Which year do you want a TEW iX mod for most?

Which year do you want a TEW IX mod for most?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Which year do you want a TEW IX mod for most?

As a TNA fan, 2009 and 2016 are two periods I've always wanted to play in. 2009 because its just before Hogan and co come in, and the potential to not bring them in and instead keep building around AJ/Joe/Roode/Storm etc is fun. And in 2016, TNA is on the down but has a fun roster, so it would be cool to try build them up again.

• Like 8

January 2000 feels like a great point to make a mod for, at least in the American scene.

As WCW, you can either let the Radicalz go or try to build around them in a youth movement and avert the worst of the WCW 2000 madness.

As WWF, you’re gearing up for maybe the most consistently good stretch of PPVs in its history along with Mick Foley winding down, Triple H hitting his stride, Austin and Undertaker on the injury list and Jericho, Angle and a debuting Tazz all options for a big push.

ECW are on TNN getting perhaps their most mainstream exposure yet - and although things didn’t work out, maybe you can change history.

• Like 11

1980, as much as I love Mammoth's 1970 mod, I'd rather have a 1980 mod where most territories are still in place but Japan is now AJPW, AJW & NJPW with all their titles & events finally in place with Big Time Wrestling-Detrot and Pacific Coast Athletic CLub in SF starting to have issues and AWA, MACW, WCCW & WWF about to be in full swing

I am the rare guy here that does not care for wrestling after 2000 and there will be A LOT of mods from 1995 to current year anyway

• Like 4

I had been doing a save file of WWE in 2016 with the idea that Vince kicked the bucket right before Battleground and the "brand extension", I'd love to be able to pick that back up in TEW 9 without having to convert the database and try tweaking it all myself

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brokeassprez739 said:

2019 - either before Double or Nothing (Apr 2019?) or before the first Dynamite (Oct 2019) 

An October 2019 start date would be fantastic and I was always disappointed we didn't have anything in this timeframe for TEW 2020. Booking AEW from the start and having to make hard choices in how to develop the roster sounds like a nearly ideal TEW experience.

• Like 6

January 1993, January/April 2001, or June 2002. 93 because it's as close to a clean slate as you can get for WWF and WCW, 2001 because obviously it'd be really fun to have a universe where WCW/ECW never died or to get to book the invasion, and 2002 because MLW and TNA both started that month.

• Like 2