The MAW Discussion Thread

MAW look in great shape. Bradley Blaze has moved to TCW,  The Heartbreak Express gone to CWA, Jay Fair has retired and Deuce Deadline got lost in the shuffle and headed to IPW to refresh his career. The Architect has forgone a name change and become Mitchell Aldred, befriending Sam Keith who is now his mentor and dating Lisa Bowen. Nate DeMarcus has had a big singles push. The Past Masters are solid midcard guys ready for the next step. The Demon Lords are awesome and the Hot Property tag team are the first openly gay relationship in pro wrestling, not to mention very talented. 

This looks like such a fun time to be booking one of my all time favourite promotions. 

Who are your earlier hires? Who goes into the booking team? Who gets roles in your inner circle? Who are you looking to push? Here is a place to discuss all things Mid Atlantic. 

• Like 1

The MAW roster is like a brand new playing field compared to 2020. But as much as it pains me that Jaylon Martins has gone back to TCW at this point (he was my fav of the dev guys in 2020) I am also really happy to see him get a shot. 

Looking forward to giving the Demon Lords a massive push and Nate was always someone I would push so nice to see him at the top. Mitchell Aldred is another guy I liked from 2020 but at the start of the game Nate has not long been the champ and it feels way to early to move the title over him. Going to be fun figuring out a way to work this.

For my booking committee I have Sam Keith (user character) and Marvin Ernest for now. Might include Lisa Bowen but want to look at free workers for anyone with good skills first. 

I set Lisa as my morale officer and Jonah Pilgrim as my stooge... But haven't done anything else with the inner circle yet.

• Like 1

Mitchell Aldred is unironically one of the worst changes in the game. The Architect was the perfect name for someone getting ready to take over MAW, instead he loses his aura with the name and has Aldred as his last name. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I noticed they teased an international flair for The Rip Chord Invitational in the intro. Who have you guys brought in for it? I have yet to progress but have an offer out to Aztec Prince & am planning on bringing back a couple former MAW stars including FIndlay O'Farraday, Antonio Del Veccio & Ace Youngblood.

I thought about bringing in El Hijo De Espada Roja who has a decent bit of pop in the Mid-Atlantic but ultimately I just brought in O’Farraday. I felt like O’Farraday fit the bill when it comes to international flavour as he’s a fairly big and established star in Japan now. The roster is pretty big already so I kinda wanted to give my own guys a platform to shine, also I was a bit worried I would over spend. O’Farraday had a great tournament, beating Cheetah Boy then Miller Fforde before losing to Nate DeMarcus in the final, establishing Nate as the Ace of the company. I think I lost about $800 that month. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2024 at 2:28 AM, Scubaglue said:

I thought about bringing in El Hijo De Espada Roja who has a decent bit of pop in the Mid-Atlantic but ultimately I just brought in O’Farraday. I felt like O’Farraday fit the bill when it comes to international flavour as he’s a fairly big and established star in Japan now. The roster is pretty big already so I kinda wanted to give my own guys a platform to shine, also I was a bit worried I would over spend. O’Farraday had a great tournament, beating Cheetah Boy then Miller Fforde before losing to Nate DeMarcus in the final, establishing Nate as the Ace of the company. I think I lost about $800 that month. 

I had Findlay win it! He's back on the roster full time. I brought in one person from each company in the alliance (Aldous Blackfriar, Masked Stranger and Huge De Aske) I also brought back Al Coleman to MAW who was in the tournament as well. Gray lost the title to The Artist Formerly Known as The Architect Mitchelle Aldred. Also brought in Original Sinner and Texas Hangman to be our bully tag team since the Demons were faces. They attacked both Hot Property and Pretty Amazing causing a no contest. At the wrestling classic I'm going to have Pretty Amazing go over Hot Property with Sinner and Hangman attacking both teams after this match, this time The Demons will confront them. I just wish Demon Spite or Anger were still in the business so I could bring em in as managers. 

I could use some help if any of you have a good idea. Miller Fforde was going to beat Sandman Winks, until The Historian came in and caused a DQ at Februarys big show, The Wrestling Classic (I'm actually in the middle of the show now, I created an angle after the match and that's why I'm asking for help) I had Fford challenge The Historian to a title vs. career match and I"m going to have Historian win. Anyone have a good name/character to bring a masked Fford back in a Mr. America or Midnight Rider type role?

9 minutes ago, KingKongCoronado said:

I had Findlay win it! He's back on the roster full time. I brought in one person from each company in the alliance (Aldous Blackfriar, Masked Stranger and Huge De Aske) I also brought back Al Coleman to MAW who was in the tournament as well. Gray lost the title to The Artist Formerly Known as The Architect Mitchelle Aldred. Also brought in Original Sinner and Texas Hangman to be our bully tag team since the Demons were faces. They attacked both Hot Property and Pretty Amazing causing a no contest. At the wrestling classic I'm going to have Pretty Amazing go over Hot Property with Sinner and Hangman attacking both teams after this match, this time The Demons will confront them. I just wish Demon Spite or Anger were still in the business so I could bring em in as managers. 

I could use some help if any of you have a good idea. Miller Fforde was going to beat Sandman Winks, until The Historian came in and caused a DQ at Februarys big show, The Wrestling Classic (I'm actually in the middle of the show now, I created an angle after the match and that's why I'm asking for help) I had Fford challenge The Historian to a title vs. career match and I"m going to have Historian win. Anyone have a good name/character to bring a masked Fford back in a Mr. America or Midnight Rider type role?

I don't have a good name of the top, but my first thought is an identity based around "The Future". Since it's all based in his feud with Historian/The Past Masters, it'd be the complete opposite of them.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KingKongCoronado said:

I assume you are going for lawls? Just call him Mr. MAW. It’s already his nickname. “I’m not Miller Fforde, brother.”

Or, “Look, I can’t speak for any Mr. MAW that came before me. I don’t know any of them.”

”Anyone can call themselves Mr. MAW but that’s my actual name!”

”And if that guy comes back around I’ll prove him wrong!”

Edited by dubb93

3 hours ago, dubb93 said:

I assume you are going for lawls? Just call him Mr. MAW. It’s already his nickname. “I’m not Miller Fforde, brother.”

Or, “Look, I can’t speak for any Mr. MAW that came before me. I don’t know any of them.”

”Anyone can call themselves Mr. MAW but that’s my actual name!”

”And if that guy comes back around I’ll prove him wrong!”

Yes that's perfect! You sir are gentleman and a scholar! I think I will call him Mr. Micheal A. WSputnik but you can call me.. MR. MAW

Edited by KingKongCoronado

MAW is by far my favorite default company in the database and outside of my user-created company that I use for diaries is the company that I play the longest saves in. I think IX has MAW in the best shape since it had Findlay, Cameron Vessey, Casey Valentine, Hollywood Bret Starr, and Greg Gauge. Their tag division is really good for a company their size (especially if you reactive Nate and Tyrone so even though Nate is champion they can work tag matches and get more experience). 

I have Mitchell with his own stable. Jonah is his lackey, The Wolf Pack are the members/enforcers and Lisa is the mouthpiece. Right now they're feuding with Nate, Tyrone, and the Demon Lords (who are absolute money) over the Heavyweight and Tag Titles.

I always push The Historian, I mean, how could I not? I think there's a lot of potential in James Carter -- he's got great size and decent SQ for a company MAW's size. I try not to bring in a lot of free agents, at least not for full time work. The only exception is I always bring in Ace Youngblood, because I love Ace Youngblood. I try to book MAW like Crockett in '86 or '87. I also always seem to throw Trix and Copperhead in an underneath tag team because I don't have the heart to fire them but I can never get behind them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John Lions said:

I don't have a good name of the top, but my first thought is an identity based around "The Future". Since it's all based in his feud with Historian/The Past Masters, it'd be the complete opposite of them.

I know MAW isn't exactly known for bringing in veterans but I brought back Steven Parker who for some reason wasn't being renewed. His new gimmick is called "Back to The Future" and it's about becoming the man he was when he left MAW, he has aligned with the masked Fforde against The Historian and Sandman. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KingKongCoronado said:

I know MAW isn't exactly known for bringing in veterans but I brought back Steven Parker who for some reason wasn't being renewed. His new gimmick is called "Back to The Future" and it's about becoming the man he was when he left MAW, he has aligned with the masked Fforde against The Historian and Sandman. 

One of my first owner goals was grow to small, so I took that as an excuse that Sam Keith wanted to grow the company and hire vets. Around spring 2023 I got lucky and hired Mainstream Hernandez back, and he's been a big face presence at the top of the card but he is in time decline now. 

My first year honestly went great. I had Mitchell Allred win the RCI and MA Championship in the tournament, with his big plan being that he forced Nate Demarcus to compete in it. He held the belt most of the year (with his Blueprint stable consisting of Texas Hangman, Jonah Pilgrim and Phil Anders) until Nate got it back in the fall. For the 2023 RCI, I had Nate re-enter the tourney to prove he could win it, but Texas Hangman shocked the world and won it and the title. The next month, Mitchell turned on Hangman and enlisted Original Sinner as his new heavy and the two feuded for a while. 

Now, I've got Hangman feuding with Sterling Whitlock until Night of Champions, no idea how someone hasn't hired Whitlock yet because USPW released him with 66 pop across the board. At least Mainstream has the excuse of being broken down, Sterling is in great health with great stats and now 75 SQ after I asked him to bulk up and get ripped.

Meanwhile, I just hired Seth Whitlock after TCW let him go. I was going to make him a new Mean Machine at first, but when I realized his render looks nearly identical to Jay Silver (who's in a tag team with Jerry Pepper called New Mexico's Most Wanted) I gave him a new look via this free render and now I love the idea of him being a sleazy dirtbag character:
CVFP_WhiteMale047.gif.b2c40e02ed36eefae81b7173bfdedfd5.gif

9 hours ago, KingKongCoronado said:

Steven Parker wasn't renewed in 2 separate runs, one a watcher sim, and the other a start-up company... He's not run down either, so it's a bit odd it's happened (apparently) routinely.

1 hour ago, elmiticomark said:

Steven Parker wasn't renewed in 2 separate runs, one a watcher sim, and the other a start-up company... He's not run down either, so it's a bit odd it's happened (apparently) routinely.

Happened in my game too. I brought him in for two appearances to help Nate DeMarcus after Aldred’s stable (Architects of Destruction or just Architects for short) took out Tyrone and left him with no backup. I just have no interest in bringing in guys that much more popular than the rest of the roster long term but it worked out great for a tag match and then an appearance in the corner of Nate.

i went with The Historian as the muscle of the stable and had him win the 2023 RCI leading to a falling out. I’m planning to make a now ripped physique Historian my next champion.

I’ve also made it a house rule that i have an obligation to TCW and require myself to use everyone they send me on every single show unless there is a valid storyline reason why they would have to miss it.

2 minutes ago, dubb93 said:

Happened in my game too. I brought him in for two appearances to help Nate DeMarcus after Aldred’s stable (Architects of Destruction or just Architects for short) took out Tyrone and left him with no backup. I just have no interest in bringing in guys that much more popular than the rest of the roster long term but it worked out great for a tag match and then an appearance in the corner of Nate.

i went with The Historian as the muscle of the stable and had him win the 2023 RCI leading to a falling out. I’m planning to make a now ripped physique Historian my next champion.

I’ve also made it a house rule that i have an obligation to TCW and require myself to use everyone they send me on every single show unless there is a valid storyline reason why they would have to miss it.

Absolutely push Historian to the moon!

I'll join the chorus, I just signed Parker in September 2023. I will say, he's in decline, only around 65 pop, and SWF has a LOT of talented young guys to lean on right now, so that might be influencing him not getting resigned. Honestly, I'd rather older guys like him that have been locked up in contracts for years get released so I can have a chance with them. In previous years it was always guys like Spencer Spade that got released, and while Spade was good I got tired of always just waiting to sign him. Plus, he never had the overness these older talents bring to the table and it just didn't make sense that he was getting released when he should have been SWF's future. I'm glad the AI is now more in the habit of pushing young guys. 

ANYWAY, I'm going to be using Parker as one of my top faces now, and I'm stealing the idea of him using the Back to the Future gimmick to reclaim his former glory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, codey_v3 said:

I'll join the chorus, I just signed Parker in September 2023. I will say, he's in decline, only around 65 pop, and SWF has a LOT of talented young guys to lean on right now, so that might be influencing him not getting resigned. Honestly, I'd rather older guys like him that have been locked up in contracts for years get released so I can have a chance with them. In previous years it was always guys like Spencer Spade that got released, and while Spade was good I got tired of always just waiting to sign him. Plus, he never had the overness these older talents bring to the table and it just didn't make sense that he was getting released when he should have been SWF's future. I'm glad the AI is now more in the habit of pushing young guys. 

ANYWAY, I'm going to be using Parker as one of my top faces now, and I'm stealing the idea of him using the Back to the Future gimmick to reclaim his former glory. 

And IDK what the future is going to hold, but in my save SWF isn't in a great place. Supreme TV isn't even on the air right now.

4 hours ago, codey_v3 said:

I had Parker win the American Title (well I tried to make him lose to The Historian and he complained and I forgot to change it to DQ victory) so as they say in the business... plan change. I was going to have Parker turn on Mr. MAW and join The Past Masters. They were going to injury Mr. MAW and I was going to do segments in the hospital similar to what WWE did for Elias' brother where Miller Fforde visits MR. MAW in the hospital but he does not make it and Fforde comes back to extract revenge. Buuuutttt... during his first title defense against at The Clash against Lockie Brandish he was injured on a botch. Only for one month but now he's annoyed. I'm wondering if he's worth it now. Maybe I should cut my losses instead of dealing with the BS.

EDIT*****

DAMN! Parker has just signed with USPW, he won't even get a chance to drop the title. I guess I will be doing an injury angle with him where he has to give up the belt. I'll have Lockie give him a beatdown and hit multiple backbreakers and locking in the Camel Clutch to end his MAW career once again. 

What are you guys doing with the new generated wrestlers that TCW sign and send down? I've been using them sparingly except one that's been teaming with Tyrone Gray. But I been taking the information provided in their bio, height, weight, and default gimmick and putting it into an AI app and having that make the bio for the wrestlers for me. The auto generated ones kind of take me out of the game and I don't want to use the people. I've found that this has helped me. It did take me over an hour to find something I liked for each of the 4 wrestlers though. 

Developmental guys always end up as my jobbers, I can't risk pushing them when the relationship with TCW is so fragile. I like to start running two shows a month immediately and grow pretty quick, and by the time the first year is done TCW ends the relationship, which I personally love because I like hiring unemployed guys on 3-6 month deals to be my jobbers. I feel like it gives rookies a nice popularity boost that can get them noticed by other promotions. 

TCW is doing well in my game hovering around 79 pop for the past year, but they've been weird with their developmental. After ending our relationship they went with IPW but that only lasted about 4 months. Now they have no developmental so I suspect they're going to approach Rocky Mountain Wrestling soon, which just opened recently.

Does the dev deal always go belly up? TCW is on fire in my game and they have an "extremely positive" opinion of MAW so I'm wondering if that keep them from dumping us? I honestly don't even know how our relationship improved. Maybe they like how much their dev guys are improving and being used.

In my experience, yes, but I tend to grow fast, so maybe the AI wants there to be a wider gap between the popularity of the developmental and the main roster? 

I will say that I usually approach WLW to accept their workers on excursion, and that deal usually doesn't ever get ended no matter how much I grow. If they don't accept at first, try taking adopting a friendly stance first, that usually butters them up.

• 2 weeks later...

So what’s everyone do when they hit small and start taking 4 production penalties? Just ride it out? CZCW is huge compared to us and I have to think on the way to medium quickly with 70 rated shows, but RIPW is heavily in the red but supported financially by SWF. Both have fairly cranked production values compared to the rest of us at small.

Just had TCW break the agreement with him despite still having an extremely positive opinion of me after the split. Any chance that this is a bug of some sort?

Doesn't matter anyway. I'm heading into Where It All Begins Again with just two of the TCW dev guys pre-booked for the event (Warlord Fear and Warlord Hate were going to have Samoan Destruction Inc. put them over) so I'm not in a bad situation. I'll just plug The Casey Brothers (whom I have for 5 more appearances from NYCW) into that slot and change the outcome to the Samoans until I can build up another heel team to get the rub.

The only reason I brought the Samoan's in was to put over The Demon Lords.

Edited by dubb93

23 hours ago, dubb93 said:

So what’s everyone do when they hit small and start taking 4 production penalties? Just ride it out? CZCW is huge compared to us and I have to think on the way to medium quickly with 70 rated shows, but RIPW is heavily in the red but supported financially by SWF. Both have fairly cranked production values compared to the rest of us at small.

Yeah you just have to eat the losses for a little bit. Luckily MAW is already eligible for a WrestleWorld deal at the start, so that can help mitigate the losses a lot. Even if you dip into the red a bit I wouldn't worry, the pop gains from being on WrestleWorld itself will help you shoot back up. I stuck with them for two years before switching broadcasters and I think by the end of 2023 I was pulling in $100k a month.