weeks later...
Results for days 10-12: [QUOTE]Day 10 ------ Tiger Mask vs Black Tiger - [b]Black Tiger[/b] (12) beat Tiger Mask (12) at 23:10 with a Spinning Inverted Piledriver - C+ Tatsumi Fujinami vs Hiro Saito - [b]Tatsumi Fujinami[/b] (10) beat Hiro Saito (10) at 8:10 with a Grounded Cobra Twist - F Black Cat vs Canek - [b]Canek[/b] (12) beat Black Cat (4) at 11:00 with a Fisherman's Suplex - F Dynamite Kid vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - [b]Yoshiaki Fujiwara[/b] (6) beat Dynamite Kid (14) at 26:40 after a missed Dynamite Flying Headbutt Drop - F Day 11 ------ The Cobra vs Black Cat - [b]The Cobra[/b] (4) beat Black Cat (4) at 10:30 with a Belly to Back Cradle Suplex - F Black Tiger vs Canek - [b]Canek[/b] (14) beat Black Tiger (12) at 16:30 with a Fisherman's Buster - C Kuniaki Kobayashi vs Hiro Saito - [b]Hiro Saito[/b] (12) beat Kuniaki Kobayashi (6) at 16:50 with a Step Over Inverse Surfboard - C- Norio Honaga vs Tatsumi Fujinami - [b]Norio Honaga[/b] (6) beat Tatsumi Fujinami (10) at 24:20 with a Forward Russian Legsweep - E Day 12 ------ Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid - [b]Dynamite Kid[/b] (16) beat Tiger Mask (12) at 25:50 with an Inverted Piledriver - C+ Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs The Cobra - [b]Yoshiaki Fujiwara[/b] (8) beat The Cobra (4) at 19:40 with a Running Knee to Head - E Black Tiger vs Hiro Saito - [b]Black Tiger[/b] (14) beat Hiro Saito (12) at 8:40 with a Guillotine Whip - F Black Cat vs Norio Honaga - [b]Norio Honaga[/b] (8) beat Black Cat (4) at 9:10 with a Powerbomb - F[/QUOTE] Only 4 matches above E in the last 3 days and none of those higher then C+. Final Standings: [QUOTE]Dynamite Kid (16) Canek (14) Black Tiger (14) Hiro Saito (12) Tiger Mask (12) Tatsumi Fujinami (10) Yoshiaki Fujiwara (10) Norio Honaga (8) Kuniaki Kobayashi (6) The Cobra (4) Black Cat (4)[/QUOTE] So goin on in the Top Of The Super Juniors League is Dynamite Kid, Canek, Black Tiger and becasue of a direct victory Hiro Saito advances over Tiger Mask. Match ups for the semi-finals will be Dynamite Kid Hiro Saito Canek Black Tiger

Semi-Finals and Finals: Last time Dynamite utterly destroyed Saito in less then 4 minutes. Maybe this time Saito can take him to 5!! [QUOTE]Dynamite Kid vs Hiro Saito - [B]Dynamite Kid[/B] beat Hiro Saito at 15:10 with a British Piledriver - E[/QUOTE] Dynamite started right out of the gate on top, Saito eventually took control and actually held onto it for the majority, but became winded much more quickly then Dynamite and as soon as he did Dynamite took advantage and ended in with the British Piledriver. Saito lasted over 3 times as long this time through. When these guys met in the round robin stage it was Canek going over BT, can BT get the lose back and advance to the final? [QUOTE]Canek vs Black Tiger - [B]Black Tiger[/B] beat Canek at 17:10 with a Spinning Inverted Piledriver - B-[/QUOTE] Black Tiger like Dynamite took control from the get go, however after about the 7 minute mark Canek took full control and used countless wear down moves and got BT in a dangerous place, however after a few close calls both ways BT hit the Spinning Inverted Piledriver to end it. So meeting in the finals with a rematch of day 3 is Dynamite Kid and Black Tiger. [QUOTE]Dynamite Kid vs Black Tiger - [B]Dynamite Kid[/B] beat Black Tiger at 11:50 with a British Piledriver - E[/QUOTE] First few minutes were pretty back and forth around the 7 minutes mark though Dynamite took control and never looked back. The first ever WS2 TOSJ champ has been crowned in the form of The Dynamite Kid!

Archived