Cornellverse 2005 (Release)

58 minutes ago, Capelli King said:

I remember the old days when i bought the original 2005 TEW game (yeah, i am that old). There was no Australia orgs there, i see there is several generic mods in Australia added, was this done on purpose?

Yes in canon those territories were alive in 2005 but there was no actual game region in 2005 for Australia. Its the same idea that there are hundreds of workers available to play with that aren't in the original 2005 game. 

This promotions were all very small and floundering quite a bit before APW opens in 07 and buys them all up. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HamKing said:

Angel Athletic seems to be a pain to use

I set up a AAA save yesterday but it seems i need to make up 20k monthly to pay for the dojo alone, which seems impossible with a budget of 50k total. Only alternative is selling, which nets you 200+K, which makes it very easy. 

Also: Tracy Brendon doesn't have a personality type.

And the locker room is trash due to Stardust being a bitter hag, despite there being no bad apples. Normally that should be the strenght of the promotion. 

Is there a schedule for updates or is this the final version?

6 hours ago, Blackman said:

I set up a AAA save yesterday but it seems i need to make up 20k monthly to pay for the dojo alone, which seems impossible with a budget of 50k total. Only alternative is selling, which nets you 200+K, which makes it very easy. 

And the locker room is trash due to Stardust being a bitter hag, despite there being no bad apples. Normally that should be the strenght of the promotion. 

its 5K a month plus isn't worth it since all the Dojo's are set with graduation disabled

6 hours ago, Blackman said:

Never a schedule for updates. Night is handling this almost entirely on his own with me being in and off of the forum with some personal family stuff. You're welcome to make any adjusted changes you want to try and improve any areas you think are lacking. This was simply Night and I to a lesser degree converting this, making the changes for TEWIX and releasing what amounts to a public beta. I feel like we have tackled most questions and concerns to the best of our ability. 

I feel like with the public release of this its always in a working state of change. This version of TEW has been radically different with how it deals with money than previous entities requiring a lot of adjusting to make things work. If you hit on a winning formula that makes things flow easier we both would happily introduce it. 

But no formal schedule of releases. But again by all means keep playing it, finding pain points and hopefully helping us resolve them with any ideas or methods you know :) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HamKing said:

also Hinote has no schedule

Yeah a lot of the Japan promotions have either a couple events or monthly events, and their Schedules are set to Fixed, so they don't create tour shows. All of them should be set to Created Tours if Tour shows aren't created.

2 hours ago, BrokenCycle said:

Yeah a lot of the Japan promotions have either a couple events or monthly events, and their Schedules are set to Fixed, so they don't create tour shows. All of them should be set to Created Tours if Tour shows aren't created.

I thought schedules are fixed anyways unless you use the in game editir

7 hours ago, BrokenCycle said:

Yeah, this is what i have done. In fact i edited a lot of the schedules for the future companies as well.

Hi everyone! Thanks for coming down and giving some feedback.

I want to remind everyone that what is released is pretty close to the actual 2005 data with as many of the new features as I could swing added in over the years. So yes, the Japanese promotions don't have tours, because tour shows weren't a thing back in 2005. They had weekly TV! I probably made a mistake with not giving Hinote something in their schedule, as I think SAISHO only has a few shows. 

All of the dojos owned by promotions should have been converted to schools at some point, so as not to cost everyone an arm and a leg.

I am working on the rebalanced version of the save. I haven't had a ton of time to work on it in the past couple weeks. I'm a professor, so I had the summer off, but I'm back at work now. I'm also in the middle of a 8 and 16 bit system catalogue playthrough where I make short reviews of games at the rate of four a week. And I also promote professional wrestling and do all the video work, including making episodes for YouTube {you can check it all out, here, if you're so inclined). I've got Wednesdays set aside to work on all of my projects, so I'll be getting back into the swing sooner rather than later. 

I appreciate you all taking a look and I'm happy to make changes when you see some mistakes. I'm going to try to get the rebalanced stuff out by the time September ends.

• 2 weeks later...

Might want to take a look at debut popularities. I just looked at the women as I'm playing AAA:

Nadia Snow has 34 in USA but literaly just debuted. 5 seems more realistic.

Jillian Jarvis has 25 after one mere month. Should be 3.

Paige Croft has 24. Better 5.

Zoe Ammis has 25. Better 7.

Suzanne Brazzle has 36. 15 seems the right amount.

They shouldn't come in day one and enter the main event scene, which is basically what happens now.

In terms of worker sizes:

- Cherry Bomb should be 5f3

- Paige Croft should be 5f1 (0?)

- Nadia Snow should be 5f1

I also put Cathering Quine as 6f0 and Tracy Brendon as 5f8 but that's personal preference I guess.