TEW IX Public Beta Release Reaction Thread

I am buffled by how tiny the pics are. It is very strange since the AI renders should improve quality of the images, but then the decision is making them invisible. 

I hope there is an option to eliminate the background frame in every picture.

If someone finds out, please tell is!

• Like 2

I'm still stunned by the move towards ultra realistic renders. Guys were making thousands on thousands of images with way more personality by trying to imitate 3d programs, but now we are here and they are all useless for this style unless someone reworks the whole universe and ditch these renders all together. I look at KC Glenn, Wolf Hawkins and etc and they now look like some JAGs off the corner and with way way less "character". KC tho doesn't look anything like what he looked like in 2020.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Can we no longer view worker's contracts when searching for workers? The only way I've found it is to view the company they are currently hired at, then view their profile in that companies roster page. Unless I'm missing something this is not a great change. A lot of extra clicking to get this compared to '20, which only required 1 click, changing popularity to contract. 

Edited by Jaysounder

Just now, TheStroke7 said:

I am buffled by how tiny the pics are. It is very strange since the AI renders should improve quality of the images, but then the decision is making them invisible. 

The alt default database removes the backgrounds entirely from wrestlers from what I can tell. They look much better

1 minute ago, hollywoodshinebox said:

I'm still stunned by the move towards ultra realistic renders. Guys were making thousands on thousands of images with way more personality by trying to imitate 3d programs, but now we are here and they are all useless for this style unless someone reworks the whole universe and ditch these renders all together. I look at KC Glenn, Wolf Hawkins and etc and they now look like some JAGs off the corner and with way way less "character". KC tho doesn't look anything like what he looked like in 2020.

Nicky Champion literally looks like The Rock now lmao, it's so silly

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheStroke7 said:

Check the mods forum my friend :) 

Also as someone else said, the default_alt DB included with the DL.

Edited by daddytorgo1

4 minutes ago, TheStroke7 said:

There is. Mentions how on page two of this thread.

3 minutes ago, Chikbot said:

Check out the Day 1 Update in the mod forum.

Nicky is one of those reworked…

Nicky Champion.png

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Chikbot said:

Yeah, Ernest Youngman looks like Usyk lmao.

I think I'm more sad about the part were unless you pay for midjourney it's really really hard to make this style of renders without looking absolute s**t.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Stingberg said:

While I think the renders do look amazing, having the border around them makes them really, really small. Not sure it's worth it.

There are two databases and pic packs. Default uses the gif and backdrops. Default_Alt uses the larger 150x150 jpegs

2 minutes ago, hollywoodshinebox said:

I think I'm more sad about the part were unless you pay for midjourney it's really really hard to make this style of renders without looking absolute s**t.

I think Bing AI does a good job for free.

1 minute ago, Stingberg said:

Don't think Bing AI actually is quite like this however. I was thinking the same exact thing as Hollywoodshinebox. It's really a shame, I mean DAZ3D was already pretty exclusive given you had to buy a lot of extra things to create.. yeah maybe I'm just upset its more money to be spent.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hollywoodshinebox said:

It's a valiant effort (I'm sorry, I had to), but I have to agree. I can't see myself using these, I'm switching as to my TEW2020 pictures. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, hollywoodshinebox said:

You can do these in other AI generators. It just requires a different prompt style.

10 minutes ago, TheStroke7 said:

Use the Default_Alt database. There are two picture packs. One uses the gif images with the backdrops, the other uses the more traditional 150x150 jpg photos

• Like 1

Just now, EdJames said:

You can do these in other AI generators. It just requires a different prompt style.

What prompts are you using if you don't mind me asking?

19 minutes ago, Stingberg said:

I don't think so, as you can see by my comment history I used extensively bing AI and I contributed so much for the AI scene. I literally can only spam these two types of render:

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIG4.pAg82MErz76YtWz88z3l?pid=ImgGn

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIG1.X8vkEIbyMNiMUjUV.Joq?pid=ImgGn

They have almost the same prompt, but one has dark background and the other a white one. The first one looks more "realistic", but sorry to those who like it or can only do that type of stuff, it looks cheap, silly and bad to me. The second one looks like a try at a daz imitation like this while trying to be realistic:

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIG2.l6AUKJiCcQJ9Ng2WVv_z?pid=ImgGn

Edited by hollywoodshinebox
  • Confused 1

I don't think so, as you can see by my comment history I used extensively bing AI and I contributed so much for the AI scene. I literally can only spam these two types of render:

They have almost the same prompt, but one has dark background and the other a white one. The first one looks more "realistic", but sorry to those who like it or can only do that type of stuff, it looks cheap, silly and bad to me. The second one looks like a try at a daz imitation like this:

So your suggestion is that the better alternative is to spam out renders you don’t rate so that people can do it free?

That doesn’t make much sense.

• Like 2

They have almost the same prompt, but one has dark background and the other a white one. The first one looks more "realistic", but sorry to those who like it or can only do that type of stuff, it looks cheap, silly and bad to me. The second one looks like a try at a daz imitation like this:

At 150x150 I don't think there's a huge difference but to each their own.